Author Topic: Removing DRM and Region Coding in BD playback  (Read 11241 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Removing DRM and Region Coding in BD playback
« on: Jan 02, 2013 at 01:29 PM »
Is there a free software to remove the copyrights and region coding when playing BDs in HTPCs?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Removing DRM and Region Coding in BD playback
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 01:51 PM »
If it's the disc, diba selectable ang region through the software player like TMT or PowerDVD? If it's a rip, try Bluray Region Code Remover Ver 2.5 something something freeware. Doesnt work all the time though. Or you can try Simple BD mode sa NMT.  However, meron talagang rips na no workaround ang region lock.

Is there a free software to remove the copyrights and region coding when playing BDs in HTPCs?
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM »
If it's the disc, diba selectable ang region through the software player like TMT or PowerDVD? If it's a rip, try Region Code Remover something something freeware. Doesnt work all the time though. Or you can try Simple BD mode sa NMT.  However, meron talagang rips na no workaround ang region lock.

Bluray region selection on bluray software is limited to 3 or 5 change only. There is a region changer software but its not free this is what im using with my HTPC that's why my HTPC is region free. When i play bluray iso or disc it ussually ask for the region code of the bluray i play changing the bluray region is unlimited. There are also software that you can use to rip your bluray disck to folder or iso you will check the remove region code and it will create a Bluray folder or iso region free. You can check DVDFab but its not free but it does the job without no issue's.

http://www.dvdfab.com/
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:14 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:37 PM »
Bluray region selection on bluray software is limited to 3 or 5 change only. There is a region changer software but its not free this is what im using with my HTPC that's why my HTPC is region free. When i play bluray iso or disc it ussually ask for the region code of the bluray i play changing the bluray region is unlimited. There are also software that you can use to rip your bluray disck to folder or iso you will check the remove region code and it will create a Bluray folder or iso region free. You can check DVDFab but its not free but it does the job without no issue's.

Naku eh di mas issues yan brader? ;D ;D ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 04:11 PM »
If it's the disc, diba selectable ang region through the software player like TMT or PowerDVD? If it's a rip, try Bluray Region Code Remover Ver 2.5 something something freeware. Doesnt work all the time though. Or you can try Simple BD mode sa NMT.  However, meron talagang rips na no workaround ang region lock.

I didn't know that BD ISOs still have region coding.  I thought when it is ripped, automatically the Region coding and the copyrights are removed by the ripping software.

So ok na pala to watch BDs with just PowerDVD straightforward?  I was using ANYDVD HD (cracked version) before and it does the job as all DVDs and BDs that are inserted in the drive is being scanned by it and I never had any problems with playback.  Problem is the key doesn't work anymore and is asking for an update or something.  Tapos the BDs won't play anymore in PowerDVD.   Kaya I'm looking for other alternatives na baka pwede freeware. 

Sige I'll check DVDfab din.  In my search I also encountered MakeMKV pero I don't know if it will work on the fly.

Wala bang problem sa Cinavia or other BD copyright protection?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 04:31 PM »
I didn't know that BD ISOs still have region coding.  I thought when it is ripped, automatically the Region coding and the copyrights are removed by the ripping software.

So ok na pala to watch BDs with just PowerDVD straightforward?  I was using ANYDVD HD (cracked version) before and it does the job as all DVDs and BDs that are inserted in the drive is being scanned by it and I never had any problems with playback.  Problem is the key doesn't work anymore and is asking for an update or something.  Tapos the BDs won't play anymore in PowerDVD.   Kaya I'm looking for other alternatives na baka pwede freeware. 

There are BD iso's kasi minsan na di natatanggal nung nag rip ang region code that's why minsan ginagawa ko i rip the BD again. Mount to virtual drive the rip again.

Yah its ok naman to play bluray disc straight from powerdvd or any bluray sofware but region code change has a limited changes only. You can use passkey for bluray.

Passkey for Blu-ray
Passkey for Blu-ray moves all Blu-ray copy protections out for you, gives you the ability to set up your Blu-ray players "multi-region"/"region-free". So you are totally free to watch any Blu-ray, and you can get access to the Blu-ray content with other tool compatible with it.

Sige I'll check DVDfab din.  In my search I also encountered MakeMKV pero I don't know if it will work on the fly.

Wala bang problem sa Cinavia or other BD copyright protection?

Right now cinavia is the main problem on playing BD iso using powerdvd and Arcsoft TMT as i encounter some that it will mute after 30 minutes of playing but manage to play them using by using old version of powerdvd and new version of windvd. As of the new version of powerdvd and TMT they already included cinavia on they new software version but for windvd it's not yet included.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 04:51 PM »
Thats why I value having both Full BD Nav and Simple BD mode. In most cases, Region Lock can be bypassed through Simple BD.

Cinavia - Thats why the PCH-A2XX is more valuable than my HTPC and perhaps even the A400.  Hehe.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 05:23 PM »
Thats why I value having both Full BD Nav and Simple BD mode. In most cases, Region Lock can be bypassed through Simple BD.

Cinavia - Thats why the PCH-A2XX is more valuable than my HTPC and perhaps even the A400.  Hehe.

Work around on those protection will always be available so we can bypass and enjoy those bluray iso. Soon DVDFab will be having their own bluray software with no cinavia feature. I like HTPC wil 2D/3D iso as the 2D can be switch to 3D.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 at 05:23 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 05:35 PM »
My Wife's 3DTV and my friends' A400 and R300S can very nicely do 2D to 3D simulation in a flick of the remote.  No valuable waiting period at all especially for impatient family and friends. Hello to Ana Perreira.  Hehe.  The HTPC is such a waste of something something something for me. Hehe.  Serious but also kidding with no intention to piss off anyone. Hehe.

Work around on those protection will always be available so we can bypass and enjoy those bluray iso. Soon DVDFab will be having their own bluray software with no cinavia feature. I like HTPC wil 2D/3D iso as the 2D can be switch to 3D.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 05:37 PM »
My Wife's 3DTV and my friends' A400 and R300S can very nicely do 2D to 3D simulation in a flick of the remote.  No valuable waiting period at all especially for impatient family and friends. Hello to Ana Perreira.  Hehe.  The HTPC is such a waste of something something something for me. Hehe.  Serious but also kidding with no intention to piss off anyone. Hehe.

Tama ka nasa kanya kanya naman na need yan chief. Not all naman eh like ang NMT and HTPC so it depend sa need ng tao. Ako kasi need ko din HTPC for playing online games. Dual purpose na din kasi.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 05:51 PM »
If all things fail on a standalone media player, the PC is still my last resort anyways.  And it probably produces better image quality for large screen projectors.

Tama ka nasa kanya kanya naman na need yan chief. Not all naman eh like ang NMT and HTPC so it depend sa need ng tao. Ako kasi need ko din HTPC for playing online games. Dual purpose na din kasi.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 06:01 PM »
If all things fail on a standalone media player, the PC is still my last resort anyways.  And it probably produces better image quality for large screen projectors.

Tama bro i just tweak my HTPC and it produce a PQ like plasama in my viewing. Madami din kasi ako HDD and i need them in one box para upgrade upgrade lang ng HDD ang gagawin ko.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 07:36 PM »
Ako naman for 2D playback for BDs, BD ISOs, MKVs, music streaming still HTPC.  Just bought the Measy X6 for 3D playback.  Without 3D, HTPC is still for me.  Ease and simplicity done with a Media Center like XBMC and a PC remote as I demoed here;)
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013 at 06:53 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 07:48 AM »
Is Bluray disc (orig) playback possible in an NMT? 

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 08:01 AM »
I think puede sa C series ng PCH and that of Egreat pero the PCH has got to be region locked malamang.

Is Bluray disc (orig) playback possible in an NMT? 

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 08:04 AM »
Ako naman for 2D playback for BDs, BD ISOs, MKVs, music streaming still HTPC.  Just bought the Measy X6 for 3D playback.  Without 3D, HTPC is still for me.  Ease and simplicity done with a Media Center like XBMC and a PC remote as I demoed here;)

Di ba you can also use XMBC for iso playing of bluray and orig disc you just need to tweak and use third party player. AFAIK they're latest version can already played a bluray iso on the internal player but no BD menu.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 09:55 AM »
Di ba you can also use XMBC for iso playing of bluray and orig disc you just need to tweak and use third party player. AFAIK they're latest version can already played a bluray iso on the internal player but no BD menu.

Yup pwede na.  Pag BD ISO no need of virtual drive software.   Pag BD disc ok din but needs software to remove copyright and region coding.   Possible using MakeMKV.  Both BD lite lang sans the menu. 

http://lifehacker.com/5621471/how-to-enable-blu+ray-playback-in-xbmc

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 10:01 AM »
I think puede sa C series ng PCH and that of Egreat pero the PCH has got to be region locked malamang.

Ah ok na din.  Looking at the price of the PCH C series and my E350 machine (w/ dedicated GPU and BD ROM) mukhang same lang ang cost.  Nagkakatalo lang if you will be paying for the OS and the region coding and copyright removal software which is really up to the user this is considering that you will be using XBMC (freeware) as your media center.  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013 at 10:03 AM by nerveblocker »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 10:45 AM »
Yup pwede na.  Pag BD ISO no need of virtual drive software.   Pag BD disc ok din but needs software to remove copyright and region coding.   Possible using MakeMKV.  Both BD lite lang sans the menu. 

http://lifehacker.com/5621471/how-to-enable-blu+ray-playback-in-xbmc

Ang cons lang wala siya BD menu. So gagawin mo muna siya MKV? Ayaw ko na kasi MKV kaya pinapalitan ko na mga mkv to iso. I like the BD menu with extras i like to view the extra lalo na if how they make those stunt scene and the deleted scene.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 10:56 AM »
Ang cons lang wala siya BD menu. So gagawin mo muna siya MKV? Ayaw ko na kasi MKV kaya pinapalitan ko na mga mkv to iso. I like the BD menu with extras i like to view the extra lalo na if how they make those stunt scene and the deleted scene.

So far wala pang BD Menus pero in the future releases siguro.  If you want BD menus you have to use an external player like PowerDVD for the BD/BD ISO.  Hmmm...parang nagka idea ako ah.

By the way, is there any software to convert the BD folders to ISO?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 11:04 AM »
So far wala pang BD Menus pero in the future releases siguro.  If you want BD menus you have to use an external player like PowerDVD for the BD/BD ISO.  Hmmm...parang nagka idea ako ah.

Mag external player ka chief mas maganda to play iso and one more yung mga player now can be resumed where you stop it. Ayaw ko kasi nung PQ ng internal player ng XMBC compare to PQ of third party software. You can use the free iso creator imageburn for the folder of bluray to iso it will check automatically the folder if bluray or not and set the iso creation to bluray settings.

http://www.imgburn.com/
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 02:29 PM »
Mag external player ka chief mas maganda to play iso and one more yung mga player now can be resumed where you stop it. Ayaw ko kasi nung PQ ng internal player ng XMBC compare to PQ of third party software. You can use the free iso creator imageburn for the folder of bluray to iso it will check automatically the folder if bluray or not and set the iso creation to bluray settings.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Agree! I am presently using Splash Pro for my mkvs and am satisfied before with PowerDVD for my BDs. Pag mga 42 inch Or smaller TVs pwede na siguro yung internal player for 'NMT' like ease of use ng XBMC.  But definitely for PJ use, kelangan na talaga ng external player for better PQ.  Yun lang nga you would also need mouse functions from your remote.

Tingin ko yung internal player ng XBMC would be similar to an NMT in terms of PQ. Kelangan talaga ng shootout nito.   ;D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
Agree! I am presently using Splash Pro for my mkvs and am satisfied before with PowerDVD for my BDs. Pag mga 42 inch Or smaller TVs pwede na siguro yung internal player for 'NMT' like ease of use ng XBMC.  But definitely for PJ use, kelangan na talaga ng external player for better PQ.  Yun lang nga you would also need mouse functions from your remote.

Tingin ko yung internal player ng XBMC would be similar to an NMT in terms of PQ. Kelangan talaga ng shootout nito.   ;D

Maganda sa bluray iso yun corel windvd with feature of Motion streamliner Increase frame rate and interpolate frames to remove the jitters from fast motion video.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 06:12 PM »
Kitams, champion talaga NMT na Sigma powered.  No need to worry kung BD Structure or BD ISO because isang flick lang ng Remote, play na complete with BD-J, including seamless branching disks.  Hihihi.  Tsip majority ng Full BD rips are in BD Structure.  Derecho naman kaya ng TMT and PowerDVD ang Folder play.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 06:42 PM »
Kitams, champion talaga NMT na Sigma powered.  No need to worry kung BD Structure or BD ISO because isang flick lang ng Remote, play na complete with BD-J, including seamless branching disks.  Hihihi.  Tsip majority ng Full BD rips are in BD Structure.  Derecho naman kaya ng TMT and PowerDVD ang Folder play.

Powerdvd can't play BD folder structure only TMT. NMT doesnot have the BD menu which i like now for the extra features and deleted scene.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 07:02 PM »
Friendly wager, how high are you willing to bet on this? I can use the extra cash for my charities. Hihi

NMT doesnot have the BD menu which i like now for the extra features and deleted scene.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 07:23 PM »
Friendly wager, how high are you willing to bet on this? I can use the extra cash for my charities. Hihi

Haha meron nga pala. Pero in 3D wala di ba. I have ask you na nga pala regarding this on another thread.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2013 at 08:41 PM »
Sa HTPC kaya naman gawin lahat yan but it would entail different programs (and if legit more costly). More features, more workarounds thus defeating simplicity. No right or wrong naman.  Depends really on the needs and tech know how of the user. 

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 08:09 AM »
Sa HTPC kaya naman gawin lahat yan but it would entail different programs (and if legit more costly). More features, more workarounds thus defeating simplicity. No right or wrong naman.  Depends really on the needs and tech know how of the user.

Tama.  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:04 AM »

Sa XBMC kaya ang folder play but you have to navigate it to bdmv.index and it will play the movie.  Pag ISO naman, click on the ISO file then it will play the movie.