Author Topic: Olive ONE  (Read 23936 times)

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Olive ONE
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 05:48 PM »
Bookmarked.  How much is the estimated price of Olive One in the Philippines?

afaik as of this moment online orders only through their site..

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 05:49 PM »
Guess i have to wait for real world reviews after their actual deliveries.  :-\  As of now, actual shipping date is a moving target date.  >:(

yeah needs lots of patience for this one..i have been waiting since feb pa lol

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 01:20 PM »
the shipping date is moved again..there are a lot of changes, but for the better..

here is what I received from the status update..
The Olive ONE has a single body die-casted aluminum enclosure, with a beautiful anodized finish and glossy glass touch-screen surface.

Olive ONE sports a user installable hard drive. Making the hard disk drive user installable involved solving a few design challenges. The hard drive will now reside in a small compartment on the underside of the ONE.

hard drive, now in a small compartment

As discussed in our last update email, we added premium-grade connectors directly to the Olive ONE, eliminating the need for the Olive PAC.
premium-grade connectors

Notice something? We have added Gigabit Ethernet to the Olive ONE! Many of you requested Ethernet connectivity during the Indiegogo campaign, but we were unable to add it due to the limitations of the Marvel processor used in the original design.

ONE will now come with a brand new Freescale processor with significant performance benefits:

The new Freescale processor shows significant increases
The new Freescale processor shows significant increases in navigation performance. Browsing through music libraries and transitions are now much more smooth and fluid. Additionally, video playback capability (e.g. for YouTube playback) improves considerably.

The change to a new processor is of course a major challenge, but the porting of our software has so far showed no major complications. Nevertheless, we want to communicate clearly that we still have not ported all of the software, and there might be unforeseen delays that can push the product delivery into November, which would be the worst case scenario.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #33 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 01:26 PM »
I hope they can update this and support dsd and dxd files for future-proofing.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 03:57 PM »
meron na ba nakareceive ng orders nila ng Olive? is it good?
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:02 PM »
wala pang na ship sir

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:23 PM »
wala pang na ship sir

yeah just saw it too. mukhang nauurong ng nauurong, they keep on changing it and increasing the price, form USD399 to USD499 for the base model. parang nate-turn off tuloy ako.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:26 PM »
^ wait nyo na lang sir siguro mga reviews..I am an early adopter so lets see what happens

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #38 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:35 PM »
They just recently added an ethernet port ..... saw it in facebook.  Look for their facebook page

Mukhang di pa sila tapos mag modify dahil nakikita nila ang competition and their original concept is already becoming obsolete.  Dumadating na ang DSD capability.  Baka isingit pa nila yun, eh baka di na makapag mass produce yan ......  Be patient na lang ..... good luck.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:57 PM »
^ actually final na sir ang features...no DSD capability yan I am pretty sure..they can't just change the DAC in a fly..the initial target market for this is not really hardcore audiophiles..also they added digital out so if somebody wants to plug their favorite DAC..I am not sure what do you mean the original concept is already becoming obsolete?
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013 at 04:59 PM by disturbed »

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #40 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 05:34 PM »
Well... maybe wrong choice of words..... but originally they only wanted it to be simple as plug and play.  Plug in your hard disk and play your music with remote control.  Later they added a lot of features due to the demand of the people who supported the idea.  And I would think they had to give in to the requests as a lot of new products came in with better and/or more features.  It's quite been quite a long time and they have not yet shipped the final product.

With the current configuration with all the additional features, i think its cool.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 16, 2013 at 06:17 PM »
^ yeah its nearing one year or has it been one year since the campaign started..it was really meant to be an all-in-one device..but majority want some flexibility that is why additonal outputs were requested..hopefully in the end it will deliver.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #42 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 01:04 AM »
end of november latest email sa kin..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 04:04 AM »
looks like a lonely xmas for us :(

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 07:29 AM »
Latest email..

We are excited to announce that we have just received a small batch of production units of the new Olive ONE, and the first shipment is scheduled to go out to our customers in December.

Next Steps
Shipping of the Olive ONE will happen in several stages. The first shipment in December will go out to a small number of customers who have volunteered to test the ONE thoroughly and work with us to get the software through the home stretch. Although we've already tested ONE with a wide range of different phones, network equipment and UPnP sources, there is no substitute for a "real" market test to ensure compatibility in various environments and settings.

Since testing will require some technical background, an ideal volunteer will have a good understanding of IT and will have owned a networked music player, such as a Logitech Squeezebox, in the past. To participate as a testing volunteer, please fill out our short questionnaire. If you're selected as a volunteer, we will reach out to you with a confirmation of your participation.

Once we have received adequate test feedback and implemented improvements, we will send the remaining Olive ONE orders. Currently, we estimate that the testing and implementation phase will take about 4-6 weeks after the volunteers receive their products. This means that all customers will receive a fully tested and approved Olive ONE in the first quarter of next year. The first big shipment, estimated for end of January, will go out to Indiegogo backers, who have already prepaid for the product. If you want to be included in this shipment, please click here and provide your authorization.

In closing, we at Olive want to thank you again for your continuous support of this project. Since the initial start of the Indiegogo campaign, we have come a long way and made some considerable changes to customize the ONE to your liking. We regret the delay in shipping these early units of the Olive ONE, but we are committed to releasing a robust product incorporating pre- and post-production customer input. We made improvements to the ONE’s feature mix based on that input, and feel the ONE is much better thanks to your help.

As always, please feel free to simply reply to this email with any questions or concerns. We appreciate your feedback and will get back to you promptly.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 at 07:37 AM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013 at 09:27 AM by oReOsHaKe »

Offline melbourne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM »

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 02:19 PM »
the backers will be shipped with the ONE by 1st quarter..so yung nag pre-order after ng fund raising kelan kaya?

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 01:32 PM »
the backers will be shipped with the ONE by 1st quarter..so yung nag pre-order after ng fund raising kelan kaya?
they have a promo today, 100dollars Off. Pushed to Feb 2014 ang shipping.

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 01:40 PM »

so how much na lang? can't see any promo

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 01:46 PM »

You have the url sir?

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 04:01 PM »
got the email of the promo..they are sending it to my office email not my personal email

1. Visit our online store at www.myoliveone.com and order your Olive ONE.
2. Forward your order confirmation email to [email protected] with promo code "OGFT100".
Your discount will then be automatically applied to your order.
Note: Your credit card will not be charged before Olive ONE ships, which is estimated for February 2014. You may cancel any time before ONE ships.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 05:03 PM »
got the email of the promo..they are sending it to my office email not my personal email

My promo before was $150.00, $50 for discount and $100.00 for 2-year warranty.  Is the new $100.00 promo for a full discount?

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 05:05 PM »
^ i guess that it is a full discount..so if 499 sya ngaun 399 na lang?

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 05:18 PM »
I received an email from them, part of their Cyber MOnday special

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 05:18 PM »
My promo before was $150.00, $50 for discount and $100.00 for 2-year warranty.  Is the new $100.00 promo for a full discount?

yes full discount.

"Take advantage of this promotion: 

1. Visit our online store at www.myoliveone.com and order your Olive ONE.

2. Forward your order confirmation email to [email protected] with promo code "OGFT100".

Your discount will then be automatically applied to your order.

Note: Your credit card will not be charged before Olive ONE ships, which is estimated for February 2014. You may cancel any time before ONE ships.
"
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2013 at 05:20 PM by anchit »

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM »
meron ng balita sa release ng nagpre-order?

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM »
sa mga backers sir from last year this march na ang target..patapos na sila sa beta testing..so after ma deploy ung sa mga backers..dun sa mga nag pre order naman

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 08, 2014 at 06:51 PM »
Did any of you receive an email from Olive? Saying that they would be shipping your Olive? I got one a couple of weeks ago... however, I only saw it today since I don't check my yahoo mail as often as I should.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM »
A couple of weeks ago? No, I didn't receive any..I didn't know Olive will be shipping the One..but they did send emails to backers on the shipping address confirmation over the weekend..hopefully they will ship them out before March ends..beta testing is still ongoing and production per last update is revving up.