Author Topic: Assistance to a Newbie in getting a BD Player and TV  (Read 1547 times)

Offline khumpleetist

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Assistance to a Newbie in getting a BD Player and TV
« on: Oct 29, 2012 at 08:32 PM »
Hi to all. I am planning to buy a LED TV and a Bluray player by either the end of November or mid December. I'm new to Bluray and would settle for entry level hardware. I'm currently torn between Sony's KLV-24EX430 and KLV-32EX330 (?) TVs and Samsung's EH4003 for the TV selections. The TV would be placed inside my room rather than the living room.

Now for the player I might get the Sony BDP-S380 but recommendations are most welcome since newbie nga ako. I'm looking for a player that can be hooked up to the internet for the BD-Live option. Plus points if there is a region free (BD) Bluray player which is available locally but this wouldn't be a major issue since I might go for US BDs only and would just get another player if I'd consider getting BDs with region B & C coding. I wouldn't mind the DVD region coding since it would only be dedicated to BDs but if such a player with free region coding for BD and DVD is available locally then I might go for it.

There'd be no audio or speaker or whatever-you-call-it set-up yet since I'd rather go for that when I get a new house. My budget for these items would be around 25k - 30k.

By the way, when I mentioned locally, I meant it here in Manila but kung sa province eh okay pa rin.

Another question pala. Do you know where to get blank BDs (50gb) since I plan to back-up my BDs?

Thanks in advance to all who read this and especially those who would reply.

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Assistance to a Newbie in getting a BD Player and TV
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2012 at 09:21 PM »
IF ENTRY-level is what you're contentedly keen on having, I'm selling off my PANASONIC BD35. This unit originally sells for P24,000 - I'm selling off at P3,950.00, courier cost included. Kindly read authoritative reviews of this model through the online editions of WHATHIFI, Home Theater Magazine, Sound & Vision and dozen other video-centric review sites all of which has some nice words to say about the BD35. Unlike presently manufactured BD players which are puny, flimsy and in the case of Samsungs WOULD actually worked for a mere 90 days (di po ako nagbibiro, this is how haphazardly made this equipments are) - the BD35 weighs substantially, you can see for yourself, Sir, that it has serious electronics inside. I'm selling this low because I need the money. Saw also your post which comes off empathizing because I once started like you in the hobby and likewise asked the same questions. You could test personally or placed your utmost confidence by getting this mail-order from me. ALICE GO #09202-833-970...