Author Topic: The Amazing Race Philippines 2  (Read 18902 times)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Amazing Race Philippines 2
« Reply #60 on: Nov 02, 2014 at 09:39 PM »
Okay lang yan. Kung TAR-Philippines, 6 episodes a week, napapanood mo, e di kayang kayang habulin yan, one week lang. :P

It took a weekend. I'm caught up. ;D

But I'm glad nainis na yung producers sa helping out other teams by whispering the answer after you solve it, at malinaw na pinagbawal in the last clue. Haha!

It actually said in the clue? I didn't see it. At the surfboard challenge? Buti naman!
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014 at 08:45 AM by sardaukar »

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Nov 03, 2014 at 03:34 PM »
O.T.  The Amazing Race 25 returns in the Philippines.  Kaya pala familiar yung pinakita na lugar sa sneak peek noong last episode.

http://www.urbantribe.ph/welcome-back-phil-the-amazing-race-revisits-the-philippines-for-its-25th-season/

According to information collated from various websites, the globetrotters flew to Manila sometime in June and completed two legs in Cavite and Manila.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #62 on: Nov 04, 2014 at 09:22 AM »
It actually said in the clue? I didn't see it. At the surfboard challenge? Buti naman!

Yup!

=====

My ox is BROKEN!!!

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014 at 09:23 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 04, 2014 at 09:31 AM »
I have that book!  :D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Dec 09, 2014 at 10:18 PM »
That might have been the most boring finale in the history of this franchise. Two of the last challenges were "wait your turn" challenges, giving no team any chance to overtake a team in front of them. And editing the tasks so it seems they're doing a task simultaneously when you never see any teams together in the same frame is just insulting to the viewer.

But the strongest team won, and the runners up were the teams that seemed like they needed the prize money, so okay lang.

=====

Meanwhile, on the US version of the show: Never has the Philippines looked more Third World on this franchise than it did last week. I can't believe they made contestants swim in Manila Bay! LOL

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #65 on: Dec 09, 2014 at 11:09 PM »

Meanwhile, on the US version of the show: Never has the Philippines looked more Third World on this franchise than it did last week. I can't believe they made contestants swim in Manila Bay! LOL

that was really bad, dami namang magandang mapupuntahan dito, doon pa sila dinala ... kahit sa Makati man lang sana ... hopefully they stay in the Philippines for the next episode and punta naman sila sa Palawan or other tourist sites in the Philippines, that's what they did on season 5
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #66 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 09:02 AM »
that was really bad, dami namang magandang mapupuntahan dito, doon pa sila dinala ... kahit sa Makati man lang sana ... hopefully they stay in the Philippines for the next episode and punta naman sila sa Palawan or other tourist sites in the Philippines, that's what they did on season 5

TAR makes the contestants experience the culture of the country they visit (most of the times), and as much as we hate it, what TAR showed was true: naked children left to fend on their own in the middle of the streets, garbage dump in a vacant lot, tricycles and pedestrians everywhere, etc.

TAR just showed us a big mirror. This country has a lot of improvement to do to lift its image.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 07:28 PM »
That might have been the most boring finale in the history of this franchise. Two of the last challenges were "wait your turn" challenges, giving no team any chance to overtake a team in front of them. And editing the tasks so it seems they're doing a task simultaneously when you never see any teams together in the same frame is just insulting to the viewer.

But the strongest team won, and the runners up were the teams that seemed like they needed the prize money, so okay lang.

You finished it! Akala ko you dropped it na, eh, hehe. What was that drama between Matt and Phoebe and Jet and Yna? I just caught the tail end of it.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 07:51 PM »
You finished it! Akala ko you dropped it na, eh, hehe. What was that drama between Matt and Phoebe and Jet and Yna? I just caught the tail end of it.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I miss the shrill shriek of "CHEFFFF!," the Brit-accented "Babe!," and the stupid boys shouting "Boom!" and singing/dancing like idiots at the pit stops.  ::)

Yna went up their room to tell them to look at the view since it was a beautiful night. Matt told her she should get lost, she was a hypocrite, pretending to be their friend when they Yielded them. Jet tells him not to talk to his sister that way. Matt starts shoving Jet repeatedly, and eventually makes a fist. The siblings retreat, Yna is hysterical crying since "Hindi kami sumali sa Amazing Race para tulak-tulakin." LOL
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2014 at 07:54 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Dec 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM »
TAR makes the contestants experience the culture of the country they visit (most of the times), and as much as we hate it, what TAR showed was true: naked children left to fend on their own in the middle of the streets, garbage dump in a vacant lot, tricycles and pedestrians everywhere, etc.

TAR just showed us a big mirror. This country has a lot of improvement to do to lift its image.

what I mean is that the contestants should be able to enjoy the country like what they did on some other stages, not to hide the reality ... people usually travel to other places to enjoy what's good ... first time they went here, they almost plied the same route, but they had another stage in Palawan which the contestants really liked - our tourism department was involved at that time

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #70 on: Dec 11, 2014 at 08:10 AM »
what I mean is that the contestants should be able to enjoy the country like what they did on some other stages, not to hide the reality ... people usually travel to other places to enjoy what's good ... first time they went here, they almost plied the same route, but they had another stage in Palawan which the contestants really liked - our tourism department was involved at that time

It looks like you'll be disappointed. This week's episode will continue to be in the Philippines and the contestants will be driving a tri-sikad and one team will crash it on a van.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 11, 2014 at 06:40 PM »
I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I miss the shrill shriek of "CHEFFFF!," the Brit-accented "Babe!," and the stupid boys shouting "Boom!" and singing/dancing like idiots at the pit stops.  ::)

Yna went up their room to tell them to look at the view since it was a beautiful night. Matt told her she should get lost, she was a hypocrite, pretending to be their friend when they Yielded them. Jet tells him not to talk to his sister that way. Matt starts shoving Jet repeatedly, and eventually makes a fist. The siblings retreat, Yna is hysterical crying since "Hindi kami sumali sa Amazing Race para tulak-tulakin." LOL

Thanks. They certainly didn't get the "hero edit".

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 03:43 PM »
When the hell did anyone ever refer to Fort Santiago as Fort San Diego?  >:(

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #73 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 03:54 PM »
english slang pronunciation  :o
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM »
the detour where they played basketball in the last leg was where I grew up - J. Bocobo, Malate, Manila ... we also played basketball in the exact same area, but the ring was on the other side of the road, and the board just attached to a tree :)

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #75 on: Dec 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM »
When the hell did anyone ever refer to Fort Santiago as Fort San Diego?  >:(

when they mentioned fort san diego, i asked myself "san yun?".....fort santiago pala! idiot staff, minsan lang pumunta philippines mali mali pa.

the detour where they played basketball in the last leg was where I grew up - J. Bocobo, Malate, Manila ... we also played basketball in the exact same area, but the ring was on the other side of the road, and the board just attached to a tree :)
theres a dentist there in that area.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM »
the detour where they played basketball in the last leg was where I grew up - J. Bocobo, Malate, Manila

Our unofficial frat house when I was in med school at UPCM was also on that street. I got drunk there A LOT in the 1990s.  ;D

My Manila-based historian friend clarified the error: The pit stop was actually at Baluarte de San Diego, also in Intramuros. Mukhang nahalo nila yung Fort Santiago sa Baluarte de San Diego.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #77 on: Jan 02, 2015 at 10:36 AM »
nagmarathon ako nung amazing race season 25 kahapon, parang nakita ko gate ni streetsmart  >:D
all the while i thought si buzz lightyear yung mananalo ang lakas nila eh
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)