Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110384 times)

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #331 on: Mar 09, 2013 at 07:39 PM »
Blakman was so upset with the refs that he got more irritated with his teamates and coach pacifying him.

I don't really see any reason for him to be upset at the refs. Not just on that play he was complaining about but for the entire game. Petron fans are claiming that Balkman was frustrated because he wasn't getting any calls. But if you watch that game again, you'll notice that 90% of the time he was on the court, he was just standing out on the perimeter. He'll set a pick then just stand there. He doesn't roll. He backs all the way out to the 3pt line. When he gets the ball, he just stands on the perimeter holding it and waits for his teammates to come get it. He doesn't even go for offensive boards. How can he get the referees to call fouls when he's not doing anything?

That outburst was really just out of the blue. He was disengaged the whole game then he just snapped. Now the Games and Amusements Board has said that if the PBA won't take any action, they're thinking of either suspending or revoking Balkman's license to play here.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #332 on: Mar 10, 2013 at 08:23 AM »
I don't really see any reason for him to be upset at the refs. Not just on that play he was complaining about but for the entire game. Petron fans are claiming that Balkman was frustrated because he wasn't getting any calls. But if you watch that game again, you'll notice that 90% of the time he was on the court, he was just standing out on the perimeter. He'll set a pick then just stand there. He doesn't roll. He backs all the way out to the 3pt line. When he gets the ball, he just stands on the perimeter holding it and waits for his teammates to come get it. He doesn't even go for offensive boards. How can he get the referees to call fouls when he's not doing anything?

That outburst was really just out of the blue. He was disengaged the whole game then he just snapped. Now the Games and Amusements Board has said that if the PBA won't take any action, they're thinking of either suspending or revoking Balkman's license to play here.

Yes, no excuses. Blakman's behavior shouldn't be tolerated and the PBA must provide the necessary disciplinary actions against him.
Pero ang problema Petron isn't letting go of Blakman.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Online Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #333 on: Mar 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM »
Buo ang gabi dahil nanalo Ginebra. :D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:55 AM »
Back in the day, Joey Loyzaga punched his Magnolia teammate Rudy Distrito but it was because Distrito was fighting Chito Loyzaga, Joey's big brother, then playing for Ginebra.  Even father Caloy joined the fray.  But yeah nothing like this choking incident.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:09 PM »
Salud has BANNED Balkman from playing in the PBA, for life.. also fined P250K.. finally, Salud does the right thing..
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:12 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:14 PM »
Salud has BANNED Balkman from playing in the PBA, for life.. also fined P250K.. finally, Salud does the right thing..

Yes, that's the right thing to do.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:19 PM »
Yes, that's the right thing to do.

Gusto ko pa sana siya maglaro sa next game nila. Rain or Shine ni Yeng Guiao kasi kalaban. ;D ;D ;D

Online Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #338 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:21 PM »
Buti naman. First time I saw a player go at his teammate. Buti sana kung off-cam. Sayang ganda pa naman performance nya.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:26 PM »
Here's the full text of the decision:

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:27 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #340 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 03:38 PM »
too harsh for me. parang mas grabe pa nga yung ginawa ni arboleda assaulting a fan eh.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 04:55 PM »
too harsh for me. parang mas grabe pa nga yung ginawa ni arboleda assaulting a fan eh.

Big name earning big money, playing for a big time team. And it was seen live on prime time TV. Salud had no choice. He'll be criticized if he didn't do that. Remember, Salud meted out a one-conference ban on Don Allado for just tweeting that the league was rigged. This was way worse. A ban was really the only option. Besides, Salud has never been consistent with his decisions. Well, he's been consistently inconsistent.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2013 at 05:04 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #342 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 05:02 PM »
Well, a lesson for the imports playing in the PBA not to be too arrogant even if they are formerly NBA players.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 08:21 PM »
Well, a lesson for the imports playing in the PBA not to be too arrogant even if they are formerly NBA players.

Yes, definitely not in our house.  At least, I applaud Comm Salud for not choking on his decision.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 08:29 PM »

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #346 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM »
somehow i do agree with the statement of smc that its been blown out of proportion. what blackman did was wrong but i think the penalty doesnt give justice to the incident. there are worse things that happened to the pba but never a lifetime ban given to the player.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #347 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 05:54 AM »
^ It has been blown out of proportion ...... but this is the digital age and it's the norm nowadays.

If anything, the fault lies with SMC officials (Eala) for not sanctioning Balkman right away ...... most press bites from them showing solid support for the talented Balkman.

SMC should look at this another way ...... should Balkman had been suspended (a good number of games) instead of being banned, PETRON's campaign would be dire since it will be likely playing without an import.

This way, PETRON still gets to play an import, albeit with the risks coming with a replacement one.

Like I said, no place in any league for such a Balkman outrage ...... it was unique in many ways, since it showed violence towards other teammates ...... within full view of the live crowd and coverage.

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 09:28 AM »
Then Arboleda should also be banned from the PBA. He punched and kicked an obviously much smaller, defenseless fan also on national tv, but the guy is still playing, right? Balkman deserved to be sanctioned, everybody knows that..... but the PBA must show consistency on their decisions.

Thats Chito Salud for you..... 
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 01:11 PM »
Then Arboleda should also be banned from the PBA. He punched and kicked an obviously much smaller, defenseless fan also on national tv, but the guy is still playing, right? Balkman deserved to be sanctioned, everybody knows that..... but the PBA must show consistency on their decisions.

Thats Chito Salud for you..... 

In fairness to Salud, it wasn't him who levied the penalties on Arboleda.. Barrios was still commissioner during the Arboleda incident.. They're different people with different views on things..

And as I said before, I think Salud's decision on the Allado case played a part in this.. He had to give a harsher penalty to Balkman because he gave Allado a 1-conference ban and P500K fine just for a tweet.. And I agree that the SMC management handled this poorly.. they tried to just let it go and move on from it.. As Tim Cone tweeted, if that happened in practice or in the locker room, pwede pang palampasin.. but it didn't and in this day and age, there's was no way that was going away quickly..

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #350 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 01:26 PM »
science si renaldo....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline jericm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 02:22 PM »
What if Chito Salud the commissioner back in time when the likes of Jaworski, Distrito, Onchie de la Cruz, Relosa, Jay Mendoza etc. that were involved in actual fisticuffs were still playing, maybe half the PBA roster would also be banned....  ;D

Joke lang po...
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2013 at 02:25 PM by jericm »
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline jericm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 02:33 PM »
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #353 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
^ Tama lng na i-ban, kung nasakal nya teammate nya imagine kung anu pa kaya nya gawin sa kalaban.. Marami pa naman import, I'm sure may back up na smc dyan..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #354 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 06:06 PM »
It's very, very likely that SMC knew before-hand that Balkman will be banned by Salud ...... after all, Salud is a very close Danding ally and only won his office through the SMC bloc.

Chito Salud has been consistent in approving everything that favors SMC teams since he became Commisioner.

Like I said, in a way, the Balkman expulsion is the least worst thing that can happen to PETRON ..... instead of multiple game suspension, which would have derailed their campaign this conference, PETRON gets to hire another import instead.

============================================================

Read reports that PETRON is contemplating on hiring Rodney White as Balkman's replacement.

He's decent, but acted like he was Michael Jordan during his recent stint as BARAKO BULL import. Somewhat risky choice for PETRON.

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2013 at 06:07 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #355 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM »
i hope totohanin yung pag pull out ng SMC, nakakasawa na ang ginagawa nila sa PBA eh, at least mag karon ng dispersal draft, mabalanse na ulit ang liga, sabagay yung Petron daig pa ang all star, all superstar na nga eh pero palaging walang nararating, talk about ang nag hangad ng kagitna isang salop ang nawawala.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #358 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM »
Slightly OT - The BIR filed tax evasion charges against Jimmy Alapag and Jared Dillinger today. WTH? Ayaw yata ng BIR mag-champion ang Talk & Text... 
We deserve better.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
« Reply #359 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 04:27 PM »
me tatalo pa ba sa nangyari dito sa anejo vs presto?   >:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xj43mSpkcgI
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)