Author Topic: Bose accoustimass sattelite speaker for surround  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Chancellor

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Bose accoustimass sattelite speaker for surround
« on: May 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM »
Can I use Bose accoustimas satellite speaker for sorround without using the bass module. Thanks

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bose accoustimass sattelite speaker for surround
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM »
i think you'll be fine bose speakers but those cubes are meant to be paired with there bass module.
just make sure yor receiver can drive  4 ohm speakers.

Offline Chancellor

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM »
Help mga brother I dont know what to do. Other ok lang mag connect ng satellite speaker directly to avr. NOTE I will jut use it for sorround.  Kasi yung bass module nasira ni ondoy flood thanks

Offline remington

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013 at 01:01 PM »
Can I use Bose accoustimas satellite speaker for sorround without using the bass module. Thanks
I have tried this before. I used onkyo tx-sr506 and 2 red line bose double cubes for my back surround. I have used it for more or less 2 years and its ok naman. sold the onkyo to my friend and up to this very moment its still serving him fine.The red lines are also sold!
tube + audio nirvana = beyond...

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013 at 03:38 PM »
Bose are tiny little cubes consume 4 ohm, but the drivers are small so its not going to be that hard to drive. I think a decent mid range receiver like onkyo 616 and above can handle it. Set the crossovers to 120hz, cause there small.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2013 at 07:41 AM »
This is yes, as long as you set your speakers on your receiver as small. Just make sure your subwoofers are set correctly not only LFE. With the correct setting it will work fine.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline mak_mak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM »

Yes, but not recommended,..." Even with bass management,
hooking-up direct could well provide a considerable risk to the health of your speakers and receiver. Those are only 2" cones in there. The bass module does provide filtering for the satellites before sending the signal out.  The entire crossover network is in the Bass module, and if you tried to connect the cubes direct to the amp, they would blow. "  It happened to my acoustimass 16 Series 2...ELEKSIS techs don't recommend such connection as well.
     A 10inch driver nga as surround nag clip pa, how much more for a 2 inch cone?
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 09:19 AM »
Yes, but not recommended,..." Even with bass management,
hooking-up direct could well provide a considerable risk to the health of your speakers and receiver. Those are only 2" cones in there. The bass module does provide filtering for the satellites before sending the signal out.  The entire crossover network is in the Bass module, and if you tried to connect the cubes direct to the amp, they would blow. "  It happened to my acoustimass 16 Series 2...ELEKSIS techs don't recommend such connection as well.
     A 10inch driver nga as surround nag clip pa, how much more for a 2 inch cone?

With the correct setting. Mine already 10 years and now change it to Jewel Speakers even more smaller and use it for 3 years already as my Back Surrounds.
Not recommended if you don't know how to setup correctly.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline mak_mak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM »
With the correct setting. Mine already 10 years and now change it to Jewel Speakers even more smaller and use it for 3 years already as my Back Surrounds.
Not recommended if you don't know how to setup correctly.
good for you sir, unlucky for me, well, i believed we set it correctly, too bad 2 cubes got busted.  Now, im using 6 double jewel cubes and i dont want to risk it again, sayang, ma 3 extra double jewel cubes pa naman ako for 9.1 configuration...
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 at 07:21 PM by mak_mak »
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp