Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110344 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #570 on: May 09, 2013 at 07:00 AM »
RJ Jazul is a neighbor of mine or should I say will be( finishing touches na lang yung bahay nya sa subd namin), I had the chance to talk to him and he is very humble and approacheable, I hope he continue to enjoy the playing time given to him and he continue to make the most out of it.

Bro, you might have missed it ....... Jazul is the featured subject in that Masters facial wash series - the interview shows his new house and shows a bit of your village. Nice.

==============================================================

I fully expect the refs to come back more determined to help SMC in Game 4 ....... it's clear as day, that the refs will do what they can to help SMC during crucial moments - which has been the agenda for decades now, moreso with Yap's arrival.

I recall a funny loose ball sequence last night - one of the refs clearly asks the other ref (who had the better angle) on who will get ball possession.

The other ref points to the ALASKA side ...... the main ref then promptly calls for a jump ball. WTF?

Only howls of protests forces the main ref to make the right call for ALASKA.

Dont get me started on the "foul" on Casio ....... somewhere Chot Reyes and his TnT crew are shaking their heads.  ;)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #571 on: May 09, 2013 at 07:37 AM »
Watching the replay now on youtube.  It's so exciting I missed the first Q of the MIA CHI game.

Anyway, great plays indeed by The Beast, Jazul and former Red Cub JV Casio ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: May 09, 2013 at 07:38 AM »
Bro, you might have missed it ....... Jazul is the featured subject in that Masters facial wash series - the interview shows his new house and shows a bit of your village. Nice.

==============================================================

I fully expect the refs to come back more determined to help SMC in Game 4 ....... it's clear as day, that the refs will do what they can to help SMC during crucial moments - which has been the agenda for decades now, moreso with Yap's arrival.

I recall a funny loose ball sequence last night - one of the refs clearly asks the other ref (who had the better angle) on who will get ball possession.

The other ref points to the ALASKA side ...... the main ref then promptly calls for a jump ball. WTF?

Dont get me started on the "foul" on Casio ....... somewhere Chot Reyes and his TnT crew are shaking their heads.  ;)

OO NGA.  Very dubious calls by the Refs.  Agree.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #573 on: May 09, 2013 at 07:53 AM »
Lamang na sa tawag ung sanmig coffee ko talo pa hahaa..buti balang nakabawi ang tnt ko yahoo
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2013 at 01:26 PM »

yes sir i saw that Master thingy, really nice sundivision indeed, it has one of the more famous resort in Bulacan St Agatha Resort.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2013 at 01:28 PM »

best way to counter this, lakihan ang lamang but easier said than done.

sad state of the PBA, sadly wala yatang governing body na pwedeng manita sa ganitong nangyayari.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #576 on: May 09, 2013 at 01:47 PM »
The Beast indeed! Much respect to the guy. :D

on a side note, you must have been proud of your fellow Letran alum for redeeming himself in overtime. hehe
yes bro, kaya muntik ko na mabatukan, di na dapat umabot ng ot.. Hehe.. Buti nakabawi sa ot.. Stags-red cubs- knights connection.. Not a fan of alaska, pero underdog talaga sila, hope they advance to finals and face ginebra.. Magandang laban un..
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: May 09, 2013 at 03:38 PM »
James Yap was a non factor.  Why? Dyeta sya ni the Beast o injured lang talaga?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #578 on: May 09, 2013 at 04:00 PM »

Bad coaching, mostly. Pinipilit ni Tim Cone. SanMig would have fared better if Simon logged those minutes Yap did. Yap only knows how to shoot. He's not a facilitator and he's a bad defender. Ang bilis pa mawalan ng focus. If he can't score, wala siyang naitutulong sa team niya. Tim Cone can't seem to see that.

Trillo is really outcoaching Tim Cone so far in this series. If not for those bad calls in Game 1, this series would have been a sweep. Good thing for Tim Cone though, they still have the refs on their side. Kaya ang laki pa ng pag-asa ng SanMig. If Tim cone does his job, the refs will do the rest for him.. ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #579 on: May 09, 2013 at 04:04 PM »
Bad coaching, mostly. Pinipilit ni Tim Cone. SanMig would have fared better if Simon logged those minutes Yap did. Yap only knows how to shoot. He's not a facilitator and he's a bad defender. Ang bilis pa mawalan ng focus. If he can't score, wala siyang naitutulong sa team niya. Tim Cone can't seem to see that.

Trillo is really outcoaching Tim Cone so far in this series. If not for those bad calls in Game 1, this series would have been a sweep. Good thing for Tim Cone though, they still have the refs on their side. Kaya ang laki pa ng pag-asa ng SanMig. If Tim cone does his job, the refs will do the rest for him.. ;D

Thank bro.  I rarely watch the PBA but I am tuning in more right now lalo na pag Alaska.  I seem to agree that Yap is a "good" player but definitely not a legend in the making.  I think he's a bit overrated, isn't he?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013 at 04:05 PM by mattia »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #580 on: May 09, 2013 at 04:17 PM »
paramihan sila ng mintis ni Simon, both are overrated.. I liked their PG though..
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: May 09, 2013 at 04:32 PM »
paramihan sila ng mintis ni Simon, both are overrated.. I liked their PG though..

Ohh, para palang si Kobe yan.  Magaleng!!! Hahahaha...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: May 09, 2013 at 04:39 PM »
Thank bro.  I rarely watch the PBA but I am tuning in more right now lalo na pag Alaska.  I seem to agree that Yap is a "good" player but definitely not a legend in the making.  I think he's a bit overrated, isn't he?

Yeah, he's a bit overrated. He can score, sure. But he needs to put up a ton of shots to get to his average.

The thing I hate about Yap is that he relies too much on his superstar status. He doesn't seem to work hard enough to improve his game. SanMig has a lot of scorers in their team but Yap still has a shoot first mentality. His passing never improved. If you watch their games, you'll notice that Tim Cone designs more isolation plays for Simon than Yap. Yap only sees the basket kasi when he has the ball. He's like Kobe in terms of shooting. But Kobe can switch to facilitator mode and still have the same impact. Jame Yap can't do that.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: May 09, 2013 at 05:08 PM »
Yeah, he's a bit overrated. He can score, sure. But he needs to put up a ton of shots to get to his average.

The thing I hate about Yap is that he relies too much on his superstar status. He doesn't seem to work hard enough to improve his game. SanMig has a lot of scorers in their team but Yap still has a shoot first mentality. His passing never improved. If you watch their games, you'll notice that Tim Cone designs more isolation plays for Simon than Yap. Yap only sees the basket kasi when he has the ball. He's like Kobe in terms of shooting. But Kobe can switch to facilitator mode and still have the same impact. Jame Yap can't do that.

Well, in terms of not working hard to improve his game, definitely not like Mamba. 

Sayang, I've seen him play and I think he can work on his passing ability much like the Aerial Voyager, Vergel Meneses who has very good passing ability.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: May 09, 2013 at 05:26 PM »
Kakatawa tong si RJ Jazul - missed a gimme 2 point basket then made 6 points on an and1 and a 3 point shot.  Gusto 3 points! 

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: May 09, 2013 at 07:03 PM »

Spot on ..... Yap is nothing more than a volume shooter; needs to take a ton of shots to get his points.

I've long considered Simon as much better than Yap.

The superstar-entitlement can be blamed on Yap himself and many others ....... since he was in HS, Yap was already being courted by many NCR collegiate squads (Bong Tan won the bidding).

Add the fact that Yap was coached by the very inept Ryan Gregorio - IMO the 2nd worst coach ever in the history of the PBA ......... Gregorio is a speech-maker who has the thinnest playbook in all of pro basketball; that is, GIVE THE BALL TO THE SCORER, EVERYBODY ELSE PLAY SAFETY and/or CRASH THE BOARD.

Sayang, I've seen him play and I think he can work on his passing ability much like the Aerial Voyager, Vergel Meneses who has very good passing ability.

Meneses was indeed a great passer ...... which was mostly an offshoot of his very underrated back-to-the-basket game.

People remember Meneses for his high-flying forays to the basket ...... his post game is hardly remembered, but it was very effective ...... when he had his back to the basket, it usually leads to his patented "banda" shot or an assist to a streaking teammate.

I've always believed that passing is a natural skill ....... many guys have always had it, even during their early years ...... rare are those who 'learn' to pass late in their careers.

For current SG's, it's either you have the passing/setup skills (e.g. Baguio, R.Reyes, Arana, etc.) or you dont (e.g. Yap, David, Caguioa, etc.).

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #586 on: May 09, 2013 at 11:34 PM »
kawawa naman ang idol kong si James Yap :)

i used to watch live uaap games noon and masasabi ko medyo bumaba na rin yung level ng laro niya. but i dont consider him overrated, when it comes to crunch time malakas talaga yung loob niya di gaya nung iba na ayaw ng tumira or ayaw humawak ng bola.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: May 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM »
Spot on ..... Yap is nothing more than a volume shooter; needs to take a ton of shots to get his points.

I've long considered Simon as much better than Yap.

The superstar-entitlement can be blamed on Yap himself and many others ....... since he was in HS, Yap was already being courted by many NCR collegiate squads (Bong Tan won the bidding).

Add the fact that Yap was coached by the very inept Ryan Gregorio - IMO the 2nd worst coach ever in the history of the PBA ......... Gregorio is a speech-maker who has the thinnest playbook in all of pro basketball; that is, GIVE THE BALL TO THE SCORER, EVERYBODY ELSE PLAY SAFETY and/or CRASH THE BOARD.

Meneses was indeed a great passer ...... which was mostly an offshoot of his very underrated back-to-the-basket game.

People remember Meneses for his high-flying forays to the basket ...... his post game is hardly remembered, but it was very effective ...... when he had his back to the basket, it usually leads to his patented "banda" shot or an assist to a streaking teammate.

I've always believed that passing is a natural skill ....... many guys have always had it, even during their early years ...... rare are those who 'learn' to pass late in their careers.

For current SG's, it's either you have the passing/setup skills (e.g. Baguio, R.Reyes, Arana, etc.) or you dont (e.g. Yap, David, Caguioa, etc.).

For me one of the best passers is not a guard but a center = Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez.  Once called a point center because he can dribble and bring down the ball.  He is the 2nd in all time assists, next to Jawo.  3rd is Dindo Pumaren.  During his days in Tanduay, Fernandez was making 15, 20 assists per game.  He was such a joy to watch. 

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: May 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM »
For me one of the best passers is not a guard but a center = Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez.  Once called a point center because he can dribble and bring down the ball.  He is the 2nd in all time assists, next to Jawo.  3rd is Dindo Pumaren.  During his days in Tanduay, Fernandez was making 15, 20 assists per game.  He was such a joy to watch. 

During a time when height dictated the position you play, Fernandez could have played all five positions easily. He is arguably, the best ever. Even when he was supposedly throwing games, he would still average in almost triple double. While Jaworski was the master of intimidation, Fernandez worked his "gulang" and "paninira" in such a finesse way that referees fail to see it.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: May 10, 2013 at 06:45 AM »
El Presidente was just a standout during the golden era of the PBA ..... those magical elbows gave out a million "inadvertent" hits on the way to a million elegant shots.  ;D

OT: Me and a few friends ate at Dencio's in Tagaytay, when it first opened many years ago ..... during the middle of dinner, a brownout occurred.

After a few minutes, out came the owner of the place - El Presidente himself. He apologized for the inconvenience and promptly gave out bill discounts to everyone there ..... I even got to shake hands with the legend.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: May 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM »
what a game.....series tied.

TnT could have won it...if only Mitchell was not that over-eager to be the "i won it for the team" guy. he even missed a lay-up!

great match-up between the two reinforcements. 45 for mitchell and 38 (iirc) for macklin. macklin was dead tired after the game.

it will be an exciting, and very physical game 5 on sunday.

the pressure is on SanMig to tie their own series tomorrow.

on another note, it was a very brave statement from Jolas when they were interviewing Macklin, referring to the FFP1 committed by VMack on Ranidel --- "i'm sure he did something stupid that's why you reacted that way".
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #591 on: May 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM »
Pambihira 'yung play ng Ginebra, isa lang. Give Macklin the ball at the low post sa left corner, buong gabi ginamit 'yung play na 'yun, buti na lang nanalo pa.  ;D

Tony Mitchell turning out to be a Tony Harris in the making, the Greatest Ball Hog of All Time.  :-X

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #592 on: May 11, 2013 at 08:05 AM »
Actually both teams relied heavily on their imports.
Post up play for Ginebra...
Isolation game for TnT...

Tomorrow will be an all out WAR!

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #593 on: May 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM »
pasira ung isolation play ng tnt kay mitchell..

check na check....

puro kanan ung drive  - ang daming error....
hindi na pumapasa - kasi at the moment he doesnt trust his team members yet
Love me or hate me.....

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #594 on: May 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM »
pasira ung isolation play ng tnt kay mitchell..

check na check....

puro kanan ung drive  - ang daming error....
hindi na pumapasa - kasi at the moment he doesnt trust his team members yet

Sana ganyan ulit laro nya bukas para manalo Gin Kings, hehehehe ;D

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #595 on: May 11, 2013 at 03:48 PM »
some of drives of mitchell sa end game makikita mo may foul talaga. one replay even showed hatfield holding him down. problema is lagi siya nagcomplain sa refs. iba rin talaga kapag ginebra ang kalaban :)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #596 on: May 11, 2013 at 07:57 PM »
Nothing new so far in the ongoing game4 between ALASKA & SMC ....... refs doing all they can to help SMC win.

;)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2013 at 07:59 PM »
Abueva taking charges in the 4th. flop or not, he sells it well. hehe

***si JV Casio pag tinitingnan ko mukha talagang tricycle driver lang sa kanto. mukha pang napapanot.hahaha

pero shooter talaga.

***and abueva ties the game while typing this!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 977
« Reply #598 on: May 11, 2013 at 08:10 PM »
early foul trouble si casio pero di sya pinull out ni coach and its paying off.

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 977
« Reply #599 on: May 11, 2013 at 08:18 PM »
dozier!!!!