Author Topic: CSI VEGAS vs. CSI MIAMI vs. CSI NEW YORK  (Read 33075 times)

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:CSI VEGAS vs. CSI MIAMI
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2004 at 04:36 PM »
Just hoping the casting will be topnotch. William Petersen was a sort of coup. Let's hope they don't go with some flavor-of-the-month no-talents and get someone seasoned and grizzled and capable and ,most importantly, I think, someone unfashionable, yung di na uso pero magaling ,parang si Petersen , whom no one remembers because no one remembers To Live and Die in LA and Manhunter. Ya know, keeping with tradition of the show ba. I'm sure Bruckheimer can dig up someone. Lance Hendriksen's been out of good work since the excellent Millennium folded. :)
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2004 at 04:40 PM by X44 »

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2004 at 04:49 PM »
Petersen inhabits the Grissom character to the point of inseparability. Can't believe he's the same guy in Manhunter. That's him, right?

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2004 at 04:55 PM »
One and only.

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2004 at 05:04 PM »
One and only.

Yup, that's him.. the file wherein Hannibal Lecter was on film for the first time right?

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 01:51 AM »
hmm, just watched this week's CSI on AXN and Grissom is actually firing his weapon and is a great shot. He grows a beard and suddenl he's all studly?!

I miss my geeky grissom.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:48 AM »
I heard that William Petersen will quit CSI after his contract with CBS expires. I think he got p***ed off with his producers 'cloning' the original CSI.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #36 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:55 AM »
I heard that William Petersen will quit CSI after his contract with CBS expires. I think he got p***ed off with his producers 'cloning' the original CSI.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, sayang naman.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #37 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 12:31 PM »
vegas pa rin

marg!!!!

Offline Bodacious Cowboy

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 05:31 PM »
I prefer CSI LV.  The characters explain the science better, there's more character depth.  

Have they shown that episode where the CSI miami guys go to NY?  I didn't see it.  

Petersen is also one of the producers of CSI LV.  Is he pissed off because CSI Miami will compete with CSI LV?

"Manhunter" was the original "Red Dragon".  According to the reviews, the former is better than the latter.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #39 on: Mar 09, 2004 at 11:01 PM »
Just hoping the casting (of CSI: New York) will be topnotch.

It doesn't get much better than this:

From The Futon Critic:

C.S.I.: NEW YORK (CBS) - Gary Sinise ("Forrest Gump") is in early talks to topline the next installment on the "C.S.I." franchise. The actor reportedly had been in on-again, off-again discussions with the show's producers over the past several weeks and it wasn't until late last week that the negotiations became more formalized. The producers and CBS are under the gun to cast the spin-off as production is set to begin shortly on the second-to-last episode of "C.S.I.: Miami" this season, in which said "New York" cast members will be introduced.

=====

Just when I thought they could never get me to sit through another spin-off, they go and do something like this!  8)
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2004 at 11:03 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 10, 2004 at 09:09 PM »
Just when I thought they could never get me to sit through another spin-off, they go and do something like this!  8)

Yeah. Ditto! ;D

Am watching CSI on AXN now....What's with Grissom? Bring back my geek!!!! I wonder what type of a CSI Gary Sinise would be.....(Grissom: was-geek, Horacio: is-boring  ;D )
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2004 at 09:10 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 11, 2004 at 02:56 AM »
Yeah. Ditto! ;D

Am watching CSI on AXN now....What's with Grissom? Bring back my geek!!!! I wonder what type of a CSI Gary Sinise would be.....(Grissom: was-geek, Horacio: is-boring  ;D )

gary sinise: lots-of-long-pauses-with-his-brow-up-in-knots  ::)

honestly tho... i've always like the mans work. he's never really been in the hollywood a-list crowd but he does have a talent in choosing good projects.  ;D

i loooved todays episode today tho.... i was laughing hysterically at the PAF CON portion... yiffing? mwa ha ha ha!  ::)

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Mar 11, 2004 at 05:42 PM »
cool, gary.. he's a very versatile actor.. loved him in forrest gump and apollo 13 as well as him being a villain in Ransom

Offline zerone_null

• Apprentice
  • read between the lines.
  • Liked:
Re: CSI VEGAS vs. CSI MIAMI
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2004 at 08:56 AM »
anyone else in here got a problem with CSI straining too much emphasis on the word "EVIDENCE"
can't they just be casual about it?  Why do they have to try too hard when saying "the evidence will tell the truth" or "the evidence will tell us" or "the evidence doesn't lie"... don't take me wrong, i love CSI, i just hate how the "bad actors" in them comes up whenever they do the evidence thing.. oh well..  ::)

~~~spfft.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2004 at 08:37 PM »
This monday on "CSI Miami", Caine and his team travel to New York to investigate a lead in one of their cases. There, they meet up with the CSI team from New York, headed by Academy Award winner Gary Sinise and Melina Kanekaredes. I mo watch dat, yo! :D

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2004 at 11:10 AM »
just watched CSI: Miami...  buti na lang nakita ng wife ko yung commercial and she mentioned that Gary Sinise and the NY guys would be on tonight's episode (because i've never really watched CSI: Miami regularly)...   Overall, it was a good episode...  less on the DNA and scientific mumbo jumbo, more on old fashioned detective work...  i have yet to from an opinion regarding the CSI: NY supporting cast, as we were just given glimpses of the background characters, but they seem ok (except yung girl na laging naka-nguso...hehehe)...  noticed also that the NY setting has a bluish tint, as opposed to the orange-y tint of Miami...  wonder what Who tune would be used as the theme for CSI: NY?   
The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 03:50 AM »
add .. CSI NY to the list.. Gary Sinese is aok

However TV ratings show that last weeks Fall Season Premier... CSI vegas still wins (an that is an overall standing againg not only CBS shows.. but against other networl channels)
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 11:08 PM »
ipinalabas na ba dito un? im interested din dyan sa csi ny.. magandan din naman ang csi miami and vegas.. halos pareho lang naman silang dalawa

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #48 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 11:49 PM »
I've watched CSI NY and it's ok. Sinese is a bit obsessive & haunted character.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 03, 2004 at 07:52 AM »
Watched  a couple of episodes of CSI NY....I love Gary Sinise but I think I'm getting tired of this whole CSI thing as it presents nothing new, except that the characters are always changing. There's just too much CSI on TV. :-\

What's noticeably different with CSI NY is the doctor - he's young, he's fit & he's black. If it were another show, you can probably cast him as a love interest or a tough cop. Other than that.....nothing is different.  And I'm not convinced with Eddie Cahill as a cop. So young looking, parang walang experience as a police.

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 10:55 AM »
Have watched 4 episodes of CSI New York and, compared to CSI Las Vegas and CSI Miami, IMO it's not that great. :(

I like the characters of Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes and Hill Harper but the other characters, especially that of Vanessa Ferlito, are bland and one-dimensional. However, since the show is only on its fifth or sixth episode, plenty of room for development pa naman.

Anyone here watching the fifth season of CSI Las Vegas? I'm on the fence: the characterizations are better but the cases...well I find them dull and uninspired. Some are even predictable (like the latest episode What's Eating Gilbert Grissom). :(

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: CSI VEGAS vs. CSI MIAMI vs. CSI NEW YORK
« Reply #51 on: Jan 26, 2005 at 09:14 AM »
A few months ago, I read that there's going to be two other CSI franchises in the next 4 years:  CSI NEW ORLEANS and one other unnamed city. I dunno if true but, could this be the unnamed city?:

That's CSI - Olongapo.

;D

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #52 on: Jan 26, 2005 at 01:13 PM »
ipinalabas na ba dito un? im interested din dyan sa csi ny.. magandan din naman ang csi miami and vegas.. halos pareho lang naman silang dalawa

CSI: NY will be shown on AXN starting April.
5th season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will premiere on AXN this February 16.

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Mar 23, 2005 at 01:33 PM »
Yeah. Ditto! ;D

Am watching CSI on AXN now....What's with Grissom? Bring back my geek!!!! I wonder what type of a CSI Gary Sinise would be.....(Grissom: was-geek, Horacio: is-boring ;D )

Kinda mixed up with regards to loyalties...mas may dating si Grissom kay Crane (mainly 'coz Grissom reminds me of my late dad) pero mas maraming eye-candy ang CSI:Miami

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 12:49 AM »
CBS has indeed announced that CSI: New York is already in the making.

CSI Las Vegas has better character development and character interactions (Catherine's family and her relationshiop to Sam Brown, the Grissom-Sanders exchanges, the Warrick-Nick-Sidle patalbugan, Brass and his daughter, Nick and the hooker, Warrick's gambling and its effects). All the members of the team (even Sanders and the coroner)are not just accessories for Grissom, unlike in CSI Miami where only Horatio Caine seems to be the center of the universe.

Grissom let his team handle cases on their own but still supervises them. Horatio is always in every crime scene, in every procedure, in avery arrests.

love gary dourdan, love his eyes... even in dreadlocks (check out janet jacksons' video "Again")

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 11:20 AM »
What's with AXN? They've been busy hyping CSI's 100th epsiode that they didn't even air the 99th episode--I think they also skipped one episode this season (ep.3).  >:(

Episode 99 had important developments that sets up the rivalry among Gil & Catherine, as everyone splits into two teams, one for each shift.

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 02:34 PM »
just watched CSI: Miami... buti na lang nakita ng wife ko yung commercial and she mentioned that Gary Sinise and the NY guys would be on tonight's episode (because i've never really watched CSI: Miami regularly)... Overall, it was a good episode... less on the DNA and scientific mumbo jumbo, more on old fashioned detective work... i have yet to from an opinion regarding the CSI: NY supporting cast, as we were just given glimpses of the background characters, but they seem ok (except yung girl na laging naka-nguso...hehehe)... noticed also that the NY setting has a bluish tint, as opposed to the orange-y tint of Miami... wonder what Who tune would be used as the theme for CSI: NY?

Oo nga....parang naging NYPD Blue ang dating (predominantly grey ang Big Apple)....got to catch the CSI Miami-NY crossover eppy on WOWOW. 

I think they'll be using "Baba O'Riley" for the opening/closing credits of CSI:NY

".....Teenage Wasteland...."

Offline boyethampi

• Apprentice
  • Make my Day!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 03:37 PM »
Tonite at AXN (9 pm)  ang 1st episode ng CSI-NY.  Will they show the CSI miami-NY crossover episode?

???

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
Will they show the CSI miami-NY crossover episode?

No. They already aired that during CSI: Miami's regular run.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2005 at 03:45 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 06:27 PM »
I thought the pilot for NY was a bit slow. And that 'not-coming out' thing was a bit huh? Then again, maybe I was too enamored of Kenneth Branagh at the Royals' church blessing on CNN to pay close attention to the case --- I was anxiously hoping they would focus on him again but I got a lot of Rowan Atkinson instead, drat.

Anyway, I was able to watch three other eps over the weekend and I enjoyed them immensely. Still dark, still gritty, but considerably faster-paced than the pilot. And yezzz, I'm in lurve with Gary Sinise right now. He's not a smug, know-it-all, Shakespeare-quoting geek nor a man who seems to take every d**n case as a personal affront to his, uh, person ;D  Don't get me wrong, I love ol' Gris but sometimes, he's just too much. And Horatio? Hate David Caruso. Here's hoping Big Mac will develop nicely.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005 at 11:58 AM by scully »
Amor Fati