Author Topic: AM-40 pinpoint mount - how do i avoid drilling a hole underneath my speaker  (Read 4233 times)

Offline 45caliber

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • BLACK GETTER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
2800 @ sound and vision - PM mo si tein.  it can also be found at audio excellence.

ah kay sir tein pala ha.. hehehe makahingi nga ng discount...
Soul of Chogokin Collector
Samsung UE55KU6000/MED450S2X
Philips BDP-2500/Denon X520-BT
Wharfedale

Offline defined

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • bulakenyo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
@Timithekid..sir pede po makita yun pics..thx

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
@Timithekid..sir pede po makita yun pics..thx

You can check my thead sa gallery, i took a picture of the left surround.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline spyfenix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
bro im planning to buy and use also the am-40 for my b&w 686. how heavy is your speaker? the 686 weights at 4.5 kg takot ako baka mahulog, now after reading your thread i will use blutak and 3m as well pero ang 2nd issue ko naman ay ung mismong screws makalas sa wall. how is your speaker holding against the wall?

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
bro im planning to buy and use also the am-40 for my b&w 686. how heavy is your speaker? the 686 weights at 4.5 kg takot ako baka mahulog, now after reading your thread i will use blutak and 3m as well pero ang 2nd issue ko naman ay ung mismong screws makalas sa wall. how is your speaker holding against the wall?

the 686 is relatively small, even smaller than the RB-51 if if im not mistaken and it weighs 12.1 lbs so thats roughly 5.5 KG.  as to how its sticking to the wall, the screws that come with it aren't short and the whole mount is rated to support much more than what a pair of BS will weigh let alone one of 'em....not unless you are thinking of placing M40.1 Harbeths on a mount ( I'm joking --hehe). 

About the blutac and 3M...actually you can do away with the 3M, its an overkill, with the amount of blutac that i used i could lift a speaker and the mount will stick to it if it weren't screwed to the wall.

good luck.  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013 at 04:27 AM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
mine is fully tilted and did not use any blutak or double sided tape. as long as the clamp is tight enough, it should hold the speaker well. i even tried to shake the speakers after installation and the clamp held it tight.

not a bad idea of installing a back-up system like the photo below for peace of mind. i will install one on mine. there's a threaded keyhole at the back of the SBS-02 speaker. using a single bolt looped with a cable tie should do the trick.