Author Topic: What material to use to cover the silver foil color of insulator for roof?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
My would be hometheater roof has no drop ceiling.
You can see the metal beams and crossbeams that hold the roof with the usual insulator with the silver lining.

My question then is how do you change it to a darker color since there is no black color insulator available?
Out of the option is to buy a new insulator that has black color (bought the insulator already)
also out of the option for now to have it covered with a drop ceiling.

Any material that can be used to cover it(insulator) or paint it?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
My would be hometheater roof has no drop ceiling.
You can see the metal beams and crossbeams that hold the roof with the usual insulator with the silver lining.

My question then is how do you change it to a darker color since there is no black color insulator available?
Out of the option is to buy a new insulator that has black color (bought the insulator already)
also out of the option for now to have it covered with a drop ceiling.

Any material that can be used to cover it(insulator) or paint it?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Why not add a drop ceiling?  It's just metal joists supporting either hardiflex or gypsum boards.  If it's just for aesthetics I'd probably advise you to just consider a more functional drop ceiling. . . just my 2 centavos worth.  Mas sulit sa gastos drop ceiling eventually . . .

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
my brother and i exactly had the same dilemna in our resto..

we bought this whole roll of cloth from kamuning, then made in it into "droppings" sa ceiling..
inipit namin between the beams. ganda siya lumabas :)

others paint it, same color sila with the beams, pero mas maganda lumabas yung may droppings

Offline Macmon

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Why not add a drop ceiling?  It's just metal joists supporting either hardiflex or gypsum boards.  If it's just for aesthetics I'd probably advise you to just consider a more functional drop ceiling. . . just my 2 centavos worth.  Mas sulit sa gastos drop ceiling eventually . . .
Sir costing for now is my issue. Actually it is more for reflection of light issue when watching movies in the darkened room. My concern is it might cause distraction due to the reflective nature of the insulator.

my brother and i exactly had the same dilemna in our resto..

we bought this whole roll of cloth from kamuning, then made in it into "droppings" sa ceiling..

others paint it, same color sila with the beams, pero mas maganda lumabas yung may droppings

Sir do you have a picture of the ceiling? What kind of cloth did you use? Very much interested on the effect. thanks

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258

OT: It was also in Kamuning where I found true "blackout" curtains. :D

Back on topic:  I suggest you pay a visit there so you can see what tela solutions are available.

Offline Macmon

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
OT: It was also in Kamuning where I found true "blackout" curtains. :D

Back on topic:  I suggest you pay a visit there so you can see what tela solutions are available.

Is this the kamuning market area ?