High-Def > Blu-ray Content

Criterion Collections

<< < (3/59) > >>

ronnivore:
Yeah. I really admire the diversity in their films. I was thinking of buying them chronologically, but realized not all of their titles have been released on Blu-ray yet.

Here's my partial list:
1. Hunger
2. Fish Tank
3. Seven Samurai
4. Purple Noon
5. Fanny and Alexander
6. Salo
7. The Royal Tenenbaums
8. The Last Temptation of Christ
9. Charade
10. Antichrist

Klaus Weasley:
If you wanna buy Criterions, I strongly suggest you guys wait for the bi-annual Barnes & Nobel Criterion sale. Whenever I have some money, I always buy a bunch from it. However, to save on international shipping fees and customs tax, I have my Criterions shipped to my aunt's house in the States and she usually ships it to me via a Balikbayan box that she sends periodically with stuff. It takes longer but the costs are cheaper.

Ian Villaceran:

--- Quote from: ronnivore on Jan 01, 2013 at 06:25 PM ---Yeah. I really admire the diversity in their films. I was thinking of buying them chronologically, but realized not all of their titles have been released on Blu-ray yet.

Here's my partial list:
1. Hunger
2. Fish Tank
3. Seven Samurai
4. Purple Noon
5. Fanny and Alexander
6. Salo
7. The Royal Tenenbaums
8. The Last Temptation of Christ
9. Charade
10. Antichrist

--- End quote ---

You can start with this list..

1. The Battle of Algiers
2. 8 1/2
3. Seven Samurai
4. The Last Emperor
5. The Game
6. Chungking Express
7. The 400 Blows
8. Cul-de-sac
9. On the Waterfront (upcoming)
10. My Life As A Dog

Ian Villaceran:
The Last Emperor by Bernardo Bertolucci. One of the few Academy Best Picture film on Criterion. Really beautiful cinema! I hope to see "Little Buddha" on Blu-ray soon or Criterion honors!! :)

wedge:
Ooh, Criterions! I have a handful of blus and around 300 on DVDs (mostly the initial releases--and those that haven't been released in high-definition).

I get Criterion blurays only during the Barnes and Noble sale. Otherwise, I go the eBay route.

But with Criterions, I never discriminate--nor choosy with the format. I get them both on blu or DVD--whichever I find that is/are cheaper. Personally, it's about the aesthetic quality of the film and not in its technical detail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version