Author Topic: Noob question on NMT, Media Player  (Read 1502 times)

Offline joey_ed27

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Noob question on NMT, Media Player
« on: Jul 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM »
Can someone kindly enlighten me on some very basic things about media players.  :-[  

1.  What are NMT's?  Ano ba difference nito from simply getting an external hdd? :-[

2.  How do you install movies on this? I've seen varying price range and read that some have wifi capability and others do not?  Para saan ba yun connectivity nito? Does it mean I can download the movies from various sites directly to it?  :-[ :-X

Thanks in advance.

I just recently purchased a 40" tv that supposedly plays mkv-dts files (whatever that means :-[) Would really want to make full use of this coupled with my internet connection at home.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM by joey_ed27 »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Noob question on NMT, Media Player
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2012 at 07:22 PM »
Can someone kindly enlighten me on some very basic things about media players.  :-[  

1.  What are NMT's?  Ano ba difference nito from simply getting an external hdd? :-[

2.  How do you install movies on this? I've seen varying price range and read that some have wifi capability and others do not?  Para saan ba yun connectivity nito? Does it mean I can download the movies from various sites directly to it?  :-[ :-X

Thanks in advance.

I just recently purchased a 40" tv that supposedly plays mkv-dts files (whatever that means :-[) Would really want to make full use of this coupled with my internet connection at home.

- Networked Media Tank(NMT)
- You use your External or Internal HDD as storage of movies then you connect it internally or externall to the NMT
-From the word Networked, meaning you can connect this to your LAN, via Ethernet and some with Wifi capability.
- There are players that are not capable to connect to a Network so we just call them Media Players..
- You can choose diff brands. PCH, Egreat, AC Ryan, Xtreamer, Mead8er, Measy, WDTV etc...

Hope this helps
Walang Setup

Offline joey_ed27

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2012 at 08:07 PM »
- You use your External or Internal HDD as storage of movies then you connect it internally or externall to the NMT
-From the word Networked, meaning you can connect this to your LAN, via Ethernet and some with Wifi capability.
- There are players that are not capable to connect to a Network so we just call them Media Players..
- You can choose diff brands. PCH, Egreat, AC Ryan, Xtreamer, Mead8er, Measy, WDTV etc...

Hope this helps

Bro thank you very much bro.  This really enlightened me. :)

Now to look for a NMT thats easy on the budget.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2012 at 08:16 PM by joey_ed27 »

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2012 at 07:27 AM »

Hope this helps

sama na rin natin Dune players.   ;)
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE