Author Topic: Removing DRM and Region Coding in BD playback  (Read 11238 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Removing DRM and Region Coding in BD playback
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 12:31 AM »
I have tried Makemkv.  Before I installed it, when I use PowerDVD a window pops up for me to confirm the region code of the BD.  When Makemkv was already installed, I noticed thai it scans the disc first.  Around 30 secs to complete the scan.  When I played the disc using PowerDVD, the region code window doesn't pop up anymore.  It has a 30 day trial but it is categorized as freeware/shareware. 

I was able to rip 2 BDs already with it maintaining HD audio.  Very good playback of the encoded file.  One file was 22GB and the other was 32GB.   ;D

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 07:08 AM »
I have tried Makemkv.  Before I installed it, when I use PowerDVD a window pops up for me to confirm the region code of the BD.  When Makemkv was already installed, I noticed thai it scans the disc first.  Around 30 secs to complete the scan.  When I played the disc using PowerDVD, the region code window doesn't pop up anymore.  It has a 30 day trial but it is categorized as freeware/shareware. 

I was able to rip 2 BDs already with it maintaining HD audio.  Very good playback of the encoded file.  One file was 22GB and the other was 32GB.   ;D

Nice one but i prefer remuxing extracting the video, audio and sub from bluray then mux with mkvmerge so theres no encoding involve and the video video stay as like bluray video. Makemkv region code is same with dvdfab bluray passkey but its a bit faster and the region code will appear and you will just choose it.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 10:03 AM »
The files that I have encoded BD quality as you can see in the file sizes.  I cannot see any difference from the BD itself.  Even better than the 1080p mkvs that I have downloaded.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 10:43 AM »
The files that I have encoded BD quality as you can see in the file sizes.  I cannot see any difference from the BD itself.  Even better than the 1080p mkvs that I have downloaded.

Have you check the m2ts file size on the bluray disc is same as the mkv or a bit smaller since i believe you remove some hd audio and sub you just put english hd audio and sub.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 11:09 AM »
Got the main feature, english hd audio, core audio (dts,dd), and english subtitle lang. Btw, I want to just get the 2D movie in 3D BDs. How would I know if it's the 2D or 3D version from the file list?  I can see in one 3D BD 2 large files but looks identical in name.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 11:53 AM »
Got the main feature, english hd audio, core audio (dts,dd), and english subtitle lang. Btw, I want to just get the 2D movie in 3D BDs. How would I know if it's the 2D or 3D version from the file list?  I can see in one 3D BD 2 large files but looks identical in name.

Hindi kasi ako gumagamit ng makemkv. I use tsMuxer to extract video, audio and sub free pa siya then merge with MKVmerge. Pero may isa pa ako na mas magandang pang demux di ko lang matandaan yung software name. Yung gamit ko now kahit multi branch na m2ts kaya niya ilagay sa isang file.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2013 at 11:32 PM »
Heres the software i ussualy use to extract the main movie. If 3D you will see two movie right and left anything of the will do if you extract. Choose the HD Stream Extractor for bluray demuxing.

HD Stream Extractor. 
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.