• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind. Rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Flac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2013 at 02:39 AM »
I use EAC when I needed to rip my cd's to bring up my ratio in what.cd

Now i just download them (100% log if possible).
Getting to audiophile status, one small step at a time.

Offline mooonsterx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM »
I use foobar2000, same with the other bros above. For playing flac and Converting them files to 320bitrate cbr mp3. Got it from recommendations around the net. Works good, simple & fast.

Interface is quite simple too.
-select folder to add from the file menu (folder containing your flac tracks).
-highlight all tracks when displayed.
-right click. convert. a window will appear.
-select output file type & quality. (mp3, 320kbps cbr for me - highest)
-select folder transfer destination or create one from browsing.
-press back button after all preferences have been chosen.
-click convert(start) button.
-you're done.
......I'm pretty sure that's the workflow, but do let me know if I have missed something. :)

Offline Kambyero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 08:44 PM »
Foobar2000 is hands-down the best music program for PC (poor Winamp and its commercialization). To rip to FLAC, you'll need the open codec, though.
I like Batman.
We write about video games as art.

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 09:14 PM »
How true.

Reminds me of another blind test I read a few years back on whether so-called audiophiles can distinguish CD music from a 320 mp3 file.  A song would be played and announced as coming from a CD and a minute later, the same song would be played and announced as an MP3 file. 70% of the respondents said they heard sonic differences. The tester took the results as it was which proved his hypothesis.  He did not have the heart to reveal that all the while, he was playing 192 mp3 files throughout the test.  ;D

It was a thesis for a master's degree.  And the title was:  The psychology of biased perception in consumer behaviour.
with 320 mahirap nga.but with 192 to 128 halata na specialy mid to low sa experience ko.hindi po ako audiophile
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline splerdu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 02:57 PM »
Yes, you can demultiplex the file then decode the demuxed audio track for re-encoding to flac. :)

+1 this, but probably better to just mux the audio stream straight (meaning direct stream copy, so no recompression applied) into an .m4a or multichannel .wma file instead of converting to flac.

Unless you have the original DTS-HD Master track, most likely the audio stream is already compressed using AAC or AC3. If you re-encode to flac it will still be AAC or AC3 quality at best but the resulting file will be 5x bigger because you will be expanding from the lossy compression to what is essentially zipped PCM.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2013 at 02:58 PM by splerdu »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #36 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 07:17 PM »
mga experts, patanong naman ... how do I edit the song names after ripping the CD to FLAC format ... even if I rename the files on Windows, only the track number is displayed on Foobar and other media players ... i'm using EAC for ripping
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 07:45 PM »
mga experts, patanong naman ... how do I edit the song names after ripping the CD to FLAC format ... even if I rename the files on Windows, only the track number is displayed on Foobar and other media players ... i'm using EAC for ripping
try mo dbpoweramp...metacafe ...may name na ..konti lang ung wala jus make sure your connected via internet..try mo din foobar..lagyan mo na agad mg name
Love me or hate me.....

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #38 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 08:25 AM »
Mga sisters, san ba pwedeng mag download ng pinoy music FLAC?
Hirap maghanap sa torrents...hehehe..salamat po..
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #39 on: Jul 18, 2013 at 05:05 AM »
Try out the A/B/X blind testing component of foobar2000.

I've done some extensive testing on it a while back and I was able to correctly identify FLAC from MP3s for approximately about 50% of a random selection of a lot of music.  I've come to the conclusion that certain songs do sound lossless in FLAC while others will sound no different from MP3s. The most noticeable difference is with the higher frequency instruments such as the cymbals and high hats which tend to have artifacts with lossy encoding. There also seems to be a bit more airyness with lossless audio with some musical recordings.

You will have to listen intently to tell the differences. For everyday listening on any sound system I do agree that MP3s are good enough and that lossless is best for critical listening and archival purposes.

I agree with this