Author Topic: Wanted: Paradigm surround speakers ADP-170 or 70  (Read 753 times)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wanted: Paradigm surround speakers ADP-170 or 70
« on: Jul 30, 2001 at 09:45 PM »
Hello

I have all Paradigm front speakers and is wanting to buy surround speakers for them. and complete my set-up. I am also looking for a sub to match my system. I'm a little bit little on funds so i'm settling for a good condition 2nd hand item. Pls. write back throgh this thread. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
Re: Wanted: Paradigm surround speakers ADP-170 or
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2001 at 02:13 AM »
Audio Den is the distributor of Paradigm in the Philippines.  They have a branch in Araneta Ave, QC and one in Sukat, Paranaque. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Wanted: Paradigm surround speakers ADP-170 or 70
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 10:22 PM »
ESi.....how do you like paradigm and where did you buy it?

I have demoed the phantoms and the monitor 1.    Am gonna demo, a new pair of ADP-170 tomorrow.

Have a read.

Just to let you know......visited "listtening in style"  at edsa shang yesterday.  After mentioning a budget of 100,000 was advised they had one floor stander which would suite my needs to a tee.  They recommended the "Definitive" series 7.1

http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/powertower/powertower.html

Overall the system did cranck it out.  Not bad.  A Bit rough around the edges at times. Sub woofer (super cube 2 ) seemed to be too much $$$ at about 40,000. ....and not enough low end.
Total cost of 7.1 was about 142,000 peso.  When  subtituting the sub for a velodyne it becomes a better deal.

Then went to "Sights and sounds" and checked out the wharfs diamond 9.6 for about 18,000 pair.  Surrounds were also Wharfs and it in my opinion was similiar to the definitive sound.  Do not remember the sub.  Good speaker for the money no doubt.  Loud and powerful. Lacking in sutlties in some respect and the surrounds were not as good as I hoped.  But over all....not bad.   Very good value for the money!!

Then tried the paradigm performance series.  The entry level phantom series.This was by far a superior sounding system.  The surrounds (wharfs)however were not changed as they did not have the ADP 170 in stock. ( That was the weakest part of the system). The sub was a killer PS1200.  Excellent sub but for the money 38,500 would settle for the paradigm PDR12 for 29,000 or better yet the Velodyne cht-12.

This was much nicer sounding thean either the wharfs or the definitive,,,,,,,and only a litle more expensive.

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/PReviews/Paradigm/HomeTheater%26Sound/HT%26S_Phantom_CC270_ADP170_.pdf

Then swithed towers to the paradigm monitor 7 series ( well over my budget of about 140,000 )using the Sub of the PDR-12.   It really performed well.  A truly lovely setup.  Sub was real good although not as mega as the PS1200 but none the less better than the definitive sub and the warf. centr was the CC 270 and the surround should have been the ADP 170...but was still the wharfs. 

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeries/MonitorSpecs.htm

Next on the list will be the Mordaunt-short and perhaps the B&W 600 series. 

The system I am looking for is for 75%  HT and 25% music.  I was told that B&W is more for music rather than HT...Is that true?

Have a great day.

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10