Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 515273 times)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <OFFSEASON>
« Reply #60 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM »
Hope DG will sign with the Heat! ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #61 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM »

Drew Gooden?  ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #62 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM »
Given his alpha male status, the only way Kobe will give way to anyone is if he sees that the next person will stay and take care of the organization similar to what he did + he need to realize it first that he is on his twilight years of his career. The way he is playing right now, hindi pa niya tanggap kaya kahit sino pa yan, Kobe will not relinquish his status in LA.

Re: passing of the torch, ayaw pa talaga. Sabi yata nya before, when he retires, tsaka lang daw magiging "Dwight's team" yung Lakers (if Howard stays) lol

Re: accepting that he's an oldie and not the top dog of the NBA, he has said a lot of times na he's not the same as his younger years. He accepts that he has grampa legs (can't jump as high)...but you can't blame the guy for still thinking he's a top-dog caliber player until now. His last few games last season was spectacular for an old guy like him. He was still playing at a high level, even blowing by his defenders (I'm looking at you G.Wallace) and dunking on a high leaper, blocker (what's up, Josh Smith?). I think that Kobe is the type who wants to see another player who will remind him of himself. Someone who has the same drive and dedication to the game. Those are the type of guys who will earn his respect and he'll probably pass the torch to. Sadly, they don't grow on trees. Kaya I doubt that Kobe will ever relinquish his alpha male status until he retires.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #63 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM »
I think that Kobe is the type who wants to see another player who will remind him of himself. Someone who has the same drive and dedication to the game.

Dedication to the game nga ba, or to himself?

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM »
Re: passing of the torch, ayaw pa talaga. Sabi yata nya before, when he retires, tsaka lang daw magiging "Dwight's team" yung Lakers (if Howard stays) lol

Re: accepting that he's an oldie and not the top dog of the NBA, he has said a lot of times na he's not the same as his younger years. He accepts that he has grampa legs (can't jump as high)...but you can't blame the guy for still thinking he's a top-dog caliber player until now. His last few games last season was spectacular for an old guy like him. He was still playing at a high level, even blowing by his defenders (I'm looking at you G.Wallace) and dunking on a high leaper, blocker (what's up, Josh Smith?). I think that Kobe is the type who wants to see another player who will remind him of himself. Someone who has the same drive and dedication to the game. Those are the type of guys who will earn his respect and he'll probably pass the torch to. Sadly, they don't grow on trees. Kaya I doubt that Kobe will ever relinquish his alpha male status until he retires.

For Kobe, it's CP3 and Derrick Rose who are most like him  ( http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/16/kobe-says-guys-most-like-him-derrick-rose-chris-paul/ ).  Note :  this was before DRose got injured and has not returned yet  so baka nagbago na tingin sa kanya ni Kobe.

Another player that Kobe says "has mamba blood runnin' down his veins" is, you guessed it, RUSSELL WESTBROOK. (http://elitedaily.com/sports/kobe-bryant-russell-westbrook-mamba-blood/)   I am not surprised hahaha.  Pareho silang bwa ------  errr, intense na nga lang.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM by mattia »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM »
Dedication to the game nga ba, or to himself?

err...First in, last out in the gym, intense basketball workouts, etc etc?  I'm referring to countless accounts from different players who have mentioned his work ethic.

Given he has a huge ego but wasn't MJ the same way? Even that old MJ who played for the Wizards still wanted to be the top-dog for that team. Can't blame them for being competitive. There are people like that.

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM »
Given his alpha male status, the only way Kobe will give way to anyone is if he sees that the next person will stay and take care of the organization similar to what he did + he need to realize it first that he is on his twilight years of his career. The way he is playing right now, hindi pa niya tanggap kaya kahit sino pa yan, Kobe will not relinquish his status in LA.

Well.. first and foremost, unang e giveway ni KB24 is yong pocket nya.. need to cut it into between 10-12M para mag ka space cap .. in this way pwede ma supportahan yong inaatim nya na 6 rings ;)

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM »
Drew Gooden?  ;D
no thanks...danny green? hehe...well naki afterparty naman siya sa heat diba?

danny granger?
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM by tifosi_pao »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #68 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM »
I think parang si Lebron si D12. Di nagiging agressive pag hindi sa kanya yung Team, see 2011 Finals, DWade was up for Finals MVP if they won there.

Also Game 3 vs. Sas, DWade was aggressive Lebron very passive. I really HATE that Game 3.

Either Kobe steps down, gives the team to D12 or he goes somewhere else.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM »
Well.. first and foremost, unang e giveway ni KB24 is yong pocket nya.. need to cut it into between 10-12M para mag ka space cap .. in this way pwede ma supportahan yong inaatim nya na 6 rings ;)

exactly. 30m yata siya this season? But it's his last year in his contract naman e. Expiring na yan. He deserves that big pay anyway. Max contract player talaga. He will definitely take a huge pay cut whether he likes it or not. Old dog na siya and at most, 2 to 3 years na lang siguro malalaro nya at a high level. Pigang piga na legs nyan. :D

Sana makuha si Wiggins. LOL. or any top prospect in 2014.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #70 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM »
anything is possible!!!!!  >:D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #71 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM »
Given he has a huge ego but wasn't MJ the same way? Even that old MJ who played for the Wizards still wanted to be the top-dog for that team. Can't blame them for being competitive. There are people like that.

No. MJ wasn't the same way.   ;D  MJ may have been too competitive, but he was a competitive team player.  Other players really love playing with him and he doesn't alienate them.  He was willing to let other players be in the spotlight if he was having a bad game.  I don't recall him throwing a teammate under the bus when things go wrong.  He would assign the bulk of the blame to himself when the team fails.

And he admits it when he screws up.  Hence the famous line.... “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”    :D
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM »
err...First in, last out in the gym, intense basketball workouts, etc etc?  I'm referring to countless accounts from different players who have mentioned his work ethic.

He did those for himself. Had he involved his team, perfecting plays, I'd agree it's for the game.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:03 PM »
No. MJ wasn't the same way.   ;D  MJ may have been too competitive, but he was a competitive team player.  Other players really love playing with him and he doesn't alienate them.  He was willing to let other players be in the spotlight if he was having a bad game.  I don't recall him throwing a teammate under the bus when things go wrong.  He would assign the bulk of the blame to himself when the team fails.

And he admits it when he screws up.  Hence the famous line.... “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”    :D

Yep, MJ definitely wasn't the type to throw teammates (or former teammates) under the bus (at least, to my knowledge). But I can't blame Kobe for his comments about Kwame and Smush. MJ never had a teammate like butterfinger Kwame.

Phil Jax already said that MJ was a better leader. MJ's stay in College was probably be the difference-maker. He learned to play within a system unlike Kobe who jumped from HS to the NBA. But with regard to being a competitive team player...I'd say his days with Shaq should be a good example of how he "sacrificed" his game for the team. Two alpha males sharing the ball yun. Shaq in his prime, Kobe in his prime. Sadly, that marriage didn't last kasi lumabas din talaga yung egos nilang dalawa. Kobe wanted to be the only alpha male. Jerry Buss had to choose. Sheesh. That was a bitter pill to swallow as a Lakers fan.

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:15 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:04 PM »
exactly. 30m yata siya this season? But it's his last year in his contract naman e. Expiring na yan. He deserves that big pay anyway. Max contract player talaga. He will definitely take a huge pay cut whether he likes it or not. Old dog na siya and at most, 2 to 3 years na lang siguro malalaro nya at a high level. Pigang piga na legs nyan. :D

Sana makuha si Wiggins. LOL. or any top prospect in 2014.

sino ba'ng team #1 pick sa 2014?

wiggings.. panapat kay Mclemore ;)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:08 PM »
sino ba'ng team #1 pick sa 2014?

wiggings.. panapat kay Mclemore ;)
wala pa! haha. Malalaman lang natin yan after next season ends kasi based sa standings ang lottery e.

He did those for himself. Had he involved his team, perfecting plays, I'd agree it's for the game.

again, from numerous accounts: During flights, Kobe watches games and he approaches his teammates to tell them what they could do better. As for involving teammates in perfecting plays...isn't that what practices are for?

besides, who would want to wake up real early in the morning to practice plays with Kobe when they know they'll be having scrimmages during scheduled practices anyway. Team practice is the coach's job, not Kobe's. Siyempre individual game ang ipeperfect ng isang player when not in team practice. You practice your jumpshot, post moves, dribbling, etc etc.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:44 PM »
I don't question Kobe's work ethic. My concern is whether that work ethic translate to team success.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 01:51 PM »
I don't question Kobe's work ethic. My concern is whether that work ethic translate to team success.

you can only expect so much from a single player. It all has to click for the team. Clearly, it didn't click for the Lakers. Could be the system, could be team chemistry (players) or maybe the injuries. I would love to know what really went wrong for the Lakers. But from what I'm getting, it's a mixture of the wrong coach and zero team chemistry.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #78 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:03 PM »
I agree on chemistry, kahit gaano pa kagaling ang team kung wala neto wala rin.. US team is a classic example..
The Pats way...

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:04 PM »
Lets enjoy kobe..ilng years n lng bye bye n din yan...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:11 PM »

Yep, MJ definitely wasn't the type to throw teammates (or former teammates) under the bus (at least, to my knowledge). But I can't blame Kobe for his comments about Kwame and Smush. MJ never had a teammate like butterfinger Kwame.

Phil Jax already said that MJ was a better leader. MJ's stay in College was probably be the difference-maker. He learned to play within a system unlike Kobe who jumped from HS to the NBA. But with regard to being a competitive team player...I'd say his days with Shaq should be a good example of how he "sacrificed" his game for the team. Two alpha males sharing the ball yun. Shaq in his prime, Kobe in his prime. Sadly, that marriage didn't last kasi lumabas din talaga yung egos nilang dalawa. Kobe wanted to be the only alpha male. Jerry Buss had to choose. Sheesh. That was a bitter pill to swallow as a Lakers fan.

I tend to agree with you guys but there were also reports that MJ wasn't necessarily the model teammate.  Had to look for this article that came out in 2010, as usual in bleacherreport ( although i'd say half of the articles there are "chismis" )

MJ WAS (NOT) A GREAT TEAMMATE

Common perception is that Michael Jordan was the model teammate.  It will tell you that he excelled at building his teammates up and bringing out the best in those around him.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

One incident has Michael Jordan riding Bill Cartwright on a particularly bad night for Cartwright.

In the locker room Michael Jordan resorted to trying to embarrass Cartwright in front of the team.  He was offensive to the point that afterward, Cartwright pulled him to the side and said

"Look, if you ever do anything like that again, you will never play basketball again because I will break both of your legs."

You probably never heard about that though, because MJ can do no wrong.

Another incident includes an actual physical confrontation with a teammate.  The Bulls were in practice when Will Perdue laid a hard screen on Jordan.  Imagine someone playing hard in practice!

This did not sit well with His Airness.  He was infuriated to the point where he felt it necessary to punch Purdue in the face.  Yes, you read right.  To PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

Imagine if you will, an article comes out tomorrow that features a story about Kobe Bryant punching Pau Gasol in the face because he set too hard of a screen at practice.

Imagine LeBron James punching one of his nice guy teammates in the face like say, Zydrunas Ilgauskas.  Imagine what the initial reaction and backlash would be if this happened once...now multiply it

Not only did Jordan get physical with Will Perdue, he also felt the need to punch Steve Kerr in the face!  Jordan and Kerr were known to have two different opinions on the Collective Bargaining Agreement that was being voted on.

Kerr was a Players Union leader while Michael wanted to dissolve the Union.   They had many heated discussions about the subject.  One day during a practice, Steve Kerr was guarding Jordan.

Kerr was reportedly playing tough defense on Jordan-  too tough for Jordan's liking.  So much so, that he felt the irresistible urge to punch Steve in the face.  And he followed through with it.

A Model citizen indeed.  Not once, but twice did he feel that it was excusable to physically attack his TEAMMATES.

You can imagine the reaction to anyone that was considered the face of the league today (Kobe, LeBron, Durant) attacking their teammates.  Everyone would have a field day crucifying them.  But not so for His Airness...  his reputation gets a pass.

[/i]

But yeah, I looked up to MJ as the perfect leader during his time.  As for Kobe, who knows, di pa naman tapos ang career.  Baka this injury did him more good than harm.  Baka maisip nya in the silence of his boredom, "hey I gotta go out with the class of a legend".. Baka naman magbago at maging ultimate leader na din si Kobe in his last run for that elusive 6th ring ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:12 PM »
Lets enjoy kobe..ilng years n lng bye bye n din yan...

He might not be like-Mike who was, and still is, a media darling (because of his unfortunate love for bungholes), but his skills/talent will truly be missed. Arguably in the top 5 best players all-time based on skills/talent, definitely top 10. Sure-fire Hall of Fame material.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:17 PM »
I tend to agree with you guys but there were also reports that MJ wasn't necessarily the model teammate.  Had to look for this article that came out in 2010, as usual in bleacherreport ( although i'd say half of the articles there are "chismis" )

MJ WAS (NOT) A GREAT TEAMMATE

Common perception is that Michael Jordan was the model teammate.  It will tell you that he excelled at building his teammates up and bringing out the best in those around him.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

One incident has Michael Jordan riding Bill Cartwright on a particularly bad night for Cartwright.

In the locker room Michael Jordan resorted to trying to embarrass Cartwright in front of the team.  He was offensive to the point that afterward, Cartwright pulled him to the side and said

"Look, if you ever do anything like that again, you will never play basketball again because I will break both of your legs."

You probably never heard about that though, because MJ can do no wrong.

Another incident includes an actual physical confrontation with a teammate.  The Bulls were in practice when Will Perdue laid a hard screen on Jordan.  Imagine someone playing hard in practice!

This did not sit well with His Airness.  He was infuriated to the point where he felt it necessary to punch Purdue in the face.  Yes, you read right.  To PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

Imagine if you will, an article comes out tomorrow that features a story about Kobe Bryant punching Pau Gasol in the face because he set too hard of a screen at practice.

Imagine LeBron James punching one of his nice guy teammates in the face like say, Zydrunas Ilgauskas.  Imagine what the initial reaction and backlash would be if this happened once...now multiply it

Not only did Jordan get physical with Will Perdue, he also felt the need to punch Steve Kerr in the face!  Jordan and Kerr were known to have two different opinions on the Collective Bargaining Agreement that was being voted on.

Kerr was a Players Union leader while Michael wanted to dissolve the Union.   They had many heated discussions about the subject.  One day during a practice, Steve Kerr was guarding Jordan.

Kerr was reportedly playing tough defense on Jordan-  too tough for Jordan's liking.  So much so, that he felt the irresistible urge to punch Steve in the face.  And he followed through with it.

A Model citizen indeed.  Not once, but twice did he feel that it was excusable to physically attack his TEAMMATES.

You can imagine the reaction to anyone that was considered the face of the league today (Kobe, LeBron, Durant) attacking their teammates.  Everyone would have a field day crucifying them.  But not so for His Airness...  his reputation gets a pass.

[/i]

But yeah, I looked up to MJ as the perfect leader during his time.  As for Kobe, who knows, di pa naman tapos ang career.  Baka this injury did him more good than harm.  Baka maisip nya in the silence of his boredom, "hey I gotta go out with the class of a legend".. Baka naman magbago at maging ultimate leader na din si Kobe in his last run for that elusive 6th ring ;D

interesting. I only heard rumors about him punching Kerr. Gut punch pa nga naalala ko na nakwento saken. :D

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 348
« Reply #83 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:28 PM »
lahat naman yan andun na sa jordan rules na book, there was a time estranged si jordan kay horace grant kasi it was said that horace was the main source of the book, but you have to give jordan credit kasi he tempered his attitude as the years went by specially nung 2nd threepeat nila

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:30 PM »
interesting. I only heard rumors about him punching Kerr. Gut punch pa nga naalala ko na nakwento saken. :D

I just learned that Kerr fracas when I read the article again.  Never heard of that.  So mabuti na lang si Jordan ang gumawa nun.  As I said, we are kind to Jordan.  We will always justify that he is right.

Isipin mo kung ngayon nangyari yan halimbawa kay Kobe, and the news will be "Kobe gut punched Jodie Meeks" or kay Lebron = "Lebron punched Chalmers", with all the social media available, yari na naman sa media at sa haters yan dalawang kumag na yan ;D ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:33 PM »
lahat naman yan andun na sa jordan rules na book, there was a time estranged si jordan kay horace grant kasi it was said that horace was the main source of the book, but you have to give jordan credit kasi he tempered his attitude as the years went by specially nung 2nd threepeat nila

Mismo my punto sir.  Sabi ko nga, bago natin husgahan si Kobe e let's wait for his career to end.  Malay mo, baka magbago naman yun mama.  Tulad ni MJ, he might temper his attitude.  Who knows he might also evolve into a more team first style as he has proven in his last few games,  Tumi triple double na nga yun lolo nyo di ba?  Napilay lang nga :(
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:38 PM by mattia »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:33 PM »
Pero ok lang saken if "Lebron went bersker barrage on Bosh". I will praise Lebron for the rest of my life.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:40 PM »
Pero ok lang saken if "Lebron went bersker barrage on Bosh". I will praise Lebron for the rest of my life.

Bosh Hater!!!

Yari ka pag napunta ng Lakers yan si Boshtsip. >:D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 02:49 PM »
Bosh Hater!!!

Yari ka pag napunta ng Lakers yan si Boshtsip. >:D

ay, the bashing/hating won't stop! I bashed Kwame brown to no end while he was a Laker. Ika nga, if words could kill, matagal nang patay si Kwame Brown nung time na yun. hahaha

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #89 on: Jun 26, 2013 at 03:31 PM »
DpoGs >:D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission