Author Topic: PBA Season 38  (Read 110404 times)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #810 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 09:36 AM »
Ginebra won't trade 'building block' Ellis to get Asi Taulava, insists Eala

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/eala-denies-ginebra-trading-ellis-to-meralco-for-taulava-rumor-pba

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #811 on: Jun 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM »
Baclao has near reached his peak - when he was in college. Tells you a lot when no plays are being called for you, from college through the pros.

That's how limited he is offensively ....... he's on the same boat with majority of bigs nowadays.

Baclao has great timing for blocking shots near his zipcode and has half-decent rebounding skills ...... however, he has no polished inside game and his decent mid-ranged jumper is his major source of whatever points he gets.

Gone are the days of the alpha-dog bigs. The last generation had more than a few of those e.g. Ildefonso, Menk, Espino, D.Seigle, Aquino, Hawkins, Limpot, Pablo, Raymundo, etc.

Note: Did not even include those undersized PF's e.g. Locsin and Fil-shams e.g. Harp, Taulava & Pena (yup, these 3 are all Fil-shams).

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #812 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:14 AM »
Baclao has near reached his peak - when he was in college. Tells you a lot when no plays are being called for you, from college through the pros.

xxx

Baclao has great timing for blocking shots near his zipcode and has half-decent rebounding skills ...... however, he has no polished inside game and his decent mid-ranged jumper is his major source of whatever points he gets.

Gone are the days of the alpha-dog bigs. The last generation had more than a few of those e.g. Ildefonso, Menk, Espino, D.Seigle, Aquino, Hawkins, Limpot, Pablo, Raymundo, etc.

Note: Did not even include those undersized PF's e.g. Locsin and Fil-shams e.g. Harp, Taulava & Pena (yup, these 3 are all Fil-shams).

Baclao has potential. IIRC, he was one of the most sought after rookies during his batch. but he was not properly utilized. perhaps because he lacks size and heft. and, as pointed out, his main source of points is the perimeter, not inside the paint. para syang si bosh --- a big playing on the outside.

ah, yes.....Noli Locsin. he is a rare breed. i hope a player like him comes along again. he suddenly "disappeared" when he left ginebra.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 08:15 AM »
another rumor

Air21 plans to snatch Asi and Baclao from Meralco...and then send Asi to Ginebra for Maierhofer.

If i were ginebra, i'd stick with the original proposal...so that they'd get rid of urbiztondo.

edit: air21 will send Baclao in exchange for Asi...
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2013 at 08:58 AM by -sniper- »
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 08:40 AM »
Baclao has potential. IIRC, he was one of the most sought after rookies during his batch. but he was not properly utilized. perhaps because he lacks size and heft. and, as pointed out, his main source of points is the perimeter, not inside the paint. para syang si bosh --- a big playing on the outside.

ah, yes.....Noli Locsin. he is a rare breed. i hope a player like him comes along again. he suddenly "disappeared" when he left ginebra.

Baclao definitely has the size ....... however he is slow and non-athletic (like many disappointing bigs we've seen in the PBA through the years e.g. Punzalan, L.David, Buenaventura, Legaspi, Morelos, etc).

He has no back-to-the-basket game which should be essential for bigs like him ....... any few points he gets in the few minutes he plays, are always mid-ranged jumpers.

Locsin had a great combination of heft and quickness ...... those spins of his makes for great TV. Too bad that injuries, the arrival of Filams and rumors of drug use pushed him to early retirement.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 12:50 PM »
Locsin had a great combination of heft and quickness ...... those spins of his makes for great TV. Too bad that injuries, the arrival of Filams and rumors of drug use pushed him to early retirement.

plus the hang-time, which seemed impossible owing to his size and weight. the flying tank......

never heard he had injuries. well, perhaps because i stopped following him when he left ginebra. yung issue on drug use came up when he was still active? i thought it came out after his retirement. the drugs issue included Jun Limpot, right sir? and other players, iirc.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 07:29 PM »
plus the hang-time, which seemed impossible owing to his size and weight. the flying tank......

never heard he had injuries. well, perhaps because i stopped following him when he left ginebra. yung issue on drug use came up when he was still active? i thought it came out after his retirement. the drugs issue included Jun Limpot, right sir? and other players, iirc.

IIRC the drugs issue popped-up when he was still playing, though he was all but invisible due to his poor play ...... yup, it included Jun Limpot as well.

Locsin was a freakish athlete during his time ...... along with Asaytono - undersized PF's with great hops.

Everyone wishes that he had played a while longer.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 11:02 PM »
IIRC the drugs issue popped-up when he was still playing, though he was all but invisible due to his poor play ...... yup, it included Jun Limpot as well.

Locsin was a freakish athlete during his time ...... along with Asaytono - undersized PF's with great hops.

Everyone wishes that he had played a while longer.

yeah...me included. how i admired locsin back then. and how i wished i played like him. sayang, di sya naging mvp.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
« Reply #818 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 04:48 PM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Re: PBA Season 38
« Reply #819 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 08:40 PM »
PBA sets fine for ‘flopping’

Nakikigaya sa nba haha. Pati fine 5k din in pesos lang.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 08:41 PM »

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
« Reply #821 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 08:50 PM »
yari si Ronald Tubid. :P

sino pa ba sir ibang "best actor" sa pba?  >:D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Jul 05, 2013 at 09:51 PM »
sino pa ba sir ibang "best actor" sa pba?  >:D

To a certain degree, a good portion of the player population will flop.

But there are some standouts in the art of flopping in the PBA ....... the absolute lord and master of flopping is Ronald Tubid ...... the brash new blood is Calvin Abueva.

Other flopping standouts are Tenorio, Artadi, Chan, Castro, Barocca, Pennisi (not even including that ball strike at his bald head).  ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Jul 15, 2013 at 02:54 PM »
Sumasali na sa drama ang Ginebra. And Hatfield has retired again.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/ginebra-coach-alfrancis-chua-resigns

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #824 on: Jul 15, 2013 at 03:52 PM »
nagsimula yan nung alisin sila Juno & Caidic sa coaching staffs  :P
kagagawan ni eala yan, lahat kasi pinakikialaman   :o
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Jul 15, 2013 at 06:41 PM »
the coaching staff re-shuffling was allegedly the main reason why chua left. this was also the reason why the big j resigned back then.

nakaka-asar naman talaga ung ganun. babatuhan ka ng makakasama mo sa coaching staff without you knowing it.

Offline bunnygod

• Trade Count: (+155)
  • DVD Guru
  • lay down thy raincoat and groove!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #826 on: Jul 16, 2013 at 01:19 AM »
yeah...me included. how i admired locsin back then. and how i wished i played like him. sayang, di sya naging mvp.

noli locsin was one of my favorite players back in the days!
from start to finish, i was proud to fall...

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Jul 16, 2013 at 01:14 PM »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #828 on: Jul 16, 2013 at 01:51 PM »
The SMC group of teams are certainly goin no where with those shuffling and exchanging of players.
I dont understand why Ramon Ang is allowing this state of confusions to happen in all his teams.
Its pretty obvious there's absolutely NO CHEMISTRY among the coaching staffs and the players.
The players dont really have time to develop and bond with one other.
That's the main reason why Alaska got the edge over other teams.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
PBA Season 38
« Reply #829 on: Jul 17, 2013 at 01:11 PM »
Ok lng naman reshuffling sa part ng GSM and SMC..ung Petron lang nmn problem kasi may conflict sa top players

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Jul 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM »
yes, re-shuffling is ok. but not if done as frequently as eala does it. you will never attain chemistry with the way he is re-shuffling not only players but the coaching staff as well.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM »
yes, re-shuffling is ok. but not if done as frequently as eala does it. you will never attain chemistry with the way he is re-shuffling not only players but the coaching staff as well.

Ang medyo hnd pinapakialaman ni Eala ay un San Mig Coffee becoz of his high respect to Tim Cone while the other SMC teams ang gulo gulo ng shauffling of players and coaches.

So did Coach Al quit BGK for good or was he convinced to stay?
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM »
Ang medyo hnd pinapakialaman ni Eala ay un San Mig Coffee becoz of his high respect to Tim Cone

i don't think respect is an appropriate term. he does not know a thing about respect. takot, siguro, would be a better term.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #833 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM »
dapat 1 company 1 team. No sister companies umbrella corps. 

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM »
or at least, katulad nung dati --- limited to two

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 04:16 PM »
Eala out as SMC consultant for basketball operations after 're-assignment'

Despite a new role for Eala, SMC assures fans its basketball teams will 'continue to run smoothly'

It would be funny if, in a few months, fans will clamor for Chua's exit naman for poor performance. He won't be coaching sa 3rd conference but he'll be back next season. But I really don't see Chua lasting long as coach of Ginebra.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 at 04:18 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 04:24 PM »
Ang medyo hnd pinapakialaman ni Eala ay un San Mig Coffee becoz of his high respect to Tim Cone while the other SMC teams ang gulo gulo ng shauffling of players and coaches.

So did Coach Al quit BGK for good or was he convinced to stay?

It was Tim Cone himself who demanded that Eala grant him full-control of BMEG prior to signing on with SMCorp ...... hence, he gets to select players and imports (e.g. Blakely, Bowles) - while BGK & PET's imports came from Toroman before (ex. Vroman).

Tim Cone is a big hypocrite ...... but the man knows his basketball.

Apparently Chualay was convinced at the last minute to file an indefinite leave, instead of resignation ....... must be due to the fact that Noli Eala has been removed from running SMCorp basketball operations !!

It's a great day for SMCorp teams followers.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #837 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 09:14 PM »
gone are the days players identified with teams kaya loyal fanatic fans sa teams nplayers
Panay rigodon players palitan pa ng team names.

Dati co,cezar guidaben fabiosa adornado hubalde crispa agad
Jawo arnaiz fernandez king tuadles toyota
Maski nung nagdisband may following pa rin ginebra anejo sanmiguel etc

Ngayon ?

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Jul 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM »
Eala out as SMC consultant for basketball operations after 're-assignment'

Despite a new role for Eala, SMC assures fans its basketball teams will 'continue to run smoothly'

It would be funny if, in a few months, fans will clamor for Chua's exit naman for poor performance. He won't be coaching sa 3rd conference but he'll be back next season. But I really don't see Chua lasting long as coach of Ginebra.

Then who takes over Eala's place in trading/shuffling the coaches and players in SMC teams?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #839 on: Jul 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM »
Then who takes over Eala's place in trading/shuffling the coaches and players in SMC teams?

Robert Non Sir
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC