Author Topic: 2.1 or 3.0 HT setup?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline uybrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2.1 or 3.0 HT setup?
« on: Oct 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM »
Guys,
Need your opinions, after my 2.0 ht setup, what would be my next in line speaker? Center or a sub?
like us on facebook.com/amerex2013

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: 2.1 or 3.0 HT setup?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
subwoofer...

Offline uybrian

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM »
If ever i chose center speaker, do i still need to use the YPao system? Or applicable lang ang YPAO pag maysub kana sa system mo?

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
Not sure how the this calibration system works, but if you choose the center first. You would loose out on the bass frequencies unless you have Fronts that can produce bass. The fronts can do double duty as center speakers specially if most of the time theres one listener in the sweet spot. Actually if you have one listener who is always  between the left and right speakers, you "may" do away with the center. 

If ever i chose center speaker, do i still need to use the YPao system? Or applicable lang ang YPAO pag maysub kana sa system mo?

Offline uybrian

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply, actually its very hard to appreciate and configure when you havent bought the complete system, thats why i ask what would be next, 2.1 or 3.0 ht setup?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 07:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply, actually its very hard to appreciate and configure when you havent bought the complete system, thats why i ask what would be next, 2.1 or 3.0 ht setup?

If hindi ka masyadong particular sa low frequencies, i'd go for a center channel for better dialog. Pero kung ako, like master qguy, sub ako.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 07:59 AM »
+1 to master qguy and master Nelsons suggestion.  The dialog is still audible with a 2.1 setup and would be more useful when you listen to music.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline bongerds

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • audio enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM »
I'll go for subwoofer specially if you watch more of action movies. center is dedicated for dialogue.

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM »
+1 on subs, tapos after mga ilang araw, bili ka na rin center para 3.1 tapos after a few weeks a pair of surrounds naman  >:D

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, the center channel is not for dialogue. The center channel primary use is to anchor the audio to the CENTER of the screen for listeners who are not on the sweet spot. It just so happens that most of the dialogue is on the center of the screen.

If you listen to a properly setup 2 channel system and play any vocal tracks and sit in the sweet spot, the Voice is on the CENTER stage even if there is no CENTER speaker. Now if you sit closer to to the right speaker, all the sound will be coming from the Right Speaker.  To fix this AUDIO / Video "disconnect" a CENTER channel is used to LOCK the audio to the center of the screen, regarless if the sound is from a person or a car crashing towards you.

If it was for dialogue, it would been called the "Voice" or "Dialogue"  speaker :-)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, the center channel is not for dialogue. The center channel primary use is to anchor the audio to the CENTER of the screen for listeners who are not on the sweet spot. It just so happens that most of the dialogue is on the center of the screen.

If you listen to a properly setup 2 channel system and play any vocal tracks and sit in the sweet spot, the Voice is on the CENTER stage even if there is no CENTER speaker. Now if you sit closer to to the right speaker, all the sound will be coming from the Right Speaker.  To fix this AUDIO / Video "disconnect" a CENTER channel is used to LOCK the audio to the center of the screen, regarless if the sound is from a person or a car crashing towards you.

If it was for dialogue, it would been called the "Voice" or "Dialogue"  speaker :-)

Eh di dapat anchor channel ang tawag.  ;D

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
Bagay lang yung ANCHOR speaker pag Titanic ang palabas, kaya Center na lang daw para generic

Eh di dapat anchor channel ang tawag.  ;D

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 06:49 PM »
Hows the distance in-between your 2 speakers? if it's less than 8 feet, in my opinion, hindi masyadong litaw yung separation so better get the sub first.

Offline intellution

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 09:22 PM »
+1 on sub.

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 09:35 PM »
3.1 at the very least. Some surround effects are sent to the front L and F channels which can sometimes mimic having rears.

Offline uybrian

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 01:05 AM »
Im convinced, sub it is. Just need to save money for that. Thanks peeps