Author Topic: Guys I have a complaint (mods please feel free to transfer or erase)  (Read 12203 times)

Offline PRIME

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
here's what happened to me guys...

I'd like to share with you a very bad incident I experienced with Sights and Sounds... here's a brief backgrounder on the deal...

it started on December 30, I called up Jun regarding the promo of the PSB Speaker promo for Citibank (as shown) PSB Image C5 according to their price list costs P3999 cash out and P999 @ month for 12 months to my understanding.

I inquired as to the stock availability, and Jun said it wasn't available, but will place an order on my behalf as to when I would be able to pick it up from their shop.  Of course before I placed an order, I confirmed with Jun the pricing as it was indicated on the promo price list, and it was good as per Jun.

I left my number so Jun could text me when it would be available at the soonest.  but since I hadn't received a call or text, I PM'd Vic (E-Reply) about the arrangement with Jun and reassured him that since I was a sure buyer, it shouldnt be any trouble for them to immediately process my order.  Vic said he'd refer this back to his staff for them to get back to me.

Yesterday, Jan 3, 2013, Jun texted me to inform me that my order PSB Image C5 was already available for pickup. 

I proceeded to their shop in Shangri-La right after work arriving at 8pm, Jun brought out the stock I ordered and we proceeded to the cashier where she asked Jun, what the price for the PSB Image C5 and he showed her the hard copy of the promo price list.  The cashier called up Vic to confirm that the price was correct as per the promo and she passed the phone to me. 

I spoke with Vic, he said "Brad, mali yung nasa post, hindi na yun ang price, tsaka nagkausap na tayo, sinabi ko sa iyo na hindi na yun ang presyo"

to which I replied " Vic, this is the first time I spoke to you through the phone, never pa tayo nagkausap, baka iba naiisip mo nakausap mo"

to which he said "hindi, ikaw lang sa lahat ng customer ko me order ng PSB na speaker"... so I asked him, "ano na presyo mo dito?" (referring to my order) he said "ibigay mo yung phone sa staff ko para ibigay ko yung presyo"

she put the phone down and told me the REAL price was P8000 cash out and P999 monthly

I'm offended that Vic would insinuate that I was trying to pull a fast on him by saying that he'd talked to me before.  I hadn't spoken to him before that.  it was a PM.  I didn't feel the need to discuss the price with him because it was already confirmed to me by Jun when I called him earlier to place the order.  If there was a problem, it was on his side. 

I would have preferred an apology stating someone had made a mistake and I would have gone my merry way, even after having lost 3 hours of my day to traffic going all the way to Shangri-La from Sta. Rosa.

I'm not a bigtime customer and perhaps he gives his preferential treatment to those who spend more in his store, but don't I deserve the same respect he gives those guys?...

It wasn't my fault that I was MISLEAD into thinking the price was lower, in which case how come I feel I was the one who did something wrong?

Its disapointing that I got treated this way, this is an awesome forum, but this just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. 

here's the price list as of 10pm tonight hasn't been corrected to reflect his NEW price for the IMAGE C5

Thats what happened.  BAHALA NA KAYO mga Masters and GURUS.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
At least hindi ka nag all-CAPS, for EMPHASIS.

Seriously though, if there was a promo price advertised, and if it was agreed upon, then, it seems to me the seller has to stick with that price. If they cannot (due to price changes from their suppliers, etc.), then they have to be upfront and say so.

If you have your agreement/conversation with e-reply "captured" via pm, then, you could send that to him to "remind" him of that prior agreement.

Sorry to hear about this issue of yours, bro.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
+1

Buyer has the basis for the deal and since ordered na yun, its seems a done deal. Seller might have confused buyer with someone else na nakausap nya rin, (business afterall is good i guess).

Kung talagang nagkamali sa presyo sa promo, which happens, baka puede na i-honor kung kaya, then correct right away pang pricing post.

Aray ko!, I can only imagine how bad the buyer felt leaving for home on a Friday weekend without the goodies on hand. 

Sana maayos yan agad. baka puedeng ibigay na since happy New Year, Happy New Gear na lang yan.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 at 11:15 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
I too knew of that pricing mistake way way back when they first posted it. I knew there is going to be a discrepancy since I verified the correct price from the local distributor, hifi plus. The correct SRP of the Image C5 is 21k.

To make you feel better, the prices Rex gave you on your new PSB set has to be the best price around  ;) Me, Courage and Bartender got it from him too. Wala ng bababa pa kapag si Rex na ang nagbigay ng presyo. Maximum Dealer discount kagad   :)

Congrats pala on your new T6  ;)

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
tama, send him your previous PMs.

yung case nga nung nakabili ng AnthonyAudio speaker, huli na ng malaman nyang naka sale pala at ang pagkabenta sa kanya ay sa regular price but when he asked Anthony binigay sa kanya ang promo price. ;)

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
its not a good experience at all when you found out that the price were changed. I also experience alot of those here sa kuwait. pabago bago kasi dito ng prices. Anyway, hope magawan ng paraan ng SnS or if not, try to look for another brand na lang.

Mas mainam bro dito mo na lang ipost ang hinaing mo sa thread na ito, nasa market section kasi tayo. mas mabibigyan ng attention sakali yung nangyari sa iyo.

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,140979.0.html

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
I'm sure as soon as Vic read this, he will do something about it. BTW, did you still purchase the C5?

I guess you have every right to feel what you are feeling right now. I am with you bro. Price posted should be honored. Hope you get this straightened out soon. Don't worry bro, this doesn't happen very often here in PDVD. In my 10 years here, I have not experience anything negative. Let us wait and see from Vic and Jun of SnS their side of the story.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
I know it's a small price for the business to absorb, but hindi rin naman ok magbenta ng palugi ... if there's an honest mistake, they should've at least apologized to the buyer if they could not honor the previous price ... and better to update the promo list
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
I know it's a small price for the business to absorb, but hindi rin naman ok magbenta ng palugi ... if there's an honest mistake, they should've at least apologized to the buyer if they could not honor the previous price ... and better to update the promo list

I agree with this, dapat parati updated ang pricelist, although its tough on them because they have other things to do, kasama sa negosyo nila ang to keep people informed accurately.  Sana naman maayos yung issue na yan, Jun and Vic have already built a good reputation with the community of PDVD.  As a matter of fact ngayon ko lang narining na sumablay sila sa pag treat ng customer. 

One good example of a similar incident happened in the marketplace recently, a seller builds wooden speaker stands and nagkamali sila ng quote sa customer,  because it was their mistake they made it known to the public that it was a mistake and that they will honor the wrong quote but immediately declared afterwards that they charge higher than that para wala nang confusion in the future.  The price between speaker stands and speakers cannot be compared but I guess the same principle in honoring your word should be applied.

My two cents.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Hassle to ah. Pinaghihirapan natin pambili ng gears e. I hope we can get the side of SnS.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47

I'm offended that Vic would insinuate that I was trying to pull a fast on him by saying that he'd talked to me before.  I hadn't spoken to him before that.  it was a PM.  I didn't feel the need to discuss the price with him because it was already confirmed to me by Jun when I called him earlier to place the order.  If there was a problem, it was on his side. 

I would have preferred an apology stating someone had made a mistake and I would have gone my merry way, even after having lost 3 hours of my day to traffic going all the way to Shangri-La from Sta. Rosa.

xxx

It wasn't my fault that I was MISLEAD into thinking the price was lower, in which case how come I feel I was the one who did something wrong?

Its disapointing that I got treated this way, this is an awesome forum, but this just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Knowing Vic, I'm sure wala naman malice intended with the way he talked to you. Ganun lang sya talaga magsalita.

In any event, in this day and age wherein world class customer service is the way to do business, there should have been a sincere apology at the very least.

Offline gl168

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Unfair naman sa SNS na mag benta sila ng palugi
puwera na lang kung may text o pm ka na patunay
na inalok sa yo sa ganong presyo

Offline gl168

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
tama, send him your previous PMs.

yung case nga nung nakabili ng AnthonyAudio speaker, huli na ng malaman nyang naka sale pala at ang pagkabenta sa kanya ay sa regular price but when he asked Anthony binigay sa kanya ang promo price. ;)

unfair naman ata i-compare ito sa case nung anthony audio na promo

reseller lang sila Mr. Vic, sa palagay ko maliit lang kita nila at mahihirapan
silang mag bigay ng malaking discount o promo

On the other hand, how much do you think aaudio makes on an 18k floor speaker?
baka hindi lang 10thou bro.  In other words, kaya nila mag bigay ng discount at mga
promo kasi factory, sila sns, hindi

just my opinion

Offline juanbote

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • sonic nirvana? only in my dreams
  • Liked:
Just consult DTI at baka may maitulong sila sa kaso mo.

Palabra de honor dapat pinahalagahan.

Nakakasama talaga ng loob ang nangyari sa iyo.
PCCians, KB84-Accuphase E405, C200L and P300S, Richard Allan Dual Cone FR speakers.

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
an honest mistake just needs an honest apology! :)
WCH CM U?

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Wag naman DTI agad..maboteng usapang lang maayos na yan ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
I agree with this, dapat parati updated ang pricelist, although its tough on them because they have other things to do, kasama sa negosyo nila ang to keep people informed accurately.  Sana naman maayos yung issue na yan, Jun and Vic have already built a good reputation with the community of PDVD.  As a matter of fact ngayon ko lang narining na sumablay sila sa pag treat ng customer. 
classmate may mga naging issues na sila dati, pero di naman nagpapabaya sila Vic.  Im sure gagawan nila ng paraan ito para maayos.  Nung nagtampo ako dyan dati kay Vic, isang tawag ko lang sa kaibigan natin dito sa PDVD (Vic's SUKI), eh naayos naman agad.  kaya di ako nag dadalawang isip makipag deal dyan sa SNS :)

Knowing Vic, I'm sure wala naman malice intended with the way he talked to you. Ganun lang sya talaga magsalita.
so true bro ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline _kamatis

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I have a bad experience in Sight and Sound as well. hindi ko na sana ishashare pero since may ganto na sabihin ko na rin experienced ko with Sight and Sound.

I bought our TV in Sight and Sound (42 VT30, 42 LD460, 40 EH4000) all the transaction are smooth and good (kasi nakapang opis ako nung bumili siguro ako).

until last Dec 22, 2012. I am looking for the Wharfedale Speaker and I go straight to Sight and sound to complete my set (kulang na lang ako ng Wharfedale Diamond 10SR).

pumasok na ako sa shop nila and Jun talking to an indian looking guy and there are 2 other guys who are not attending anyone, 1 standing at toshiba area, one beside the counter. nung pag pasok ko sa shop ang pangit ng tingin sa akin in which I ignore (excited na ako sa speaker ko eh). and then I nag karoon kami ng eye contact and approach him kaso iniwas nya mata nya sa akin tapos sabi ko "excuse me, meron kayong..." hindi pa din tumingin.. so I stand beside the counter for about 5 minutes wala pa din umaasikaso sa akin. umalis na lang ako ng store, I promise to myself na hindi na ako bibili sa store na ito, mag Listening Room na lang ako.

alam ko hindi mahal ang bibilhin ko wala pang 5k yun. pero I was a good customer na ninyo.. crap happens.. until now wala pa din yung Diamond SR ko kasi inaantay ko ang stock ng Listening Room.

naglulungkot ako kasi itong shop na tio pa ang nirecommend ko sa Tito ko to buy his Samsung Plasma.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I have a bad experience in Sight and Sound as well. hindi ko na sana ishashare pero since may ganto na sabihin ko na rin experienced ko with Sight and Sound.

I bought our TV in Sight and Sound (42 VT30, 42 LD460, 40 EH4000) all the transaction are smooth and good (kasi nakapang opis ako nung bumili siguro ako).

medyo disagree ako dito bro kung ibig mo sabihin nag-judge sila sa suot ng tao, kasi ako laging naka shorts kung pumunta doon.  madalas pa nga naka tsinelas lang.  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Unfair naman sa SNS na mag benta sila ng palugi
puwera na lang kung may text o pm ka na patunay
na inalok sa yo sa ganong presyo

yan din contention ko bro, kung may pinangahahawakan ang customer, pero kung wala, mahirap talaga kasi lalabas he said she said yan and masyado naman lugi din ang seller.

classmate may mga naging issues na sila dati, pero di naman nagpapabaya sila Vic.  Im sure gagawan nila ng paraan ito para maayos.  Nung nagtampo ako dyan dati kay Vic, isang tawag ko lang sa kaibigan natin dito sa PDVD (Vic's SUKI), eh naayos naman agad.  kaya di ako nag dadalawang isip makipag deal dyan sa SNS :)

yan din kasi ang naisip ko, malakaing bagay ang reputational loss sa isang establishment kaya im surprised they treated the TS that way.  its already hard as it is to build a good reputation, you make it exponentially harder  by handling customer issues incorrectly.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013 at 07:38 AM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline juanbote

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • sonic nirvana? only in my dreams
  • Liked:
Consultation is another option and filling a case is another thing. It is your right as a consumer Kung sa kahit Anong option ang ipursue mo.

Apology is also an option for you to consider.

May price tag law naman tayo na sinusunod at truth in advertising sa mga product na binebenta.

May bininili ako na gamit sa isang DIY shop, kumuha ako ng isang item na may price tag pero pagdating sa cashier iba yung price sa data nila. Pinabayaran sa akin yung lower price tag.

All option are yours to consider. Kung saan ka magiging masaya brother ay duon ka.
PCCians, KB84-Accuphase E405, C200L and P300S, Richard Allan Dual Cone FR speakers.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Just let it pass thru like nothing happen (you'll just be hurting yourself w/ anger), IMHO I wont make a big deal out of it. There's plenty out there selling Hi-Fi stuff we could choose from, who knows you can even find a better replacement for a C5. Dont take this personally, this is just my approach if this happens to me  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013 at 09:18 AM by at_sunset_blvd »
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline fattyacid

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Captcha Master Solver Skill Level 18
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Yup lets wait for the other side of the story..

May nabili rin akong maling price tag, kinaltas dun sa personnel na nakalimutang tanggalin yung old price. Pero maliit lang kasi iyon, ito 4K difference (22% of full price). Palugi na ata kung ibibigay ang 4K.
Be better than the Theater.

Offline PRIME

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Thanks for all your understanding guys....Hope this won't happen again to all our PDVD members.  GOD BLESS TO ALL!!!

Offline inan2151

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Based on your story, i believe that SnS is bound by what they had posted. If there should be price changes, it should also be posted, as well, at the soonest possible times so that this sad and unfortunate incident will be prevented. Hopefully, we can also hear from SnS their side.   

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Ive sent vic a pm about this thread
Knowing vic mag compromise naman yun, lets give him a chance to explain his side 
ninjababez online ..

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Covered ba ng price tag issue yun? Online inquiry... Nagkaroon ba ng formal quotation or sales invoice?
They admit that the price given were wrong and being corrected on a late manner. It happens every time sa lahat ng store, iba ang naibibigay na verbal price quotation (no price tag)  pagdating sa cash register iba na ang price. Syempre mag dispute ka, pag hindi talaga pwede, i just leave politely.

SnS may not be doing their business perfectly and with not so greatest customer service, im sure meron silang flaws, pero you cannot hide and deny the fact that they have one of the lowest prices around and so many satiesfied customers, heck im just wearing slippers and boardshorts with plain shirt when im buying gears far myself and my company yet they entertained me well.

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention:

Again, we would like to apologize for the whole affair( I already said sorry over the phone when we talked). There was no intention on our part to be dishonest with the way we deal with our customers. It was a plain and simple error that could also be aggravated by the season: Suppliers and secondary vendors are also late when it comes to updating item stocks, availability and pricing. Also, note that the item in-question is an item Sights and Sounds does not carry regularly, hence, we were not able to track it's price movements.

Please do not hesitate to call us or even me directly should you have concerns in the future.

Offline nizmo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
well, mine is different.
I've visited SnS once and vow to never come back again.
I also wear maong pants, plain t-shirts at rubber slippers
every time i go to malls...mea culpa...  ;D ;D ;D

anyway that's life.

Offline Philjonc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
Just let it pass thru like nothing happen (you'll just be hurting yourself w/ anger), IMHO I wont make a big deal out of it. There's plenty out there selling Hi-Fi stuff we could choose from, who knows you can even find a better replacement for a C5. Dont take this personally, this is just my approach if this happens to me  ;)

i agree maybe you and c5 were not meant to be.