Author Topic: Global Destiny  (Read 24409 times)

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Global Destiny
« on: Oct 30, 2003 at 02:12 PM »
Per channel 19 of Destiny Cable, it will be entering into an "alliance" with Global Cable TV starting Nov. 2 and will henceforth be known as  Global Destiny.

Any Global CAble TV subscribers here?  Meron bang Solar Sports, Star World, AXN, ESPN, Star Sports dun?  :-\  

any channel will be a most welcome addition.  Half the time I feel like I'm paying for free tv - ubos na talaga ang channels ng destiny if you're into sports or tv shows.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2003 at 11:17 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re:Global Destiny
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 02:58 PM »
The only thing I really missed with the old Destiny was Star Mandarin. Other than that, I'm perfectly content with TechTV,  Now, Discovery Travel and Leisure and Channel V -- that is, until tennis season arrives.  ;D

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 03:20 PM »
Its NBA season already.  I don't think I can last another season without access to it, the latest Shaq and Kobe episode notwithstanding. I wanna see Lebron, check out if he really is Magic with Michael's athleticism.  I want to see how Dallas makes sense of their starting line up.  I want to see if Lamar Odom can actually last an entire season, if AI can live with Glenn Robinson, if Van Horn can last in New York.    

I missed the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open this year.  I can't believe I wasn't able to watch how that young pitcher from the Marlins beat the Yankees.  I even miss the NFL!  

I was seriously thinking of switching back to Home Cable until I saw channel 19.  Gives me hope.

Offline acidburn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 04:12 PM »
alam ko may wowow ang global. he he he.  ;D
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline USP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a wallaby...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:18 PM »
I used to  be a Destiny subscriber and switched to Global several months ago.

Meron Star World, AXN, ESPN, Star Sports plus some movie channels not present in the old Destiny lineup. No Solar sports and TechTV  

Per channel 19 of Destiny Cable, it will be entering into an "alliance" with Global Cable TV starting Nov. 2 and will henceforth be known as Global Destiny.  

Any Global CAble TV subscribers here?  Meron bang Solar Sports, Star World, AXN, ESPN, Star Sports dun?  Please?
 :-\   any channel will be a most welcome addition.  Half the time I feel like I'm paying for free tv - ubos na talaga ang channels ng destiny if you're into sports or tv shows.  

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:29 PM »
USP,

thanks.  sayang wala pa ring solar, but espn and star sports will have to do in the meantime.  at least i get to watch 2 games a week, in addition to IBC's coverage (kung meron pa).  

global gains tech tv, and maybe discovery travel?  

can you confirm if there is wowow channel in global?  

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:35 PM »
Woohoo!

AXN is back on Destiny right now!  :)

Channel 30.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:45 PM »
Woohoo!

AXN is back on Destiny right now!  :)

Channel 30.

was just going to post this.  i'm so much happier now, with the promise of things to come.  i know, mababaw ang kaligayahan ko, pero ganyan talaga ang tv junkie.

anyway,  makapagbayad na nga ng destiny bill ko  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:47 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline USP

• Collector
  • I'm a wallaby...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 05:50 PM »
Wowow is sometimes broadcast over channel 42.  However, no more of the stuff a lot of us would probably want to watch.  Some people  complained to the NTC a couple of months back about the questionable content and as a result Global was forced to discontinue these.

I hate it when other people decide what I can and can not view on my own subscription service.  Pag ayaw nila, wag sila manood...

can you confirm if there is wowow channel in global?  

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 10:47 PM »
Wowow is sometimes broadcast over channel 42.  However, no more of the stuff a lot of us would probably want to watch.  Some people  complained to the NTC a couple of months back about the questionable content and as a result Global was forced to discontinue these.

I hate it when other people decide what I can and can not view on my own subscription service.  Pag ayaw nila, wag sila manood...

The tyranny of the minority, that's what I call it.

Offline Don_Camote

• Collector
  • Have a good one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 09:02 AM »
Like you Tonedeaf, I'm also a sports fan,  I stayed with Destiny (after leaving Home) even though I missed every F1, Tennis match.  Have always been tempted to switch, but I'd be helping form a monopoly.  Was content with the 30 minute CNN World Sports and that Bloomberg style EuroSportNews (but now it's also gone).   Other than sports, I love the Discovery Channel, TechTV and Reality TV.  I would say I'll quit Destiny if Discovery is gone.  But it seems, things are going to get better...

Saw the Japanese feed of the Sonics - Clippers game in Japan fed by NHK BS1.  Destiny's channel 90 last night.  Pinagtiagaan ko na kahit japanese announcers.  Alternately swapping the taped Cavs (that Lebron kid is good!) game on IBC.  

Solar Sports BTW is shown on Ch 56 but fuzzy.  Destiny says they are negotiating it to be shown.  

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 09:28 AM »
anyway,  makapagbayad na nga ng destiny bill ko  ;D

Oo nga,overdue na ko for three months e mukhang gumaganda na naman ang programming nila.

Muntik na kong lumipat nung inalis ang Star madarin but when I found out the clause of getting that channel from Sky, I thought it was typically outrageous of an ABS company so I  stuck with Destiny, anyway OK naman ako sa Mei Ah Channel (71). Poor man's substitute pero at least may Chinese movies.

May wowow na sa Destiny. . . Battle Royale 2! Kahit walang subs.

If Destiny picks up TCM. . .I'll be a subscriber for life, kahit alisin na nila ang HBO!  ;D

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 10:47 AM »
Saw the Japanese feed of the Sonics - Clippers game in Japan fed by NHK BS1.  Destiny's channel 90 last night.  Pinagtiagaan ko na kahit japanese announcers.  Alternately swapping the taped Cavs (that Lebron kid is good!) game on IBC.  

Solar Sports BTW is shown on Ch 56 but fuzzy.  Destiny says they are negotiating it to be shown.  

how come i don't have channel 90?  the barker channel (3) also says that they have wowow channel on ch 88 or was it 89 but on my TV, nada.  baka mas konti ang channels ng di updated ang bayad?  ;D  

i hope they get Solar Sports!  

OT:  yup, king james seems to be the real deal.  but he's still an 18-year old kid, despite the game and his build.  i hope he has a good support group because he could easily get distracted the money and the attention he's getting.  it wasn't so long ago that vince carter was THE star before he disappeared the last 2-3 years.  

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2003 at 10:56 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 11:57 AM »
Bad trip naman, I just switched back to Home when AXN was removed from Destiny's line up. Now I have to wait for a year before I could switch back to Destiny again...wrong decision!!! I miss Discovery, Disney and Tech TV  :(
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2003 at 11:59 AM by qwerty765 »

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 02:16 PM »
hope they bring back movie magic and mnet. also , like x4 said, i want tcm too. bakit ba kasi may cartoon network pa rin after midnight when all they show are the crappy toons. mabuhay global destiny. no to monopoly.

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 10:16 PM »
hay. kalilipat lang namin sa sky eh so di pa pwede lumipat. magagalit na dad ko if i convice him to switch again. he he.

i do miss my fox news and tech tv but then destiny doesn't have the lifestyle channel.

i hope magka tech tv ang sky ulit.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 11:10 AM »
for NBA fans, just checked out Global Destiny's channel line-up on channel 19 and they will have Solar Sports together with ESPN and Star Sports.  

In addition, they have ch 90 (Japanese channel BS1) which is now showing the Sonics-Clippers game (or maybe its only because the game is in Japan?)  And an NBA League Pass channel soon (whatever that means).

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2003 at 11:14 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline d-mark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • rock on
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 03:30 PM »
wow, dami pala pang diehard destiny dito, well that includes me...hehe buti nalang di pa ako nakalipat...
Mabuhay ang global destiny!!! ok yung wowow ch..
medyo nauna sila sa movie such as domestic disturbance, spiderman , etc...............

Offline Don_Camote

• Collector
  • Have a good one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 07:19 PM »
The Stars are coming back!!! Destiny Channel 19 is showing a preview of their Channel assignments starting Nov 2 and I can see ESPN, Star Sports, Solar Sports and much much more!!!

Destiny back with a vengeance.  A real kick-ass line-up.

Yeeehaaa!!!

;D ;D ;D

Offline MonarC

• Collector
  • Everyone Will Suffer
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 08:12 PM »
how much subscription??? ???

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Subscription
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 09:08 PM »
Right now it's at P450.00.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2003 at 12:04 AM »
Other than ESPN, Star Sports, Solar Sports, BS1, WOWOW and AXN, their newly-announced channel line-up also includes Star World, National Geographic and Star Movies.  :)

These are still tentative though. Let's see what they actually deliver...

My only complaint about the channel reassignment is the move of MTV to Channel 84 - it now has very snowy reception. :(

And MTV Asia (or was it MTV Taiwan they were actually airing?) is now gone.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2003 at 09:10 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2003 at 09:52 AM »
Other than ESPN, Star Sports, Solar Sports, BS1, WOWOW and AXN, their newly-announced channel line-up also includes Star World, National Geographic and Star Movies.  :)

These are still tentative though. Let's see what they actually deliver...

i hope matuloy nga ... so far i am enjoying the wowow channel... kanina, i watched a docu on james dean (how cool is that?!)

one positive thing about all this is that TVE and RTPi are re-assigned to better channel nos... with better reception. (yun nga lang minsan out of sync yung audio ng RTPi.)

My only complaint about the channel reassignment is the move of MTV to Channel 84 - it now has very snowy reception. :(

And MTV Asia (or was it MTV Taiwan they were actually airing?) is now gone.

MTV Taiwan is gone...and isn't that a good thing? :P

sana di na lang nila sinama sa dulo ng channel assignment ang channel [V]... i kinda like this music channel. ::)

p.s. what is this "prime channel" all about???... i can't seem to figure out kung ano ang uri ng programming nya.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
channel re-assignments
« Reply #23 on: Nov 02, 2003 at 11:17 AM »
my only problem about the new channels is that i have to manually search and store them.  my philips tv can't automatically search and store, because if it does, it assigns its own channel numbers!  but i'm willing to do the dirty work, for the new channels.  

i do hope global destiny starts showing axn, star sports, star world, star movies, espn and solar sports soon.  

of the foreign channels, i like BS1, Wowow and ETTV.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #24 on: Nov 02, 2003 at 02:46 PM »
turner classic movies po sana...although funny yung pbo at may mga lumang pelikula rin sila.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Wowow
« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2003 at 10:44 PM »
So far, I've watched Sabrina (Ormond and Ford) and Serendipity.  

Tonight, apparently, is Kirsten Dunst night.  So far, Spiderman, Bring it On and now Crazy/Beautiful.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:channel re-assignments
« Reply #26 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 01:00 AM »
my only problem about the new channels is that i have to manually search and store them.  my philips tv can't automatically search and store, because if it does, it assigns its own channel numbers!  but i'm willing to do the dirty work, for the new channels.  

i do hope global destiny starts showing axn, star sports, star world, star movies, espn and solar sports soon.  

of the foreign channels, i like BS1, Wowow and ETTV.

isn't axn showing na... nung 30th pa ata.  ;D

Offline dobermaxx69

• Collector
  • love machine
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 01:28 AM »
It's all good for me. home and destiny yung cable service provider sa house e. ;D ;D ;D

And can somebody enlighten me on this 'wowow' channel? I haven't heard of it before.
ako si dobermaxx, DA LOVE MACHINE!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 08:59 AM »
I've been looking all over for Wowow. For the benefit of the other Destiny subscribers here who are having the same difficulties, can someone post its channel assignment?  :)

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2003 at 09:23 AM »
Last Friday it was 89, today it's in the upper 60s I think. Not sure. Basta when I want to watch it, I look for the letterboxed movie with Japanese subtitles. It's before V and MTV which is now 84 asnd 85, I think.

Wowow tapos Mei Ah tapos Channel V .

TCM (aka Turner Classic Movies aka the movie channel that's better than HBO)  na lang perfect na 'tong provider na to . .  . at magiging TV adik na naman ako.  :)

TCM! TCM! TCM! ;D