Author Topic: Is 3D just hype?  (Read 11746 times)

Offline jetstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Yohh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is 3D just hype?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 09:40 PM »
Watch Drive Angry 3D and Resident Apocalypse 3D.  The story is not that good but you'll be amazed with all the effects.  I'm using a Passive 3D LG TV but the 3D effects are unbelievable. Objects seems to fly out of the screen towards you (pop-up 3D). 

Cars II, Tangled, Smurf, and Rio all on their 3D Blu-ray renditions are all worth it.  And of course, the 45 min. Under the Sea IMAX 3D.  You'll love it.

Buy and collect highly recommended 3D Titles and you'll enjoy your 3D TV;)
Yamaha-Wharfedale
PolkAudio-LG 3D-Sony-AppleTV
Onkyo-Aurum Cantus-Pioneer Elite- LG UHD
MonitorAudio

Offline riven319

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 09:49 PM »
I had a series 7 Samsung 3D tv bought last Dec. 2010 and their active shutter glass are IR connected to the tv. Samsung's newer 3D tv uses bluetooth technology.. Even Samsung's compatibility of their old and new 3D tv is a question,IMHO...

Sorry I was referring to the 2012 models sir...  only a couple in particular :)   

At first I believed hype lang yan since I was disappointed in earlier variants of 3d implementation then I got to watch tangled 3d and I told myself that I've got to get me a 3dtv soon....  I did and since then I always enjoyed properly implemented 3d blu rays...    it is going to be a norm for hdtvs anyway... else the manufacturers will run out of ways to peddle their wares... 

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #32 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 09:06 AM »
Well, in my opinion,.. still HYPE,...

still not impressed sa 3D quality...  ;D

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 09:24 AM »
I've stop buying and watching 3D movies on my Samsung 3D TV.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM »
I've stop buying and watching 3D movies on my Samsung 3D TV.

Ano size ng tv mo brader?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM »
I have a 3D projector but never experienced watching 3D with it he he he... Ang mahal nang glasses eh he he he
Walang Setup

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM »
I have a 3D projector but never experienced watching 3D with it he he he... Ang mahal nang glasses eh he he he

Wala ba kasama ung PJ mo? Buti na lang sa akin may 2 na kasama and i have some iso 3D bluray and what i can say it's like viewing on the cinema.  ;D ;D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline dopogi8

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 07:14 PM »
ne experience ko lang to sa tv ng barkada ko, LG smart tv,led 3d tv.
passive eye glasses kaya ang dame namin nanuod dahil madameng available na glasses, 4 yung free ng LG, tapos yung iba cdr-king na.
mga 10 ata kaming nanuod sa kanila nun.
sa sobrang ka adikan, nag cconvert na ako ng normal 2d movie into 3d movie, may software akong nakuha to convert 2d-3d. SBS format.
latest namin napanuod avengers 3d na convert ko, nag ka problema lang sa 3d depth na set ko sa converter ng mataas kaya may ghosting ng konti. hehehe
kaya ako ngayon gusto narin bumili ng 3dtv kaso mahal pa ng passive.. hintay hintay muna mag mura. heheehe ;D ;D ;D

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 02:41 PM »
Ano size ng tv mo brader?

55 inches

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #39 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 04:16 AM »
Let me share my 3D experience when I bought my 3D TV.  I thought I could save money by just playing SBS downloaded mkv movies. At first it was fine but when I had problems like ghosting/crosstalk, active shutter glasses turning off, 3D going back to 2D, headaches and dizziness, I reverted back to 2D.  Another problem is that I need to watch the movie concentrating on the center of the screen as the 3D feature is just limited there.  The TV edges are blurry.   I did not bother with the 2D to 3D conversion as it lacks the depth that I was expecting.  As I was trying to convince myself that I can live with these problems,  the other members of the family aren't in the same boat with me.  Watching 3D became a chore. Definitely wouldn't convince visitors and friends to convert to 3D.    I am better off with 2D. 

BUT after watching a Bluray in 3D,  I was begging for more.  I bought a 3D demo disc to try it out.  I was blown away.  I got the same experience when watching in a 3D theater.  No crosstalk, active shutter glasses problems, etc.  Even the TV screen edges are well defined and the images are literally popping out of the TV.  Now I am buying 3D BDs which are 1.5-2x more expensive than regular BDs.  :P  It becomes more expensive to enjoy the feature.  :-\  I can watch the whole movie through without any distractions nor headaches.  Now the kids and the wife are watching and enjoying the movie with me.  I solved the 3D glasses expense problem by buying generic active shutter glasses.  It  functions as well as the branded ones and costs half as much.  I just had to source it abroad. 

Bottomline...3D is a nice novelty to have but with what I have narrated and if you are ready to spend a little more to enjoy that feature...GO for it!  ;)     

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 05:07 AM »
Let me share my 3D experience when I bought my 3D TV.  I thought I could save money by just playing SBS downloaded mkv movies. At first it was fine but when I had problems like ghosting/crosstalk, active shutter glasses turning off, 3D going back to 2D, headaches and dizziness, I reverted back to 2D.  Another problem is that I need to watch the movie concentrating on the center of the screen as the 3D feature is just limited there.  The TV edges are blurry.   I did not bother with the 2D to 3D conversion as it lacks the depth that I was expecting.  As I was trying to convince myself that I can live with these problems,  the other members of the family aren't in the same boat with me.  Watching 3D became a chore. Definitely wouldn't convince visitors and friends to convert to 3D.    I am better off with 2D. 

BUT after watching a Bluray in 3D,  I was begging for more.  I bought a 3D demo disc to try it out.  I was blown away.  I got the same experience when watching in a 3D theater.  No crosstalk, active shutter glasses problems, etc.  Even the TV screen edges are well defined and the images are literally popping out of the TV.  Now I am buying 3D BDs which are 1.5-2x more expensive than regular BDs.  :P  It becomes more expensive to enjoy the feature.  :-\  I can watch the whole movie through without any distractions nor headaches.  Now the kids and the wife are watching and enjoying the movie with me.  I solved the 3D glasses expense problem by buying generic active shutter glasses.  It  functions as well as the branded ones and costs half as much.  I just had to source it abroad. 

Bottomline...3D is a nice novelty to have but with what I have narrated and if you are ready to spend a little more to enjoy that feature...GO for it!  ;)     
doc mas mura .iso ;)
with the latest nmt chipset or mid level ati card solved na ;D
Primum Nil Nocere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 06:45 AM »

As joko said mas mura pag iso bluray just play it with NMT or HTPC it's just like 3D bluray disk.  ;) ;)

doc mas mura .iso ;)

+1 Alternative to 3D bluray disk.  ;D ;D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 08:06 AM »
doc mas mura .iso ;)

As joko said mas mura pag iso bluray just play it with NMT or HTPC it's just like 3D bluray disk.  ;) ;)

+1 Alternative to 3D bluray disk.  ;D ;D

Hmmm....may tama ka dyan!  ;D. I just need to source it out.  Try ko nga.  Thanks guys for the heads up!  ;D

Kaka-order ko Pa naman ng 9 3D BDs sa amazon:-[

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 09:16 PM »

Kaka-order ko Pa naman ng 9 3D BDs sa amazon:-[
i-rip na lang tapos ilagay sa MP :P
regarding source no problem din.marami si xrampage ;D
sis invite mo nga si doc
Primum Nil Nocere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
i-rip na lang tapos ilagay sa MP :P
regarding source no problem din.marami si xrampage ;D
sis invite mo nga si doc

Doc pa pm ng email mo and dapat pag usapan na lang natin para share na lang para tipid sa bandwidth and meralco.  ;D ;D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 09:40 PM »
Aba maganda yan parekoy!  ;D

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM »
Doc, sa PJ ka ba naka 3D? Or flat screen?

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM »
Doc, sa PJ ka ba naka 3D? Or flat screen?

Panasonic Plasma 3D po

Offline jerkzerocool

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM »
Just tested several 3D sbs movies on my panasonic 42st30. Picture quality is amazing, never expected the 3D to be that great  ;D.

Offline Randy1981

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM »
I have 40 3D movies sbs mkv file and it works very cool in my 50vt30.lalo na ung avatar ang ganda!like in cinema.

Offline jerkzerocool

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 01:06 PM »
I have 40 3D movies sbs mkv file and it works very cool in my 50vt30.lalo na ung avatar ang ganda!like in cinema.
Wow dami 3D titles nyan sir ah hehe, napansin ko lang mas maganda depth 3D ng mga movies na shot in 3D cameras unlike mga movies na converted into 3D after the movie was shot. I found this website yesterday http://realorfake3d.com/. It has a list of movies that was just converted into 3d against movies that are real 3d. Karamihan ng mga na download ko were movies na just converted, but from now on I will just download movies na were shot in real 3D cameras. Those movies na were just converted to 3d parang mas ok to just watch it in 2D kasi parang may daya lang hehe. There were few 2D movies na maganda pagka convert sa 3D according to reviews like Titanic and alice in wonderland but the rest of titles don't have good depth compared to movies that were shot in 3D cameras. So far I have 10 sbs 3D movies, and pag download ako I always pick the one with the highest video and audio bitrate the larger the size the better the quality. I have played all the movies for few minutes to test each quality, and so far 3 movies pa lang ang na watch ko in full. I watch thor, underworld and cars2. First movie napanood ko is thor akala ko maganda na, but when I watch underworld evolution and cars 2 napansin ko mas malalim depth and mas natural pagka 3d. Then I discovered na thor is just a 2d movie converted to 3d compared to underworld evolution and cars 2 na were shot using 3d cameras kaya mas maganda quality ng 3d.  ;D

Offline revskie

• Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 01:11 PM »
How different is the 3D SBS and 3D BD ISO in terms of picture quality?

Offline Randy1981

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 03:20 PM »
Ndi ko pa na try ung 3D bd ISO.

Offline sonfc

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 03:26 PM »
mga bossing ano ba maganda entry level na 3d bdp? saw one pioneer sa sm appliance center worth around 9k tapos pwede installment for 6 months. Not familiar kasi what to look for sa specs. I'm using 42" pana. Thanks

Offline revskie

• Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 03:29 PM »
Sony and Panasonics are good.  Try mo kay Anya.  Meron pa ata siya.  110V nga lang.  Pero mas mura and cash basis only.

Offline frontANDcenter

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • @dandarWIN
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #55 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 03:41 PM »

Sir, ano pong player gamit niyo?? thanks ;D

Offline Randy1981

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 06:15 PM »
Media player.mede8er

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 08:59 PM »
How different is the 3D SBS and 3D BD ISO in terms of picture quality?

In my experience 3D SBS makes me feel cross eyed and dizzy.  3D BD (which is the same as 3D BD ISO) has smoother rendition just like in the movie theaters. 

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #58 on: Oct 03, 2012 at 04:36 PM »
In my experience, I like the 3d bluray discs more. mas maganda pagka pop up nya. Ipon mode nga lang muna sa 3d discs.
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 03, 2012 at 04:49 PM »
In my experience, I like the 3d bluray discs more. mas maganda pagka pop up nya. Ipon mode nga lang muna sa 3d discs.

+1
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.