Author Topic: Need your expert advice buying new NMT  (Read 1369 times)

Offline andrewlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need your expert advice buying new NMT
« on: Dec 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM »
Hi guys,my current setup consists of the following:
>TV: Samsung UN60D7000
>Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609
>Console: PS3
>Current NMT: WDTV Live Plus
>File Server: Synology DS1812+ (all media files goes here, mostly 1080p mkv) (has plex server installed)

All hardwired through a cat6 gigabit network. Im looking to replace my current NMT. Looking for something that is fast (for hight bitrate videos), supports 2d/3d BD ISO (with menu is a plus), DTS-HD MA passthrough, good subtitle support, jukebox is a big plus. All my media are being fed through a gigabit network (hardwired) so I dont really need something that has HDD tray. My fileserver acts a downloader as well so torrent/downloader support isnt really needed. Willing to go up to 10kphp.

Tried to install plex on my smart tv, while it works really good for mkv playback, it doesnt support BD ISO and basically has no subtitle support. Doesnt support DTS-HD MA passthrough as well.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Need your expert advice buying new NMT
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
check 2D/3D playback ng 2D and 3D ISO, should be fine
check 3D.ISO with 2D and 3D menu and it currently wont play when you select play 3D
check Cinevia if it happens after 20 - 3o minutes of playback (audio is affected)
check BD menu navigation, sa Realtek 1186 is still a work in progress (i'd bet it will get resolved)

If you really are into 3D, grab a 3D BD player and grab the 3D BD for that FULL experience
Go the Media player route and you gotta learn to compromise given the choices out there,after stripping the jukebox, scrubbing  and UI, it all boils down to PQ and SQ that fits your setup.
toy

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2012 at 06:29 PM »
check 2D/3D playback ng 2D and 3D ISO, should be fine
check 3D.ISO with 2D and 3D menu and it currently wont play when you select play 3D
check Cinevia if it happens after 20 - 3o minutes of playback (audio is affected)
check BD menu navigation, sa Realtek 1186 is still a work in progress (i'd bet it will get resolved)

If you really are into 3D, grab a 3D BD player and grab the 3D BD for that FULL experience
Go the Media player route and you gotta learn to compromise given the choices out there,after stripping the jukebox, scrubbing  and UI, it all boils down to PQ and SQ that fits your setup.

What NMT na ba ang affected ng cinevia?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2012 at 06:31 PM »
What NMT na ba ang affected ng cinevia?

I'd like to Sigma based. Wala pa ko nakita sa Realtek 1186 pero maybe i dont have enough materials. any one has a list PM lang.
toy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2012 at 06:32 PM »
I'd like to Sigma based. Wala pa ko nakita sa Realtek 1186 pero maybe i dont have enough materials. any one has a list PM lang.

Cinavia pala lols. Check the latest resident evil retribution i have a Cinavia protection. Just get the iso 45GB 3D.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2012 at 07:14 PM »
>File Server: Synology DS1812+ (all media files goes here, mostly 1080p mkv) (has plex server installed)

All hardwired through a cat6 gigabit network. Im looking to replace my current NMT. Looking for something that is fast (for hight bitrate videos), supports 2d/3d BD ISO (with menu is a plus), DTS-HD MA passthrough, good subtitle support, jukebox is a big plus. All my media are being fed through a gigabit network (hardwired) so I dont really need something that has HDD tray. My fileserver acts a downloader as well so torrent/downloader support isnt really needed. Willing to go up to 10kphp.

Tried to install plex on my smart tv, while it works really good for mkv playback, it doesnt support BD ISO and basically has no subtitle support. Doesnt support DTS-HD MA passthrough as well.

Why don't you consider the top of the line AC Ryan Play On HD 3D.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM »

The Measy X5 can play 3D BD ISO's and has full menu support for 2D BD ISO's.  Great options available for subtitles and supports HD Audio (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD).

The best part is that the X5 has a gigabit LAN port.

Offline ana.pereira2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "He who does not economize will have to agonize"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM »
To earn what you can; spend what you must; give what you should, and save the rest—this is thrift.”

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
The Measy X5 can play 3D BD ISO's and has full menu support for 2D BD ISO's.  Great options available for subtitles and supports HD Audio (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD).

The best part is that the X5 has a gigabit LAN port.

So the X5 does not support BD menu with 3D bluray iso?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 07:09 PM »
So the X5 does not support BD menu with 3D bluray iso?

Nope.  I don't think there is an nmt at the moment which can do this (someone pls correct me if I'm wrong).