Author Topic: Egreat R-Series(1186) Users & Support Thread - R6S,R200s,R300 Pro  (Read 121031 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
bro louie,

thanks for showing the menu screen and remote but unfortunately my R6S is totally different.

remote

menu screen

firmware update

3D setting

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
does it happen on thumbnail/list view?

you will hear the "tok" sound when switching scenes during playback, by pressing MENU, fast forward and etc,

i can record the sound with the scene in the background so you will know when the static sound goes off.

the remote i got is different than louie's R300. the remote does not light up or have any light that shows it is ON or sending a signal. i thought earlier that this was the one with backlit buttons.

Offline ultimatedls

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3D option will still come out even though the movie is not 3D...

See picture below, the movie is not 3D
Just choose the right movie file...

2012-12-26-0281.jpg by Louie_18, on Flickr

Just press the menu button...

2012-12-26-0282(0).jpg by Louie_18, on Flickr

hmmmm I have 3 r300 but everytime I press the menu button that 3d option doesn't show either on all 3. My fw is updated.
SVS PB13 and PC13 ULTRA
SVS ULTRA SPEAKERS
EMOTIVA
MARANTZ

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
up ko lang baka may makapag bigay ng workaround sa mga concerns ko.

i'm back using my old popcorn a100 until i find a way to address the concerns of the R6S . as of now, i've tried all the settings and nothing i can think of anymore to find the fix.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
the remote i got is different than louie's R300. the remote does not light up or have any light that shows it is ON or sending a signal. i thought earlier that this was the one with backlit buttons.

@Gnew, ultimatels

Will isolate if the remote of R300 and R6S and see it makes the 3D menu appear. Not remote related, used stock remote to show context based Menu settings
I backdated the firmware and still no 3D menu on R6S, albeit i was on 2D display (22" Samsung 2D). Its not the firmware, since both firmware versions show Menu settings
- shows 3D menu if device senses 3D display,
- shows 2D menuif it device senses 1 of the 2D display)

the objective is to make the 3D menu appear, its context sensitive so will switch to the 3D PJ and see if its all about hand shake, will keep you posted.

updated 12/28 setup:

Aventage dual HDMI out display :
1st HDMI out: EPSON 3010
2nd HDMI out: (2D 22" LED)
Aventage multi HDMI in display :

1st HDMI in: S900 (2D) (bundled remote)
2nd HDMI in: R300 (3D) (bundled remote)
3rd HDMI in: PCH C200
4th HDMI in :  R6S w/  FW: Jan 2012 (bundled remote)
5th HDMI in : R6S w/  FW: Nov 2012 (bundled remote)
used material :
 *.avi (American horror stories S01E01)
 *.mp4 (Dont trust that b*** at apartment 23 S01E07 HDTV)

Test sets 3D+2D: play material, with both displays on (1 3D + 1 2D)
results: context 3D menu does not show when Menu button pressed

Test set 3D: play material, with 3D display on (1 3D PJ)
results: context 3D menu shows when Menu button pressed

both R6S/ R300 when it detects 2D a display 3D display will not show.

things to isolate:
check if your HDMI cable is HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 1.3 highspeed
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:20 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir jim,

- the material played in my posted photo above is Avengers 3D SBS mkv file
- using 1.4v hi-speed HDMI cable connected to a non-3D onkyo 1007

have not tried yet hooking the R6S directly to the 3D PJ

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
sir jim,

Maybe it's time to upgrade the AVR, hehehe ;D
Try first to connect the R6s to your 3D PJ...
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM by Louie_18 »

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir jim,

Have you tried bluray 3D disc? Hindi kaya ung onkyo HDMI may problem?

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir jim,

if dual display with a 2D display & a  3D display , the receiver will negotiate downward to 2D.

best you bypass the onkyo and plug R6S to the PJ.
toy

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Maybe it's time to upgrade the AVR, hehehe ;D
Try first to connect the R6s to your 3D PJ...

my 818 is already on the way and will be in our shores by Jan 7th according to forex ;D

please help me eliminate the cause of this problem.

- using a 6-ft Monoprice hi-speed HDMI cable from R6S to the receiver = no 3D option appeared in the menu
- using a 35-ft Aurum hi-speed HDMI from R6S direct to the PJ = the 3D option appeared just like louie's pic

i suspected the Monoprice HDMI cable was the culprit so i hooked this cable from the 3D bluray player to the receiver. there i observed that the audio was dropping out when set to DTS Master or any HD audio. pero pag LPCM continuous naman ang audio. since my receiver is non-3D, i always hook the bluray direct to the PJ kaya ngayon ko lang nalaman ito.

also tested another 35-ft Aurum hi-speed cable from the R6S to the receiver (this was the same cable tested earlier that made the 3D option appear). the 3D option in the menu was gone but the "Swap L & R" and "Depth" options were left in the menu

my questions are:

1. do you think the 6-ft Monoprice hi-speed HDMI cable is not UP TO SPECs that's why the 3D options did not appear?
2. is the audio drop out a sign of a broken or sub standard HDMI cable? this happened during bluray playback with HD audio via the receiver.
3. does the 3D option of the R6S requires a 3D capable receiver in order for it to work?

Have you tried bluray 3D disc? Hindi kaya ung onkyo HDMI may problem?

walang problem sa receiver as it played all my sources correctly except for the R6S.

if dual display with a 2D display & a  3D display , the receiver will negotiate downward to 2D.

best you bypass the onkyo and plug R6S to the PJ.

i only have ONE display, a 3D PJ. as of now, i bypassed the receiver until my 818 will arrive. the movie files i tested were all MKV and 3D SBS only. i have not tried any ISO's yet (no files on hand), hopefully smooth and playback nila.

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM by GneW »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i only have ONE display, a 3D PJ. as of now, i bypassed the receiver until my 818 will arrive. the movie files i tested were all MKV and 3D SBS only. i have not tried any ISO's yet (no files on hand), hopefully smooth and playback nila.
My old AVR has is 3D capable, so to duplicate your case, i've set my AVR to output only to the PJ and the consistent to detect 3D option menu sa R300 & R6S. 

I cut my 25 ft HDMI cable layed out after discovering there's interference/cable problem and replaced it with a long HDMI cable AVR to PJ is HDMI 1.4 rated (w/ ARC "not really sure what this does"). 

I use highspeed HDMI 6ft cables from anya, from R6S to AVR HDMI in and ok naman sa 3D and audio.

If all else fail, I'd gun for a HDMI 1.4 cable if you are isolating 3D then.

HTH
toy

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
are the monoprice hi-speed hdmi cable anya is selling 1.4v spec'd? i have 2x 35-ft Aurum 1.4v hdmi cable hooked up to the PJ and no problem with 3D switching when connected directly to the R6S.

I use highspeed HDMI 6ft cables from anya, from R6S to AVR HDMI in and ok naman sa 3D and audio.

If all else fail, I'd gun for a HDMI 1.4 cable if you are isolating 3D then.

HTH

as i mentioned in my previous post, i already tried the 35-ft 1.4v hdmi cable from the R6S to a non-3D receiver but the 3D option still did not appear in the menu screen.

hence, the 3D feature of the R6S will only work when it is connected to a 3D capable receiver and/or a 3D display.

@ultimatedls, are you using a non-3D receiver with your R300? if not, that could be the reason why the 3D option did not appear in the menu screen.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
^Have you tired setting your receiver to HDMI "through"?
Baka lang umubra ;D

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Baka lang umubra ;D

will try sir, pero saan ba hahanapin ang setting sa HDMI pass thru? hindi ko pa yata nadaanan yan sa pag kakalikot ko sa settings.

Offline ultimatedls

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
@Gnew, everything is working fine with all my 3 units sir I was testing all 3 in my non 3D tv all along I thought it was 3D tv. My stupid mistake. :) also it works fine with my 3D receiver.
SVS PB13 and PC13 ULTRA
SVS ULTRA SPEAKERS
EMOTIVA
MARANTZ

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Egreat R-Series(1186) Users & Support Thread - R6S,R200s,R300 Pro
« Reply #75 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 01:20 PM »
Kaya pala out of stock egreat boss hinakot mo lahat. Haha.
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
@Gnew, everything is working fine with all my 3 units sir I was testing all 3 in my non 3D tv all along I thought it was 3D tv. My stupid mistake. :) also it works fine with my 3D receiver.

so confirmed talaga na the R6S and R300 needs 3D display or receiver in order for the 3D option to appear in the menu screen.

wait nalang ako sa arrival ng 818. next year pa daw sabi ng forex, ETA jan 7,2013 ;D

Baka lang umubra ;D

wala yata HDMI pass thru feature sa onkyo 1007, di ko mahanap sa setting.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2012 at 04:40 PM by GneW »

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
my 818 is already on the way and will be in our shores by Jan 7th according to forex ;D

please help me eliminate the cause of this problem.

- using a 6-ft Monoprice hi-speed HDMI cable from R6S to the receiver = no 3D option appeared in the menu
- using a 35-ft Aurum hi-speed HDMI from R6S direct to the PJ = the 3D option appeared just like louie's pic

i suspected the Monoprice HDMI cable was the culprit so i hooked this cable from the 3D bluray player to the receiver. there i observed that the audio was dropping out when set to DTS Master or any HD audio. pero pag LPCM continuous naman ang audio. since my receiver is non-3D, i always hook the bluray direct to the PJ kaya ngayon ko lang nalaman ito.

also tested another 35-ft Aurum hi-speed cable from the R6S to the receiver (this was the same cable tested earlier that made the 3D option appear). the 3D option in the menu was gone but the "Swap L & R" and "Depth" options were left in the menu

my questions are:

1. do you think the 6-ft Monoprice hi-speed HDMI cable is not UP TO SPECs that's why the 3D options did not appear?
2. is the audio drop out a sign of a broken or sub standard HDMI cable? this happened during bluray playback with HD audio via the receiver.
3. does the 3D option of the R6S requires a 3D capable receiver in order for it to work?

walang problem sa receiver as it played all my sources correctly except for the R6S.

Alam pag non 3D yung TV ot PJ or any ht gears na directly connected sa source di talaga lalabas ang 3D option for bluray and lalabas is for anaglyph kasi un lang kaya ng ht gear mo.

Sa totoo lang i used a cdrking hdmi 1.3 in my setup bluray 3D works fine with my htpc to receiver and PJ.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2012 at 04:37 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
masaya na ako sa R6S ko even with the current situation.

bluray - connected to PJ's HDMI 1
R6S - connected to PJ's HDMI 2

both audio are connected via optical to the receiver.

@R6S and R300 users,

gumagana o mag play ba ang youtube sa android ng R6S nyo? sa akin ayaw at may window na "format not compatible" na lalabas.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
masaya na ako sa R6S ko even with the current situation.

bluray - connected to PJ's HDMI 1
R6S - connected to PJ's HDMI 2

both audio are connected via optical to the receiver.

@R6S and R300 users,

gumagana o mag play ba ang youtube sa android ng R6S nyo? sa akin ayaw at may window na "format not compatible" na lalabas.

I think yung latest firmware, na undo yung fix sa YouTube, already told egreat.
toy

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I think yung latest firmware, na undo yung fix sa YouTube, already told egreat.

thanks for the heads up sir jim. will wait for the new update, hopefully that will be fixed.

na check mo na ang bayad ko?

happy new year

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
na check mo na ang bayad ko?

happy new year

brader, naku hindi pa, but thanks.
Dakilang operator ako ng HT at ayaw akong lubayan ng 7 year old ko, marathon kami ng star wars  :)

toy

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Hi Von. Family has been marathoning on the R300 the whole day connected directly to our V20 sa common area ng house.  Just set Audio to LPCM and you'd get TV audio output properly.  Hopefully your TVs built in audio is good enough.  The V20 has got a decent bassy audio quality kaya very satisfactory na rin. This also works even with Full 3D Bluray and Full BD but have tested only with DTS-HDMA and not TrueHD yet.  Pretty good player this R300 but would have been better with Full BD Nav sana.

Nonetheless, I really like na you can connect this device to a 2D TV and be able to play the same 3D Bluray in Full 2D glory both in terms or audio and video and even direct to TV.

Update. TrueHD can be downmixed to TV audio as well basta Audio is set to LPCM, thus all variations of HD audio should be OK via direct TV connection.

can I connect any of these units direct to TV and it will work just fine? how about audio (DTS HD/TrueHD)? kaya ba nito mag decode down to what the TV can actually output? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2013 at 06:28 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Nonetheless, I really like na you can connect this device to a 2D TV and be able to play the same 3D Bluray in Full 2D glory both in terms or audio and video and even direct to TV.

alan, is there an option for 2D in the menu when the R300 is connected to a 2D display? in my case, the onkyo 1007 is detected as a 2D display by the R6S so no 3D option will appear in the menu screen. what i always do if i want to watch 2D from a 3D SBS movie file is to set 3D on the PJ and select L or R to view in 2D.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2013 at 07:29 PM by GneW »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
No 2D or 3D option at all Weng. The 3D Bluray simply plays like 2D Bluray minus the BD Navigation.  I havent tried Half SBS or OU 3D yet on our 2D TV using the R300.

alan, is there an option for 2D in the menu when the R300 is connected to a 2D display? in my case, the onkyo 1007 is detected as a 2D display by the R6S so no 3D option will appear in the menu screen. what i always do if i want to watch 2D from a 3D SBS movie file is to set 3D on the PJ and select L or R to view in 2D.

Offline lina inverse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Offtopic: So far so good for my new Egreat R6S. Thank you Sir toys4geeks!
LOOKING FOR THE BEST NMT

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
thanks very much for this info Alan! excited to try this na. hopefully magkaroon ng firmware upgrade to resolve the Full BD Nav

Hi Von. Family has been marathoning on the R300 the whole day connected directly to our V20 sa common area ng house.  Just set Audio to LPCM and you'd get TV audio output properly.  Hopefully your TVs built in audio is good enough.  The V20 has got a decent bassy audio quality kaya very satisfactory na rin. This also works even with Full 3D Bluray and Full BD but have tested only with DTS-HDMA and not TrueHD yet.  Pretty good player this R300 but would have been better with Full BD Nav sana.

Update. TrueHD can be downmixed to TV audio as well basta Audio is set to LPCM, thus all variations of HD audio should be OK via direct TV connection.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Weng, no good ang Half SBS and OU - meaning hati pa rin ang TV screen and pressing the Menu Button would not give the option to combine the half images to a single picture. Apparently the TV or monitor has to be a 3DTV to have that option.  I think Half 3D encodes are detected as 2D signal as well, as is, while the 2D signal from a Full 3D Bluray is either (left or right) eye frame which can fill the entire 2D screen on its own.

Medyo OT but Titanic 3D Bluray in 2D is freaking gorgeous. I recall reading that it was remastered to 4K.

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 at 11:00 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Weng, no good ang Half SBS and OU - meaning hati pa rin ang TV screen and pressing the Menu Button would not give the option to combine the half images to a single picture. Apparently the TV or monitor has to be a 3DTV to have that option.  I think Half 3D encodes are detected as 2D signal as well, as is, while the 2D signal from a Full 3D Bluray is either (left or right) eye frame which can fill the entire 2D screen on its own.

Medyo OT but Titanic 3D Bluray in 2D is freaking gorgeous. I recall reading that it was remastered to 4K.

Alan,
Clarify yung HSBS and OU material above, sa other NMTs ba it combines it to show 2D and 2D display ba yung nakakabit? have not played HSBS so hoping i get the correct desired behaviour when i test sa weekend.

Regards
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I didnt think of trying the A400 on a 2DTV because I was assuming na a 3DTV is required in the first place - then I realized with Weng's question na convenient nga pala if the player would be capable of combining the 2 half images para watchable on a 2D screen.  Perhaps you should ask Egreat if that can be implemented. Regards!

Alan,
Clarify yung HSBS and OU material above, sa other NMTs ba it combines it to show 2D and 2D display ba yung nakakabit? have not played HSBS so hoping i get the correct desired behaviour when i test sa weekend.

Regards