Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110432 times)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #540 on: May 02, 2013 at 05:39 PM »
i hate Abueva, in fact sa mga previuos post ko Im saying he will not shine sa PBA, I ate my words obviuosly.

But that overphysicality and thrashtalk he is doing now? a lot of players did that to him, worst in fact than what he is doing with Yap now but he has never complained, why is Yap complaining now, bawal ang iyakin sa basketball.

Hindi ko kinampihan si Yap. Like what I said hindi ako fan nung dalawa...
What I'm trying to point out is yung attitude ni Abueva...
Kung mapapansin nyo madami nang haters yang si Abueva because of his attitude.
Ok lang maging pisikal at mag trash talk pero yung sa kanya parang hindi na professional ang dating.
May limitasyon lahat...

I dont care kung umiyak or maglupasay pa yan si James Yap
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013 at 05:40 PM by Louie_18 »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #541 on: May 02, 2013 at 05:45 PM »
Exactly, pwede rin nila gawin kay abueva but without threatening him na sana, ng- media pa, :).. And pwede rin sila mag flop, but I always believe that only smart players can do that, and penissi is not one them, hehe.. Yung kampi nya dati sa baste na nasa smc na, hinakbangan sya habang nka higa.. Mas nakakapikon un..

Marami talaga asar kay abueva, nung ncaa asar ako dun pag talo letran dahil sa kanya, but sobrang sipag ng bata, you'll appreciate his game when you watch him.. If smc can focus on things they can control during the game, baka manalo pa sila.. Just my 2 cents..

Go spurs.. Oops..
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #542 on: May 02, 2013 at 05:49 PM »
Na-late ung post ko, hirap mg type sa celfon.. Bro louie, mag lupasay talaga, haha.. Pwede na mag artista si james..
The Pats way...

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #543 on: May 02, 2013 at 06:24 PM »
Hindi ko kinampihan si Yap. Like what I said hindi ako fan nung dalawa...
What I'm trying to point out is yung attitude ni Abueva...
Kung mapapansin nyo madami nang haters yang si Abueva because of his attitude.
Ok lang maging pisikal at mag trash talk pero yung sa kanya parang hindi na professional ang dating.
May limitasyon lahat...

I dont care kung umiyak or maglupasay pa yan si James Yap

attitude is attitude, most of the time attitude is subject to perception and opinion, Abueva has this gungho style of playing, his attiude backs this up, whether professional looking or not, it remains a perception, many players have exhibited this kind of attitude but they were never percieved as unprofessional, it really depends on the view of people watching the game and the player being discussed, the attitude shown by Pingris is worst but I dont think both him and Abueva will translate this to anyhting that will intend to harm anyone, well at least thats my perception, im sure if they have been seen by the PBA officials as intentionally harming other players they will be sanctioned hard, well perhaps not in the Case of SMB, who seems to be getting out with murder on sanctions and the likes.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: May 02, 2013 at 09:07 PM »
^ok

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #545 on: May 03, 2013 at 08:15 AM »
Calvin Abueva plays rough defense, no different (or to a lesser degree) from many other players e.g. Pingris, Ibanes, Arana, R,Reyes, etc.

As for the flopping and perceived dirty play, I've seen much, much worse from Tubid - who is probably the dirtiest one in the current generation, even when he first came in the league.

As for the other antics e.g. smiling, gestures, tongue wagging, etc ...... many others do this as well.

IMO the reason why many opposing players get irritated by Abueva is because he is legit ...... he is very and uniquely talented.

He doesn't back down despite being a rookie - which is the right attitude all rookies should have.

James Yap & Pingris should cool it ....... Yap has long been the most protected player in the league - the refs calls mostly goes his way and he's crying over someone who plays no different from any of his usual guards e.g. Ibanes, Arana, Tubid, etc.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: May 03, 2013 at 09:31 AM »
Well I never seen Tubid, Arana, Ibanez, Distrito(who also plays very tough and rough defense), etc. in media/public saying to their co-players na "mas pipikunin ko pa cya" or "maglaro na lang ng chess".
Seems kasi parang napakarami na nyang napatunayan at napakagaling para magsalita against his co-players...
If you will compare him to the "Living Legend" Robert Jaworski... ewan ko na lang ???

As I said before, Abueva is indeed a very talented and a player full of potential.
Hindi lang naman sa talent nakikita ang kagalingan ng isang player, pati sa pakikitungo sa ibang players, kakampi man o hindi...

Let na lang his play do the talking at wag na magsalita ng negatibo sa media/public...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2013 at 11:24 AM »
There's really nothing wrong with Abueva's statements. It was James Yap who ran crying to the media first. Abueva was just asked for a reaction. Hindi naman pwedeng di siya sumagot eh sinisiraan na siya ni Yap.

You just see the "mag-chess" part but if you read what he said before that, there was nothing negative about it. Any other player would have said the same. Coaches even say worse.

All Abueva meant was that he'll be even more aggressive to help his team win and hihigatan pa niya yung ginawa niya in Game 2 because it was effective. Never did he say that he will hurt Yap.

Abueva knows how to play to the crowd but he never seeks interviews or complains to the media. He's like Caguioa during his early years. He has always let his game do the talking. When he was slapped in the face by Rob Reyes last conference, he didn't say a thing. When he was hit with a forearm by Aaron Aban in last conference's semis, he didn't say a thing. He didn't even say anything about the hit he took from Najorda in Game 2. His statements have always been reactions to what other people said about him.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013 at 11:25 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2013 at 12:29 PM »
^ Exactly ....... Abueva got way much more than what was perceived as dirty play from him.

That Rob Reyes slam to Abueva's face would have made even Jaworki blush with envy ...... it was that blatant and dangerous.

Abueva never cries out to the media ...... all he gives out to the hard bumps are a smile and wag of the tongue - and fantards watching the game live (read: female and she-males) see this as being arrogant. Tsk Tsk.

James Yap ...... this guy has had a long history of getting the calls fro the refs - when he gets roughed-up with tight defending, he's been known to retaliate ...... just ask Ibanes, Yeo, Arana, etc.

Yap even kicked an import from the blindside, the ran away towards his teammates ......  classy stuff.  ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2013 at 12:56 PM »

Marami talaga asar kay abueva, nung ncaa asar ako dun pag talo letran dahil sa kanya, but sobrang sipag ng bata, you'll appreciate his game when you watch him..

This.

I hated him during his first few years in the NCAA whenever he went up against the Red Lions. Nakakaasar yung mukha at talagang madumi maglaro. Magulang at madami cheapshots. Pero during his last year, naappreciate ko yung puso at galing niya. Dirty player but kung makahustle for the ball, kita mong gustong gusto nya magbasketball.

Si Sakuragi naalala ko sakanya. Masipag na player. Can't hate him now (kasi di na nya papaiyakin ang Red Lions ko. hahaha)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2013 at 01:55 PM »
Calvin Abueva plays rough defense, no different (or to a lesser degree) from many other players e.g. Pingris, Ibanes, Arana, R,Reyes, etc.

As for the flopping and perceived dirty play, I've seen much, much worse from Tubid - who is probably the dirtiest one in the current generation, even when he first came in the league.

As for the other antics e.g. smiling, gestures, tongue wagging, etc ...... many others do this as well.

IMO the reason why many opposing players get irritated by Abueva is because he is legit ...... he is very and uniquely talented.

He doesn't back down despite being a rookie - which is the right attitude all rookies should have.

James Yap & Pingris should cool it ....... Yap has long been the most protected player in the league - the refs calls mostly goes his way and he's crying over someone who plays no different from any of his usual guards e.g. Ibanes, Arana, Tubid, etc.

Uy maganda pala ang PBA ngayon.  As a Red Lion , I used to hate Abueva.  As a basketball fan, I love his guts.  Go the Beast!!

As for James Yap, e talaga cry baby yan.  E si Kris Aquino lang napapaiyak sya, si Abueva pa???

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: May 03, 2013 at 02:01 PM »
All Star na lang pag usapan natin...
Masyado tuloy sumisikat si Yap at Abueva... ;D

Dadating kaya si Yap sa game at magiging teammates sila ni Abueva? ^-^

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: May 03, 2013 at 02:07 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVG--W1xYQI

I think Abueva has been a recipient of so many cheap shots like this one from Rob Reyes.  You can play rough, talk thrash, but you can't hit a person like this.  To me, this has no class indeed.  Not basketball. 

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: May 03, 2013 at 02:37 PM »
I guess this is good for the PBA.  Eto ang gusto ng Pinoy fans, maaksyon, madrama.  That's why the PBA of old (Jawo, Cezar, Fernandez, Patrimonio, Jolas, etc ) was a sure hit to the viewers.  Eto yun gusto ibalik ng PBA.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #554 on: May 03, 2013 at 05:46 PM »
Abueva has been great for the PBA in many ways ....... his play makes for great watching - it's like watching a glorious pile-up (no injuries of course).

He has also energized the significant, but somewhat dormant, ALASKA fanbase a.k.a. non-SMC followers ...... which is good, since a revived ALASKA & a rising RoS brings a much needed set of fans to the PBA - those that give value to league balance and fair play.

Let me add one more aspect which makes Abueva hated by many ...... it's this one very simple fact: Calvin Abueva doesn't play for a SMCorp. team.

===================================================

I'm hoping that the ALL-Star game between GILAS & the PBA selection is played on a serious note ..... not much exhibitions please.

We'll hopefully see the progress of GILAS so far ....... an Abueva confrontation with Douthit will surely bring the house down.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: May 03, 2013 at 07:09 PM »
Those players mentioned above who has not said anything to the media did not simply because they were not media worthy before, no one bothered to ask them anything whether perception or opinion, as all the others who posted above have said, Abueva merely responded to what was ask of him, I dont think a player who was slammed in the face and has not retaliated, or was bullied inside the court has never cried out should be called unprofessional and mayabang, i have not seen him talking to media nor lambasting anyone in media, as what has been always mentioned Abueva just let his game do the talking.

That is the problem sometimes in our society, people would insist what they have perceived in PBA players, its always easy to brand anyone as mayabang or unprofessional, I should know, I have been said of such so many times.

I hate Abueva so much while playing in the amateur becasue of his attitude, but that same attitude is what has endeared him to many PBA fans nowadays, off course not including the haters.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: May 07, 2013 at 09:37 AM »
so....TnT replaced their import....
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: May 07, 2013 at 10:01 AM »
so....TnT replaced their import....

And no Alapag tomorrow while Cagioua could come back for Ginebra. It's looking up for Ginebra. They just need to take advantage of it. I've always believed though, that teams with a lot of key players out are more dangerous. TNT might just do a Chicago tomorrow.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: May 07, 2013 at 01:58 PM »
if alapag will not play, i don't think ginebra will field caguioa in. the new import for TnT could be a disadvantage for BGSM. note that ginebra lost to TnT the first time Jerome Jordan played. and, IIRC, it was the same game where Jordan registered his highest point output....because ginebra does not have any idea how this guy plays.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: May 07, 2013 at 02:26 PM »
A risky but very calculated move by TnT ...... they've never been a team who'll rely on strong post play (an aged Peek is their main post presence for the longest time) and they do need more scoring with the injuries to Alapag, Dillinger & Williams.

Their new import is supposedly a standout scorer in the NBA D-League ...... this could catapult them to the Finals.

Note that this new import looks like the first import recruited under the watch of newly-hired team consultant Andy Jao.

I've long considered Andy Jao (along with Joaqui Trillo) the best team manager/consultant ever in the PBA ....... Jao has had a long he has had a long history of picking-out unheralded local talents and standout imports for teams like Manila Beer, Red Bull, RoS, etc.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: May 07, 2013 at 02:42 PM »
With this moves of tnt, can we expect a high scoring game tom?
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: May 07, 2013 at 03:03 PM »
With this moves of tnt, can we expect a high scoring game tom?

Not likely ...... though I'd be a happy viewer if both team goes off on offense.

RoS is probably the only team in the PBA right now, which can consistently win with high-scoring games. 

Though very capable, TnT doesn't prefer high-scoring games ...... moreso with Norman Black replacing Chot Reyes as coach.

BGK itself has shown nice improvement on the defensive end this conference.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: May 07, 2013 at 03:50 PM »
TnT's new import Tony Mitchell, being the recent Rookie of the Year in NBA D-League, will be a problem in defense for Ginebra, as he is also known to be an explosive scorer. One problem now for TnT is how they wil defend Vernon Macklin. Ryan Reyes and Ali Peak will also be back, Peak could provide that inside defense. Mukhang magiging maganda ang laban bukas!!! Looking forward also sa Alaska-San Mig Coffee game which promises to be physical ;D

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2013 at 09:51 PM »
Not likely ...... though I'd be a happy viewer if both team goes off on offense.

RoS is probably the only team in the PBA right now, which can consistently win with high-scoring games. 

Though very capable, TnT doesn't prefer high-scoring games ...... moreso with Norman Black replacing Chot Reyes as coach.

BGK itself has shown nice improvement on the defensive end this conference.

thanks bro..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2013 at 08:23 PM »
ALASKA wins game 3 despite playing against 8-people on the hardcourt ...... Nice try PBA refs! Try harder the next game.  ;)

Abueva is THE beast ...... win or lose, he'll make it exciting either way with his attitude for the game.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2013 at 08:26 PM »
Now that was some game!

Down 16, Alaska comes from behind to win in OT, 89-82. Abueva backing up his statements. Hinigitan pa niya yung ginawa niya nung previous games. Ngayon, dinagdagan niya ng offense. He spearheaded that rally in the 3rd after being down 16. Tapos team work na ng Alaska the rest of the way. Casio was big in the 4th and Jazul in OT. And Baguio finally showed up especially with that big block on Crybaby Yap that led to Abueva's exclamation dunk.

This win was really a team win. When Jazul missed that point blank game winner, everyone on Alaska supported the guy. Nobody talked about the missed shot. Instead, they just buckled down to work. When Abueva was celebrating already after the dunk, even rarely-used Eddie Laure told Calvin to focus. They know they're not done yet.

Yap was once again a non-factor. Nag-choke pa sa FT nung endgame. Pinapanalo na nga ng referee yung SanMig sa regulation, nag-choke pa si Bowles.

Abueva is really the most hated player in the league now. And it's understandable. He gives his share of cheap shots but he knows how to take them as well. He hit Barroca and tripped Bowles but I think yung tama niya mas marami. Binatukan siya ni Simon, muntik na tamaan ng suntok ni Bowles, tinangkang patirin ni Mallari, sinipa sa ulo ni Devance. I think half the game, he was on the floor. He's really one player you'd love to be on your team but you'd hate when he's not.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 at 08:33 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: May 08, 2013 at 08:55 PM »
Ilang coaches kaya ang naiingit sa alaska because of abueva.. Although it was a team effort, he's the reason kung bakit nakahabol.. That offensive rebound against 3 smc including pingris and their import was impressive.. :)..
The Pats way...

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #567 on: May 08, 2013 at 09:39 PM »
Ilang coaches kaya ang naiingit sa alaska because of abueva.. Although it was a team effort, he's the reason kung bakit nakahabol.. That offensive rebound against 3 smc including pingris and their import was impressive.. :)..

The Beast indeed! Much respect to the guy. :D

on a side note, you must have been proud of your fellow Letran alum for redeeming himself in overtime. hehe

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: May 08, 2013 at 09:58 PM »
Now that was some game!

Down 16, Alaska comes from behind to win in OT, 89-82. Abueva backing up his statements. Hinigitan pa niya yung ginawa niya nung previous games. Ngayon, dinagdagan niya ng offense. He spearheaded that rally in the 3rd after being down 16. Tapos team work na ng Alaska the rest of the way. Casio was big in the 4th and Jazul in OT. And Baguio finally showed up especially with that big block on Crybaby Yap that led to Abueva's exclamation dunk.

This win was really a team win. When Jazul missed that point blank game winner, everyone on Alaska supported the guy. Nobody talked about the missed shot. Instead, they just buckled down to work. When Abueva was celebrating already after the dunk, even rarely-used Eddie Laure told Calvin to focus. They know they're not done yet.

Yap was once again a non-factor. Nag-choke pa sa FT nung endgame. Pinapanalo na nga ng referee yung SanMig sa regulation, nag-choke pa si Bowles.

Abueva is really the most hated player in the league now. And it's understandable. He gives his share of cheap shots but he knows how to take them as well. He hit Barroca and tripped Bowles but I think yung tama niya mas marami. Binatukan siya ni Simon, muntik na tamaan ng suntok ni Bowles, tinangkang patirin ni Mallari, sinipa sa ulo ni Devance. I think half the game, he was on the floor. He's really one player you'd love to be on your team but you'd hate when he's not.

yung ilang player ng Sanmig ang bastos at walang modo eh, sa bawat tama ni Abueva patawa tawa lang, yung batok ni Jun Simon wala mang lang itinawag.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: May 08, 2013 at 10:01 PM »
The Beast indeed! Much respect to the guy. :D

on a side note, you must have been proud of your fellow Letran alum for redeeming himself in overtime. hehe

RJ Jazul is a neighbor of mine or should I say will be( finishing touches na lang yung bahay nya sa subd namin), I had the chance to talk to him and he is very humble and approacheable, I hope he continue to enjoy the playing time given to him and he continue to make the most out of it.