Author Topic: Wiredstate Projects  (Read 124481 times)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Wiredstate Projects
« Reply #60 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:05 PM »
I was listening a while ago with my preamp and I tried playing disco-swing music. This is the first time I heard it in a different manner. It has more detail, clear,and  it sounded very natural.  It is like my first time to really appreciate my disco CD's. I would say that a good sounding gear would really make you enjoy music. I would really recommend this product. Another thing is that Im only on my 10th hour of usage.

M-Shoe
  Thanks but no pwede.

Levi

Offline vintage_dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:06 PM »
we are extremely pleased and proud of the reception and feedback on our pinoy-made preamp!  we have sold 25 units in only 1 week since we made the preamps available.

we are only selling 20 more before december 15 while still maintaining the same very low price...

maraming salamat!  mabuhay ang pinoy!

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:10 AM by vintage_dog »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:08 PM »
What other tubes do you recommend and do you know anyone selling? May mullard ba na 12au?

Offline vintage_dog

• Collector
  • am a tube-head
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:20 PM »
What other tubes do you recommend and do you know anyone selling? May mullard ba na 12au?
yes, mullard 12au7s are very musical tubes!

levi, there are dozens of options...baka mahilo ka sa tuwa dahil some tubes will provide an even smoother presentation.  my suggestion though is break-in the preamp, enjoy the current tube which is excellent sounding, and do tube rolling later on...it's like having one dozen different preamps by just tube rolling.

with you being our first customer, you will get a pair of vintage 12au7s from my personal collection sometime december as a christmas gift  ;D

for now, enjoy the music...and did you notice, suddenly your CDs are sounding much more enjoyable...

things get even better....and more sleepless nights!

superman just dropped by to get his unit 11:15pm and listened awhile to his preamp hooked to a 3wpc amp driving my voigts...i've never heard so much slam and dynamics coming from my 2a3 amp....awesome !

;D
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:42 PM by vintage_dog »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:46 PM »
Merry Christmas!!!!

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 11:59 PM »
lucky guy, vintage tubes for free  ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #66 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:41 AM »
we are extremely pleased and proud of the reception and feedback on our pinoy-made preamp!  we have sold 25 units in only 1 week since we made the preamps available.

we are only selling 20 more before december 15 while still maintaining the same very low price...

maraming salamat!  mabuhay ang pinoy!

CONGRATS SIR V_D!

Wiredstate Projects...proudly Filipino Made!...i'm just so excited to try out the tube preamp... 8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:44 AM »
yes, mullard 12au7s are very musical tubes!

with you being our first customer, you will get a pair of vintage 12au7s from my personal collection sometime december as a christmas gift  ;D

for now, enjoy the music...and did you notice, suddenly your CDs are sounding much more enjoyable...

superman just dropped by to get his unit 11:15pm and listened awhile to his preamp hooked to a 3wpc amp driving my voigts...i've never heard so much slam and dynamics coming from my 2a3 amp....awesome !

;D

sir, ako walang xmas gift na tube??? hehehehehehe...joke lang...thanks!  8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 05:29 AM »

;D

superman,

congrats pre! soon ill be hearing your new toy. ill be having one too. ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2003 at 05:33 AM by JulsP168 »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 09:00 AM »
superman,

congrats pre! soon ill be hearing your new toy. ill be having one too. ;D

thanks, bro!...will post comments later on...thanks!  8)

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 11:03 AM »
wow. i want one !! now if only i had some moolah =/

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 11:08 AM »
wow. i want one !! now if only i had some moolah =/

kaw pa!...bili na!  ;D :o ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 11:23 AM »

i agree...the dynamics when i listened to V_D's voights and 2A3...wow...grabe yung voights ha! 'twas such a wonderful experience...but most of all, i was impressed at the WS tube preamp...the looks, the detail...very musical...A REAL WINNER...and PROUDLY FILIPINO MADE!...guys, this is really a must have!  ;D ::) 8) ;D ::)

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2003 at 11:26 AM by Superman »

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:17 PM »
congrats john! pwede ba connect yung pre-amp outputs ng t752 into the ws pre-amp? para pati yung front channels ng dd/dts eh meron "tubey" quality?

For guys curious if the WS preamp can work with a receiver with an amp in, yes it does! Just got mine today and tested the preamp by connecting it to the main in of my nadt752. I can go louder with the preamp hooked in as at 12 o' clock position it goes real loud...and cleaner, seems like the amp is hindered if you use the receivers volume control. and the preamp is just barely broken in ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:19 PM »
guys,

here's the review/comments of camotecue from pinoydiophiles:

My TB 2A3 SET amp got louder with the ws preamp. I used to push the volume control of this power amp to the limits ( I temporarily installed an alps potentiometer w/c I later removed in favor of the ws pre-amp). Now with the pre-amp, I just set the level from 11 to 12 o' clock to get to the desired volume im accustomed to. My audio room (which measures 3 x 4m and not enclosed) opens up to the stairwell leading to the ground floor and also to the attic. You wont believe this pre-amp and power amp puts out just 3 watts because it fills the whole house with music. ( Im using a voigt speaker adopted from the design of jon agner w/c I believe is adopted also from herbert jeschke's design). As to the sound, this preamp-amp combi sounds awesome -at least with the type of music I listen to. The warmth and detail is there especially when you listen to trumpet/sax and guitar; not to mention female voices. These equipment will stay long for me. A million thanks to the people involved in this project. Superb tube sound at a friendly price. Special thanks to vintage dog, arnoldc, and mickey kasi sila kinukulit ko palagi. To those who are still hesitating to buy the pre-amp and the TB 2A3 SET amp, buy now before the price goes up![/i]

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 12:51 PM »
hey guys, nakaka intrigue etong pre-amp na eto. Can it improve my NAD c320 bee  integrated amp if I install it? The NAD is equipped with main in/out rca's with jumpers.

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Nov 22, 2003 at 01:40 PM »
well it should. according to what everybody said there should be an improvement in sound quality. so don't hesitate ! try it out then get it !

Offline allyson

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • PATIENCE is my prime VIRTUE
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 09:54 AM »
    Whoooaa! Nice Gear yan ah!pag iisipan ko yan,sana huwag tumaas ang presyo till next year 8),medyo naka compromiso na kasi yun bonus ko eh :'(

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 10:07 AM »
HEY GUYS!

we had a great listening session last night...thanks for those who attended and "enjoyed" the session...for the details, i'll leave to to iceman90a to post everything here (including the pics, of course)...but just a preview, we used the preamp in the ff:

1) WS tube preamp paired with the JE Labs SRPP 2A3 SET tube amp

2) Akyat's Kenwood Power amp (130w/channel)

3) Iceman's Fase Integrated Amp

all EXCELLENT results...plus one very good news...i think there is a "alternative solution" for the WS preamp to work with receivers like HK2550 and Marantz SR4300...again, iceman will do the explaning, hehehehe!

overall, the preamp ROCKS!...really a best buy...guys, just a reminder...the limited offer of Php8,250.00 will be applicable only to the next available 15 units...afterwards, price will increase to US$200.00...ORDER NA!  ;D

more reviews to follow c/o iceman90a, akyatbundok, james16, hans adriane and the rest of the guys...

thanks!  ;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 10:39 AM »
pre - i'll just start a thread in the pinoydvd offline section  :)
money is best spent

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 10:45 AM »
HEY GUYS!

all EXCELLENT results...plus one very good news...i think there is a "alternative solution" for the WS preamp to work with receivers like HK2550 and Marantz SR4300...again, iceman will do the explaning, hehehehe!

overall, the preamp ROCKS!...really a best buy...guys, just a reminder...the limited offer of Php8,250.00 will be applicable only to the next available 15 units...afterwards, price will increase to US$200.00...ORDER NA!  ;D

more reviews to follow c/o iceman90a, akyatbundok, james16, hans adriane and the rest of the guys...

thanks!  ;D

Review muna and tell us the workaround to use the pre-amp with receivers which do not have AMP IN.

Para makaorder na!!!

;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 11:00 AM »
money is best spent

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #82 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 03:10 PM »
what i can say about the preamp.... SUPERB!!! ;D

superman,

thanks for a being a wonderful host... salamat sa cds also... ;D galing ng set-up nyo sir... I really enjoyed and had a great time!!!
it was nice also meeting your father, ngayon alam ko na kung pano ka naimpluwensiyahan sa hobby natin...

iceman90a,

ganda ng set-up mo din.... di ba ibebenta??? heheheh

akyatbundok,

lupit ng kenwood power amp mo, lalo na ng may preamp, bili ka na hehehheh  ;D

nice meeting all the other guys also...

may pag-as pa maimprove yung hk ko, pwede ikabit sa cd in, may pag-asa heheheh, ope na wag tataas ang price... ::)

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 04:21 PM »
Superman,

Thanks ulit sir..... ganda talaga!!

Nice meeting you guys.. Yukon, Julsp, symon, Jvm, iceman and sa 2x akyat, james, nel76, J-albert..

James,

Order na pre ng preamp!! balita ko limited na lang... hehehe

Akyat,

Naka order na ako anytime next week meron na rin akoooooo!! hehehehe

iceman,

Masyado kang suwerte sir.. Ganda ng dynaudio/Fase mo!

Offline cousin skeeter

• DVD Addict
  • "Eureka!!!!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Nov 23, 2003 at 07:20 PM »
bros,

tsk tsk tsk, as usual inggit ako sa WS listening session nyo *sigh*. on the other hand, at least ive no itch to upgrade since i didnt get  hear it, hehehe. ignorance is such a bliss!!!  ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 24, 2003 at 08:22 AM »
HI GUYS!

i've decided to re-post this here (thanks to iceman and the rest of the guys!)...thanks!  8)

last night - a group fo us guys interested in the Wiredstate pre-amp had a listening session to help us decide on whether or not we would like the pre-amp in our system...

one of the members here - Superman (thanks bro!) was kind enough to invite anyone interested (and willing to travel to alabang) for an audition with his 2a3 amp.

as most of us were solid state users (amps & receivers) we thought it prudent to brinag along an integrated amp and a power amp to see if the synergy will be the same

first we listened to Superman's set-up (we only played 1 song for all combinations, i'll post details later) using S2 speakers ...

in my opinion the wiredstate pre-amp and amp are soul mates  :)

next we listened using my Fase integrated amp and audience 52's (no pre-amp in the system yet)

which of the 2 systems were better? well to use a previous scientific method started by akyat, hans & james16... i would say its like comparing Francine Prieto (tisay na makinis) with Juliana Palermo (morena beauty)  :D

depende sa type mo - the others will expound on the differences and similarities (i dont want to comment as i might be biased)

next we ran the same track, this time with the pre-amp hooked up...

aaahhhh... everyone breathed a sigh of relief, and disappointment at the same time...

a) OK!!!!!!! Tunog Tubo! (and all the good things that implies)

b) PATAY!!!! Gastos na naman (kailangan ko nito...)

next we tried it with akyat's kenwood power amp

result? let's just say you won't be able to wrest this amp from akyat even at 5 times the purchase value  ;)

system used:

cd player - Musical Fidelity E624
IC - eichmann & DIY braided silver w/ bullet plugs
speaker wires - IXOS 6007 (for the fase)
                         QED silver anniv (Kenwood)
                          Analysis oval (S2)
track - feels so good by chuck mangione

judges:

L-R (standing) - superdad, superman, j_albert, akyatbundok, hans , james16, nels76
seated - yukon, julsp168

naka alis agad si jvm eh

second shot of judges

the new guy in the middle is symon

another shot of francine & juliana:

i just realized - wala pa tayong pangalan sa combination... help me out guys!  ;D

Offline arnoldc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Nov 24, 2003 at 09:29 AM »
geko, where are you?  ;D

your wirestate preamp is now in my office, pick it up before someone else does  :D ;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Nov 24, 2003 at 09:56 AM »
busy yata masyado Sir,

ako na lang dadaan...  :)
money is best spent

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Nov 24, 2003 at 10:09 AM »
ako  hindi busy. ;D

di na dapat pinapatagal yan.....ako nalang kaya :)

calling geko! calling geko!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Nov 24, 2003 at 10:13 AM »
geko, where are you?  ;D

your wirestate preamp is now in my office, pick it up before someone else does  :D ;D

naku sir arnoldc...mukhang busy si geko at down ang as/400 nila...pag binigay mo kay iceman and julsp168, triple the price!!! hahahaha!  ;D 8) ;D 8)