Author Topic: Access to a Network Media Players Internal Hard Drive  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Access to a Network Media Players Internal Hard Drive
« on: Jul 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM »
Sa Mga expert, patulong naman...

I'm considering a purchase of a new Media Player with a HD and since I don't have one with such characteristics (I own a Gen 1 WDTV so it does not have a HD) I was wondering if I could access the HD inside the Media Player using a PS3 in another room.  From what I have researched it seems likely but I cant seem to find a thread here that neatly explains it.  I hope someone can help out a confused newbie... ???

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 at 06:21 AM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Access to a Network Media Players Internal Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM »
If you purchase an ac ryan play on HD2 and have an internal hard drive. The media player will act as a NAS and you can access the contents of the internal hard drive from your computer, ps3 or other media players. Which means that if you have a movie on the hard drive of the ac ryan play on HD2, you can watch that movie on another media player.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM »
If you purchase an ac ryan play on HD2 and have an internal hard drive. The media player will act as a NAS and you can access the contents of the internal hard drive from your computer, ps3 or other media players. Which means that if you have a movie on the hard drive of the ac ryan play on HD2, you can watch that movie on another media player.

Now that is one definitive answer! Thank you Sanjay!  ;D

Is there any other Media player that will function the same way? Popcorn? Egreat? Measy?  Which one of these Manufacturers have a built in Wifi?

TIA
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2012 at 05:21 PM »
Now that is one definitive answer! Thank you Sanjay!  ;D

Is there any other Media player that will function the same way? Popcorn? Egreat? Measy?  Which one of these Manufacturers have a built in Wifi?

TIA

Popcorn Hour and Egreat are also capable of your requirement... Though if youre playing 1080p material i suggest you use wired connection... Playing 1080p via wifi is Flaky..
Walang Setup

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2012 at 04:24 AM »
Popcorn Hour and Egreat are also capable of your requirement... Though if youre playing 1080p material i suggest you use wired connection... Playing 1080p via wifi is Flaky..

Now this i did not consider..napaisip moko sir ah, is there an explanation why?  I'm totally oblivious that it could be an issue because i though wifi and wired would function the same way, does speed have anything to do with it?

Thanks!
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2012 at 06:55 AM »
Now this i did not consider..napaisip moko sir ah, is there an explanation why?  I'm totally oblivious that it could be an issue because i though wifi and wired would function the same way, does speed have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Yes wired is still the best way to go :) you can use Popcorn Hour to use the gigabit ethernet port ;)