Author Topic: The Holy Bible In Our Christian Life  (Read 43170 times)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
The Holy Bible In Our Christian Life
« on: Sep 21, 2012 at 08:04 PM »
I've created this thread to isolate christians from the religion thread. I hope non-christians would respect this thread. We've had enough arguments and talks na sa religion thread. Sa bible interpretations pa lang ang dami nang versions pero i strongly believe that if we interpret the Bible in God's light, we could all agree. ;D I also would prefer that we talk of applications in our christian life/walk with reference sa Bible teachings and instructions.

Allow me to start.

Contentment. How can we define contentment ? Are you contented with your life? May kulang ba? How does your aspirations and intentions affect your christian walk?

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
Re: The Holy Bible In Our Christian Life
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 08:24 PM »
Thanks for creating this thread. Sometimes we don't understand why not so good things happen to us. Trials are so hard to take, but we have to keep our faith. Sometimes it easy for me to say but I know its so hard. We just have to talk to friends, read the Bible and have Bible studies with others. God bless you all.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 08:32 PM »
Thanks for creating this thread. Sometimes we don't understand why not so good things happen to us. Trials are so hard to take, but we have to keep our faith. Sometimes it easy for me to say but I know its so hard. We just have to talk to friends, read the Bible and have Bible studies with others. God bless you all.

I agree with you. Sometimes it also helps to think of trails as a test of our faith. And sometimes, i tend to smile because whenever i pray, i thank God for the trials because it also reminds us to be dependent in Him alone. With our busy lives, madalas nakakalimutan natin Siya. but then again, trials are also a way of reminding us that there is always God whom we can forever lean on to.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM »
Allow me to start.

Contentment. How can we define contentment ? Are you contented with your life? May kulang ba? How does your aspirations and intentions affect your christian walk?

Paul wrote:

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:12-13)

You will see here that contentment does not come naturally to a person.  It is something that must be learned.  And you can do it through Him who gives you strength.

But it does not mean that it's OK to be lazy, since the bible also admonishes the lazy person:

The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work. (Prov. 21:25)

Therefore, be content and do not worry, because God will provide:

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (Mt. 6:25-27)

Does it mean that it's OK to be lazy since God will provide anyway, just as He provides birds with food?

Of course not.  Yes, the Father feeds the birds, yet birds must still work for their food.  You don't see food falling from heaven and falling into a lazy bird's mouth, do you?   ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM by barrister »

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM »
Nice :)

Bookmark ko lang :)

Offline TinkerTailor

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
It might be trite, but I always find calm when I read Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
The last sentence always gives me goosebumps because it makes me reflect on my life- the past, the present, and the future.

And of course Psalm 91

There's this translation into tagalog which imo is somewhat manipulated in order to cater to a soldier's sentiments; but few sights are more moving than a huddle of men in camouflage with all their battlefield gear, in the dark of the night or in the dim light of dawn, solemnly praying the psalm.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012 at 09:38 AM by bongkadi »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 09:42 AM »

And of course Psalm 91

There's this translation into tagalog which imo is somewhat manipulated in order to cater to a soldier's sentiments; but few sights are more moving than a huddle of men in camouflage with all their battlefield gear, in the dark of the night or in the dim light of dawn, solemnly praying the psalm.

For some reason i have always felt at ease whenever i read psalm 91.  As a matter of fact, the first time i lived away from home and rented a condo, this was one of the first things that i did, prayed and opened the bible to psalm 91.  It just helps me sleep at night...
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 09:57 AM »

I agree with you. Sometimes it also helps to think of trails as a test of our faith. And sometimes, i tend to smile because whenever i pray, i thank God for the trials because it also reminds us to be dependent in Him alone. With our busy lives, madalas nakakalimutan natin Siya. but then again, trials are also a way of reminding us that there is always God whom we can forever lean on to.

I was talking to a priest once and we were discussing why there were so many more trials that man goes through vs. happy moments.  He tried to make me understand by making it simple, sabi niya, think of it this way, kung parating masaya baka lalo mo ma take for granted ang Diyos, kung mas madalang ang event na maganda mas naaalala mo. Kahit na siyam na bad event pa ang mangyari sunod sunod, all it takes is one happy moment out of ten events to lift your spirits again and before you know it, nakalimutan mo na yung masama and naapreciate mo lalo yung maganda.

My experience may not be as meaningful as some but whenever I go though something difficult, I remember my retreat in high school and how the priest taught me how to appreciate what God has given and has in store for us.

Of course not.  Yes, the Father feeds the birds, yet birds must still work for their food.  You don't see food falling from heaven and falling into a lazy bird's mouth, do you?   ;)

Eh di ba sabi nga God helps those who help themselves, and if I am not mistaken Sloth is a capital sin.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM »

I was talking to a priest once and we were discussing why there were so many more trials that man goes through vs. happy moments.  He tried to make me understand by making it simple, sabi niya, think of it this way, kung parating masaya baka lalo mo ma take for granted ang Diyos, kung mas madalang ang event na maganda mas naaalala mo. Kahit na siyam na bad event pa ang mangyari sunod sunod, all it takes is one happy moment out of ten events to lift your spirits again and before you know it, nakalimutan mo na yung masama and naapreciate mo lalo yung maganda.

My experience may not be as meaningful as some but whenever I go though something difficult, I remember my retreat in high school and how the priest taught me how to appreciate what God has given and has in store for us.

Eh di ba sabi nga God helps those who help themselves, and if I am not mistaken Sloth is a capital sin.

Ang alam ko, ther's no such thing as capital sin etc. In the eyes of God, same lang ang sloth, greed, gluttony etc. Walang weight. Pero may naalala ako ng certain sin na hindi unforgiveable. I forgot what that is...

Anyway, for me, there's a very thin line between lazyness and being dependent on God alone. Judgement call na ata natin dapat yun.

It's good to know that a lot of us are dependent sa Bible teachings for inspiration and wisdom. Amen to that.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 11:52 AM »
Ang alam ko, ther's no such thing as capital sin etc. In the eyes of God, same lang ang sloth, greed, gluttony etc. Walang weight.

Seven Deadly Sins yon sir.  Not biblical, of course.  Nauso yan noong Middle Ages.  They are also called Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins.

The seven deadly sins are: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride.

For the Catholics, there are two types of sin: mortal and venial.  For them, the seven deadly sins still fall under the category of either mortal or venial, depending on the surrounding circumstances. 

However, the Catholics see the seven deadly sins as starting points that lead to other sins.  That's why they also refer to them as "capital sins," because they are the "head" (from the Latin "capitalis") sins that give rise to other sins.

... Pero may naalala ako ng certain sin na hindi unforgiveable. I forgot what that is...

The Unpardonable Sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.” (Mk. 3:28-29)

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. (Mt. 12:31-32)

Of course, the big problem here now is:  What does "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" mean?  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM by barrister »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM »

Of course, the big problem here now is:  What does "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" mean?  ;)

million dollar question kumbaga.  :)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 12:50 PM »
I grew up Catholic, kaya familiar ako sa seven deady sins.

Sir Nelson, palagay ko hindi mo napanood ang movie na Se7en (1995; Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey), kaya hindi ka familiar sa sloth as one of the seven deadly sins.

It's a good movie about a police hunt for a serial killer.  Don't watch the DVD or the 1st release BD (Alliance of Canada), the PQ is terrible.  Dapat yung remastered version HD (Warner Bros. release), PQ is great and black levels are excellent (maraming dark scenes diyan).

million dollar question kumbaga.  :)

Easy lang ang sagot diyan sir.  Promise ...  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM by barrister »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM »

Sir Nelson, palagay ko hindi mo napanood ang movie na Se7en (1995; Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey), kaya hindi ka familiar sa sloth as one of the seven deadly sins.

It's a good movie about a police hunt for a serial killer.  Don't watch the DVD or the 1st release BD (Alliance of Canada), the PQ is terrible.  Dapat yung remastered version HD (Warner Bros. release), PQ is great and black levels are excellent (maraming dark scenes diyan).

Panalo ka talaga atty. may kasama pang review nung movie, pero maganda nga yan, very disturbing lang...

By all means please enlighten the interested.

Am i to assume atty that you no longer practice roman catholicism?
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
Am i to assume atty that you no longer practice roman catholicism?

No more.  I stopped going to church in the 1990s.

By all means please enlighten the interested.

I'm not sure if I should explain this, since we're in a public forum.

Do not think that we should explain to others every detail in the bible.  Sa katunayan, ang utos sa Kristiyano, bawal ibigay ang perlas sa baboy, useless na, magagalit pa sa iyo:

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. (Mt. 7:6)

Hindi ikaw yung baboy siyempre ;), pero public forum ito, e.  Maraming baboy na nagkalat ...  :D

At any rate, I suppose can give a short answer, so here goes:

It means knowingly committing a serious sin. 
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2012 at 02:46 PM by barrister »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM »

At any rate, I suppose can give a short answer, so here goes:

It means knowingly committing a serious sin.

ok, that part I understand, but shouldn't there be a definition of what is serious or what is not?  I mean, some sins are graver than others, although a sin is a sin no matter how you look at it, I can't liken "thou shall not kill" to lying right?  pasensya ng konti atty ah, Catholic kasi ako eh and I still live by the venial and mortal sin definition.  But please continue...
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 03:55 PM »

I've watched that na.  :D Di ko lang na-gets yun capital sin.  ;D

Hirap ang PJ ko sa dark scenes kasi luma na.  :D

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 04:08 PM »
I've watched that na.  :D Di ko lang na-gets yun capital sin.  ;D

Hirap ang PJ ko sa dark scenes kasi luma na.  :D

OT: upgrade na yan! Ano yung pj ni sir streetsmart? Sim2? Hehe.

PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2012 at 04:15 PM »
OT: upgrade na yan! Ano yung pj ni sir streetsmart? Sim2? Hehe.

Hindi pa kaya. May natitira pang 2 kids na pinag-aaral. Kakainis. Ayaw muna tumigilsa pag-aaral para makabili ako ng new PJ.  ;D  Yes, SIM2. para kang may plasma tv sa pader.  :)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 07:56 PM »
Just signing in mga sir :)

My definition is guided by the following, My personal guide in my walk or being content are based on 3 books in the canons mostly:

1. Ecclessiastes - this is where I know that everything I do is meaningless and temporary. In short, I SUCK.
2. Gospel of John - this is where I know about and introduced to Jesus that gives meaning to my Life then siyempre aral na pabalik, papuntang old testament etc.
3. Epistle of St. Paul to the Philippians - I think this book is somewhat enough in my walk. It teaches, I cannot do anything without Christ. Jesus died for me and the way I should conduct myself regarding others (Philippians 2) which I believe is connected with Ecclessiastes since Jesus Himself "nothing" although He is something etc.

That I believe is where contentment is, may literal nga atah sa Philippians about yan ^_^
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012 at 08:00 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 08:19 PM »
Just signing in mga sir :)

My definition is guided by the following, My personal guide in my walk or being content are based on 3 books in the canons mostly:

1. Ecclessiastes - this is where I know that everything I do is meaningless and temporary. In short, I SUCK.
2. Gospel of John - this is where I know about and introduced to Jesus that gives meaning to my Life then siyempre aral na pabalik, papuntang old testament etc.
3. Epistle of St. Paul to the Philippians - I think this book is somewhat enough in my walk. It teaches, I cannot do anything without Christ. Jesus died for me and the way I should conduct myself regarding others (Philippians 2) which I believe is connected with Ecclessiastes since Jesus Himself "nothing" although He is something etc.

That I believe is where contentment is, may literal nga atah sa Philippians about yan ^_^

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes, we get too attached sa material things especially sa hobby natin.  ;D Madalas, i forget to pray to God to thank Him for everything He has done. Sabi nga nila, if we could keep a list of the lists that we have prayed for, at the end of the year, magugulat tayo sa mga prayers granted.

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #20 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 01:17 AM »

Trials from God are meant to bring out our best. Temptations from the devil to bring out our worst.

But either way, its a character defining moment for our faith.

God bless kapatid.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 09:45 AM »
Long time no hear, sir JT.

Trials from God are meant to bring out our best.

On the same topic of trials, here's my contribution:

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  (James 1:2-4)

10 For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. (Ps. 66:10)

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM by barrister »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM »

On the same topic of trials, here's my contribution:

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  (James 1:2-4)

10 For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. (Ps. 66:10)

There are times when i feel pure joy when faced with trials especially the part where i pray and surrender my trials. pero there are also times that i feel so numb. And this is where i fail...

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 01:35 PM »

Its good to have this thread and its good to be here sir. You got things covered and I also just enjoy reading and learning from everyone's post.   

Nope because the truth is, God helps the helpless. This phrase is often mistaken for a Bible quote, but it appears nowhere in the Bible and originated from a non-believer.

I only recognize 3 capital sin:
1. The ORIGINAL SIN which is Satan's sin of PRIDE. Bible says He is the original sinner.
2. The DEADLY SIN which is Adam's sin of DISOBEDIENCE that has affected all mankind from first to the future generations.
3. The UNPARDONABLE SIN which is for those who will be sinning against the Holy Spirit by REJECTING the gospel of Christ which is salvation by God's grace
thru faith.

Consider this verse in James 2:10 (NKJV) "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.". So by rejecting God's salvation by GRACE, you have to work out your salvation by the LAW in which breaking one means breaking them all giving no chance at all of being
pardoned.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 03:41 PM »

Nope because the truth is, God helps the helpless.

I remember the message last Sunday, God does not call the equipped. He equips the called.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 03:49 PM »
i have a friend who just gave birth, unfortunately, the baby has strong indication na may down syndrome sya.

sa ganitong sitwasyon, i cant help but think/ask " ano intention ni God, trial lang for the parents pero yung bata ang kawawa? ano kasalanan nung bata if its a trial for the parents? :(
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 05:48 PM »
i have a friend who just gave birth, unfortunately, the baby has strong indication na may down syndrome sya.

sa ganitong sitwasyon, i cant help but think/ask " ano intention ni God, trial lang for the parents pero yung bata ang kawawa? ano kasalanan nung bata if its a trial for the parents? :(

Sickness and physical abnormalities are results of man's fall ... not from God. All creations has suffered from Adam's sin thats why it is truly a deadly sin.

Let me share my testimony.

Thru our office internal transfer, I'm suppose to be relocating to Sydney last year. But my 4yr old daughter whom I declared with delayed speech was diagnosed by therapist with severe authism. Thus her visa was put on hold by AU immigration unless my office will give aud44k bond. So my move there did not push thru because it was not the company policy to provide as such. What has been agreed with my company then is to wdraw the visa application and once my daughter is ok, then we will renegotiate.

One of my main intention to go Sydney is to plant church work there as I was sent by our pastor. So have I questioned God why this has happened to me? Certainly.  And the answer I got from Him ... “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?”

Not only our move to Sydney was cancelled, I've already sold my house here so I have to rent (which is currently really expensive), my kids has to change school, and I also dont have a job because I already have a replacement from my former team since Im all set to go out of Singapore.

So how did I see God moved in our midst? I dont have a job for 3 months but Im recieving salary from my office. I come to office just to check if HR got something for me.  Where can you find such arrangements, no job but with pay? I have more time for my family, for the ministry and lots of time to rest and play during those period.

And when our HR found a job for me, I got a job stictly 8hrs a day, monday to friday, no overtime requirement, no production issue or implementation work. I just review business requirements and functional specification documents which is like only 1/3 of my previous job responsibilities. And after 3 mos, I got promoted with salary increase of course.  Our company promotion only given every January, I received mine in October last year.

But those are not the main thing God has done for me. March this year, my daughter has been cleared to enroll in a normal mainstream school. Without paying for specialist or seeking therapist help or even enrolling to a special school, my daughter can now speak and express herself clearly. In just a year's time, my daughter's progress was amazing.  Truly, God's work is evident.

The delayed speech and severe authism has been healed thru prayers and faith in God thru his Words and promises of healing. Her teachers says she is even smarter and more advanced than her classmates.

Since my daughter has been healed from delayed speech and being completely healed from authism, Im now renegotiating with our Sydney office. They are not able to give me their last year's offer because I have been promoted so they have to give me a higher position and rate. I also now have offer from our Florida and New jersey office.

And most of all, we've become closer to God as we have experience His mighty moving in our life. The relationship becomes stronger and we truly believed now that God's promises are true because we have been a recipient of it.

Always remember what Romans 8:28 (NKJV) says "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Truly, praise God for He is good and worthy to be praised.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 06:17 PM »
Wow! A very inspiring testimony sir! Amen to that.

Mahirap yan. There are also times when trials occur to remind us that we are weak and nothing without God. Putting our Faith also means trusting God that whatever troubles may occur to us, we can be rest assured that God has better plans for us, as per sir JTs testimony.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 09:27 PM »
Very inspiring testimony sir JT :)

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 03:58 PM »
Sickness and physical abnormalities are results of man's fall ... not from God. All creations has suffered from Adam's sin thats why it is truly a deadly sin.

Let me share my testimony.

Thru our office internal transfer, I'm suppose to be relocating to Sydney last year. But my 4yr old daughter whom I declared with delayed speech was diagnosed by therapist with severe authism. Thus her visa was put on hold by AU immigration unless my office will give aud44k bond. So my move there did not push thru because it was not the company policy to provide as such. What has been agreed with my company then is to wdraw the visa application and once my daughter is ok, then we will renegotiate.

One of my main intention to go Sydney is to plant church work there as I was sent by our pastor. So have I questioned God why this has happened to me? Certainly.  And the answer I got from Him ... “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?”

Not only our move to Sydney was cancelled, I've already sold my house here so I have to rent (which is currently really expensive), my kids has to change school, and I also dont have a job because I already have a replacement from my former team since Im all set to go out of Singapore.

So how did I see God moved in our midst? I dont have a job for 3 months but Im recieving salary from my office. I come to office just to check if HR got something for me.  Where can you find such arrangements, no job but with pay? I have more time for my family, for the ministry and lots of time to rest and play during those period.

And when our HR found a job for me, I got a job stictly 8hrs a day, monday to friday, no overtime requirement, no production issue or implementation work. I just review business requirements and functional specification documents which is like only 1/3 of my previous job responsibilities. And after 3 mos, I got promoted with salary increase of course.  Our company promotion only given every January, I received mine in October last year.

But those are not the main thing God has done for me. March this year, my daughter has been cleared to enroll in a normal mainstream school. Without paying for specialist or seeking therapist help or even enrolling to a special school, my daughter can now speak and express herself clearly. In just a year's time, my daughter's progress was amazing.  Truly, God's work is evident.

The delayed speech and severe authism has been healed thru prayers and faith in God thru his Words and promises of healing. Her teachers says she is even smarter and more advanced than her classmates.

Since my daughter has been healed from delayed speech and being completely healed from authism, Im now renegotiating with our Sydney office. They are not able to give me their last year's offer because I have been promoted so they have to give me a higher position and rate. I also now have offer from our Florida and New jersey office.

And most of all, we've become closer to God as we have experience His mighty moving in our life. The relationship becomes stronger and we truly believed now that God's promises are true because we have been a recipient of it.

Always remember what Romans 8:28 (NKJV) says "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Truly, praise God for He is good and worthy to be praised.
thanks sir for sharing this.

another follow up question ( sir hindi ako nanunubok ha, hindi ko kasi talaga maintindihan lang). in my friend's case- hindi naman mawawala ang down syndrome, so if my friend gets a good good job, a better paying salary, a nice house, a car, gets to migrate etc- dosnt take out the fact that her son has down syndrome.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b