Author Topic: Bypass capacitors in the power supply  (Read 31753 times)

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: Bypass capacitors in the power supply
« Reply #120 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 09:26 PM »
Kung sitahan lang palagay ko meron at meron magkakamali at meron laging makikitang butas. Puwede ba itigil na natin ito. Tataas lang ang presyon natin at dadami ang mga puting buhok.

Sorry sa mga nasabi ko at ipagpaumainhin niyo ako kung kayo ay nasaktan.

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #121 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM »

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #122 on: Sep 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM »
well perhaps i believe, I live in the matrix. Laws of science changes when there are updates regarding the matter,

Has there been any new updates on these Laws? Or is it just wishful thinking?

by those people who are bold enough to try and bend the law.

how could they possibly do that when they cannot even properly understand the Law! how can you bend something that you do not know?

those people gets a bunch of capacitors and resistors and then connect this to that, parallel this, series that and then put that across the signal  or the power supply and see what the heck happens. then that bold one posts that and the oohhsss and the aahhhhsss follows.

is that the bold enough thing you are talking about?

change the caps with the same values but with a different brand and read issues about it I can take, but re-invent the wheel without knowing how the wheel works is unacceptable.

I have no personal grunge on anyone, but once the bending starts - it's like I just wasted my years in school. I've had my share of burning eyebrows, missing family occasions and sleepless nights studying, understanding these things and now it will just be on the hands of a bold one and just like that.

I guess what I'm saying is, how can I trust a doctor if that doctor does not even understand the specifications of a scalpel?

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #123 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 07:01 AM »

I-reset natin lahat at i-base na lang natin dito sa sirketo na ito. Clean slate.

Sabihin natin iyung line frequency ay 60Hz
Sabihin natin Resr=0.01ohm (cut trace then dagdag ito kaya iyung Resr naka-series na sa C)
Sabihin natin C=10,000uF

Tanong, kung may dinagdag na R1 (sabihin natin mga 1Kohm), bibilis ba o babagal ang discharge time kumpara kung wala siya? Iyung charging time, bibilis o babagal? Iyung ripple voltage, mas maliit o mas malaki? Anong epekto ng paliit na paliit na value ng R1 in terms of discharge time, charging time at ripple voltage?

Paano kung imbes na R1 at isang C1 nilagay na 0.1uF? Anong epekto in terms of discharge time, charging time at ripple voltage? Anong epekto na palaki ng palaki sa value ng C1 in terms of discharge time, charging time at ripple voltage?
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:14 AM by rascal101 »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:21 AM »

Has there been any new updates on these Laws? Or is it just wishful thinking?

how could they possibly do that when they cannot even properly understand the Law! how can you bend something that you do not know?

those people gets a bunch of capacitors and resistors and then connect this to that, parallel this, series that and then put that across the signal  or the power supply and see what the heck happens. then that bold one posts that and the oohhsss and the aahhhhsss follows.

is that the bold enough thing you are talking about?

change the caps with the same values but with a different brand and read issues about it I can take, but re-invent the wheel without knowing how the wheel works is unacceptable.

I have no personal grunge on anyone, but once the bending starts - it's like I just wasted my years in school. I've had my share of burning eyebrows, missing family occasions and sleepless nights studying, understanding these things and now it will just be on the hands of a bold one and just like that.

I guess what I'm saying is, how can I trust a doctor if that doctor does not even understand the specifications of a scalpel?
  i do agree with what you said jojod, but when henry ford bellieved that a v8 engine can be made, no one believed him, but it was done, when the wright brothers said man can fly, people laugh at them, saying it cannot be done, when marconi discovered ether, or say signals, he was sent to a mental hospital and every people especially the ones who burned their eyebrows studying said it was impossible. All i was saying is that if we always follow the rules, we will just be ending doing the same thing again again, and i guess it is a lot worst to expect a different result if you keep on doing the same thing. All i was talking about are polyprops and oil caps that i have tried, ive also tried series but i dont advocate it.  just like what i said jojod, post something that you have tried, and post your impression,if you were not able to even put a bypass cap on any of your work then perhaps arguing with someone who have tried it is alot worst. Basing all your answers on the book and someones post for me is insignificant. I would rather have you say " i have tried it but i dont like it because. . . . ."  at least its more significant than not trying it at all.or just tell me what bypass caps have you tried and lets start again from there. Simple lang naman ang gusto ng TS, makakatulong ba sa psu ang bypass caps or hindi? Pero ang pangit yata kung sasabihin mong hindi kung di mo pa natry. I rest my case. But before anything, i would just like to say that i RESPECT YOU, TONYT, RASCAL, MARCKRENZ. AND I LOVE ALL YOUR WORK.
dapat kasi di na lang ako nagpost ng impression ko, kasi di naman ako engineer. Hobbyist lang po.  Pasensya na if ever may na offend sa impression ko or sa kahit anong sinabi ko, tao lang po,

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #125 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:11 AM »

Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:29 AM »
  i do agree with what you said jojod, but when henry ford bellieved that a v8 engine can be made, no one believed him, but it was done, when the wright brothers said man can fly, people laugh at them, saying it cannot be done, when marconi discovered ether, or say signals, he was sent to a mental hospital and every people especially the ones who burned their eyebrows studying said it was impossible.

are you sure about your history? I'll leave it at that. It is utterly useless to argue otherwise.

All i was saying is that if we always follow the rules, we will just be ending doing the same thing again again, and i guess it is a lot worst to expect a different result if you keep on doing the same thing.

being able to quantify the end result and ending up having it the same over and over again and making sure it can be replicated over and over again is what makes it an exact Science. even when you do new things you still need to do it over and over again to verify your results.

doing it on one t-amp is luck, on two it's a coincidence, on three it's an accident... you need a thousand. then explain all that by using the language of Math.

but then again, I'll leave it at that. It is utterly useless to argue otherwise.

All i was talking about are polyprops and oil caps that i have tried, ive also tried series but i dont advocate it.  just like what i said jojod, post something that you have tried, and post your impression,if you were not able to even put a bypass cap on any of your work then perhaps arguing with someone who have tried it is alot worst. Basing all your answers on the book and someones post for me is insignificant. I would rather have you say " i have tried it but i dont like it because. . . . ."  at least its more significant than not trying it at all.or just tell me what bypass caps have you tried and lets start again from there.

me? of all the people?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simple lang naman ang gusto ng TS, makakatulong ba sa psu ang bypass caps or hindi? Pero ang pangit yata kung sasabihin mong hindi kung di mo pa natry. I rest my case.

ako ang tinatanong mo kung hindi ko pa natry? naman...

oh well... sige...

ang natry ko pa lang yun within reason...

But before anything, i would just like to say that i RESPECT YOU, TONYT, RASCAL, MARCKRENZ. AND I LOVE ALL YOUR WORK.

Respectfully yours too, though I don't speak for the others...

dapat kasi di na lang ako nagpost ng impression ko, kasi di naman ako engineer. Hobbyist lang po.  Pasensya na if ever may na offend sa impression ko or sa kahit anong sinabi ko, tao lang po,

it's a free country, free world, free your mind thing nga diba... it's not about being a hobbyist or not, what's bothering me is for you to advocate the "bending" of the rules when the rules aren't properly understood.

well gentlemen, I've said my mind and it may or may not be understood but so be it.

time, like most things, is finite (based on space-time continuum) and I'm beginning to wonder why I'm spending too much here.... unless you guys have invented a time machine?

goodbye and good luck on your endeavors... oh, there is no spoon

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:31 AM »

LOL... so that's what they do when they're not soldered on the circuit board! ;D

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM »
if you were not able to even put a bypass cap on any of your work then perhaps arguing with someone who have tried it is alot worst.

i have done this bypassing business more than 20 years ago, when that was in fashion then.....but now i have seen the inutility  of it......putting bypass caps just anywhere is tantamount to mental musturbation..... :D

have a look here..... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/106648-paralleling-film-caps-electrolytic-caps.html

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/65870-paralleling-small-value-caps-large-value-ps-caps.html
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM »

are you sure about your history? I'll leave it at that. It is utterly useless to argue otherwise.

being able to quantify the end result and ending up having it the same over and over again and making sure it can be replicated over and over again is what makes it an exact Science. even when you do new things you still need to do it over and over again to verify your results.

doing it on one t-amp is luck, on two it's a coincidence, on three it's an accident... you need a thousand. then explain all that by using the language of Math.

but then again, I'll leave it at that. It is utterly useless to argue otherwise.

me? of all the people?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ako ang tinatanong mo kung hindi ko pa natry? naman...

oh well... sige...

ang natry ko pa lang yun within reason...

Respectfully yours too, though I don't speak for the others...

it's a free country, free world, free your mind thing nga diba... it's not about being a hobbyist or not, what's bothering me is for you to advocate the "bending" of the rules when the rules aren't properly understood.

well gentlemen, I've said my mind and it may or may not be understood but so be it.

time, like most things, is finite (based on space-time continuum) and I'm beginning to wonder why I'm spending too much here.... unless you guys have invented a time machine?

goodbye and good luck on your endeavors... oh, there is no spoon
simple lang nito di ba? natry mo ba? kung Oo bakit di mo sabihin experience mo? anong narinig mo, kung meron man, kung wala, sabihin mo na wala! naman! simple lang di ba? kaso sa buong thread eh wala ka naman sinabing experience mo. yun ang hinahanap ng isang tangang kagaya ko sa isang gumagawa ng amplifier kagaya mo. paikot ikot tayo. buti pa si TonyT, sinabi nya na natry nya at sinabi nya na di na sya kumportable na gamitin ito ngayon. I respect that statement a lot... at malamang kung naexplain pa nya ng mas malayo layo, eh malamang di na ako muli pang mag ba bypass.

sorry talaga mga braders, kung napainit ko man ang ulo nyo, I'm a nobody in pinoydvd world and im sorry if I offended anyone, Im just posting what I experienced and I guess its not breaking any law, especially sinabi ko at my first post that i dont have technical background and this stuff depends on my taste/preference.

PEACE!!!!  ;D

I guess di counted ang experience dito. kasi kailangan pa ng thousands ng experiments para mavalidate, thats why I salute rascal, madami man syang mali, eh di sya natatakot magkamali. fortune favors the brave.

time machine?  makapag time travel nga muna!
 ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM »

I like this better!  ;D

thanks markcrenz!!! you made my day bro!!! malamang kopyahin ko yan!!! hehehe!!!

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM »
naka move forward na ang mga diy communities sa ibang forums......time for PDVD'ers to move on.... ;)

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 01:15 PM »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 04:38 PM »
simple lang nito di ba? natry mo ba? kung Oo bakit di mo sabihin experience mo? anong narinig mo, kung meron man, kung wala, sabihin mo na wala! naman! simple lang di ba? kaso sa buong thread eh wala ka naman sinabing experience mo. yun ang hinahanap ng isang tangang kagaya ko sa isang gumagawa ng amplifier kagaya mo. paikot ikot tayo. buti pa si TonyT, sinabi nya na natry nya at sinabi nya na di na sya kumportable na gamitin ito ngayon. I respect that statement a lot... at malamang kung naexplain pa nya ng mas malayo layo, eh malamang di na ako muli pang mag ba bypass.

sorry talaga mga braders, kung napainit ko man ang ulo nyo, I'm a nobody in pinoydvd world and im sorry if I offended anyone, Im just posting what I experienced and I guess its not breaking any law, especially sinabi ko at my first post that i dont have technical background and this stuff depends on my taste/preference.

PEACE!!!!  ;D

I guess di counted ang experience dito. kasi kailangan pa ng thousands ng experiments para mavalidate, thats why I salute rascal, madami man syang mali, eh di sya natatakot magkamali. fortune favors the brave.

time machine?  makapag time travel nga muna!
 ;D

ay ganun ba? pasensiya ka na hindi ko alam na yun ang hinahanap ng isang kagaya mo... akala ko kasi mas malalim pa dun ang pinaguusapan natin, gusto mo lang pala malaman ang experience ko...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

steady lang naman ako dito ah? sinabi na nga wala, pinipilit niyo meron meron meron. sino paikot ikot?

anyway, since yun experience ni Tony na ang susundin mo (pag naexplain niya ng malayo layo), hindi ko na explain ang experience ko ha, baka makagulo pa sa iyo eh... antayin mo na lang pag naexplain pa niya ng malayo layo...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 07:32 PM »

ay ganun ba? pasensiya ka na hindi ko alam na yun ang hinahanap ng isang kagaya mo... akala ko kasi mas malalim pa dun ang pinaguusapan natin, gusto mo lang pala malaman ang experience ko...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

steady lang naman ako dito ah? sinabi na nga wala, pinipilit niyo meron meron meron. sino paikot ikot?

anyway, since yun experience ni Tony na ang susundin mo (pag naexplain niya ng malayo layo), hindi ko na explain ang experience ko ha, baka makagulo pa sa iyo eh... antayin mo na lang pag naexplain pa niya ng malayo layo...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
thanks bro! at least nalaman mo na ang hinahanap ko after ulitin ko ito ng tatlong beses sa thread na to. Sa wakas. Naintindihan na kita. Kailangan palang 3x ko ulitin kapag kasing genius mo ang kausap ko. Sori bro ang baba kasi ng i.q. Ko kaya di mo agad naintindihan. ;)

brader, move on na, wala ka palang mababaw na experience lahat malalim.  Move on na please. Thanks again to rascal and tonyt for sharing your experience. I truly appreciate it.

Si qguy ang may kasalanan nito! Joke lang bro! Hehehe!

« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2012 at 07:45 PM by shrek7 »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:21 PM »
thanks bro! at least nalaman mo na ang hinahanap ko after ulitin ko ito ng tatlong beses sa thread na to. Sa wakas. Naintindihan na kita. Kailangan palang 3x ko ulitin kapag kasing genius mo ang kausap ko. Sori bro ang baba kasi ng i.q. Ko kaya di mo agad naintindihan. ;)

brader, move on na, wala ka palang mababaw na experience lahat malalim.  Move on na please. Thanks again to rascal and tonyt for sharing your experience. I truly appreciate it.

Oo nga eh, pasensiya na now ko lang nagets ang intentions mo. Sorry ha ganda kasi ng pagkakalatag mo. Bilangin mo ulit bago ka mag move on baka nagkamali ka? Sabagay may edit button naman.  ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:54 PM »
Oo nga eh, pasensiya na now ko lang nagets ang intentions mo. Sorry ha ganda kasi ng pagkakalatag mo. Bilangin mo ulit bago ka mag move on baka nagkamali ka? Sabagay may edit button naman.  ;D
bro, reply 100, 124 and 130. Please move on. . .
I still respect you and your work bro. Sorry if I have offended you. I wish you much more success and happiness. Goodnight and godbless.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:04 PM by shrek7 »

Offline markcrenz

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:58 PM »

sharing na lang tayo. eto experience ko, not necessarily bypass caps but somehow related. yung metal screws sa chassis ng pioneer dolby prologic receiver ko pinalitan ko ng copper screws hoping for sound improvement. aba meron nga! share ko lang to walang kokontra. :P

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:14 PM »
sharing na lang tayo. eto experience ko, not necessarily bypass caps but somehow related. yung metal screws sa chassis ng pioneer dolby prologic receiver ko pinalitan ko ng copper screws hoping for sound improvement. aba meron nga! share ko lang to walang kokontra. :P
mai try nga.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:29 PM »
bro, reply 100, 124 and 130. Please move on. . .
I still respect you and your work bro. Sorry if I have offended you. I wish you much more success and happiness. Goodnight and godbless.

Pasensiya na di ko talaga nagets sa 100 at 124, pero sa 130 mo natumbok...
Likewise, same to you.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 09:30 PM »

saan nakakabili ng copper screws? meron ba sa To Suy?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #142 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM »

Yan ba yun bagong SMPS na ginagawa mo?  ;D

Offline markcrenz

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 01:16 AM »
Yan ba yun bagong SMPS na ginagawa mo?  ;D
LED driver with Rifa oil cap for bypass. it's so warm and open! ;D ;D ;D

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #144 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 06:33 AM »
Innocent until proven guilty  ;D

Ayoko na mag tanong, may isa pa akong tanong kasi I will keep it na lang for myself ..

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:09 AM »
yung pioneer sx1025 hinid gumamit ng bypass sa main filter caps, pero gumamit ng 3.3k bleeders, yung rectifiers nya ang nilagyan ng shunt caps.....
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:41 AM by TonyT »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:12 AM »

meron akong kaibigan, mas gumaganda ang tunog ng gears nya pag umiinom sya ng beer habang nakikinig, mind you, hindi basta beer, kailangan samiguel pale pilsen...... ;D

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:27 AM »
Thats correct, No bypass caps on the mail filter caps, Did not notice any bleeder resistors...I guess because I was not looking for it..

yung pioneer sx1025 hinid gumamit ng bypass sa main filter caps, pero gumamit ng 3.3k beeders, yung rectifiers nya ang nilagyan ng shunt caps.....

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:30 AM »
Here we go again...

seryosong question ito..

Why is it that on some components, I see copper screws (i am assumung its copper based on color) on sensitive areas, like FM boards etc ?

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Sep 18, 2012 at 07:36 AM »
Thats correct, No bypass caps on the mail filter caps, Did not notice any bleeder resistors...I guess because I was not looking for it..

nasa schematic yung bleeders, sa rectifier board located...