Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110442 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #240 on: Jan 17, 2013 at 04:22 PM »
PBA Online: "Abueva playing as a 'hugot' in Bulacan without Aces' consent."

Gano kaya ka-totoo ito? I don't know about players contracts but you just can't do this without your team knowing it. :D

I doubt this. He'd be playing for a pittance compared to what he's earning and what he could lose.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #241 on: Jan 17, 2013 at 04:25 PM »
PBA Online: "Abueva playing as a 'hugot' in Bulacan without Aces' consent."

Gano kaya ka-totoo ito? I don't know about players contracts but you just can't do this without your team knowing it. :D

I doubt this. He'd be playing for a pittance compared to what he's earning and what he could lose.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abueva-caught-playing-as-a-hugot-in-bulacan-without-aces-consent

There's a video there and Salud has already summoned Abueva. Even Luigi said that he talked to Abueva about it and Uytengsu is expected to address it.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #242 on: Jan 17, 2013 at 07:46 PM »
this league in Sta Maria is really something. Not sure though why Abueva was singled out, Its a traidion in this town, I recalled when I was still playing, Duremdes, Agustin, Aquino among others play here also, and this is when they were already PBA superstars.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jan 17, 2013 at 08:32 PM »
this league in Sta Maria is really something. Not sure though why Abueva was singled out, Its a traidion in this town, I recalled when I was still playing, Duremdes, Agustin, Aquino among others play here also, and this is when they were already PBA superstars.

Even in baranggay leagues, known players can be requested to participate as guest players, from the college varsity player to the commercial league player to professional player. This would give the local boys the chance to play with real athletes and compete with them. This would give the locals a chance to see these athletes play without having to pay. Pakiusapan at pakikisama! But, nowadays, with the easy access to cameras, instead of being contented with being able to get photographs of these players, everyone needs to be a scoop reporter.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Jan 18, 2013 at 08:37 PM »

this happens. miller did it a number of times when he was still with alaska. madalas sya sa olongapo. and he was fined everytime. however, he did not receive any fee for playing. when a friend of mine asked him why he kept on doing that even if he was always being fined, his reply was "ok lang yun. magkano lang yung fine. di mapapantayan nun yung kasiyahan ng mga fans, lalo na ung mga batana nakakalaro ko."

-0-0-0-

on another note:

this was allegedly asi's tweet today:

"My dream B4 retiring is 2 play 1 season 4 GSM. Hope 1 day I get dat chance! I just want 2 feel da support of best loyal fans."
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013 at 08:39 PM by -sniper- »
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline Chorus

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Jan 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM »
this happens. miller did it a number of times when he was still with alaska. madalas sya sa olongapo. and he was fined everytime. however, he did not receive any fee for playing. when a friend of mine asked him why he kept on doing that even if he was always being fined, his reply was "ok lang yun. magkano lang yung fine. di mapapantayan nun yung kasiyahan ng mga fans, lalo na ung mga batana nakakalaro ko."

-0-0-0-

on another note:

"My dream B4 retiring is 2 play 1 season 4 GSM. Hope 1 day I get dat chance! I just want 2 feel da support of best loyal fans."

Nice inputs
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM by cutiepipes »

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #246 on: Jan 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM »

on another note:

may be waiting for his second wind to come out.baka un lang inaantay nya para mailabas ulet ung ASI in his younger days

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 09:01 PM »
nasan na ba si Asi?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM »
nasan na ba si Asi?

He's playing for San Miguel in the ABL together with Menk..

Offline Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #249 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:27 PM »
Sana matuloy ang pagtrade kay Abueva papunta sa Ginebra. If there's any truth to that. :D

Offline onepaks

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
PBA Season 38
« Reply #250 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:35 PM »
5 team 10 player trade now for approval.  On the way to the commissioners office.

Petron gets tubid

San mig gets Mallari Najorda Alvarez and barako 2014 first round

Barako gets Intal duncil maliksi Jonas

Alaska gets Ramos

Ginebra gets baracael

All teams have signed in already. Now waiting for commisioners approval.

Fair?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:36 PM »
Sana matuloy ang pagtrade kay Abueva papunta sa Ginebra. If there's any truth to that. :D

It's not true. Here's the current trade proposal that's being reviewed by the commissioner.

Petron will get Tubid from Barako in exchange for Mallari and Duncil.
Barako will then trade Mallari, Najorda, Lester Alvarez and a 2014 1st round pick to San Mig Coffee for Jonas Villianueva, JC Intal and Aldrech Ramos.
Barako will trade Aldrech Ramos to Alaska for Baracael.
Barako will then ship Baracael to Ginebra for Maliksi.

In summary:

Petron - will get Tubid, lose Mallari and Duncil
San Mig Coffee - will get Mallari, Alvarez, Najorda, 2014 1st rd pick, lose Villanueva, Intal, Ramos
Alaska - will get Ramos, lose Baracael
Ginebra - will get Baracael, will lose Maliksi
Barako - will get J. Villanueva, Intal, Maliksi, Duncil, lose Tubid, Najorda, Alvarez, 2014 1st rd pick

For me, Petron is the loser in this trade. They let go of Mallari too soon. Barako and San Mig are the clear winners if this gets approved. And the Ramos to Alaska is a good move. Baracael never really got the triangle.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:44 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Chain

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #252 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 04:05 PM »
interesting developments.cant wait for the next season to start

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 05:36 PM »
The trade has been approved. Good trade for Alaska, Barako and San Mig. Not that much impact for Petron and Ginebra.

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 06:47 PM »
It's not true. Here's the current trade proposal that's being reviewed by the commissioner.

Petron will get Tubid from Barako in exchange for Mallari and Duncil.
Barako will then trade Mallari, Najorda, Lester Alvarez and a 2014 1st round pick to San Mig Coffee for Jonas Villianueva, JC Intal and Aldrech Ramos.
Barako will trade Aldrech Ramos to Alaska for Baracael.
Barako will then ship Baracael to Ginebra for Maliksi.

In summary:

Petron - will get Tubid, lose Mallari and Duncil
San Mig Coffee - will get Mallari, Alvarez, Najorda, 2014 1st rd pick, lose Villanueva, Intal, Ramos
Alaska - will get Ramos, lose Baracael
Ginebra - will get Baracael, will lose Maliksi
Barako - will get J. Villanueva, Intal, Maliksi, Duncil, lose Tubid, Najorda, Alvarez, 2014 1st rd pick

For me, Petron is the loser in this trade. They let go of Mallari too soon. Barako and San Mig are the clear winners if this gets approved. And the Ramos to Alaska is a good move. Baracael never really got the triangle.

Petron(or as SMB before) has done this before. They let go LA Tenorio and Larry Fonacier too soon. Petron simply can't wait for a rookie to develop nowadays.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 08:00 PM »
He's playing for San Miguel in the ABL together with Menk..

ouch, why did they allow this to happen to them

Offline Chorus

• DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 08:47 PM »
nice trade for SMC but for me I'll choose Jonas for the meantime rather than Alvarez. Najorda and Mallari fits triangle they do perimeter shooting at range.Nice one Coach Tim.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #257 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 09:00 PM »
Petron(or as SMB before) has done this before. They let go LA Tenorio and Larry Fonacier too soon. Petron simply can't wait for a rookie to develop nowadays.

Magulo tlga ang composition of players ng mga SMC teams. They cant expect players to gell if they wont give time for them to mature and have good chemistry.
Lahat ng masahan gumaganda pagtumatagal.
Speaking of Fonacier, he's now having the last laugh playing for TNT w/c really formed their team very well.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Chorus

• DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM »
Selino Cruz, Roger Yap, Urbiztondo, newly acquired Jonas

Hindi kaya overloaded na sa point guard ang Barako? Lalo yata lumiit line-up nila.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #259 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 09:49 AM »
Security Agency na ba? Hahaha! 

Roger Yap often plays #2 naman, and Urbiz is better suited at that position as well.  The only pure pointguard amongst the four is Celino Cruz.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 02:16 PM »
i think that, eventually, one of them will be traded. ginebra used to have a very fully-loaded guard line-up -- cortez, labagala, j. wilson, aquino, helterbrand, caguioa (who did i miss?). and now there are only four -- cagioua, helterbrand, tenorio and labagala.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #261 on: Jan 26, 2013 at 05:54 AM »
Selino Cruz, Roger Yap, Urbiztondo, newly acquired Jonas

Hindi kaya overloaded na sa point guard ang Barako? Lalo yata lumiit line-up nila.

BARAKO also has Eman Monfort in it's lineup ...... that's 5 PG's in their roster.

To add more confusion to the strange mix, new recruit Jojo Duncil is a SG who has mostly played PG chores for his former teams.

Well one shouldn't be surprised anymore, when BARAKO BULL makes head-shaking player trades.

This is a PBA team being fronted by Bert Lina & George Chua ...... and "secretly" owned by SMC.

The number of WTF trades that this SMC team este BARAKO team has been astounding.

Offline rafa_palma

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Jan 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM »
New trade rumors circulating.. how true?

Sol Mercado & Jwash to Globalport, Rabeh to TnT, Japeth Aguilar & Chris Ross to Ginebra, plus more...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Jan 30, 2013 at 03:28 PM »
Sol Mercado is pissed he's getting traded after playing his best conference. Meralco should fire Ryan Gregorio instead of trading Mercado. They're also about to trade Ronjay Buenafe to Air21. They'll get Ballesteros back from Barako for a pick then ship him together with Buenafe to Air21 for Baclao and John Wilson. Meralco is basically freeing up the spot for Cardona. They're choosing Cardona over Mercado. Really stupid move.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #264 on: Jan 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM »
Meralco made Cardona its franchise player when they got him from TNT.
He was playing excellent that time for TNT.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #265 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM »
GLOBAL PORT making major trades ..... pending Comm's approval. UPDATED: Comm. already approves of the trades.

1.) GLOBAL gets Japeth Aguilar --- TnT gets Al-Hussaini

GLOBAL & TnT basically exchanging known headcases ..... seriously, it's a fair trade for both.

TnT finally gets that legit big, to eventually replace the retiring Ali Peek ...... GLOBAL gets that "name" player to replace the team headcase.

2.) GLOBAL gets Sol Mercado, Kelly Nabong, Aljamal & Belencion --- MERALCO gets Rey Guevarra, Vic Manuel, Josh Vanlandingham & 2015 pick.

The fraud Ryan Gregorio strikes again ...... terrible trade for MERALCO.

I've never been a big fan of Mercado - largely inconsistent and streaky ..... but the guy did lead the PBA in scoring last conference, plus gives great effort for every game.

In exchange for Mercado, they get an even more inconsistent Rey Guevarra ...... Vic Manuel has good upside, but the kid plays way too eager ..... shades of Ruben Dela Rosa from years ago.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2013 at 01:51 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 03:59 PM »
the winner in this trade? -- mac cardona.  ;D

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #267 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 04:19 PM »
maugong din dati ang balita na for trade si cardona pero bakit si soul train pa naisip nila ibigay ??? Ang ganda ng stats niya last conference ah.

Offline rafa_palma

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 04:42 PM »
Sol Mercado will now play along side Miller & David. Agawan sa bola to.. lol :D

Chance for Japeth to redeem himself. :)

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 04:51 PM »
maugong din dati ang balita na for trade si cardona pero bakit si soul train pa naisip nila ibigay ??? Ang ganda ng stats niya last conference ah.

i don't think they will trade mac cardona. i believe ryan gregorio made him the franchise player of meralco.

Sol Mercado will now play along side Miller & David. Agawan sa bola to.. lol :D

Chance for Japeth to redeem himself. :)

unless japeth takes right medicine to cure his swell head, i don't think he could ever redeem himself. he has a lot of potential, though. unfortunately, he's just that...full of  potentials.