Author Topic: Egreat R-Series(1186) Users & Support Thread - R6S,R200s,R300 Pro  (Read 120737 times)

Offline Villaco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Connect the probox sa "USB 3.0" at the back and not sa "USB 3.0-PC"

Try also to check the USB cable, make it straight without bends...

Tnx Sir louie18, nabasa na yong probox, pero d sya gaanong stable. Minsan bigla nalang na nagha hang.
Siguro kailangan lang talaga na may HDD sya sa loob ng egreat mismo. Kasi kagabi d ko nilagyan ng hdd ang mismong hdd bay ng egreat.
Optoma HD20
Onkyo TX-NR1007
PCH A400
AN Super 8"
Polk Audio RTi A6
SVS PB12 NSD
SVS SB12 NSD

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Tnx Sir louie18, nabasa na yong probox, pero d sya gaanong stable. Minsan bigla nalang na nagha hang.
Siguro kailangan lang talaga na may HDD sya sa loob ng egreat mismo. Kasi kagabi d ko nilagyan ng hdd ang mismong hdd bay ng egreat.

No problem sir.
Try also to connect your probox with all the HDD inside to a PC.
Check nyo kung stable ang pag read and right nya.

Offline Jingo

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • If you found love, you've found music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Egreat R-Series(1186) Users & Support Thread - R6S,R200s,R300 Pro
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 09:51 PM »
Got the usb wifi dongle from Jim. Thanks a lot.

Question: can i hook up my external hard drive to airport extreme and stream the content to Egreat R6S? If yes how?

2nd question: if the above query is possible and will work, is it safe for the HDD hooked up and not shut it down since its powered? The router is open 24/7 and relativelt the HDD.

Thanks
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Got the usb wifi dongle from Jim. Thanks a lot.

Question: can i hook up my external hard drive to airport extreme and stream the content to Egreat R6S? If yes how?

2nd question: if the above query is possible and will work, is it safe for the HDD hooked up and not shut it down since its powered? The router is open 24/7 and relativelt the HDD.

Thanks

assuming the router can support the disk, my suggestion is to test first with a USB stick and see if you will see an extra drive share from your router's network shares.

assuming it works, consider a 2.5" HDD attached to the router, coz from my experience USB has limited life if you stick one and run it 24/7.

toy

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
sir toys...

PM sent :)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Hi Jim,

To be objective, for Full 3D-Bluray playback capability and 3D-quality (picture and HD-audio) alone, is it correct to assume na pareho lang ang R300 sa R6S and sa Measy X5 because they are all 1186 powered?

Thanks!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Jim,

To be objective, for Full 3D-Bluray playback capability and 3D-quality (picture and HD-audio) alone, is it correct to assume na pareho lang ang R300 sa R6S and sa Measy X5 because they are all 1186 powered?

Thanks!

cant say for the R1186, dapat talaga pareho silang lahat as i have not picked up non-egreat since Measy X6 (1185)

Currently, the firmware ng 1186 X5 and R300 and R6S, pareho, meron na safe shutdown mode, and yung eject disk option meron sa egreat, pero not sure if meron sa X5(papa Nerveblocker pa check and press eject button).

Pero sa R1185 when i had Measy X6 and a Hi-Media compared to the Egreat R160, more went for R160/R6A-ii and  I can only guess it has to do with the build and the PQ.

Di ko naman masabi dahil lang sa power switch ni Egreat kaya nagkatalo :) , cant say sa SQ, but the PQ is a tad better. I never figured out if it was just the default video settings (a tried aligning settings ibang colors) or the components they use over the other.

Would be nice to toss a box to a third party and hear what i have to say.

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012 at 02:54 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Jingo

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • If you found love, you've found music
  • Liked:
Egreat R-Series(1186) Users & Support Thread - R6S,R200s,R300 Pro
« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2012 at 04:19 PM »
assuming the router can support the disk, my suggestion is to test first with a USB stick and see if you will see an extra drive share from your router's network shares.

assuming it works, consider a 2.5" HDD attached to the router, coz from my experience USB has limited life if you stick one and run it 24/7.

Thanks Jim.
Egreat R6S | Bose Companion 3 Series II | Marantz 1504 | Monitor Audio BX Series

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Will r6s work with the ipad...i dont know the tech term...

Are there apps such that i can control the device via ipad.

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
You also mention that if i attach the 4 bay mediasonic to the r6s it will work as a nas? Pano via wifi?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Dear Sirs:

I have recently purchased an R6S from Sir Jim, last Dec 7, 2012.
To date, I have been using the player out of the box without upgrading the firmware.

Question: am i missing on anything important by not updating the firmware?

EDIT: I have found some answers on the 1st page of the thread. and here as well: http://en.egreatworld.com/en/download-detail-160.html#bottom
But any feedback is welcome in case you have any that isnt on the post on page 1.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2012 at 04:16 AM by SonOfKratos »
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
can I connect any of these units direct to TV and it will work just fine? how about audio (DTS HD/TrueHD)? kaya ba nito mag decode down to what the TV can actually output? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM by vtec3 »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
can I connect any of these units direct to TV and it will work just fine? how about audio (DTS HD/TrueHD)? kaya ba nito mag decode down to what the TV can actually output? Thanks!

Afaik, there's lpcm and lpcm 5.1
toy

Offline Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
i have the latest f/w, is it ok to use the modded version?

http://www.w2comp.com/news.asp?menuid=11248&supmenuid=11146

thanks in advance!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i have the latest f/w, is it ok to use the modded version?

http://www.w2comp.com/news.asp?menuid=11248&supmenuid=11146

thanks in advance!

Have not tried again since last i downloaded from them I bricked a unit. Has anyone here tried?
toy

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
help mga R6S users with 3D display.

when you play an SBS movie file, will the display automatically goes 3D? mine will just show a side-by-side movie just like my non-3D popcorn A100. i already set the R6S to 3D/2D in AUTO. what else needs to be configured? my FW is dated Jan 2012.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2012 at 06:13 PM by GneW »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
help mga R6S users with 3D display.

when you play an SBS movie file, will the display automatically goes 3D? mine will just show a side-by-side movie just like my non-3D popcorn A100. i already set the R6S to 3D/2D in AUTO. what else needs to be configured? my FW is dated Jan 2012.

While playing the movie press the menu botton on the Egreat. You will see the 3D options there. I think meron Simulation, Side by Side, Top and Bottom options...

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Been testing a borrowed unit of an R300S and here are my observations thus far.

Positive

1. Definitely plays Full 3D Bluray both in 3D and 2D (if available).
2. If the Full BD has no BD-J, then BD menu may be accessible if available. Otherwise, playback without navigation is available.

Needs to be addressed

1. Stability issues when trying BD-J Full BDs.  The unit may hang with these types of contents.  This has to be addressed soonest I think.
2. Switching between audiostreams is really slow, as in seconds of no sound until the unit makes the preferred soundstream audible.
2. Definitely cant handle BD-J yet hence no navigation, among others, for Full BD playback.

To be continued as I play around more with the unit. BTW, the unit looks well built but the remote is rather flimsy - but at least full sized and full function.

Cant see any difference between 3D by the TV or 3D by the Player.

3D MKV vs Full 3D Bluray - subs are easier to read, first and foremost

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
If the Full BD has no BD-J, then BD menu may be accessible if available. Otherwise, playback without navigation is available. - So pag walang BD-J walang BD menu?

Definitely cant handle BD-J yet hence no navigation, among others, for Full BD playback. - So kahit may BD-J wala pa din menu navigation?

D MKV vs Full 3D Bluray - subs are easier to read, first and foremost - So you are referring its easier to read on bluray than mkv? AFAIK mkv has bigger subs than bluray as mkv uses srt and bluray is original pgs subs.

Have you observe if plays the trailer of movies before the menu of bluray movie.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
For the R300:

observe that if you have BDMV structure under the Title folder, you simply play the folder and it will play the files under the BDMV subfolder. However, for the current firmware you need to go to  BDMV then click [play] button to play BDMV properly.

Also, the remote leaves something to be desired talaga, I have been bugging them on that, thus, I personally use the backlit LED compatible remote with 4 programmable TV buttons. I really dont get why one would come out with a handsome devil(R300 Pro with Antenna) and skimp on the remote :) their remotes that go with Sigma are much better constructed.
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Opposite Tsip. If the BD has no BD-J, then you may be able to access the BD menu. For instance concert BDs and usually old titles. Pero for really new titles and blockbuster releases, mostly with BD-J hence cant be played with BD navigation.  Trying playback with navigation on a content with BD-J can hang the unit.  So kung meron BD-J just try playback without navigation which would bring you straight to the main feature.

PGS subs (Full 3D Bluray) are easier for me to read than srt on a Half-3D encode in mkv container.  Masyadong malaki ang srt and MAS nakakaduling.  For 3D viewing, i think it's best to simply disable subtitles.

I'll look for Full BD movie without BD-J but with trailer kung meron man.  Kung meron BD-J, no chance (yet) to do navigation or see trailers.  Rekta to main movie lang. Im sure the BD-J titles I tested have tons of trailers under PCH.

If the Full BD has no BD-J, then BD menu may be accessible if available. Otherwise, playback without navigation is available. - So pag walang BD-J walang BD menu?

Definitely cant handle BD-J yet hence no navigation, among others, for Full BD playback. - So kahit may BD-J wala pa din menu navigation?

D MKV vs Full 3D Bluray - subs are easier to read, first and foremost - So you are referring its easier to read on bluray than mkv? AFAIK mkv has bigger subs than bluray as mkv uses srt and bluray is original pgs subs.

Have you observe if plays the trailer of movies before the menu of bluray movie.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Opposite Tsip. If the BD has no BD-J, then you may be able to access the BD menu. For instance concert BDs and usually old titles. Pero for really new titles and blockbuster releases, mostly with BD-J hence cant be played with BD navigation.  Trying playback with navigation on a content with BD-J can hang the unit.  So kung meron BD-J just try playback without navigation which would bring you straight to the main feature.

PGS subs (Full 3D Bluray) are easier for me to read than srt on a Half-3D encode in mkv container.  Masyadong malaki ang srt and MAS nakakaduling.  For 3D viewing, i think it's best to simply disable subtitles.

I'll look for Full BD movie without BD-J but with trailer kung meron man.  Kung meron BD-J, no chance (yet) to do navigation or see trailers.  Rekta to main movie lang. Im sure the BD-J titles I tested have tons of trailers under PCH.

Napansin ko din yan sa isang movie na play ni louie sa egreat niya direkta sa main movie no menu navigation. Buti na lang pala HTPC pa din ako and supported ang lahat ng BD menu.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
While playing the movie press the menu botton on the Egreat. You will see the 3D options there. I think meron Simulation, Side by Side, Top and Bottom options...

updated the R6S firmware to the latest but the menu still does not have any 3D option. i am still using the 3D function of my pj and it's a PITA when you stop, the display is all over the place. you need to turn 3D off in order to read the display properly. again, it's just the same as my non-3D pch a100.

also, noticed that the display fonts is so soft and video produce a clipping highlights on bright scenes. very obvious during the film credits with white fonts on black background.

here's a video clip of the R6S:
Egreat R6S with clipped highlights (BLINKING FONTS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVXCV7ZFvk&list=UUJ5cTheUAHzp64zdZ9ZcRYw&index=2

Popcorn PCH-A100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9xGRpu3MQ&list=UUJ5cTheUAHzp64zdZ9ZcRYw&index=1

pls share some tips how to reduce or eliminate the clipping. i get dizzy watching those blinking bright scenes in the movie.

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 04:21 PM by GneW »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Been testing a borrowed unit of an R300S and here are my observations thus far.

Positive

1. Definitely plays Full 3D Bluray both in 3D and 2D (if available).
2. If the Full BD has no BD-J, then BD menu may be accessible if available. Otherwise, playback without navigation is available.

Needs to be addressed

1. Stability issues when trying BD-J Full BDs.  The unit may hang with these types of contents.  This has to be addressed soonest I think.
2. Switching between audiostreams is really slow, as in seconds of no sound until the unit makes the preferred soundstream audible.
2. Definitely cant handle BD-J yet hence no navigation, among others, for Full BD playback.

To be continued as I play around more with the unit. BTW, the unit looks well built but the remote is rather flimsy - but at least full sized and full function.

Cant see any difference between 3D by the TV or 3D by the Player.

3D MKV vs Full 3D Bluray - subs are easier to read, first and foremost

bro alan,

have you tried an SBS movie? where did you find the 3D selector on the remote? i can't find it in the MENU button of the R6S.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 04:23 PM by GneW »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
^I'll make a screenshot for you when I get home ;)

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
^I'll make a screenshot for you when I get home ;)

thanks bro. did you notice clipping highlights on your R300? check the video clip attached in my previous post for your reference.

also, heard a "tok" sound (static) when i flip between files. this sound is not the tone sound of the player. anybody experienced this?
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 04:17 PM by GneW »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hello Weng. Yes did test a lot of Half 3D encodes and at this point, the only major difference I notice is HD audio and subtitle quality.  As for the image quality itself, not easy for me to say that Full 3D Bluray is miles better than an internally encoded (not scene or public) Half 3D encode on our 50 inch plasma. Perhaps if you use a projector screen, the difference in image may be pronounced. 

On the R300 remote just press the Menu button on top of the Volume Button on the left side.  I think 3D will not come out if the content is not 3D.

bro alan,

have you tried an SBS movie? where did you find the 3D selector on the remote? i can't find it in the MENU button of the R6S.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
3D option will still come out even though the movie is not 3D...

See picture below, the movie is not 3D
Just choose the right movie file...

2012-12-26-0281.jpg by Louie_18, on Flickr

Just press the menu button...

2012-12-26-0282(0).jpg by Louie_18, on Flickr

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM by Louie_18 »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

also, heard a "tok" sound (static) when i flip between files. this sound is not the tone sound of the player. anybody experienced this?

does it happen on thumbnail/list view?
toy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hello Weng. Yes did test a lot of Half 3D encodes and at this point, the only major difference I notice is HD audio and subtitle quality.  As for the image quality itself, not easy for me to say that Full 3D Bluray is miles better than an internally encoded (not scene or public) Half 3D encode on our 50 inch plasma. Perhaps if you use a projector screen, the difference in image may be pronounced. 

I believe ang difference ng real shot on 3D is yung pag ka 3D lang pero pag 2D na ginawang 3D same lang ng mga full sbs yan. Pero yung 3D shot in real 3D camera mas maganda ang pag ka 3D.

On the R300 remote just press the Menu button on top of the Volume Button on the left side.  I think 3D will not come out if the content is not 3D.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.