Author Topic: Extreme DVD Player  (Read 86710 times)

Offline rband04

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • installer , computer and sound gimik
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Extreme DVD Player
« Reply #330 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 03:51 PM »
sir alfie
mga pre ako din may dv-6500 di na rin nagbabasa ng dvd cd na lang magagawa pa kaya nila ito sir alfie. almost 3 tr na rin. kasi nasubukan ko vga out nya at 720P ang ganda. magkano kaya?salamat andvance

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #331 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 10:27 AM »
Take it to this shop;
AB Audio Video Service Center at 514 Life Arcade, Quiapo, Manila Tel no. 7046973
Look for Niel, but be aware that they will always try to tell you that  it's the laser, however, try to be nice and haggle since, once they are aware that you're not so naive, the price goes down even, if it's really the laser that has to be replaced.
Per my experience, the people here can resurrect almost any electronic equipment as long as there is a surplus part available.  ;)

Offline taz

• Apprentice
  • dvdtaz
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 03:56 PM »
I bought last 2 weeks an extreme sd-188, all my unread pdvd are okay with this unit. I bought it 2,400 at raon. its features are divx, mp4, sd and usb outlet. But it is not DTS capable, only dolby digital. But its worth!! ;) Hope its quality will long last...

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 04:41 PM »
bakit kaya yung mga bago ngayon ala ng dts?    ???

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:33 PM »
I bought last 2 weeks an extreme sd-188, all my unread pdvd are okay with this unit. I bought it 2,400 at raon. its features are divx, mp4, sd and usb outlet. But it is not DTS capable, only dolby digital. But its worth!! ;) Hope its quality will long last...

Hi, just a few questions.

1. Is the analog 5.1 output really 5.1 (meaning the dialogue only comes out in the center channel)?
2. Does it display widescreen divx files anamorphically?
3. Does it support subtitle files like SRT and IDX/SUB?
4. Does it play OGM files?

Thanks.

Offline taz

• Apprentice
  • dvdtaz
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 10:44 AM »
Hi, just a few questions.

1. Is the analog 5.1 output really 5.1 (meaning the dialogue only comes out in the center channel)?
2. Does it display widescreen divx files anamorphically?
3. Does it support subtitle files like SRT and IDX/SUB?
4. Does it play OGM files?

Thanks.

1. Yup its already 5.1 ready. cos im into home theater set-up, its already dolby digital decoder.
2. it has its option to letterbox, pan and scan, and 16:9 tv (hope this will answer ur question)
3. Wht do u mean? I played my dvd with other languages of subtitles, it can play all.
4. Sorry for the ignorance whats OGM?  Does this files connected in burning of dvd's right to your computer?

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 01:48 PM »
1. Yup its already 5.1 ready. cos im into home theater set-up, its already dolby digital decoder.
2. it has its option to letterbox, pan and scan, and 16:9 tv (hope this will answer ur question)
3. Wht do u mean? I played my dvd with other languages of subtitles, it can play all.
4. Sorry for the ignorance whats OGM?  Does this files connected in burning of dvd's right to your computer?

1. For the 5.1 do you use the optical/coaxial digital out connected to a receiver or the 5.1 analog straight to the speakers?
2. What I mean by display Divx files anamorphically is does it change aspect ratio when switching from letter box to 16:9?
3. SRT and IDX/SUB are subtitle files that you place along with your divx files to display subtitles.
4. OGM is another file format that is mostly used in anime releases.

Thanks a lot

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 03:54 PM »
Firestorm,
   Only the .srt files are supported, it does not read the Idx/sub, in fact I tried to rename it to .srt, but it still failed to recognized it.
   BTW, i have the SD-166, and the reason it does not output the DTS audio, is due to "License agreements" this is the same thing with the latest Philips DVD/Divx player that has HDMI output.
   One thing I noticed is that the audio basically is the same, it's just that the DTS logo comes out as DD 5.1 X DPL2 with my HK 235.

Alfie

Offline taz

• Apprentice
  • dvdtaz
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 04:22 PM »
1. For the 5.1 do you use the optical/coaxial digital out connected to a receiver or the 5.1 analog straight to the speakers?
2. What I mean by display Divx files anamorphically is does it change aspect ratio when switching from letter box to 16:9?
3. SRT and IDX/SUB are subtitle files that you place along with your divx files to display subtitles.
4. OGM is another file format that is mostly used in anime releases.

Thanks a lot

1. Im using optical digital out using my amplifier. There are settings on audio if im using my dvd for 5.1 decoder.
2. I think it doesnt change, ill try again at home if it change..
3. all my divx files displays all subtitles
4. Im not use to anime dvd, so i cannot assure you about OGM..

Offline jed-jed

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 03:52 PM »
for the DIY'ers at malakas ang loob na kumalikot ;D

after more than a year of use, my Xtreme DVD player won't read any disc.

the trimmer for adjusting the light intensity ( AKA alignment ) is located underneath the tray/transport. you have to remove the 4 screws holding the tray for you to see it.

i adjusted the trimmer and now my Xtreme DVD player works fine. 

after almost 2 yrs of use, my extreme dvd prayer can not read dvds anymore but can read vcd and other disk except dvds.  last weekend i tried opening my player and was suppose to adjust the alignment, but i can not locate the trimmer to adjust.  i removed all 4 screw and still i can not locate the trimmer adjustment.  ano po ba ang itsura ng trimmer?  kahit anong paikot-ikot gawin ko di ko makita kung saan.   is this a screw typ trimmer???

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #340 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 07:52 AM »
I'll be buying a second microphone for my Promac CantaMax, for a budget of Php 1K, meron ba akong mabibili na very good quality na mic? Guys advise naman kung anong brand at saan ako makabibili. TIA.

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #341 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 08:57 AM »
   One thing I noticed is that the audio basically is the same, it's just that the DTS logo comes out as DD 5.1 X DPL2 with my HK 235.

Alfie
If your HK 235 does not display DTS it means that the signal is not DTS but DD.
I tested several DVD players and most players with DTS logo can't pass through DTS signal using coax or optical connection.

I'm just wondering how come they can read DTS but can't pass the DTS signal through the AVR.
Are players with DTS encoding cannot use the receivers DAC even if you use the digital out?
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 10:33 AM »
Nope...that's not true, I have a Panasonic A300, it was not licensed to decode any DTS audio, hence, once you choose the DTS audio, the picture hangs.
The good thing about this Chinese made unlicensed/Unauthorized DVD playes, is that they were able to devise a way to be able to decode the DTS audio, while bypassing the DTS logo...hence...avoidance of a possible lawsuit.
This explains the DD5.1 X DPL2.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Mar 02, 2007 at 07:57 PM »
Fans of Xtreme DVD players rejoice. I went to Venus Electronics Enterprises this afternoon and purchased an SD-199, the latest model from Alfie's SD-166. I was informed by the owner that SM Appliances are now distributing their products but it is not available yet in all SM branches but only in SM Cubao and SM City. Sm's pricing for the SD-199 is around 2,900 pesos. They are seeking more retail distributors. She also assured me that they are in the market for good and will continue to support servicing their products. That was the reason I went to their T. Mapua, Sta Cruz, Manila repair office as after 4 years of service my 6500A is showing signs of pick up lens ageing. Hindi na makuha sa cleaning and fine adjustments on the focus and alignment potentiometers consistently.

Although the SD-199 only has Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding and not DTS, my disappointment on the audio side was surpassed by my delight on its video playing abilities as my preliminary tests indicate it is one of the best tracker with very smooth motion playback. I have not yet completed my full range of tests specially on divx burned discs but I am already pleased with my purchase. For me the old 6500A had everything for its time except divx and dvd-r compatibility but the sd-199 seems to have better error correction. It seem DTS decoding in inexpensive china brands is harder to comeby.

For those still looking for Xtreme or needing their service:
tel. 733-5075
Repair office: 509 Tomas Mapua St., Sta Cruz, Manila
email: [email protected]

They promise they will be bringing back their website after they finalize their update and visual makeovers. They also started to market new products like mp3 players in ipod appearances, portable small lcd screens, digital still picture frames etc.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Mar 04, 2007 at 05:07 PM »
Fans of Xtreme DVD players rejoice. I went to Venus Electronics Enterprises this afternoon and purchased an SD-199, the latest model from Alfie's SD-166. I was informed by the owner that SM Appliances are now distributing their products but it is not available yet in all SM branches but only in SM Cubao and SM City. Sm's pricing for the SD-199 is around 2,900 pesos. They are seeking more retail distributors. She also assured me that they are in the market for good and will continue to support servicing their products. That was the reason I went to their T. Mapua, Sta Cruz, Manila repair office as after 4 years of service my 6500A is showing signs of pick up lens ageing. Hindi na makuha sa cleaning and fine adjustments on the focus and alignment potentiometers consistently.

Although the SD-199 only has Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding and not DTS, my disappointment on the audio side was surpassed by my delight on its video playing abilities as my preliminary tests indicate it is one of the best tracker with very smooth motion playback. I have not yet completed my full range of tests specially on divx burned discs but I am already pleased with my purchase. For me the old 6500A had everything for its time except divx and dvd-r compatibility but the sd-199 seems to have better error correction. It seem DTS decoding in inexpensive china brands is harder to comeby.

For those still looking for Xtreme or needing their service:
tel. 733-5075
Repair office: 509 Tomas Mapua St., Sta Cruz, Manila
email: [email protected]

They promise they will be bringing back their website after they finalize their update and visual makeovers. They also started to market new products like mp3 players in ipod appearances, portable small lcd screens, digital still picture frames etc.

Hi Roadster, where is Venus located? I went to their old stall in Raon but they weren't there anymore. How much did you get the SD-199 for was it 2,900 also? And please give us more feedback especially on divx playing. Thanks.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Mar 04, 2007 at 06:16 PM »
Already posted the repair center/office of Venus at T. Mapua.
I did get a discount from the owner but the 2.9T is a good reference
point as that is their suggested retail price. On Divx compatibility it is
not so compatible. You have to finalize discs and only certain Divx files can be played otherwise it is just unsupported format you get or it plays back as audio only file without the video as already reported for this model. Mas compatible nga ata iyong SD166 ni Alfie. Fino naman iyong playback with dvds, vcds which i like. Kaparehas talaga sila ng source manufacture sa China ng mga generic players like Lexing, Miyata etc.
Ang mga pagkakaiba e cosmetic apperances, features but otherwise kita mong parehong pinagkunan ika nga. Mas fino in comparison iyong video output ng Xtreme. I also have a similar Miyata dvd player which has less features, lesser video pic quality but it has working DTS encoder and of course the price is much cheaper, the menus etc. are identical.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Mar 04, 2007 at 06:45 PM »
Already posted the repair center/office of Venus at T. Mapua.
I did get a discount from the owner but the 2.9T is a good reference
point as that is their suggested retail price. On Divx compatibility it is
not so compatible. You have to finalize discs and only certain Divx files can be played otherwise it is just unsupported format you get or it plays back as audio only file without the video as already reported for this model. Mas compatible nga ata iyong SD166 ni Alfie. Fino naman iyong playback with dvds, vcds which i like. Kaparehas talaga sila ng source manufacture sa China ng mga generic players like Lexing, Miyata etc.
Ang mga pagkakaiba e cosmetic apperances, features but otherwise kita mong parehong pinagkunan ika nga. Mas fino in comparison iyong video output ng Xtreme. I also have a similar Miyata dvd player which has less features, lesser video pic quality but it has working DTS encoder and of course the price is much cheaper, the menus etc. are identical.

I thought the address was only for their repair service and not for sales. I just came back from Raon earlier and there are lots of Xtreme models on display I asked the price on some and most were around 2,000 or less. Anything special about the SD199 that makes it more expensive? Maybe those cheaper ones are not really Xtreme players. Thanks again.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Mar 04, 2007 at 07:39 PM »
Yes, many Xtreme branded players were actually brought in by the Lexing importer so they are in effect Lexing equivalents. Ang bentahan sa china factory e they will supply to your price point of similar player ang pagkakaiba ng mahal sa mura e iyong added features and the quality level of the parts inside. The SD-199 has SD/mm memory card slot in front along with usb input. Similar to Lexings it comes with game pads and a vcd disc for 300 games from the apple/nintendo family computer era. Wala lang speakers or am fm radio. It also has true 5.1 audio output for dolby surround but not DTS decoding. These from 1 china source players look, feel alike but there are differences. Ika nga e
may dahilan bakit mura at may dahilan bakit mahal. Hindi lang sa added features kung di pati na rin sa mga piesang ginamit. Kanya kanyang market at gamit. The other thing e I would not label these players as Divx players as the compatibility is limited.

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Mar 05, 2007 at 05:33 PM »
I saw this particular model at SM Cubao, the saleslady is cute hehe.  It retails nga for P2,900.  Sayang nga alang DTS

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 06:46 PM »
The SD-199 has no DTS but i am very happy with its video playback
quality. In terms of being able to play back all sorts of discs and formats,
it reminds me of the original Nextbase when it was the best dvd player tracker discussed in pinoyDVD. So far it has played all of my discs.
I think the replacement for the 6500a
which is the 009 should have DTS decoding. I am not sure as I have not personally tried out the model yet. I am thinking of getting one just for that.

Mabait pati iyong owner ng Xtreme. They not only gave me discounts but they practically made sure my purchases from them enjoy continued warranty. I already got back the unit I sent for repairs.

Really, I can not overstate how nice they are to me. I suppose they know I am a fan of their products. Naloko na, the more I am inclined to buy their brand sa susunod pa.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 07:49 PM »
The SD-199 has no DTS but i am very happy with its video playback
quality. In terms of being able to play back all sorts of discs and formats,
it reminds me of the original Nextbase when it was the best dvd player tracker discussed in pinoyDVD. So far it has played all of my discs.
I think the replacement for the 6500a
which is the 009 should have DTS decoding. I am not sure as I have not personally tried out the model yet. I am thinking of getting one just for that.

Mabait pati iyong owner ng Xtreme. They not only gave me discounts but they practically made sure my purchases from them enjoy continued warranty. I already got back the unit I sent for repairs.

Really, I can not overstate how nice they are to me. I suppose they know I am a fan of their products. Naloko na, the more I am inclined to buy their brand sa susunod pa.

So no problems with DVD playback, could you expand more on the problems you had with Divx files majority ba nang files ayaw i-play or certain files lang naman. Thanks.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 08:43 PM »
Many of the older divx files were reported as unsupported formats
or read only as audio files like other avi files. But it does playback
divx of latter versions. In my tests, I had more materials from wayback
so a lot more could not be played. Not only DVDs have no problem even
variable bit encoded SVCDs were all played smoothly. My superbit encoded self burned DVDs played too without any hitch. Also DVD-R, DVD-RW played without problem.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 09:32 PM »
Many of the older divx files were reported as unsupported formats
or read only as audio files like other avi files. But it does playback
divx of latter versions. In my tests, I had more materials from wayback
so a lot more could not be played. Not only DVDs have no problem even
variable bit encoded SVCDs were all played smoothly. My superbit encoded self burned DVDs played too without any hitch. Also DVD-R, DVD-RW played without problem.

Maybe those were encoded with Divx 3.11 which can be played by my older Orange player but no video on my newer Skyworth player. And it's the opposite for some of the newer versions of Xvid/DivX which can't be played on the Orange but OK on the Skyworth. I think I should visit their office one of these days to test out the SD-199. BTW, is that their most expensive player available? Thanks again.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 10:28 PM »
That seems to be the case. Yes, the SD-199 is their current top of the line with the memory card and usb slots feature. But if I remember correctly the prices for the other models are identical if not close to each other. I certainly would like to try the 009 next. Good Hunting!

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 10:58 AM »
That seems to be the case. Yes, the SD-199 is their current top of the line with the memory card and usb slots feature. But if I remember correctly the prices for the other models are identical if not close to each other. I certainly would like to try the 009 next. Good Hunting!

How to go to Venus Electronics Enterprises if coming from Cubao?
How much po yung model 009 and SD-199 sa kanila?

Thanks.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Mar 13, 2007 at 12:13 PM »
I'm not really familiar with transport to that area as I have not been there for years before going there to buy. Venus is renamed WinBase
actually. Malapit sila sa dulo ng T. Mapua sa Sta Cruz. So any routes going to Plaza Sta Cruz, Avenida, o even Recto iyong jeep going to taft
would pass by T. Mapua or plaza Sta Cruz. Sa Plaza Sta Cruz e doon sa
papuntang Tetuan street. They are right across the old premier hotel or about the third office unit on T. Mapua from the corner with Tetuan.

As to prices, 2,900 ang suggested retail price for both. I think they will immediately offer a price lower than their retail distributors. Be nice and I think you may ask for a little more discount.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 06:17 PM »
I passed by their Tomas Mapua office earlier it's only a very small area for their display section the rest I think is for their bodega. There were lots of different models on display but I didn't see the SD-199. The only player I remembered that had USB and MMC ports was the SD-188 also saw the SD-166 (I wonder if it's the same one that Alfie got last year). The rest of the models were numbered like 002, 004 and so forth. I didn't ask for their prices since I don't think the owner was there and I wasn't really ready to buy yet. So I asked about the warranty it's 4 months for parts and 1 year for service.

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 02:53 PM »
When I bought my SD-199, they had it on display inside. More than that they got me a fresh new unit from their nearby warehouse ( I had to wait 5 or more minutes). In fact, with Alfie's review, I was looking for the SD-166 but they did not have it in stock anymore.

Offline angelos

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: May 07, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
Satisfied po ako sa aking xtreme dv818.
P5,500 lang ang price nito at merong karaoke midi with 5,500 songs.
Problema ko lang kung saan bibili ng cd na mas maraming songs.

Offline malagukhu

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2007 at 01:47 AM »
sa kasesearch ko ng mga models and reviews ng mga dvd players napunta ako sa pinoydvd. so far nakita kong maganda is nextbase and etong extreme. so alin po ba ang mas maganda? im not really after nung dts as long as it can play as many type of media files/discs available and syempre yung tatagal sana. TIA.

OT: nagpunta ako abenson's kanina and yung sales clerk was offering me the lg dv 246k may karaoke function and scoring daw. anyone who owns this one?