Author Topic: Audyssey pro installer/kit  (Read 1424 times)

Offline carlo.A

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Audyssey pro installer/kit
« on: Dec 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
I'm just curious on how much this is here. I've been reading on audyssey in how effective it is/not and came across the pro kit. Some says that it's best thing you can do for you experience and it'll surpass multi eq by miles.

Is it really that much better? I'm asking because I've I've always thought that calibrating all centered in the MLP. How does one make use of 32 points in a normal listening position in a non dedicated theater room, like a bedroom for instance.

I know know that there is no substitute for room acoustics but is the pro kit powerful enough to calculate so one doesn't need that much or any acoustics?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
Re: Audyssey pro installer/kit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2013 at 05:37 AM »
I'm just curious on how much this is here. I've been reading on audyssey in how effective it is/not and came across the pro kit. Some says that it's best thing you can do for you experience and it'll surpass multi eq by miles.

Is it really that much better? I'm asking because I've I've always thought that calibrating all centered in the MLP. How does one make use of 32 points in a normal listening position in a non dedicated theater room, like a bedroom for instance.

I know know that there is no substitute for room acoustics but is the pro kit powerful enough to calculate so one doesn't need that much or any acoustics?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

I am planning to acquire one if I can get a good deal >:D. Lets make this thing interesting. Below is a sample forum link showing what is this:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/audio-processing/46130-audyssey-pro-installer-kit-demystified.html#axzz2KJYYTc4b

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2013 at 05:47 AM by odyopayl »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 603
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2013 at 06:16 AM »
Carlo,

The Pro kit allows you to tailor the target response to your needs and/or preference. It also includes a higher quality microphone that makes better measurements. Even if you don't take advantage of the extra measurement points, it'd still perform better than the built-in/supplied Audyssey tools that come with most AVRs (granted that it's used properly).

Cheers,

Ivan
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2013 at 06:18 AM by Stagea »

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2013 at 06:39 AM »
If you want to know more about Audyssey Pro, the best resource, aside from the Audyssey website, is probably the dedicated thread at AVS Forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1346723/the-audyssey-pro-installer-kit-thread-faq-in-post-1

I have been using the Audyssey Pro kit for more than 3 years now and it is indeed a very powerful tool. The main problem is that you need an AVR which is compatible. Then there is the cost - $550 for the kit + $150 for each AVR that you calibrate.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2013 at 06:57 AM »
If you want to know more about Audyssey Pro, the best resource, aside from the Audyssey website, is probably the dedicated thread at AVS Forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1346723/the-audyssey-pro-installer-kit-thread-faq-in-post-1

I have been using the Audyssey Pro kit for more than 3 years now and it is indeed a very powerful tool. The main problem is that you need an AVR which is compatible. Then there is the cost - $550 for the kit + $150 for each AVR that you calibrate.
Hi bro, does this mean even lets say im using the same model as your AVR i would still have to spend $150?
ninjababez online ..

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 08:48 PM »
Hi bro, does this mean even lets say im using the same model as your AVR i would still have to spend $150?

Yes. Per unit ang fee.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2013 at 09:13 AM »
Yes. Per unit ang fee.
quite costly rin pala
syempre yung labor ng pro installer din
ninjababez online ..