Author Topic: 25k Budget For 2.0 Set-Up  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: 25k Budget For 2.0 Set-Up
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM »
First of all, let me thank you guys for your generous and sensible advices.
Laking tulong para sa tulad kong ignorant :-[ and nagsisimula pa lang sa ganitong hobby.

So if I were to adjust my budget a bit. How much should I prefer for a good mid-level receiver?
Anong ok na receiver for 15-20k? and then for the speakers.. I'll just audition na lang when I have the receiver with me already.

Thanks again.

The best that I can suggest is to get an AVR with pre-outs. Hindi ko lang sure kung meron bnew within 20K below. Maybe pre-owned? New-Old STock?  Having pre-outs will give you room for later external amp upgrade in case you acquire a speaker that requires more power. You can even get vintage integrated amps for this particular purpose to save money. ;)
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline eliahp

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 06:27 PM »
Thanks sir!

Offline eliahp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 06:30 PM »
BTW, sirs Saan ako dapat mas maglaan ng budget?
60% receiver 40% speakers or vice versa?

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 07:52 PM »
On both??? ;D

Kasi kahit malufet ang speaks mo kung hindi naman kaya ng amp mo, e di bale wala din hehe!

Pero I'm leaning more towards a good set of speaker. Especially those vintage ones which are almost always easier to drive. ;)
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 07:56 PM »
for your budget, I suggest a Pioneer 521 + any of the following:

Dai-ichi EUROS-6BL floorstander
Polk TSi 100 bookshelf
Wharfedale Diamond 10.3 floorstander

for a budget sub, you may also consider the Wharfedale Diamond SW150 for just 9k.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2013 at 07:57 PM by DTNS »
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 08:04 PM »
BTW, sirs Saan ako dapat mas maglaan ng budget?
60% receiver 40% speakers or vice versa?

Kung P60T yung receiver mo, puede na P40T na speakers (front center and surround). Allocate another 30T for a sub.

Offline lisa_mae

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • My audio room is strictly for hurdles
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 04:49 PM »
You can check the items I'm selling: HK AVR347 @13k (discounted to 11.5k for pdvd members only) pwede ko ding benta polks kung may mag o offer (tsi300+cs10).

at least naka harman ka :-p

Offline hitman531ph

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • All About The Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM »
Welcome to the world of separates.  It is more expensive but a lot easier to upgrade.

Regarding the question on amps and speakers, I am of the opinion of building around the amp.  The speakers should match the amp.  After all, all other inputs will be channeled through the amp.  After the amp, match with good speakers.  There are a multitude of good speakers out there but it's a matter of what you hear and listen to that matters.
Konzert Pioneer Inkel Sony Wharfedale NAD

Offline eliahp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 04:49 PM »
Thank you for your inputs sirs.

I bought Pio vsx-522 and diamond 9.1 so far I'm enjoying the combo. They sound  much better than my HTIB.  Sinabayan ko na ng bili ng Byahe album ni Noel Cabangon since this will be the start of my A/V journey :)

Cheers!

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #39 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 05:31 PM »
What happens if the Right speakers for the room cannot be driven by the amp that your setting up with ?

IMHO.. You build around the room, what speakers will deliver the desired SPL in that room, once that speakers has been identified or purchased, your next step is to get an amplifier that would drive those speakers to the desired spl.

Regarding the question on amps and speakers, I am of the opinion of building around the amp. 

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 10:43 PM »
Thank you for your inputs sirs.

I bought Pio vsx-522 and diamond 9.1 so far I'm enjoying the combo. They sound  much better than my HTIB.  Sinabayan ko na ng bili ng Byahe album ni Noel Cabangon since this will be the start of my A/V journey :)

Cheers!

congrats on your purchase sir, was it within your 25k budget? how much did you purchase the amp and the speaker?
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline eliahp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 10:33 AM »
^ Less than 25k inabot sir. So me natira pa pang bili ng speaker cables and stands. Got the 9.1s sa LIS for 6.5k and the Pio sa SM Appliance na kasi out of stock sa LIS. BTW, thumbs up sa staff nila

I went to SnS sa Shang kaya lang the auditioning experience isn't that nice :-X I auditioned Wharfes in their store and asked if I could try the Yamaha or Onkyo since the Pio is also out of stock sa kanila. (I already decided to stretch my budget to 20-25 k for the receiver alone since hirap na makakuha ng 521 or 522) but the people there are less accommodating.. baka pagod na? So balik ako mega and hanap-hanap kung san me Pio and luckily me inabutan pa ko sa SM App Center.

Please note that I'm not trying to put the mentioned store here in a bad light. I just want to share my experience in this journey. I've been a lurker for quite sometime already and now that I finally took my first step ganun yung na-experience ko. Anyway, small challenge lang yan in this journey. I know that with the help of PDVD bros the hunt will be worthwhile :)

Oh and with my 522k + Wharfes combo.. relak muna. Tsaka na relax pag kumpleto na  ;D Have a great day peeps!

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #42 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 12:08 PM »
^ Less than 25k inabot sir. So me natira pa pang bili ng speaker cables and stands. Got the 9.1s sa LIS for 6.5k and the Pio sa SM Appliance na kasi out of stock sa LIS. BTW, thumbs up sa staff nila

I went to SnS sa Shang kaya lang the auditioning experience isn't that nice :-X I auditioned Wharfes in their store and asked if I could try the Yamaha or Onkyo since the Pio is also out of stock sa kanila. (I already decided to stretch my budget to 20-25 k for the receiver alone since hirap na makakuha ng 521 or 522) but the people there are less accommodating.. baka pagod na? So balik ako mega and hanap-hanap kung san me Pio and luckily me inabutan pa ko sa SM App Center.

Please note that I'm not trying to put the mentioned store here in a bad light. I just want to share my experience in this journey. I've been a lurker for quite sometime already and now that I finally took my first step ganun yung na-experience ko. Anyway, small challenge lang yan in this journey. I know that with the help of PDVD bros the hunt will be worthwhile :)

Oh and with my 522k + Wharfes combo.. relak muna. Tsaka na relax pag kumpleto na  ;D Have a great day peeps!

just curious. magkano inabot yung 522 at wharf 9.1 combo? I think sa change mo makakabili ka pa ng center or sub. ;)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline hitman531ph

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • All About The Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 12, 2013 at 03:55 PM »
What happens if the Right speakers for the room cannot be driven by the amp that your setting up with ?

IMHO.. You build around the room, what speakers will deliver the desired SPL in that room, once that speakers has been identified or purchased, your next step is to get an amplifier that would drive those speakers to the desired spl.

I was assuming that the room size is already known to the TS and gets an amp/receiver that can handle the room size then build around the amp's or receiver's capabilities and features.  However, you are right.  The room size where the entertainment will be enjoyed is always the first thing to consider, above all else.  In some cases, room acoustics and material are also considered if it is to be a theater room.

In my opinion, however, I still hold the theory of building around the amp/receiver.  This is where all the inputs go to anyway.  So if you pick the correct amp, match it with the correct speakers.  Some amps are picky with speakers and some amps drive any speaker at all. 

Back in the day, I sold A/V equipment for a small (now defunct) A/V sales shop, and we did do some home theater set ups at customers' residences, if requested.  We've serviced homes from the middle class to extra rich.

In my experience, we've had more satisfied customers when we have the info on room size, pure audio or home theater use, then find the amp for the purpose and match speakers last.  There were a few customers who insisted on speakers first then amp last who ended up changing speakers later to suit the amp.

Of course, to each his own schools of thought or theory, if you will.  It's just that my opinion is based on a previous experience in the past.

However, the TS got himself a Pioneer VSX-522K and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1.  He seems happy with it.  That certainly went well for him.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2013 at 04:12 PM by hitman531ph »
Konzert Pioneer Inkel Sony Wharfedale NAD

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 12, 2013 at 07:02 PM »
Everybody happy!!!  ;D

Offline eliahp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM »
Hello again peeps  :D and thank you sa lahat ng tulong.

I'm now in the market looking for front speakers to add to my current set-up. Can you give me an advice what speakers to get na mas ok for music (rock and jazz) Right now,mas more on music listening na ang gamit nung Pio 522 and 9.1s ko.

Pag nakakuha na ko ng fronts (bookshelves or FS?) I would also like to get a vintage amp to drive them pag makikinig ng music. So the 9.1s will be my surrounds pag movie session.

So can you hel me with the following:

1. What brand and type of speakers to get? Floor Standers or Book Shelves?
Plan ko sana is either Polk Audio or AAudio Genesis.

2. Ok ba i-pair yung modern speakers sa vintage amp? Since I'll be adding a vintage amp for my music use.

or

3. Should I get a modern entry level int amp (Rotel or Nad) na lang kesa vintage?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks  ^-^

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #46 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM »

I'm now in the market looking for front speakers to add to my current set-up. Can you give me an advice what speakers to get na mas ok for music (rock and jazz) Right now,mas more on music listening na ang gamit nung Pio 522 and 9.1s ko.

Pag nakakuha na ko ng fronts (bookshelves or FS?) I would also like to get a vintage amp to drive them pag makikinig ng music. So the 9.1s will be my surrounds pag movie session.

2. Ok ba i-pair yung modern speakers sa vintage amp? Since I'll be adding a vintage amp for my music use.

or

3. Should I get a modern entry level int amp (Rotel or Nad) na lang kesa vintage?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks  ^-

or

Please share your thoughts. Thanks  ^-^

Since you already have Wharfes, stay with Wharfes. FS if you are not planning to have a sub in your system soon, they can give ample bass. BS if you are planning to have a sub soon coz you will not get much bass from BS.

For audio, a good vintage like sansui, luxman, pioneer or sony can do the job without draining your wallet.

Offline eliahp

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 05:00 PM »
@mbtorn
thanks bro. Kaya lang parang nabibitinan na ako sa details ng Wharfes sa music or baka dahil sa AVR ang ginagamit ko with my 9.1s for music listening? I paired the 9.1s with a T-amp (Lepai) and mas gusto ko ang tunog nya pagdating sa music that's why I'm planning to get a separate int amp and looking at other brands of speakers for my music listening.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #48 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM »
@mbtorn
thanks bro. Kaya lang parang nabibitinan na ako sa details ng Wharfes sa music or baka dahil sa AVR ang ginagamit ko with my 9.1s for music listening? I paired the 9.1s with a T-amp (Lepai) and mas gusto ko ang tunog nya pagdating sa music that's why I'm planning to get a separate int amp and looking at other brands of speakers for my music listening.

Bro., your 9.1 are small bookshelf speakers kaya bitin. Kuha ka ng 9.5 or 9.6 floorstanders, solve ka na sa audio. You can use the 9.5 or 9.6 as yoir fronts for ht. Tapos dagdag ka ng 9cm and use your 9.1 for surrounds then complete na ung 5.1 system for ht with pio avr. If you want to use dedicated amp for your audio, consider a vintage amp. Though your pio avr can also do the job for audio. :)