Author Topic: The Voice of the Philippines  (Read 38052 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: The Voice of the Philippines
« Reply #90 on: Aug 03, 2013 at 10:52 PM »
True.

Although his pick in his battle was okay (I thought all three were comparable, with Angelique with a slight edge), Bamboo saying he preferred Sir Lord in the first battle and the boy in second battle proves that he's tone deaf. That boy in Lea's battle round was out of tune throughout most of the song.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Aug 04, 2013 at 09:11 AM »
i have my doubts too about mr. kawayan....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline edzpen2022

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #92 on: Aug 04, 2013 at 10:34 AM »
i have never listened to mr. kawayan even back in his rivermaya days. strange really, while everybody's goin crazy bout him, i preferred kevin roy's(razorback) amazing set of lungs.

I was able to view the said video between dan and lee grane, and i was expecting lee would up the ante abit, but was disappointed she played safe, she should have improvised more, clearly it was dan's game.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2013 at 11:10 AM by edzpen18732 »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #93 on: Aug 04, 2013 at 10:48 AM »
Para sa akin walang remarkable performance kagabi except kay Yuki.

I think Bamboo made the right choice this time with Angelique, playing safe muna siguro  :D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Aug 05, 2013 at 08:44 AM »
Ala eh!, napili 'yung BatangueƱa (Penelope), tama naman, 'yung boses nya kasi ang pinaka angat sa kanilang tatlong naglaban.

I also enjoyed the battle round of Kim Mainit and Taw, maganda boses ni Taw, pero tama din 'yung sinabi ni Kawayan na unique kasi si Kim. Lalake pero boses babae.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #95 on: Aug 06, 2013 at 09:32 AM »

I also enjoyed the battle round of Kim Mainit and Taw, maganda boses ni Taw, pero tama din 'yung sinabi ni Kawayan na unique kasi si Kim. Lalake pero boses babae.

saka pusong babae hehe.. ganda ng performance nila pareho, but I think the song is not Taw's genre. eh si Kim pang RNB siya kaya I think may slight edge siya.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Aug 06, 2013 at 09:42 AM »
^ Ganun ba? Hindi ko naamoy eh  ::)

Pero noong nag blind audition sya akala ko tomboy.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Aug 06, 2013 at 01:59 PM »
i have not been able to watch lately....has Radha been eliminated already?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #98 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM »
Rada is in!
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 01:13 PM »
Rada is in!

mukhang shoo in pa nga eh kaya lang leading to the finals yata botohan na naman eh
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 01:29 PM »
what does shoo in mean.... sorry di ko alam...  hehe

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 06:20 PM »
shoo in - pasok na....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 09:16 PM »
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Aug 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM »
Hindi ko din napanood before yung battle round ni Rada at Marissa, I just finished watching it on youtube. It was the one of the best battle rounds in TVP.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 05:26 PM »
radha has a very powerful voice. the song choice for that battle round suits her. i just don't know if she can do as well with mellow tunes. if she becomes lea's favorite/bet, chances are power vocals ang magiging battle piece ng team lea to ensure that she goes all the way.

that was the issue with AI a few seasons ago, allen vs. lambert. there were accusations that the judges really wanted allen to win and made the finals piece more suitable to allen's voice and style.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 06:08 PM »
radha has a very powerful voice. the song choice for that battle round suits her. i just don't know if she can do as well with mellow tunes. if she becomes lea's favorite/bet, chances are power vocals ang magiging battle piece ng team lea to ensure that she goes all the way.

that was the issue with AI a few seasons ago, allen vs. lambert. there were accusations that the judges really wanted allen to win and made the finals piece more suitable to allen's voice and style.

rhada is a member of the then famous group Kulay, when Kulay disbanded, she went on her own and was a regular in a weekly variety show in channel 7, my opinion is that she can sing better than rachel ann or kyla or even sarah geronimo for that matter, she just got lost in the radar when several singing contests became popular and produced youthful winners, eventhen, some of these winners are nowhere to be found now

mitoy and rhada if we talk about vocal prowess and over all packaging would be very hard to beat immaterial of the song choices but then again, any contest that needs text votes will produce the popular contestant as winner and noit the deserving one as winner

this is one those popularity contest guised as a singing contest. mitoy and rhada's exposure i believe should be enough thought to give them a second chance in their singing carreer( mitoy his firts carck at a singing carreer.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 06:44 PM »
rhada is a member of the then famous group Kulay, when Kulay disbanded, she went on her own and was a regular in a weekly variety show in channel 7, my opinion is that she can sing better than rachel ann or kyla or even sarah geronimo for that matter, she just got lost in the radar when several singing contests became popular and produced youthful winners, eventhen, some of these winners are nowhere to be found now

mitoy and rhada if we talk about vocal prowess and over all packaging would be very hard to beat immaterial of the song choices but then again, any contest that needs text votes will produce the popular contestant as winner and noit the deserving one as winner

this is one those popularity contest guised as a singing contest. mitoy and rhada's exposure i believe should be enough thought to give them a second chance in their singing carreer( mitoy his firts carck at a singing carreer.

i agree.

text votes can make or break any contestant in such kind of a contest. if you have talent, but do not have the charisma, chances are the less talented but more charismatic one will emerge victorious.

i have watched Radha as a guest vocalist in one of Wolfgang's concerts (acoustica). she was so great there. sayang ung Kulay. their career was peaking already and could have reached greater heights. IIRC, they disbanded when her partner (who's name escapes me) died.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 07:21 PM »
i agree.

text votes can make or break any contestant in such kind of a contest. if you have talent, but do not have the charisma, chances are the less talented but more charismatic one will emerge victorious.

i have watched Radha as a guest vocalist in one of Wolfgang's concerts (acoustica). she was so great there. sayang ung Kulay. their career was peaking already and could have reached greater heights. IIRC, they disbanded when her partner (who's name escapes me) died.

Boom and Rhada

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #108 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 09:43 PM »
I met Boom back when he was doing video documentation for the Ironman event at Camsur a couple of years ago. Seemed like a nice enough guy. It was Kulay member Jeannie who passed away due to an epileptic seizure. From the backstory vids they played on the show Radha seemed really affected by the tragedy.

I would have actually preferred Marissa but, those two could have gone on in the competition at any given day. I don't agree with Coach Lea's decision but I can't disagree with it either.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2013 at 09:45 PM by Dan »

Offline dyonge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #109 on: Aug 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM »
now ko lang nakita thread na 'to.

siguro sa final rounds, yung mga younger contestants na matitira.  magtataya kaya ang abs sa  mga oldies?  papasok mga oldies siguro kung me kalibre sila ni paul potts o susan boyle.  factor could be that a large percentage of text votes in the final rounds will be coming from the under 40 age bracket.
most likely, even those with previous experiences in the music scene or previously recorded as an artist ay mae-eliminate na rin.    irere-launch kaya ng abs ang has been?

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 02:25 AM »
I met Boom back when he was doing video documentation for the Ironman event at Camsur a couple of years ago. Seemed like a nice enough guy. It was Kulay member Jeannie who passed away due to an epileptic seizure. From the backstory vids they played on the show Radha seemed really affected by the tragedy.

I would have actually preferred Marissa but, those two could have gone on in the competition at any given day. I don't agree with Coach Lea's decision but I can't disagree with it either.

rhada was expected to be at her best in that one on one and she was really good, but marissa held her own, if not for rhada being rhada, marissa would have been the better one, i was wondering bakit wala yung pwede mag steal ng hindi napili?

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #111 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 03:14 AM »
rhada was expected to be at her best in that one on one and she was really good, but marissa held her own, if not for rhada being rhada, marissa would have been the better one, i was wondering bakit wala yung pwede mag steal ng hindi napili?

According sa mga tweet ng production, they're thinking about implementing that if the show gets a second season. Also, not every version of the franchise internationally have the same set of rules. Tayo ata may groupings, meaning not all members of each coach's team will perform on a particular night (Group A for the first week, Group B second week) and this is not the case sa US franchise.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #112 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 08:46 AM »
From what I've seen so far, the "Steal" is unique to the US franchise of the show, added to boost ratings since the Battle Rounds were the lowest-rated part of the show in the States.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 09:49 AM »
Yes, maganda 'yung "steal" part sa US Version, kung sino ang hindi mapipili sa battle round pwedeng kunin ng ibang coaches. Kung meron ganyang rule sa TVP, malamang may kumuha kay Marissa.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM »
Yes, maganda 'yung "steal" part sa US Version, kung sino ang hindi mapipili sa battle round pwedeng kunin ng ibang coaches. Kung meron ganyang rule sa TVP, malamang may kumuha kay Marissa.

or yung tinalo ni lee crane

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM »
Yung Myk.... lamig ng boses. Jumejason Mraz... hehe. .

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #116 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM »
oo nga! hope he gets voted into the next round.

on another note, this 7 minutes to vote thing might not work. network is congested and the 2 votes I made weren't even counted.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM »
thats why I always hate pag botohan

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM »
Ayun!!! Pasok si myk!  May talent talaga yung bata...

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM »
Bamboo shut-up!