Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110336 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #510 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 09:28 PM »
Grind 'em out Game 1 between SMC & ALASKA ....... as expected, the refs gave SMC the crucial calls/non-calls over ALASKA.

It's always a mismatch when SMC & ALASKA meet ...... SMC has Tim Cone & the 3 guys in zebra uniforms.  ;D

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #511 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM »
Aba Allain malit ko na palang kainin ang mga sinabi ko, patay na discount ng 500 sa surround hehehehe, biglang tumigas crispy pata ko huhuhu

hehe...but it's still too early to tell. it's just one game. i'm sure norman black will make major adjustments tomorrow.

just noticed, though...taha seems to make life difficult for jerome jordan. i don't know if my observation is correct...
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #512 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM »
Was not able able to watch the smc alaska game and Just checking on score, i dont know if these 2 teams struggled on offense or they were just so good on d, i know alaska has been playing great d but the scores.. 11-7 after first qtr, 28-17 after first half. Cant imagine kung ilan lang nanuod nito ng live.. :)
The Pats way...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM »
It was a great defensive game from both teams. No one giving an inch. There was just that one really bad call that ruined the game for me. That foul called against Casio on Yap's 3pt shot was a bad call. Yap kicked his leg back that's why it made contact with Casio. Lumayo na nga si Casio, inabot pa.

Alaska needs significant contributions from their locals. Hindi pwedeng panaka-naka lang. Someone has to play big in Game 2 to beat San Mig and the refs. Their outside shots have to fall. And I think it's about time Baguio shows up. I don't know if the back is still bothering him but he hasn't been himself for quite a while now. He seems lost.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 12:51 AM »
it was a very low-scoring first half. i was able to catch up only the start of the third quarter, with the score at 27-22....and i thought it was only the start of the 2nd quarter.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 08:17 AM »
It was a great defensive game from both teams. No one giving an inch. There was just that one really bad call that ruined the game for me. That foul called against Casio on Yap's 3pt shot was a bad call. Yap kicked his leg back that's why it made contact with Casio. Lumayo na nga si Casio, inabot pa.

Alaska needs significant contributions from their locals. Hindi pwedeng panaka-naka lang. Someone has to play big in Game 2 to beat San Mig and the refs. Their outside shots have to fall. And I think it's about time Baguio shows up. I don't know if the back is still bothering him but he hasn't been himself for quite a while now. He seems lost.

Exactly ...... just a few teams have had sustained success against Tim Cone's SMC - and these are the great-passing, high energy teams of RoS & TnT.

It's hard enough to beat SMC on a grind 'em out, slow-down game (Cone plays a mean half-court defense, anchored by Pingris) ...... you also leave much room for the refs to screw you in the crucial stages.

When playing SMC, both RoS & TnT play hard, smart and fast ...... they run when the opportunity is there and do quick-shots with their smart passing.

Cyrus Baguio only played 20+ minutes during Game 1 ...... he usually plays in the 34+ min range. He also took a meager number of shots ...... it's very likely that still has those back problems.

============================================================================

It's bad enough that Kelly Williams & Ali Peek (IMO has become very underrated these days) are injured ...... it seems like TnT has lost Jared Dillinger to injury as well.

IMO TnT still has enough to beat BGK ...... but things just got a bit harder for Black.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #516 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 05:25 PM »
after mar, and jj. Will barangay ever be the same again? Who will keep the fire burning?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 09:13 PM »
1-1 na Ginebra-TNT. Locals na naman bida for TNT. Castro, Alapag and De Ocampo were big tonight. De Ocampo was clutch despite being in "foul trouble" all game long.

Anyway, pansin ko lang, yung mga "analystsr" ng PBA in the playoffs parang takot mawalan ng trabaho. Ang babait. Agree sa lahat ng tawag ng ref. Ang napapansin, mga magandang plays lang. You rarely hear them talk about what a team is doing wrong or what they should do to correct it. Yung mga analysis, lahat tungkol sa ginawang tama ng isang team. Ang boring pakinggan kaya I mute my TV when I'm watching the PBA these days. I wish they'd let Jolas cover the games again. With Jason Webb taking a leave due to the campaign period, wala ng matinong analyst sa coverage. Or they could bring back Andy Jao now that he works for MVP. He may mispronounce players' names but at least he knows how to cover a game.

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #518 on: Apr 28, 2013 at 09:49 PM »
1-1 na Ginebra-TNT. Locals na naman bida for TNT. Castro, Alapag and De Ocampo were big tonight. De Ocampo was clutch despite being in "foul trouble" all game long.

Anyway, pansin ko lang, yung mga "analystsr" ng PBA in the playoffs parang takot mawalan ng trabaho. Ang babait. Agree sa lahat ng tawag ng ref. Ang napapansin, mga magandang plays lang. You rarely hear them talk about what a team is doing wrong or what they should do to correct it. Yung mga analysis, lahat tungkol sa ginawang tama ng isang team. Ang boring pakinggan kaya I mute my TV when I'm watching the PBA these days. I wish they'd let Jolas cover the games again. With Jason Webb taking a leave due to the campaign period, wala ng matinong analyst sa coverage. Or they could bring back Andy Jao now that he works for MVP. He may mispronounce players' names but at least he knows how to cover a game.

Same here sir. Tv is muted but for a different reason. The tv is muted whenever "The Dean" says whatever it is he was supposedly talking about. "Yan ang sinasabi ko" o "yan ang sinasabi natin" na lang ang laging naririnig sa kanya. Whatever it is a player or a team is doing right, that is what he was talking about. Whatever a player or team is doing wrong, that is what he was talking about. He knows it all! And he is always right. He is "The Dean" after all.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM »
agree. i really hate it when Henson is the commentator. he knows everything and he is always right. at napaka-OA mag-commentary. he, and Chino, (otherwise known as the ChiQuito duo) were the reason why i do not watch the local coverage of the NBA Finals (when they were the commentators). pareho silang sobrang OA.

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM »
^super O.A sila talaga sir..kala mo napaka-galing nila kung magsalita, minsan nga mali-mali pa yung sinasabi nila e.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM »
agree. i really hate it when Henson is the commentator. he knows everything and he is always right. at napaka-OA mag-commentary. he, and Chino, (otherwise known as the ChiQuito duo) were the reason why i do not watch the local coverage of the NBA Finals (when they were the commentators). pareho silang sobrang OA.

Sayang nga si Jason Webb and his partner (I forgot his name), medyo comedy pero may laman.. like JVG in NBA..
The Pats way...

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 01:09 PM »

Sayang nga si Jason Webb and his partner (I forgot his name), medyo comedy pero may laman.. like JVG in NBA..

is it Magoo?

anyway, all-star week break pala ang PBA. after today's game 2 of the alaska-san mig semis, the next game will be on may 8. who will benefit from it? both ginebra and tnt have injured players. the one week break is enough for these injured players to recuperate. good for ginebra, because it will give caguoia, tenorio and mamaril to recover. bad for them, too, because it will also give peek time to recover. james yap can rest his back...but the one week break can also affect their momentum. let's just wait and see....

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 07:21 PM »
Watching smc-alaska, konti na lang may mag susuntukan na sa na game nato, hehe, very physical game.. Nice.. :)
The Pats way...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Apr 29, 2013 at 09:32 PM »
Committed. That's the best word to describe Alaska's game tonight. They were committed to win. Committed to finally beat Tim Cone. Committed to play defense. Committed to play hard for 48 minutes.

If Game 1 showed why Bowles is the reigning Best Import, tonight's game showed why Rob Dozier will win it this time. He made his presence felt the entire game. 28pts, 27rebs, 13/16 FG. It was hard to defend him because he was never the focal point of the offense. He just moved without the ball, found his spots and crashed the boards. He always plays within the offense. Alaska is lucky Dawson and Mbenga passed up on their offers. Dozier is the perfect fit for them.

One more game done and still a lot of bad calls. It's getting worse instead of improving. I have to say James Yap had reason to be mad at the refs tonight.

Anyway, ang daming maganda na nanood tonight at MOA. ;D

Oh, and Jared Dillinger is out for 3-6 months because of the injury he suffered when he had that car accident. Tough break for TNT. I saw Ryan Reyes hurting in the last game and Fonacier is still in a slump. If they don't get anything from their wingmen, that will put more pressure on Castro and Alapag. Jordan has to show up now. Di na kaya ng TNT locals ngayon. They are too banged up from playing in the PBA and for Gilas. Ginebra knows that and they will take advantage of it.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Apr 30, 2013 at 05:08 AM »
Like I've said, teams needs to play fast and hard to have a good shot at winning against Tim Cone's SMC ....... RoS & TnT have great W-L record against SMC, because they play hard and always keep the ball moving.

Last night, ALASKA played 'quick' when they had the opportunity ...... leading to many passing plays and/or putbacks for Dozier.

IMO Abueva played excellent denial defense/body check defense on Yap ...... sans the flopping of course.

I've seen much more forceful denial defense on Yap courtesy of Ibanes, Chan, R. Reyes, etc ..... heck, LA Tenorio was flopping most of Game 2 between BGK-TnT - nobody outside of Norman Black was complaining.  ;D

Anyway, ang daming maganda na nanood tonight at MOA. ;D

+ 1,000 ...... last night's cameraman should be commended.

One cute lady was even showed in three different instances during the game ..... I have no complaints whatsoever.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #526 on: May 01, 2013 at 11:10 PM »
Ibang klase pala talaga kayabangan nitong si Abueva...
I'm not an Abueva hater nor a San Mig fan pero yung sinabi nya kay James Yap na "mag-chess na lang kung ayaw masaktan" saka "mas pipikunin pa nya si Yap sa next game" is just plain skwater and larong kanto mentally... Tsk tsk tsk... :-\

Magaling cya kung sa magaling but he has to learn how to respect his co-players and act like a pro ballplayer...

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abueva-to-yap-kung-ayaw-niya-masaktan-mag-chess-na-lang-siya-v02

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: May 01, 2013 at 11:19 PM »
I'm not an Abueva hater nor a San Mig fan pero yung sinabi nya kay James Yap na "mag-chess na lang kung ayaw masaktan" saka "mas pipikunin pa nya si Yap sa next game" is just plain skwater and larong kanto mentally... Tsk tsk tsk... :-\

Magaling cya kung sa magaling but he has to learn how to respect his co-players and act like a pro ballplayer...

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/abueva-to-yap-kung-ayaw-niya-masaktan-mag-chess-na-lang-siya-v02

sinabi rin ni jaworski yan, dapat lang talagang mag chess na lang si yap kung ayaw nyang masaktan, or mag artista kaya
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #528 on: May 01, 2013 at 11:23 PM »
sinabi rin ni jaworski yan, dapat lang talagang mag chess na lang si yap kung ayaw nyang masaktan, or mag artista kaya

Well the fact na rookie pa lang cya he must learn how to respect his co-players...

Over physicality and trash talk will not do him any good...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013 at 11:33 PM by Louie_18 »

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #529 on: May 01, 2013 at 11:41 PM »
I'm not an Abueva hater nor a San Mig fan pero yung sinabi nya kay James Yap na "mag-chess na lang kung ayaw masaktan" saka "mas pipikunin pa nya si Yap sa next game" is just plain skwater and larong kanto mentally... Tsk tsk tsk... :-

It's a famous Jaworski quote. Just like "This is you."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013 at 11:41 PM by SiCkBoY »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:18 AM »
Nagpapaawa lang yan si James Yap. After they won Game 1, sabi niya ok lang yung physicality kasi semis na. Yung inisan nila ni Abueva part lang daw ng higher level of game sa semis. Nung natalo sa Game 2, nagreklamo. He was a non-factor nung Game 2 kaya ganyan yan. Even if he wasn't in foul trouble in that game, wala rin naman siyang magagawa kasi tira lang ng tira alam niya. Depensa kulang sa kanila nun.

Yap should take it as a complement that Alaska's best perimeter defender is guarding him. Abueva knows James is a key factor for San Mig and doing his best to defend him well is a show of respect.

Abueva took a beating the moment he entered the league. He never complained kasi it's sort of a rookie initiation. Sa ginawang pagreklamo ni Yap, parang sinasabi niya na okay lang tirahin ang rookie pero di sila pwede tumira.

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:22 AM »
Magkaiba ang context ng pagkakasabi ni Jawo sa pagkakasabi ni Abueva.
Si Jawo ang tinutukoy ay ang natural na pagkakaroon ng physical contact sa larong basketball samantalang si Abueva ay para na ring sinabi na talagang intention niyang saktan si Yap.
Maswerte si Abueva at halos wala na ng mga tunay na tirador sa PBA. Takot na rin sa maaaring ipataw na suspensyon kung kaya't wala ng masyadong mga balyador at tirador sa PBA. Kung nagkataon di na kailangan pang mag-flop ni Abueva kasi talagang babagsak at babagsak siya. Ingat na lang siya at baka may mag-ala Menor sa kanya.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:36 AM »
Pingris' statement is actually the one that's saying na mananakit siya.

"Parating mo sa kanya 'to: tignan natin kung sino ang physical next game," an infuriated Pingris told Spin.ph. "Abueva, sino ka para katakutan ko?"

"Parating niyo sa kanya to: next game physical talaga wala nang bukas 'to," he fumed. "Sino sya para katakutan ko, makikita mo (Abueva) kung sino si Mark Pingris (sa) next game.

"Next game tignan niyo na lang," he added.

It's close to a threat already.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/pingris-leaps-to-yap-defense-warns-abueva-will-get-what-hes-asking-for

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: May 02, 2013 at 08:45 AM »
gusto lang sila panuorin lalo, kasi mas madaming nanunuod sa series ng Ginebra at TnT e, kaya gumagawa sila ng eksena.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #534 on: May 02, 2013 at 10:01 AM »
asked for tix for the May 8 game from a friend. hopefully I get one. maganda panuorin tong Abueva vs Pingris. :D

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:30 PM »
Parang bata naman si Pingris, dapat wala mga ganyang threat, gawin nya na lang.. puro bata kalaban nila, nag papagulang sila.. I'm not a fan of Abueva, but I noticed in game 2, lahat ng players ng san mig coffee wants to gang up on abueva, lahat gusto ko maki share sa siko, patid.. ilan beses bumagsak si abueva, and marami rin dun ang totoo.. pero wala naman sa kanya un, smile lang, sila yap pag binantayan ng mahigpit piling nila sinasaktan na sila..   
The Pats way...

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #536 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:48 PM »
Parang bata naman si Pingris, dapat wala mga ganyang threat, gawin nya na lang.. puro bata kalaban nila, nag papagulang sila.. I'm not a fan of Abueva, but I noticed in game 2, lahat ng players ng san mig coffee wants to gang up on abueva, lahat gusto ko maki share sa siko, patid.. ilan beses bumagsak si abueva, and marami rin dun ang totoo.. pero wala naman sa kanya un, smile lang, sila yap pag binantayan ng mahigpit piling nila sinasaktan na sila..   

haha sanay kasi si abueva sa banatan nung college pa lang. :D

ilang beses din yan nabigyan ng mga red lions (watched up close) at ilang beses din gumanti ng mas matindi. haha

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: May 02, 2013 at 12:56 PM »
haha sanay kasi si abueva sa banatan nung college pa lang. :D

ilang beses din yan nabigyan ng mga red lions (watched up close) at ilang beses din gumanti ng mas matindi. haha
oo nga noh, naalala ko nga nung NCAA days nila, pero wala dapat sinasabi.. ilang years na silang Pro, papa api pa sila sa rookie.. and besides isa lang si Abueva.. nag focus sila masyado kay abueva kaya natambakan sila nung game 2.. haha
The Pats way...

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2013 at 01:04 PM »
frusrated lang ang SMC nung game 2 dahil kampi ang refs sa Alaska. si abueva kasi konting bungo mo lang tumutumba na :)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: May 02, 2013 at 05:22 PM »
Well the fact na rookie pa lang cya he must learn how to respect his co-players...

Over physicality and trash talk will not do him any good...

i hate Abueva, in fact sa mga previuos post ko Im saying he will not shine sa PBA, I ate my words obviuosly.

But that overphysicality and thrashtalk he is doing now? a lot of players did that to him, worst in fact than what he is doing with Yap now but he has never complained, why is Yap complaining now, bawal ang iyakin sa basketball.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus