Author Topic: Ghosting/Crosstalk in 3D Displays  (Read 836 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Ghosting/Crosstalk in 3D Displays
« on: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:26 PM »
I have a Panasonic 50UT30 and have played quite a number of SBS material.  While others have played amazingly (IMAX Under the Sea, Megamind) there are others which have ghosting/crosstalk which can be quite bothersome.  Titles which I have observed this problem are 2012, The Final Destination, Alice in Wonderland. I have also noticed that in the titles I've mentioned, not all scenes exhibit the problem. 

Is there a way to minimise this? Is it the material, display or the eyewear's problem? Inputs are appreciated.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ghosting/Crosstalk in 3D Displays
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:53 PM »
I have a Panasonic 50UT30 and have played quite a number of SBS material.  While others have played amazingly (IMAX Under the Sea, Megamind) there are others which have ghosting/crosstalk which can be quite bothersome.  Titles which I have observed this problem are 2012, The Final Destination, Alice in Wonderland. I have also noticed that in the titles I've mentioned, not all scenes exhibit the problem.  

Is there a way to minimise this? Is it the material, display or the eyewear's problem? Inputs are appreciated.

Have you tried a full bluray iso 3D or bluray disc 3D if same issue will be encountered? I believe other say that there are crosstalks/ghosting they observe even with PJ 3D panasonic but for me so far wala ako na encounter na issue sa PJ 3010 ko.  
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:53 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 05:09 PM »
Confirmed that those 2 specific titles were actually encoded as SBS? The versions I got for those 2 particular titles are Frame Sequential. I see the video as overlapped (ghostly) images while SBS ones gives me literally 2 side by side images on my 2D TV.

Try Frame Sequential mode or even Anaglyph mode if the UT30 supports them.. Ano nga ba 3D modes selectable sa Panasonic Plasma?

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 06:04 PM »
Have you tried a full bluray iso 3D or bluray disc 3D if same issue will be encountered? I believe other say that there are crosstalks/ghosting they observe even with PJ 3D panasonic but for me so far wala ako na encounter na issue sa PJ 3010 ko.  

So far I do not have any 3D full BD ISO or BDs to test. I have read that BDs have a different way of projecting the 3D image. Hanap ako ng 3D BD to test in my PS3.  :D

Confirmed that those 2 specific titles were actually encoded as SBS? The versions I got for those 2 particular titles are Frame Sequential. I see the video as overlapped (ghostly) images while SBS ones gives me literally 2 side by side images on my 2D TV.

Try Frame Sequential mode or even Anaglyph mode if the UT30 supports them.. Ano nga ba 3D modes selectable sa Panasonic Plasma?

I do not have Frame Sequential mkvs and confirmed that all of my 3D titles are SBS.  I use XBMC to play those files and initially there Are 2 side by side identical videos shown.  Then when I press the 3D button on my TV,  these options are available: original, frame sequential 2D and 3D, Side by Side 2D and 3D, Up and Down 2D and 3D.  I usually choose the Side by Side 3D and the 2 images overlap wherein I need to now use my glasses to experience the 3D effect.