Author Topic: Audio Nirvana Fullrange Speakers - Fair Price, High End SQ  (Read 640774 times)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Audio Nirvana Full Ranger ;D. It's good news Anthony is accepting FR enclosure services and repair. I like the curve enclosure design of the Anthony's Genesis modify it in DBR. Magkano kaya? ::)
Kung tumataggap na siya ng FR enclosure 2.8 MK2 DBR or DBR ng Fostex 207E cabinet plan in piano finish maganda yan.  Siguro pag piano finish P8 - 10K. ;D
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline snobol68

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Addict
  • "World of surround sounds"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
WOW! andito na pala maestro Mon yung box. Got the same speakers with brader mon, and all I can say is WOW! :oFullrange had a bass. Meron syang gapang! Factor siguro nakatulong yung box design DBR plus yung acoustic sa loob, balance yung tunog ng mid, high and lows walang sapawan. This is my preference LIKE it and LOVED it! :D :D :D

Note: not yet fully break in 3hours a day lang kasi gamit, but now using it overnight for about 6to 8 hours, puyatan ba.
"Great movies and sounds will depend on personal perspective...."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
WOW! andito na pala maestro Mon yung box. Got the same speakers with brader mon, and all I can say is WOW! :oFullrange had a bass. Meron syang gapang! Factor siguro nakatulong yung box design DBR plus yung acoustic sa loob, balance yung tunog ng mid, high and lows walang sapawan. This is my preference LIKE it and LOVED it! :D :D :D

Note: not yet fully break in 3hours a day lang kasi gamit, but now using it overnight for about 6to 8 hours, puyatan ba.
Addict! ;D Btw, Mon na lang ayaw ko tawagin ako maestro.  Isa lang maestro ko, my creator. ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
One thing I love with Audio Nirvana, it loves low power but good quality amp. It loves uncomplicated cables, as long as it is a good quality copper, will work fine. It doesn't need a subwoofer if your cabinet is properly made and compatible. The only problem with this is, it affects my time management.  It's like it became a part of my system that I feel incomplete without listening to these speakers.  I already sold my old Audio Nirvana hoping that I'll be contented with a new brand.  But I was wrong, and return to Audio Nirvana Fullrange.  It is like a lady with an ooozing sex appeal that I love to see everyday. ;D

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I created this thread to help audio nirvana potential users to build their own AN fullrange properly and avoid failure or dissatisfaction.  I read some forum who failed doing the cabinet properly and end up selling their AN.  They just don't know how to make this speaker sound good.  So, I volunteer myself to share my experience with this fullrange in order for you to avoid such failures or dissatisfaction.  I don't get anything from the supplier.  I just want people to enjoy pure natural music.  Speakers are the window of soul in music.  Having a good speakers will take us to a level where artists or musicians wanted us to hear and feel.  A feeling of "Audio Nirvana." ;)

Offline snobol68

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Addict
  • "World of surround sounds"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
I created this thread to help audio nirvana potential users to build their own AN fullrange properly and avoid failure or dissatisfaction.  I read some forum who failed doing the cabinet properly and end up selling their AN.  They just don't know how to make this speaker sound good.  So, I volunteer myself to share my experience with this fullrange in order for you to avoid such failures or dissatisfaction.  I don't get anything from the supplier.  I just want people to enjoy pure natural music.  Speakers are the window of soul in music.  Having a good speakers will take us to a level where artists or musicians wanted us to hear and feel.  A feeling of "Audio Nirvana." ;)

very well said, :D proper matching lang talaga to get the full potential of your gears. Sometimes the cheap ones are the better ones, the simpler the better, basta alam mo kung ano preference mo. First time audio setup ko, nakachamba lang at nakilala ko si Mon. Dont hesitate to ask Mon, he will advised you to your audio journey. Good Luck.
"Great movies and sounds will depend on personal perspective...."

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Sir Monreq,

Paano kaya kung iyung speaker box iyung parang kay Allan. Maganda rin kaya itutunog ng AN standard 8?
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM by rascal101 »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Sir Monreq,

Paano kaya kung iyung speaker box iyung parang kay Allan. Maganda rin kaya itutunog ng AN standard 8?
Yung kay Allen ba bro?  Walang problema.  AN loves bigger cabinets basta tama ang damping.  Pero di siya ang practical na gawin.  Kaya nga papalitan ko iyong speaker cabinet ni Allen.  Gagawin ko 2.8MK2 DBR para di siya mahirapan magbuhat. 
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM by monreq »

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
May AN standard 8 na rin ba si Allan?

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
May AN standard 8 na rin ba si Allan?
Wala bro.  Kuntento na yon sa Super 8.  Maayos naman pagkakagawa noong speaker na yon.  Malaki lang talga kasi iyong original na 5.6cu.ft.cabinet niya.

Eto iyong kuha namin video after the Ondoy.  Iyong cabinet na Ondoy kasi iyong speaker driver nasa Cavite pa.  Buti na lang at di ko pa naikabit bago mag Ondoy.

Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4H0arvtSjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqGOFpNLnrs

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
The specs of the speaker itself is quite impressive. 95dB+ sensitivity, probably around 98dB++ with the enclosure. It can be run by a 3.5watter SE Tube amplifier!
A real Audio Kurt Cobain!!!!!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
The specs of the speaker itself is quite impressive. 95dB+ sensitivity, probably around 98dB++ with the enclosure. It can be run by a 3.5watter SE Tube amplifier!
A real Audio Kurt Cobain!!!!!

;)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
SQ Test after 90 hours breaking in period of speakers.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph66OEszhBA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for watching. ;)

Offline kapitan88

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
amen to this.  Personally auditioned his rig, and maganda talaga pakinggan.  NOt an expert, pero after listening from his setup, na realize ko ang kakulangan sa set ko, kaya back to research again.

One thing I love with Audio Nirvana, it loves low power but good quality amp. It loves uncomplicated cables, as long as it is a good quality copper, will work fine. It doesn't need a subwoofer if your cabinet is properly made and compatible. The only problem with this is, it affects my time management.  It's like it became a part of my system that I feel incomplete without listening to these speakers.  I already sold my old Audio Nirvana hoping that I'll be contented with a new brand.  But I was wrong, and return to Audio Nirvana Fullrange.  It is like a lady with an ooozing sex appeal that I love to see everyday. ;D

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I created this thread to help audio nirvana potential users to build their own AN fullrange properly and avoid failure or dissatisfaction.  I read some forum who failed doing the cabinet properly and end up selling their AN.  They just don't know how to make this speaker sound good.  So, I volunteer myself to share my experience with this fullrange in order for you to avoid such failures or dissatisfaction.  I don't get anything from the supplier.  I just want people to enjoy pure natural music.  Speakers are the window of soul in music.  Having a good speakers will take us to a level where artists or musicians wanted us to hear and feel.  A feeling of "Audio Nirvana." ;)
Well explained the feeling of Audio Nirvana. Konteng ayos na lang ng damping sa Voight enclosure ko and it will be perfect. Next project will be the 2.8 MKII but in curve design just like the Anthony's Genesis FS. The curve enclosure will give you more depth. ;D ;D Ayan Mon ni reseach ko yan. ;D I will email David if he can customize me a Super 8 Alnico without the phase plug just like the standard 8. ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 07:32 AM by sound garden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Well explained the feeling of Audio Nirvana. Konteng ayos na lang ng damping sa Voight enclosure ko and it will be perfect. Next project will be the 2.8 MKII but in curve design just like the Anthony's Genesis FS. The curve enclosure will give you more depth. ;D ;D Ayan Mon ni reseach ko yan. ;D I will email David if he can customize me a Super 8 Alnico without the phase plug just like the standard 8. ;D
I already heard the Genesis in piano finish with its curve design to add some depth.  It will help a little but still depends on your driver.  If that's your preference, so be it.  As for me, with or without curve on speaker cabinet, AN Fullrange and Tripath TA 2020 already has a depth of its own.  It's already in their natural character and not to forget the quality of CD.  That is why most audio enthusiast prefer hi quality CD like SACD, HD Audio to get the depth even if they have simple audio system.  Though, having good quality speakers will enhance more the good quality of CD. :)

As for the AN Alnico without phase plug, if ever David will grant your request, he might also request from you additional charges for doing it. If I were you, leave it that way if you really want AN Alnico.  Or better buy Omega Alnico 8 driver. Contact Omega. :)
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 07:05 PM by monreq »

Offline ndotcom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • verbum sat sapienti est
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
Sir Joey, shipping cost: AN Standard 8 128usd + Insurance + Delivery via USPS + Custom Charges nasa mga P4k - 6K lang.  Depende kasi yan kung magkanu mo pina declare.  Ako kasi sa 100usd lang pero since dalawang pares kinuha namin nagbayad kami sa custom ng 3,700php more or less.

Sir tanong ko lang 4-6K is for 1 speaker only then pay kayo 3.7K customs fee for 2pairs? Pag dito sa amin kaya same din taxes nyan? Considering this for my next project kasi. I always do online buys mostly ebay at pag sa post office dito Antipolo dumaan 40Php lang mapa small pockets or big box signed for daw kasi kaya may fee. Di ko lang sure pag EMS. Di pa naman ako nawawalan ng items kahit matagal dumating, kilala na nga ko ng mailman :)

On another note, please PM naman po sino pinaka malapit sa area namin na pwede magparinig ANs nila. ;)

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Hays, cant stop.listening to AN's, selos na tuloy si misis! Kung malapit lang to sa manila, sarap sana mag jamming session, wla akong mka jamming session dto. Di ka ba magagawi sa cebu brader mon or brader jorge?  :'(

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Hays, cant stop.listening to AN's, selos na tuloy si misis! Kung malapit lang to sa manila, sarap sana mag jamming session, wla akong mka jamming session dto. Di ka ba magagawi sa cebu brader mon or brader jorge?  :'(
I can relate. ;D
Baka January pa o Feb. kaso from Dumaguete baka derecho Boracay.  Tagal ko ng di nakakapg one piece. ;D  Pero wag ka mag alala. Kapg madami ka ng naimpluwensiyahan diyan, may ka jamming ka na din. Ako mayroon na sa Marikina.;)
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:47 PM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
" A good audio system can sound good with or without an acoustically treated room, and will sound at its best if the room is acoustically treated."   ;)

That's why my last project will be acoustic panels, and it's a must to make my system sound at its best. :)

Btw, I wanna thank Anthony a.k.a Diy Master for constructing me the Aperiodic Cabinet design. I just put vinyl poster stickers to add character. ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:44 PM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Guys,

How much did David Dicks charge your for shipping your AN's?

thanks,

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Guys,

thanks,

nbc
depende sa speaker, sa akin kc eh mga 140usd, ewan ko lang kila mon.  ;D

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
depende sa speaker, sa akin kc eh mga 140usd, ewan ko lang kila mon.  ;D

Mukhang nasa ganun nga yung price range. Hehe.

I have decided to have mine shipped to my niece in the U.S. ($30 lang...), and then, i-uuwi na lang nila sa September when they visit. :)  I'm just wondering how big yung box nung drivers. hehe.

nbc

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012 at 07:43 PM by nbc »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
 I'm just wondering how big yung box nung drivers. hehe.

nbc

Kapag 2 pairs more or less H= 14" X W=10" X D=20". 1 pair, H=14" X W=10" X D 10" siguro. ;)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Guys,

thanks,

nbc
Usually almost 30% lang yata ng speaker price kapag 1 pair.  Kapag 2 pairs 40% yata. Kasi may insurance yan from USPS.  Iyong postal charges ang hindi maitago na nakikita ng Phil.Custom.  Kaya the best talaga ipadala mo thru balikbayan box.

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
A guy in PDVD sold his Topping TP10.  Topping TP10 has the famous tripath TA 2024.  Some guys compared it to 300B SET Tube Amp.  But for me it can only rival SET after some upgrades and if will be used with highly sensitive speakers.  I found out that it already has upgraded DC power caps. But since it has no bypass caps and some ingredients that I have, the SQ did not meet my preference.  So, I tune it up a little and here is the SQ via You Tube.  What you hear is just 85% approximately of the SQ in actual.

Here are the videos:

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttfhg1TCogM

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIndVMg-dMo

I love the TA 2024 chip when it comes to vocals.  It has natural solid bass when upgraded properly.  The TA 2020 of SMSL SA 36a and SA S1 only has more balance frequency compared to TA 2024.  But the TA 2024 really has a big midFrequency quite similar to 300B SET esp.when upgraded.

Thanks for watching. ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM by monreq »

Offline labuyo888

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
sir mon ano ang diameter ng hole in the speakers for these AN 8in drivers? i have aaudio FS, planning to relace the drivers with AN kung sakaling sakto sya sa existing na butas, thanks

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Well, my AN drivers are on their way to my niece in New York... after which, they will be sent via Johnny Air to me. :)

Time to get the enclosure done... hehe.

nbc