Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 12042 times)

Offline Homer Jay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • D'OH!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Justice League on Studio 23
« Reply #30 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 07:10 PM »
D'oh! Thanks Bart 'ol son...  ;)

Sorry for creating a double thread there, mods... (that's what you get if you start yapping without using your eyes to search...  ;D )

Thanks... but my question still hasn't been answered yet. Nobody knows when the EXACT DATE (and time) of the season premiere is? I have yet to watch a single episode of JLA so I don't wanna miss it!

Hope it's as good as Batman: The Animated Series... I was kinda disappointed with the way Batman Beyond went, nice start to the whole tale but somehow it lost its edge on me.

By the way... somewhat related but out of the topic. Is there any word that WB is gonna release Batman: TAS in full-season DVD boxed sets?
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2002 at 07:23 PM by Homer Jay »

Offline lil_jinx

• Apprentice
  • ribit
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 07:30 PM »
Batman the animated series was sweeter than Batman Beyond

or i just grew up

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 08:53 PM »
Its showing on October 11 Friday 7:30 pm at Studio 23.
Due to the success of this series, they're coming up with the next DC cartoon series the Teen Titans

click on the pic
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2002 at 09:13 PM by rdyent »

Offline Homer Jay

• Collector
  • D'OH!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 09:05 PM »
Its showing on October 11 Friday 7:30 pm at Studio 23.

YES!!! thank you, rdyent!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2002 at 12:23 AM by Homer Jay »

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 10:57 AM »
This is a great series... I've seen about 20 episodes already... the writing is very good as well, it's not just cartoons for kids... Flash is funny!  :)

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 11:31 PM »
This is a great series... I've seen about 20 episodes already... the writing is very good as well, it's not just cartoons for kids... Flash is funny!  :)

Got another vote for Flash .. woohoo !!!

Offline Jackie_Chan1975

• Collector
  • I'm Smith!!!!
  • Liked:
Who among the Justice league Charater is your favorite?
« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 11:52 AM »
ako si Batman dahil sa pagkasuplado niya at naalala ko yung superfriends noong araw :) :) :) :)

Offline trekker

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re:Who among the Justice league Charater is your favorite?
« Reply #37 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 12:37 PM »
ako si Batman dahil sa pagkasuplado niya at naalala ko yung superfriends noong araw :) :) :) :)

Same here. I really loved that particular scene (forgot which ep) when Batman intimidated one bad guy into spilling the beans. Not all of Superman's and Wonder Woman's muscling did the trick. Then Bats just whispered something in the guy's ear, and the guy yells, "Ok, Ok! I'll talk!"

Wonder Woman turns to Superman and asks, "Did you hear what Batman said?" Superman sighs, "Yes." Wonder Woman presses, "What was it?"

Superman looks at Batman: "You wouldn't want to know."

Now, that scene captures the Bats for me!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 03:15 PM »
"Did you hear what Batman said?"

He should have added "WITH salt."

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 04:52 PM »
Same here. I really loved that particular scene (forgot which ep) when Batman intimidated one bad guy into spilling the beans. Not all of Superman's and Wonder Woman's muscling did the trick. Then Bats just whispered something in the guy's ear, and the guy yells, "Ok, Ok! I'll talk!"

Wonder Woman turns to Superman and asks, "Did you hear what Batman said?" Superman sighs, "Yes." Wonder Woman presses, "What was it?"

Superman looks at Batman: "You wouldn't want to know."

Now, that scene captures the Bats for me!

That's the episode featuring Aquaman - The Enemy Below. The character he was "interrogating" is Deadshot. I saw the episode earlier today and boy was I shocked! The storyline's pretty intense (and not exactly for children), the action sequences are superb, and the characterization is dead-on (most of the time).

My favorite character in the animated series is Hawkgirl - I loved her in the In Blackest Night storyarc!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #40 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 12:14 AM »
"That's the episode featuring Aquaman "

I caught The Tick on early morning Star World, and it was so durned funny--this time, The Tick is being psychoanalyzed, so he isn't available when all the ants in the world decide to take over.  So who comes in instead--a bunch of has-been heroes that are dead ringers for the Justice League.  

I vividly remember one of the superheroes was this marine boy who only had powers in the water--so they had to carry him around in his own inflatable pool!  At a certain point, they decided, to hell with it, and dumped him and his pool on the floor--if he wanted to escape the attacking ants, he was on his own.

Offline Homer Jay

• Collector
  • D'OH!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 12:17 AM »
...watching the 3rd episode of the 1st season seemed somewhat of a letdown for me. First two episodes were great and I eagerly anticipated for the conclusion of the first story arc.. ended up somewhat disappointed in it.

Writing somewhat became inconsistent (maybe not inconsistent, but they rushed up so many things that they didn't care to explain it anymore) just to get an ending.

Here are some of my complaints... How was Superman able to use his heat vision to cut up the "mud" to set himself and the others free when he wasn't able to do that before Batman reversed the "fluid" in the alien machine with his thingamajig? (the writers can always claim that something happened to the chemical properties of the mud when Batman screwed up the machine)... Another thing that still puzzles me was how the heck did Batman get that thingamajig when he was supposed to be trapped inside the machine and only noticing the "weakness" when they were about to enter the machine? If he knew the weakness early on via his space station... why didn't he use the device against the aliens early on? Even if J'onn J'onzz was able to only cover him telepathically, how could he have escaped those blasts from the aliens when he was surrounded?

I think that's the problem with writing super-hero scripts... it's hard to make things as consistent, unlike the more "realistic" Batman: The Animated Series where they only dealt with one lead character (with no super powers for that matter).

Even though... I'll still watch this series just for the Flash-GL team-up scenes, and of course... for that Amazonian who never looked this awesome before!  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2002 at 12:33 AM by Homer Jay »

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 07:48 PM »
Due to the success of this series, they're coming up with the next DC cartoon series the Teen Titans

Woohooo! Hope they include Kid Flash and Wonder Girl to complete the George Perez line-up!

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re:Justice League
« Reply #43 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 03:12 AM »
Here's the Teen Titans lineup:

1. Robin, The Boy Wonder (team leader)
2. Raven
3. Cyborg
4. Starfire
5. Beast Boy (Changeling)

Curiously... no Donna Troy.

The art is a lot more "kiddy" than the Batman, Superman and JLA toons.  It's ok, but their rendition of Cyborg looks awful.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #44 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 03:21 AM »
I'm still wondering why they decided to put John Stewart in the JL lineup.  Is it that important to have a token black guy?  Nevermind the fact that this GL has the personality of a robot.  What's worse, they already have the Martian Manhunter to cover that ground.  Either Hal or Kyle would make a better GL and a more interesting addition to the team.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 11:06 AM »
Personally my vote would go to Guy Gardner. What fun that would be with him and Bats in the same room, huh? ;D

Offline trekker

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 11:26 AM »
Personally my vote would go to Guy Gardner. What fun that would be with him and Bats in the same room, huh? ;D

The two of them would give Supes a major headache.

Offline wcvmorasa

• DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 12:40 PM »
I'm still wondering why they decided to put John Stewart in the JL lineup.  Is it that important to have a token black guy?  

I don't know if its true but I heard there was a ruling that there should always be a african american in "kids" show in the US. Can anyone comfirm this?

That would be a hoot!!!! I don't know if any of you guys have seen it but look for the Justice League comic book where Guy challenged Batman to a brawl in the Hall of Justice mano y mano without his power ring and Batman knocked him out in one punch!!! Even the Leaguers who were there were laughing! ;D

/2C0H
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2002 at 12:47 PM by wcvmorasa »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 10:03 PM »
I don't know if any of you guys have seen it but look for the Justice League comic book where Guy challenged Batman to a brawl in the Hall of Justice mano y mano without his power ring and Batman knocked him out in one punch!!!

I remember that! That was funny! ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 21, 2002 at 10:21 PM »
The two of them would give Supes a major headache.

Yeah and Diana will have her hands full trying to fend off not just Flash now but GG as well, hehe. I can hear it now:

"I wanna be on her team."
"No, I wanna be on her team."
"No, I wanna be on her team."
and so on...

I remember this from Calvin and Hobbes tuloy:

Hobbes:  Is Amazon Girl's super power the ability to squeeze that figure into that suit?  
Calvin:  Nah, they all can do that.

;D

Offline formerlysane

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Justice League
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 02:08 PM »
Yesterday, I saw on TV that Cartoon Network will be featuring Justice League sometime soon.

This looks promising  :)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 06:14 PM »
the same show on studio 23? was disappointed with that one. i want the wonder twins back!
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline formerlysane

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 06:17 PM »
the same show on studio 23? was disappointed with that one. i want the wonder twins back!

really? that bad?

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 06:19 PM »
i couldn't connect to any of the characters like before. i must be too awed by the x-men.

Offline The Game

• DVD Addict
  • Time to play the GAME....
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 09:37 PM »
feb 3 na start sa cartoon network.. don't know what time though...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 09:41 PM »
Sana mag-guest si Maritess, kahit sa Superfriends sya nagtrabaho. He he he. ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2003 at 09:52 PM by Battousai »

Offline The Game

• DVD Addict
  • Time to play the GAME....
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 09:45 PM »
Sana mag-guess si Maritess, kahit sa Superfriends sya nagtrabaho. He he he. ;D

hehehe sana makuha yung actual voice talent! :)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Justice League
« Reply #57 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 06:16 AM »
go, go, go, Maritess!

May thread na pala nito. Para mas masaya, baka pwedeng i-merge na natin. How about it, mods?

Justice League

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 07:20 AM »
I like the Old Superfriends better, you know.. the cartoons Ch.9 used to show during early morning Saturdays. Justice League of america vs. The Legion of Doom.  I'll take that any time over this new series, the so-called "Justice League".

It's not that I hate it, but somehow its not what I expect. Superman has less powers and seem to act like a wimp most of the time. Wonder woman changed her name and although she retains her powers, she oftens acts like a prom queen. The Flash has became the group clown, all zing and no sting.  Green Lantern lost that original Hal Jordan suave appeal, he is more smug now probably because he became black. And what is the deal with the Martian? Does this series need an alien guy to prop its ratings?

Batman is the only one who has managed to retain his character. The loner, mysterious bat can still kick butt in this series.

Heck, I'll even take Batman Beyond over this Justice League. Terry McGinnis can surely kick their super asses anytime!  ;)  
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2003 at 02:38 PM by Great Buys »

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 01:14 PM »
Not meaning to justify the cartoon series but...

Superman has less powers and seem to act like a wimp most of the time.

I think they toned down Superman's powers a bit so he wouldn't stand-out (or save the world) most of the time. He could still do superhuman feats but most of his abilities are played down probably to give the other leaguers a chance to shine.

Wonder woman changed her name and although she retains her powers, she oftens acts like a prom queen.

Ummm sorry but what name did she change?

In any case, she IS (technically) a princess who grew up in an isolated island without any contact with men so her prissy attitude's actually justified IMO.

The Flash has become the group clown, all zing and no sting.  Green Lantern lost that original Hal Jordan suave appeal, he is more smug now probably because he became black.

While I would've wanted to see Hal Jordan in the series rather than John Stewart, if they made The Flash less comic-like, the two characters would be redundant (not of power but in terms of characterization probably).

And what is the deal with the Martian? Do this series need an alien guy to prop its ratings?

The inclusion of the Martian Manhunter IMO is a classic move as he is actually one of the original 7 members of the league.

As far as I can recall, he was never featured in the old cartoon series so it's a treat for me to see him in full animated glory :)

Batman is the only one who has managed to retain his character. The loner, mysterious bat can still kick butt in this series.

Yep - this one I wholeheartedly agree! I think the reason why they retained his attitude is because fans have grown to embrace this portrayal of the character (because of the 90s Batman animated series) rather than the campy one.

The old Superfriends cartoon is great but I think the new series can hold up it's own against it. Perhaps the only aspect that the new series has over the old one is the opening credits  ;)