Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110289 times)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #420 on: Apr 07, 2013 at 09:11 PM »
Cardiac ball game a while ago between Ginebra and Meralco.
Ginebra winning by just a single point... whewww!!! ^-^

Back to back triples by Buenafe and Sunday were huge in the closing seconds...
Nice game by Baracael especially in the 4th keeping Ginebra in the lead...
Stepping up in the absence of Caguiao...

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #421 on: Apr 08, 2013 at 05:05 PM »
was able to watch mbenga on barako vs petron. he plays the same way as he did on the nba so I dont think he could help barako.

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #422 on: Apr 08, 2013 at 06:28 PM »
Cardiac ball game a while ago between Ginebra and Meralco.
Ginebra winning by just a single point... whewww!!! ^-^

Back to back triples by Buenafe and Sunday were huge in the closing seconds...
Nice game by Baracael especially in the 4th keeping Ginebra in the lead...
Stepping up in the absence of Caguiao...

While watching the game, I couldn't help but say to myself what a stupid rule the "review of each out-of-bounds play before a call is made" is. On two instances, Meralco was able to map out what they had to do even without any time-outs left, just because of the stupid rule. Ginebra was lucky Dawson's shot did not go in.

On the two instances wherein the referees reviewed the video, it was obvious who should get the ball. There was no question from the teams as to who touched the ball last. It would be much better if they just review instances where it is not really clear who touched the ball last.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #423 on: Apr 08, 2013 at 06:38 PM »
While watching the game, I couldn't help but say to myself what a stupid rule the "review of each out-of-bounds play before a call is made" is. On two instances, Meralco was able to map out what they had to do even without any time-outs left, just because of the stupid rule. Ginebra was lucky Dawson's shot did not go in.

On the two instances wherein the referees reviewed the video, it was obvious who should get the ball. There was no question from the teams as to who touched the ball last. It would be much better if they just review instances where it is not really clear who touched the ball last.

I shared the same sentiments on this matter....

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #424 on: Apr 09, 2013 at 03:24 AM »
actually any "review", hassle for the players and the game itself.  dapat when the ref calls it, yun na yun. 
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013 at 03:25 AM by ninjababez® »
ninjababez online ..

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #425 on: Apr 09, 2013 at 04:30 AM »
actually any "review", hassle for the players and the game itself.  dapat when the ref calls it, yun na yun. 

I agree with the PBA rule of reviewing out-of-bounds plays after the last 2-min mark ...... however, some sequences are easily obvious on what team will get possession.

It does result in scenarios wherein teams get freebie timeouts ..... makes the game longer than necessary.

The PBA ref group should pattern it after the NBA model ...... or perhaps maintain a challenge-count per team per game.

==========================================================================

The one very stup1d rule that the PBA needs to IMMEDIATELY abolish ...... that delay-of-game call - called when any player from the offensive team touches the ball, after a made shot.

It's almost 2nd nature in basketball to touch, graze, catch the ball ..... or tap the ball towards the sidelines (helping the refs actually) after a made shot.

I get that the rule aims to prevent unnecessary delays ....... but in reality it does the opposite, now nobody wants to tap the ball towards the refs or the sidelines - which makes the game longer than necessary. ........ ironic.

Offline habibs

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Apr 09, 2013 at 06:52 AM »

+1

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM »
Looking forward to the game later between Ginebra and Alaska...
It seems Caguiao will still sit this one out, Mamaril is also out. Casio, Thoss and Baguio are still not 100%.
We will see who will step up for both teams :)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 09:38 PM »
Very very impressive game from Alaska snapping Ginebra's winning streak...

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #429 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 09:39 PM »
unlike the undertaker, ginebra's streak came to an end tonight....
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 09:58 PM »
Alaska's just too smart and too composed for Ginebra. Wala man lang panic nung hinabol sila nung 3rd.

I'm really getting more impressed with Luigi Trillo. He made 2 excellent substitutions in that last few minutes. He pulled out Abueva and put Dondon in who made a huge 3 to up the lead to 5. Then he pulled out Baguio in the next play and put Abueva back in. Instead of having 3 guys on the perimeter to take a low percentage shot, Alaska had 3 guys up front who were ready to get a pass from a driving Casio. And that's what Abueva just did.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 09:03 AM »
Pagnanonood ako ng live laging talo Ginebra. :/ Im not a hater of Abueva buttheres something in him that's irritating.

Offline mannix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 09:52 AM »
^feeling nya Harden sya? :))

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM »
Im not a hater of Abueva buttheres something in him that's irritating.

i share the same sentiment. he always flashes that "ang galing ko, noh?" look whenever he makes a shot. but he is really good, though.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline dmaximus

• DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM »
i share the same sentiment. he always flashes that "ang galing ko, noh?" look whenever he makes a shot. but he is really good, though.
also a good trash talker. He will try to get in your skin. for a rookie thats something :D

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 01:22 PM »
also a good trash talker. He will try to get in your skin. for a rookie thats something :D

But if he has aspirations of someday being an MVP, then he must learn to tone down his trash-talking and flashing that "ang galing ko, noh?" look. Thirty percent of the criteria for MVP goes to press and media votes while 25% goes to players' votes. We, as fans, like it, though we do sometimes get irritated when done too much, when players show off or try to intimidate others but these have negative effects on the press and the players themselves.

Asaytono, leading in statistical points, lost out to Agustin. No one wanted to vote for Asaytono, the main "contrabida" from Yeng Guiao's Swift team! Fernandez, though leading in statistical points and having lead San Miguel to a grandslam, lost out to Paras who was lobbied for in the media by Ronnie Nathanielz.

Tama na ang pagpapasikat. His antics will hurt his team rather than help it in the long run.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 02:48 PM »
Nelson Asaytono was the first player that came to my mind when i read the first part of your post. IIRC, the MVP race between asaytono and agustin was very close and that it was the media and player votes the carried agustin to the MVP trophy.

Tama na ang pagpapasikat. His antics will hurt his team rather than help it in the long run.

i think it would hurt HIM more if he does not tone down....physically, that is. subujan nyang asarin si mamaril at si villanueva. :P

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #437 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM »
Ginebra vs. TNT tonight, any insights on this game? We're planning to watch live sa MOA arena, and wala ko makita na preview, walang kwenta pba website.. First time to watch again, last was during meneses' days.. Tia.. 
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM »
Ginebra vs. TNT tonight, any insights on this game? We're planning to watch live sa MOA arena, and wala ko makita na preview, walang kwenta pba website.. First time to watch again, last was during meneses' days.. Tia.. 

Little at stake for the BGK-TnT game ..... both have already made it through the quarterfinals. Their seeding/slot will be the only thing to settle.

AFAIK, win or lose, BGK will land in a best-of-3 match ...... while TnT needs to win one of their 2 remaining games, to avoid a potential twice-to-win disadvantage.

TnT will parade a new import Jerome Jordan ...... curious to see if his NBA pedigree will serve him well, or he'll turn out a stiff, much like most past imports with NBA experiences.

Enjoy watching it live ...... heard good things about MOA arena.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #439 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM »
^ Thanks bro..
The Pats way...

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #440 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 01:09 PM »
i have 2 extra tickets for upperbox for the game later at MOA Arena. anyone interested? get the tix later from me at moa before 4pm.

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #441 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 01:10 PM »
text me at 09053532500 at baka mag off na ako ng pc. thanks thanks.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 09:31 PM »
with Ginebra's 14pt loss to TNT, they would end up at either 6th or 7th depending on the results of Meralco's last game.

A Meralco win vs RoS on Wednesday will send Ginebra to 7th. A Meralco loss will send Ginebra to 6th.

So the loss to TNT tonight was a big one for Ginebra. They could go up against RoS in the quarters. I don't think Meralco would win vs RoS though so it's either SanMig or Petron for Ginebra. Both are tough match ups as well.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Apr 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM »
parang ang lata ni macklin kanina....

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 02:47 PM »
possible scenarios for the quartefinals ---

Talk n Text and Rain or Shine wins
Ginebra vs sanmig coffee best of 3

Talk n Text and Meralco wins
Ginebra vs ROS, ROS TWICE TO BEAT

Petron and Rain or Shine wins
Ginebra vs petron Best of 3

Petron and Meralco wins
Ginebra vs ROS, ROS TWICE TO BEAT

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:11 PM »
Kahit sinong makakalaban ng Gin Kings mahihirapan sila. Lahat mabibigat...
Pero I think they will give a good fight.

Offline rony

• DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #446 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 03:29 PM »
Kahit sinong makakalaban ng Gin Kings mahihirapan sila. Lahat mabibigat...
Pero I think they will give a good fight.

Yun mga talo ng gin kings nakuha na ng kalaban kung papaano depensahan si macklin. Dapat me iba sila option kugn gusto pa uli nila manalo.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Apr 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM »
In many ways, Caguioa's absence has improved the overall play of BGK ...... improved balance among the locals and much better ball movement - everyone knows about MC47's propensity in jacking-up early and bad shots.

Aside from the 6-game win streak, BGK's recent losses were actually competitive ones ...... they showed the ability to rally when needed; and these were against some of the elite teams of the PBA.

That being said, BGK is still best served with a healthy Caguioa ...... he just has to sustain his matured, toned-down game, which he has shown the past few conferences now.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Apr 17, 2013 at 07:50 PM »
I don't know what Ginebra was thinking by trading for Josh Urbiztondo. They let go of Keith Jensen and a 2nd rd pick for Urbiztondo, a guy who only knows how to shoot from 3.

Anyway, with the Meralco win earlier, Ginebra will meet RoS in the quarters with a twice-to-beat disadvantage.