Author Topic: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Extended Edition R3  (Read 4236 times)

Offline L O R D

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Be happy.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Extended Edition R3
« on: Nov 04, 2003 at 09:59 PM »
Has anybody bought this DVD?  Bought one yesterday. I noticed the following:

1. there is no DTS track
2. No Weapons of the Time Interactive Gallery
3. No cast and crew bios
4. No extensive production notes
5. Only one trailer and no tv spots

These features were stated on the package but they are not present in the R3 release?

Are these features complete on the R1 release? Pls. enlighten me, I want to return this to Astrovision.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2003 at 10:36 PM by L O R D »

Offline toshiba

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re:Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Extended Edition R3
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 12:24 AM »
hi lord, i have the r1 version and yes, it has a dts track, 5 weapons gallery, 5 cast & 4 crew bios, 4 topics on production design, 1 trailer and 6 tv spots...

it's kinda weird to have all these special features missing, especially for a warner r3 release...

by the way, how much did you pay for it? 895?

yup, better return it to astro and find a seller here...('got mine for 1200) goodluck!  :)

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 06:16 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Wa!!!  bakit kulang yung features?  Di ba pag warner release, usually it has the same features? Labo...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 07:32 AM »
I'll forward the complaint to Warner. Are the menus animated in the R1 version?
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 08:53 AM »
it wouldn't be the first time that they did this ... yung "american outlaws" na binili ko sa warner sale also claimed to have a dts track... pero when you play the disc, wala. also the menus are not animated like the r1 (na nahiram ko noon) and most of the features (i.e. storyboard, artwork, biographies, deleted scenes, production stills and publicity gallery ) listed on the outside.... wala din.

bought this for only 475 pesos... but i still couldn't help but feel a little cheated dahil yung ibang akala kong andun na features...wala pala sa disc.  :'(
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2003 at 08:55 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline L O R D

• Collector
  • Be happy.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 10:26 AM »
hi lord, i have the r1 version and yes, it has a dts track, 5 weapons gallery, 5 cast & 4 crew bios, 4 topics on production design, 1 trailer and 6 tv spots...

it's kinda weird to have all these special features missing, especially for a warner r3 release...

by the way, how much did you pay for it? 895?

yup, better return it to astro and find a seller here...('got mine for 1200) goodluck!  :)

Thanks bro,i got it at 895. Im returning( or replacing it with a different title)  it to Astrovision Festival Mall this lunchtime >:(. I bought a R1 release from Charbit.  ;D

Just returned the DVD to Astrovision(lunch break).  
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2003 at 01:03 PM by L O R D »

Offline toshiba

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2003 at 01:07 PM »
I'll forward the complaint to Warner. Are the menus animated in the R1 version?

hi firewired, yup the menus are animated for both discs... :)

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 08:06 AM »
Thanks bro,i got it at 895. Im returning( or replacing it with a different title)  it to Astrovision Festival Mall this lunchtime >:(. I bought a R1 release from Charbit.  ;D

Just returned the DVD to Astrovision(lunch break).  

L O R D,

a bit off-topic.... what's Astro's return policy? were you able to refund your cash or just exchanged the DVD?
Quo vadis?

Offline L O R D

• Collector
  • Be happy.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2003 at 10:20 PM »
L O R D,

a bit off-topic.... what's Astro's return policy? were you able to refund your cash or just exchanged the DVD?

Actually, I just requested for a store credit, wherein they will deduct the amount on my next purchase since I was not able to find another title I liked.  They usually give me some free items (posters,mugs,ballpen,etc) even if i don't buy the dvd, so for their consideration I did not ask for an outright refund. You made me curious, I'll try to find out.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2003 at 10:27 PM by L O R D »

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2003 at 02:20 AM »
uy! buti na lang nagbasa muna ako! bibili na sana ako ng mamayang umaga eh. langyang warner yan, either nagkamali sila, o binale wala nila na sinasabi nilang "wala naman makakapansin eh" tsk tsk

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 02:59 AM »
uy! buti na lang nagbasa muna ako! bibili na sana ako ng mamayang umaga eh. langyang warner yan, either nagkamali sila, o binale wala nila na sinasabi nilang "wala naman makakapansin eh" tsk tsk

it's probabaly not the local office's fault... WHV Phils. imports their titles eh. naiinis lang ako sa source nila kasi minsan parang tinatamad sila i-edit yung mga covers... minsan may nakita na akong "manufactured in USA" na hindi natanggal dun sa cover na na-print... pero may "Made in Taiwan" pa rin sa ilalim. or yung screenshot of the menu na nasa cover does not match the menu on the actual disc. or worse... wala yung ilang features na listed! (they tend to get sloppy especially when it's not a title na "hot seller" like harry potter and such.)

but of course... these are exceptions and not the norm... warner is STILL perhaps the most reliable distributor here when it comes to DVDs.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2003 at 03:00 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline L O R D

• Collector
  • Be happy.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2003 at 10:09 PM »
it's probabaly not the local office's fault... WHV Phils. imports their titles eh. naiinis lang ako sa source nila kasi minsan parang tinatamad sila i-edit yung mga covers... minsan may nakita na akong "manufactured in USA" na hindi natanggal dun sa cover na na-print... pero may "Made in Taiwan" pa rin sa ilalim. or yung screenshot of the menu na nasa cover does not match the menu on the actual disc. or worse... wala yung ilang features na listed! (they tend to get sloppy especially when it's not a title na "hot seller" like harry potter and such.)

but of course... these are exceptions and not the norm... warner is STILL perhaps the most reliable distributor here when it comes to DVDs.

I am starting to doubt their reliability.  They did it again with the Treasure of the Sierra Madre R3 Special 2 disc edition.  Hope, they get their acts together. >:(

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2003 at 06:49 AM »
I am starting to doubt their reliability.  They did it again with the Treasure of the Sierra Madre R3 Special 2 disc edition.  Hope, they get their acts together. >:(

i agree... i hope warner would express these concerns to their head office here in asia and dp something about it...

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 11:05 AM »

Can we forward a compliant to Warner about this,too? Baka naman they can replace the R3s with R1s na kumpleto. I'll pay extra if need be, mas Ok na gumastos pero kumpleto kesa makatipid sa kulang-kulang.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 09:32 PM »
As far as the missing DTS track is concerned, I've been informed by Warner that certain internal issues (probably licensing problems reading between the lines) prevent them from releasing R3 DVDs with DTS tracks regardless of whether their R1 counterparts have them.

I'm still waiting for clarification as to why the packaging lists features that were omitted from the R3 release.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 09:56 PM »
As far as the missing DTS track is concerned, I've been informed by Warner that certain internal issues (probably licensing problems reading between the lines) prevent them from releasing R3 DVDs with DTS tracks regardless of whether their R1 counterparts have them.

I'm still waiting for clarification as to why the packaging lists features that were omitted from the R3 release.

thanks firewired! please tell them this is not the first time too... there are other titles (both old and new) ng warner that have features listed on the packaging but are absent on the disc... i think some have already been mentioned in this thread.  ;D

Offline kertner

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2004 at 01:32 AM »
can I ask for a refund, bought it last December and just got to watch it Jan 9 and yes PURO KULANG ANG SPECIAL FEATURES!!!! GRRRRRR >:(

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2004 at 07:06 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Kung sa Astro mo nabili yan, walang problema pag balik.  

good luck!  ;)

Offline kertner

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2004 at 12:47 AM »
thanks I'll try that

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
Re: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Extended Edition R3
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 07:45 PM »
there! found it... a lot bought this kasi sa recent astro sale... just bumping this up
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 09:01 PM »
thanks for this ymeeh... really upset that many have placed their complaints from the previous sale and yet no action was taken by the studio.. Silent Treatment Strategy.  :-\

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2005 at 11:58 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
while checking some news about Korean LE's, i was so surprised to discover that the Korean release of this title has DTS.. tsk tsk tsk..

weblink: http://www.madmad.co.kr/detail.html?dvd_id=15331