Author Topic: [Help]In Choosing My 1st Buy of 32" TV  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Mr.Viruz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
[Help]In Choosing My 1st Buy of 32" TV
« on: Apr 05, 2013 at 12:01 AM »
I'm buying our 1st flat TV and I want help on what brand and model should I get considering this factors.

1. LCD or LED is there any difference in terms of PQ or LED is just new technology?

2. I want a TV that can play most of the video files especially .mp4 via USB so, I can watch the movies/videos I downloaded from the Internet.

3. I can use it as a monitor for my PC or laptop.

4. Preferably with WIFI but without is ok since I can use it as monitor for my PC or laptop which they have internet connection anyway.

5. Prize range is 17K - 25K PHP.

6. And finally with good to best after sales services.

I'm new on Flat TVs, LED/LCD and planning to replace my age old CRT so, to all tech wiz out there I hope you can help.

Thanks Guys in Advance.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2013 at 12:37 AM by Mr.Viruz »

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
Re: [Help]In Choosing My 1st Buy of 32" TV
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 12:56 AM »
personal opinions lang.. correct me nalang if wrong

1) led... not for picture quality but rather for consumption...
i had 32" lcd consumption was 120watts.. now i have 55" led consumption is 80watts

2) i have usb slot on my tv now.. hmmm i dont use it much.. siguro dahil minsan nagkaproblema ako dahil walang sound lumalabas sakin pag dts(LG problem yata)...

3) yes you can use it.. all current 32" may hdmi naman sa mga nakita ko.. hehe

4) imho.. my tv is smart.. i dont know if hindi lang bagay saakin pero i find it useless.. i fiddle with it sometimes.. maybe sasunod magiging useful ang smart tvs.. but yung model ng akin.. hmmm i never use it... very limited siya

5) i think madami ka choices sa budget mo.. hehe.. you can even go up to 42" led

6) so far.. swerte naman ako sa flat panel tvs.. never had a problem with them... minsan iniisip ko baka yung kolin servo avr ko... more than 10 yrs na... daming tv/pc na dumaan dito.. imho sulit na investment iwas problema

malaki sir matitipid niyo sa kuryente sa led compared sa CRT... malaki naman budget niyo.. if i were to buy a tv now... i would go big... hindi ko masyado iispin wifi/smart etc etc... but thats just me.. ofcourse if you need them.. yun ang kunin niyo

happy shopping...

compare prices sa SNS, ansons, abenson, etc..

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 05:11 AM »
I recommend the Samsung 32EH5000 Full HD Direct LED (full array) tv. it's available at Sights & Sounds, Shangrila for just 18k. (no freebies) I recommend it since it has Full HD resolution, good picture quality and supposedly doesn't have the backlight bleeding problems associated with edge-lit LED tvs.  ;)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline Mr.Viruz

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 10:28 AM »
Thx sir for the replies.

Shangrila you mean the one in the Crossings of EDSA and Shaw.

I'm from the province and travel to Manila twice a year only.

Is there a way I can order it online with same price of 18K I'm looking at it on Lazada but it cost 25K.

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 12:18 PM »
As per DTNS get the Samsung 32EH5000 good PQ and SQ. Or get the Samsung 32EH5300 (smart tv) for just only 19.7k. You can ask SnS to ship it in your area (at buyer expense). Sns has the best after sale services you can find. Plus a 30 day item replacement if your tv has a factory defect. :)

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 02:46 PM »
Thx sir for the replies.

Shangrila you mean the one in the Crossings of EDSA and Shaw.

I'm from the province and travel to Manila twice a year only.

Is there a way I can order it online with same price of 18K I'm looking at it on Lazada but it cost 25K.

I suggest that you send a private message to E-Reply (SnS's official pdvd account ID) and/or check out their threads in the Marketplace section. :)

Offline hitman531ph

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • All About The Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 04:54 PM »
I'm buying our 1st flat TV and I want help on what brand and model should I get considering this factors.

1. LCD or LED is there any difference in terms of PQ or LED is just new technology?

LCD and LED are the same except for backlight.  LCD used CCFL with LED is, you guessed it, uses LED for backlight.  LED backlight are either directly backlit or edge lit.  While some argue direct backlit to be better, edge lit TV allows for very thin TV because the LED are arranged on the edges of the TV

2. I want a TV that can play most of the video files especially .mp4 via USB so, I can watch the movies/videos I downloaded from the Internet.

Toshiba is said to be able to play 28 kinds of audio and video formats.  AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, FLV, DivX, Xvid, 3GP, ASF/WMV, RMVB.  Toshiba PS200, PU200, PB200 series.

3. I can use it as a monitor for my PC or laptop.

Many laptop computers are now equipped with HDMI.  If your laptop has HDMI, you can make your laptop as a media player at the same time as a monitor.  I do recommend VLC Media Player for your laptop.  It plays every format without fail.  Unlike Windows Media Player or even some NMT's, and TV's could play some formats but no sound.  VLC can be downloaded on http://www.videolan.org/vlc/.  Even your computer can connect to an external HDD for storage purposes if you choose to do so.

4. Preferably with WIFI but without is ok since I can use it as monitor for my PC or laptop which they have internet connection anyway.

If you have wi-fi on your laptop, might as well use your laptop's Internet connection.  Some smart TV have user interface that are not user-friendly.  Sometimes, some TV can not play YouTube videos.  Since you have Internat connection with your computer, Smart TV is not essential.

5. Prize range is 17K - 25K PHP.

LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba all have TV's in this price range.  Then there are also other brands like Skyworth, AVision, Devant, Sansui, Akai and other lesser known brands.

6. And finally with good to best after sales services.

Choose a store that honors warranties and provides you with help if your TV conks out due to materials or factory defect.  Many sellers will just refer you to the manufacturer and a contact number and will not allow you to replace the unit.  Some will allow replacement but only for a limited time. 

If your TV is out of warranty, the brand with the most spare parts that are easy to find will save you a lot of trouble.  Sony is said to be that brand.  Some other brands have spare parts that are difficult to find and you need to find an accredited or authorized service center or to the manufacturer's own service center.  For brands whose parts are hard to come by, expect a parts and service billing of an amount possibly approaching half or half the price of the TV.

I'm new on Flat TVs, LED/LCD and planning to replace my age old CRT so, to all tech wiz out there I hope you can help.

Thanks Guys in Advance.
Konzert Pioneer Inkel Sony Wharfedale NAD

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 05:29 PM »
why not go bigger? your budget seems to permit it.
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline xnuw

• Apprentice
  • Begin something & it will be done
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 06:22 PM »
The budget is ok for 32" lots of choices, 39 & 40 & 42" are possible upto 25K price bracket
Intel SandyBridge PC Philips 32PF3605/08 Toshiba 32RV700 LG 32LH70YR  Philips FWD39HT Sony 250GB PS3

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 07:21 PM »
Your budget is high enough to get a decent system. Better to get separates (not built in usb player).

I can sell you a new 40"lcd tv and a new media player with buil-in 1tb HDD for only P17,000.

84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 10:00 PM »
kung sasagarin ang budget, you can get the MyView 46" Full HD LED tv.  ;)

Offline Mr.Viruz

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 06, 2013 at 12:28 AM »

Sir di ba tayo magkaka problema sa after sales services let's say after 2, 5 yrs.

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #12 on: Apr 06, 2013 at 12:37 AM »

hahaha 32" hinahanap pinupush natin lumaki.. but yes true.. bigger is better lalo na sa budget ni sir na kaya naman talaga bigger... ako din.. i would push to 46" if kaya

btw a friend of mine got 50" prestiz.. kayalang medyo lagpas na 30k... feel ko very good buy... led din..

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2013 at 12:51 AM »
Sir di ba tayo magkaka problema sa after sales services let's say after 2, 5 yrs.

sir di ka aabutin ng 5 years bibili ka ng 50incher ;D ;D ill go for 40" or 42" now and have some spare for an nmt.  :D :D
WCH CM U?

Offline fox69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2013 at 05:51 AM »
i guess you can't go wrong with a SONY..quiet pricier than samsung and toshiba but the picture quality plus the "good-brand-equals-peace-of-mind" will make you happy after your purchase :D

Offline JayRob

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2013 at 08:53 PM »
From where I stand:

LG 42LS3450 - 42 inch full HD TV, 23.5K at Anson's
Still something left for a separate media player with hdmi cable for playing usb/external hard drive files - Xtreamer Elvira 2.2K average price.