Author Topic: In-ceiling speaker installation  (Read 408 times)

Offline Alfie707

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
In-ceiling speaker installation
« on: Sep 17, 2012 at 02:31 PM »
Gentlemen,

I'm in the process of installing a ceiling speaker system in my house. 
Recently, I purchased 6 Polk Audio in-ceiling speakers for 3 zones.
In each of the three zones, I plan to include volume control knob switches and have already done the wiring for each zone. 

I was advised by an audio equipment re-seller that I need to install main match transformers in each of the speakers that can accommodate a 100 Volt line amplifier that feeds to the volume control switches. This will eventually eliminate the risk of burning the volume control and the main amp.  (safety, in other words)

Another shop suggested purchasing a 7.1 receiver/amp that has Wi-Fi control and volume controls in each zone though I will need to re-wire the set-up thus wasting some money in the process. 

My question, can this affect the sound quality of the speakers and employing an amp that can has a capacity of 100 volts really necessary?  Or do you think re-wiring would be a better solution?

Need your thoughts in this, thanks so much!

Angelo

Offline renton

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: In-ceiling speaker installation
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 02:41 PM »
Interested in this thread too.

Im just looking at 4 speakers for a retail shop, but the amp that I will reuse is a NAD 326 which only has two speaker outs.

Im looking at the Polk too and also heard the Paradigm.

Would like to see the replies.  :)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: In-ceiling speaker installation
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:37 PM »
You can send me the layout and I can do an audio design for your in-ceiling requirement. :)