Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 851743 times)

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBA 2012-2013 Season
« on: Jul 02, 2012 at 07:03 PM »
let's continue the NBA discussion here (as approved by Mr. Hankey)

will the Heat repeat as champs?

will the Orlando Magic trade Dwight Howard?

will Deron Williams re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets?

will Steve Nash play for the Toronto Raptors?

will dpogs make it back to back against the haters?  ;D :D
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:08 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 at 07:27 PM by rusty »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 07:34 PM »
what are the chances that Ray Allen would opt to trasfer to another team?

is there hope for Boston to get to the championship round this coming season?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 07:51 PM »
it's tough to conclude that Ray Allen to the Heat is 100% sure

Celtics are reportedly pursuing Jason Terry, and still hoping that Ray Allen re-signs with them

Boston to the NBA Finals?

they're probably the roadblock to another Miami Heat Eastern Conference championship

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 at 07:52 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:05 PM »
it's tough to conclude that Ray Allen to the Heat is 100% sure

Celtics are reportedly pursuing Jason Terry, and still hoping that Ray Allen re-signs with them

Boston to the NBA Finals?

they're probably the roadblock to another Miami Heat Eastern Conference championship

but that's another year added to their age so mas mabagal na at mas mahina na siguro, i must admit im a Heat hater pero dahil nag champion na sila this year, they will still be huge next season i suppose, Im A celt fan but not very upbeat about their chances as the year pass by. Id be happy seeing them in the Eastern Finals though to me its already a tough thing to do.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:13 PM »
+1 on the age factor

if Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo can contribute significantly in their rookie year and with the right free agent acquisitions, the Celts might give Miami a little bit of trouble in the East.

the good thing going for Boston is they're $20m under the salary cap.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:16 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:36 PM »
+1 on the age factor

if Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo can contribute significantly in their rookie year and with the right free agent acquisitions, the Celts might give Miami a little bit of trouble in the East.

the good thing going for Boston is they're $20m under the salary cap.

Fab Melo is a name? pardon my ignorance

i think what the Celts sorely missed last season is a very good center and another scorer, Allen is not the same guy who shoots the lights out game after game, isa pa sanang scorer and a solid defender in the middle.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:41 PM »
Fab Melo is a name? pardon my ignorance

yup. he's brazilian, just like Nene (formerly known as Nene Hilario)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fab_Melo

i think what the Celts sorely missed last season is a very good center and another scorer, Allen is not the same guy who shoots the lights out game after game, isa pa sanang scorer and a solid defender in the middle.

+1

too much scoring load on Pierce and KG, they need help on that department.

even though Rondo had awesome stats in the 2012 playoffs, he's more of a facilitator IMHO.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:43 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 09:12 PM »
interesting read on the D12 saga

someone get this over with and trade him to the Bobcats. ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 at 09:15 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 09:28 PM »
Howard isn't interested in anything else but money. Winning is not his main agenda. Imagine wanting to join the Nets? How crazy can that be. He better be careful because in no time at all he can become professional basketball's public enemy number one.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 10:07 PM »
Howard isn't interested in anything else but money. Winning is not his main agenda. Imagine wanting to join the Nets? How crazy can that be. He better be careful because in no time at all he can become professional basketball's public enemy number one.

immature pa kasi. this is why i hate players jumping the gun and going straight to the NBA without playing in college.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 12:08 AM »
Anthony Davis suffered a severely spained ankle and is almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA

talk about karma  :D

dapat magpagawa na din siya ng t-shirt na ''check my sprain''  ;D

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:06 AM »
Anthony Davis suffered a severely spained ankle and is almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA

talk about karma  :D

dapat magpagawa na din siya ng t-shirt na ''check my sprain''  ;D

I read that Lamar Odom has now also begged off from Olympic duties. Not sure if they can still add a big man like Hibbert or Cousins to the official line-up at this stage. Baka mahirapan sila kung si Chandler and Love lang ang frontcourt players, although guys like Lebron and Durant can help out with the rebounds.

In other developments, Atlanta continues to overhaul its line-up by trading Marvin Williams to the Jazz for Devin Harris. Reports say that, with Atlanta's two biggest contracts out of the picture, they can become a possible destination for Diva Howard (via a trade daw for Horford and Teague?)

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:15 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:14 AM »
interesting trio: DWill - Joe Johnson - Wallace.. :)

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:47 AM »

will the Heat repeat as champs?    Answer: of course 100%

will the Orlando Magic trade Dwight Howard?  Answer: we will see D12 this season in other uniform

will Deron Williams re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets? Answer: if Brooklyn sign D12

will Steve Nash play for the Toronto Raptors? Answer: No.Nash need a team that a championship contender

will dpogs make it back to back against the haters?  ;D : Answer: of course

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #16 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:59 AM »

will the Heat repeat as champs?

will the Orlando Magic trade Dwight Howard?

will Deron Williams re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets?

will Steve Nash play for the Toronto Raptors?

will dpogs make it back to back against the haters?  ;D :D

will we see more of the "pinulot sa kangkungan" posts? ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #17 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 08:27 AM »
Albeit injuries, Nets have completed first five na.. Hope Dwill stays and Howard stays in Magic, he'll be a locker room cancer for any team..
The Pats way...

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 08:33 AM »
Disappointed with KG. After earning more than $100 million throughout his career (and earned every penny) he still demanded more than $10 million per year salary. How does he think the Celtics can load with more and younger talent? What a difference one championship makes.....

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #19 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
Disappointed with KG. After earning more than $100 million throughout his career (and earned every penny) he still demanded more than $10 million per year salary. How does he think the Celtics can load with more and younger talent? What a difference one championship makes.....

IMO Garnett deserves his new contract ..... a bit overpriced of course - but NBA teams always gives a premium to bigs, moreso for talents such as Garnett.

KG is still productive on both sides of the floor ..... even had a resurgence of sorts last season.

Besides the one championship, Garnett has helped keep the CELTICS in contention every year he has been with them.

I like CELTICS GM Danny Ainge's move of trying to keep his Big 4 together ..... BOSTON's championship window is still slightly open and the core should be good for a year or two.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012 at 09:33 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 10:10 AM »
IMO Garnett deserves his new contract ..... a bit overpriced of course - but NBA teams always gives a premium to bigs, moreso for talents such as Garnett.

KG is still productive on both sides of the floor ..... even had a resurgence of sorts last season.

Besides the one championship, Garnett has helped keep the CELTICS in contention every year he has been with them.

I like CELTICS GM Danny Ainge's move of trying to keep his Big 4 together ..... BOSTON's championship window is still slightly open and the core should be good for a year or two.

but for three years? KG is 36 will he still be able to play at the highest level for at least 2 more seasons? the big three is aging, they need to acquire young talentto ensure that when the trio of allen, pierce and garnett is done the franchise will still be competitive

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
but for three years? KG is 36 will he still be able to play at the highest level for at least 2 more seasons? the big three is aging, they need to acquire young talentto ensure that when the trio of allen, pierce and garnett is done the franchise will still be competitive

A 2-3 year contract should be good for KG ..... about as long as the CELTICS' closing championship window.

GM Danny Ainge has actually done a good job surrounding his Big 4 with decent young talent e.g. Bradley, Steimsma, Green, etc ..... plus recent draft picks (legit center Melo & consensus draft steal Sullinger).

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 10:43 AM »
Dito na pala :)

Well... *ehem* *ulit* as far as I know the current Champs is still in the running for Ray Allen and next possible daw is Marcus Camby.

I preffer Camby, as imho after Wade gets his surgery and be 100% again next season, Spo will need to device plays that requires a traditional center.

I am quite satisfied with Battier and Rio as the outside shooters etc.

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
A 2-3 year contract should be good for KG ..... about as long as the CELTICS' closing championship window.

GM Danny Ainge has actually done a good job surrounding his Big 4 with decent young talent e.g. Bradley, Steimsma, Green, etc ..... plus recent draft picks (legit center Melo & consensus draft steal Sullinger).

i'm no Celts fan but let's just hope that KG remain healthy to fulfill his contract and ofcourse to still make the eastern conference competitive and exciting

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:20 PM »
will we see more of the "pinulot sa kangkungan" posts? ;D

definitely.  ;) ;D

Phoenix is considering a max contract offer for Eric Gordon. WTF?!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:24 PM »

just like i said in a previous post of mine, the Celtics are $20m under the salary cap (for the first time in 5 years).

i have nothing against KG's new contract, although the 3rd year is still a question mark if im not mistaken.

drafting Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger is an indication that the Celtics are slowly undergoing the process of making their roster more youthful. i just hope their two draft picks aren't draft busts.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:24 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:32 PM »
Tama na yang mga kangkungan posts na yan. Ibang gulay naman this year. Pwedeng sinasayote, kinakalabasa, minamalunggay, inaampalaya, pinipechay, nangangamatis... ;D

Phoenix is considering a max contract offer for Eric Gordon. WTF?!

I don't think New Orleans should match that offer. Never been an All Star or played in the playoffs, parang si Rudy Gay when he signed his max contract.

I don't think Indiana should match Blazers max offer to Hibbert, either. Too much money on someone who's only been solid for one lockout shortened year.

And I hear that Batum's about to get a 50 mil/4-yr offer from the Twolves. I like him but that's way too much money.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:32 PM by rusty »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:41 PM »
Tama na yang mga kangkungan posts na yan. Ibang gulay naman this year. Pwedeng sinasayote, kinakalabasa, minamalunggay, inaampalaya, pinipechay, nangangamatis... ;D

dapat i-copyright or trademark na ng PinoyDVD ang kangkungan/kangkong.  ;D

I don't think Indiana should match Blazers max offer to Hibbert, either. Too much money on someone who's only been solid for one lockout shortened year.

i read that Indiana talked to Chris Kaman, he's a cheaper alternative to Roy Hibbert.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:49 PM »
** The max contract is a bit too much for an Eric Gordon ..... I can see him becoming a very good SG in the near future (he was a beast in college) though.

** Like I said, bigs are always given premium by NBA teams ..... no surprise that Hibbert is being offered max. No choice for Indiana now - if they don't match the offer, they risk falling down some notches in the East.

** Potential huge contracts for Batum & Asik are just plain crazy ...... what does the ROCKETS expect to get from Asik ..... 4-5 successful flops per game?  

This is the business nature of the NBA ..... majority of the team owners will complain about costs, revenues, parity, etc - yet will usually overpay to keep and/or sign totally undeserving players.  

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 03:51 PM »
just like i said in a previous post of mine, the Celtics are $20m under the salary cap (for the first time in 5 years).

i have nothing against KG's new contract, although the 3rd year is still a question mark if im not mistaken.

drafting Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger is an indication that the Celtics are slowly undergoing the process of making their roster more youthful. i just hope their two draft picks aren't draft busts.

KG may not be as great as during his prime but he has not been without dedication, fire and hussle, palaging with intensity maglaro and for that im willing to pay him to keep him, he may not be able to carry the team on his shoulder just but given a very good supporting cast, as what I have been reading in previuos posts, it seems I have to be upbeat about their chances, sana yung mga rookies nila would step up early to bring fire to the team

Rondo is playing very well and with more options in the offense, he can concentrate more on orchestrating for the team