Author Topic: NBA 2013-2014 <FINALS>  (Read 518734 times)

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #1950 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM »
You are basing it on one game where there was no Rondo, Bayless nor Bradley.  Ok given you watched before the start of OT, in retrospect....winning the game does contradict the notion of tanking.

I have actually been watching the Celtics all season...not just this game. Celtics are rebuilding and are not built to win.  But you actually see the players trying to win.  Lots of players trying to prove their worth.  Lots of players on the last year of their contracts trying to play well and secure a more lucrative one next season. And lots of players trying to prove they belong in the league. Then you have a coach trying to prove he can coach and not be another statistic of coaching failures coming from the college ranks. Celtics are actually tring to win every game.  In the 2 games versus the Heat, Boston won by 1pt in the first game after rallying from 10pts then rallied from 18pts down and even lead by 2 with 3mins to go....only to lose the game with under a minute left.

Players and coaches never like losing. And tanking is never in thier mindsets. It's management that does the tanking by making sure the team does not win. Danny Ainge is a smart guy and will do some movements to ensure that they get the best possible team in future. Celts will lose a lot more games to achieve this. I think Humphries and Bass will be traded before the deadline and maybe Rondo to get more assets. If they can get a team to take on Wallace he would even for 2nd rounders.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1951 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM »
Players and coaches never like losing. And tanking is never in thier mindsets. It's management that does the tanking by making sure the team does not win. Danny Ainge is a smart guy and will do some movements to ensure that they get the best possible team in future. Celts will lose a lot more games to achieve this. I think Humphries and Bass will be traded before the deadline and maybe Rondo to get more assets. If they can get a team to take on Wallace he would even for 2nd rounders.

With the players, I can agree. Sa coach however...medjo iffy ako jan. Specially this young Celtics coach. He might have been told to take it easy and not worry about winning. I go back again to that one play after Gortat missed a free throw and Sullinger got the rebound and he burned the clock looking very clueless what to do. The coach should have called a timeout right away after the rebound pero antagal din nagreact e.

But I reiterate my wish, I hope the Celtics drafts a bust or gets unlucky a-la Len Bias type of unlucky. (although, I would want to see great talent in college play in the pros, wag lang talaga sa Celtics. haha)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1952 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM »

Correct and exactly my point.  Management might put the team in a position to not succeed.  But when the game is already underway, the Celtics actually are trying to win the game.  Mas tanking pa nga in my perception yun years that Pierce, KG & Allen were still with the team.  They actually not try hard enough to win ball games.  Kasi mindset nila, they will just turn the switch on during the playoffs.  Mas binebenta pa nga yun laro nuon.   ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1953 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:30 PM »
With the players, I can agree. Sa coach however...medjo iffy ako jan. Specially this young Celtics coach. He might have been told to take it easy and not worry about winning. I go back again to that one play after Gortat missed a free throw and Sullinger got the rebound and he burned the clock looking very clueless what to do. The coach should have called a timeout right away after the rebound pero antagal din nagreact e.

But I reiterate my wish, I hope the Celtics drafts a bust or gets unlucky a-la Len Bias type of unlucky. (although, I would want to see great talent in college play in the pros, wag lang talaga sa Celtics. haha)

Again you are basing it on one game and judging a "rookie" coach.  Why would a rookie coach intentionally sabotage his rep just when he is starting out by intentionally losing? ;D  You didn't see the last second shot of Jeff Green to help the Celtics win over the Heat.  Then see Stevens call time out and draw up the play.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1954 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM »
Correct and exactly my point.  Management might put the team in a position to not succeed.  But when the game is already underway, the Celtics actually are trying to win the game.  Mas tanking pa nga in my perception yun years that Pierce, KG & Allen were still with the team.  They actually not try hard enough to win ball games.  Kasi mindset nila, they will just turn the switch on during the playoffs.  Mas binebenta pa nga yun laro nuon.   ;D

di pala orig ang MIA sa idea na yan? *switch to another lever sa Playoffs

;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1955 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM »

;D

Yup.  Yun ang akala ni Doc Rivers, KG, Pierce and Allen.  But in fairness, they did that in 2010 and 2012. ;D  Doc even said he values health more than seeding.  So that's a more eloquent way of saying...ok lang magpatalo ng laro basta healthy na yun players come playoff time.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1956 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM »
Again you are basing it on one game and judging a "rookie" coach.  Why would a rookie coach intentionally sabotage his rep just when he is starting out by intentionally losing? ;D  You didn't see the last second shot of Jeff Green to help the Celtics win over the Heat.  Then see Stevens call time out and draw up the play.

that was a lucky wild shot by Green. alright then, so with your line of thinking, are you saying then that tanking does not exist and it's just teams purely sucking?

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1957 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM »
Nix!

Ref riding fisher like a horse  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:03 PM by rusty »

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1958 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:01 PM »

;D

That's a play from the playbook of Pop he's been doing that for so long.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1959 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:07 PM »
that was a lucky wild shot by Green. alright then, so with your line of thinking, are you saying then that tanking does not exist and it's just teams purely sucking?

The form of how Green shot the ball was wild/lucky  But the play was by design.  But the point being contested is while the game is underway, Celtics players and the head coach are consciously and intentionally trying to lose the game.  There I disagree.  There is tanking.  But it's not on the playing court for the Celtics while the game is underway.

As for the rest of the league, management wise there is.  As for teams and their players and coaches, I wouldn't know as I haven't seen all of their games.  But the disagreement rests solely on the Celtics.  Even the Lakers, from the fair amount of games I have seen, the Lakers are actually trying to win their fair share of games.  So my assessment is they really just suck and even if they try to win, they can't.

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #1960 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:08 PM »
IMO, teams start to tank at the half of the season when especially  for  those who cant even compete for the last spot of the playoff or even s top ten ng conference nila.

But for GM, they tank before the start of the season like Philly.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1961 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:24 PM »
The form of how Green shot the ball was wild/lucky  But the play was by design.  But the point being contested is while the game is underway, Celtics players and the head coach are consciously and intentionally trying to lose the game.  There I disagree.  There is tanking.  But it's not on the playing court for the Celtics while the game is underway.

As for the rest of the league, management wise there is.  As for teams and their players and coaches, I wouldn't know as I haven't seen all of their games.  But the disagreement rests solely on the Celtics.  Even the Lakers, from the fair amount of games I have seen, the Lakers are actually trying to win their fair share of games.  So my assessment is they really just suck and even if they try to win, they can't.

Ok, maybe I was reaching with my claim that the players and the coach are doing the tanking. But that was what I've seen while watching a few games after they traded Jordan Crawford. Also, with that last game they had against the Heat, it was more of the Heat playing down to the level of their competition rather than the Celtics really doing actualy damage. At least that's what I think.

I guess the Celtics as a team just sucks so bad. Maybe a lot of them have low IQs kaya ko nasabi na benta kasi madaming boneheaded plays kanina.

As for the Lakers, oh, I have no disagreement with you on that. I have watched 90% of their games and I see players actually doing their best to win games (something I failed to see in the few games I've watched the Celtics play, except when they trounced the Knicks by 40points in MSG). The talent is "ok" for the Lakers and they might just have enough talent to grab the 8th spot IF they had a complete and healthy roster. But as it is, Gasol and Swaggy P + pieces will only give you very few Ws. (and I hope it continues to stay that way, for the Lakers' sake in the draft)

Nix!

Ref riding fisher like a horse  ;D

That was a scary fall for Bargs. He used his wrist to land on the floor. Surprisingly though, he got up and sank both free throws after that fall. Lucky break for the knicks considering they already have a very thin front court.

As for the Fisher-riding ref, nice edit! haha. This was probably after Fish and Mills got after the loose ball late in the 4th.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 01:30 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1962 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 02:30 PM »
grabe tong Magic and Celtics kung magtank. haha

Lalo na yung Celtics. Up 18 coming into the 3rd and they squander it all to go to OT. Hope they get screwed again sa draft. I remember they tanked to get Duncan and then again to get Oden or Durant. Hope they get a bust.haha

isa bang dahilan eh nanalo LAL nong last 17-Jan ?????

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1963 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 02:39 PM »
That's a play from the playbook of Pop he's been doing that for so long.

Pero that's regarding Injuries.

How about playing lazily parang mga bopols sa regular season? Lets say vs. Chicago sa regular season, Rose becomes MVP then Heat in 5 naman pala sa Playoffs? ;D

*Natalo nga lang sila sa Dallas noong Finals hehe
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 02:39 PM by rexFi »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1964 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 03:13 PM »
isa bang dahilan eh nanalo LAL nong last 17-Jan ?????

isa pa yun. Rondo went for the hero ball 3pointer. sheesh. what was that all about. it was the only time that I wanted my Lakers to lose against those green suckers pero nanalo pa din Lakers. haha

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1965 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 03:24 PM »
isa pa yun. Rondo went for the hero ball 3pointer. sheesh. what was that all about. it was the only time that I wanted my Lakers to lose against those green suckers pero nanalo pa din Lakers. haha

parehas tayo.. kakainis diba nanalo LAL

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1966 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 03:37 PM »

I'm sorry but weren't the Celtics down 3 with the clock winding down?  Wasn't he supposed to shoot from the 3pt area?   ;D  Of course kung 2 pointer lang talo pa rin.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1967 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 03:51 PM »
I'm sorry but weren't the Celtics down 3 with the clock winding down?  Wasn't he supposed to shoot from the 3pt area?   ;D  Of course kung 2 pointer lang talo pa rin.

err...did I say anywhere in my post that they should've taken the 2-pointer? I'm questioning Rondo's decision to shoot the ball himself. do you honestly think he should have been the one to shoot the ball in that situation? you make it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. I watched the game. He could have dished it out to someone who could actually make three pointers. It was not a catch-and-shoot situation,hence they had a few seconds to spare to create a shot for an actual shooter. Rondo isn't a shooter and it was his first game of the season. He was not the best option.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1968 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 04:14 PM »
err...did I say anywhere in my post that they should've taken the 2-pointer? I'm questioning Rondo's decision to shoot the ball himself. do you honestly think he should have been the one to shoot the ball in that situation? you make it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. I watched the game. He could have dished it out to someone who could actually make three pointers. It was not a catch-and-shoot situation,hence they had a few seconds to spare to create a shot for an actual shooter. Rondo isn't a shooter and it was his first game of the season. He was not the best option.

That's why I was asking.  The post said "Rondo went for the hero ball 3pointer...." all in one breath.  Yun kasi ang implication or my understanding.  Syempre how can it be hero ball 3 pointer when you need a three just to tie the ballgame.  Ang meaning pala is Rondo wanted to be the hero so he took the three pointer.  Correct it was not the ideal outcome.  But even in Pierce & KG's last season with the Celtics, Rondo was being groomed to be their go to guy.  Much to the frustration of fans of course.  I think he was 1 out of 5 in game winning situations.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 at 04:16 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #1969 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 05:48 PM »
That's why I was asking.  The post said "Rondo went for the hero ball 3pointer...." all in one breath.  Yun kasi ang implication or my understanding.  Syempre how can it be hero ball 3 pointer when you need a three just to tie the ballgame.  Ang meaning pala is Rondo wanted to be the hero so he took the three pointer.  Correct it was not the ideal outcome.  But even in Pierce & KG's last season with the Celtics, Rondo was being groomed to be their go to guy.  Much to the frustration of fans of course.  I think he was 1 out of 5 in game winning situations.

Yeah, thats what I meant. He wanted to be the hero that sent the game to OT. He really needs to work on his jumper first before deciding to take shots like that. Kahit midrange lang like how Parker developed his shot.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2013-2014 <REGULAR SEASON>
« Reply #1970 on: Jan 23, 2014 at 06:30 PM »
Yeah, thats what I meant. He wanted to be the hero that sent the game to OT. He really needs to work on his jumper first before deciding to take shots like that. Kahit midrange lang like how Parker developed his shot.

Just like Dwight Howard where people swear he hits 10, 15FTs in a row in practice....asistant coaches and Doc Rivers himself swear Rondo consistently hits the outside shots.  Now it's a mater of doing it in actual games.  He has had his fair share of nailing the 3 with the clock winding down.  So maybe his decision was not w/o basis.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/12/rajon-rondo-good-from-three-point-range.html

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2157
« Reply #1971 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 08:30 AM »
Celtics and Rondo fan here. Don't mind Rondo taking the last shot at the 3. Pero sana tumama naman sa ring. Eh sa board lang tumama eh lol!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1972 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 08:55 AM »
Andrea Bargnani is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with a torn ligament in his left elbow.

Bargnani complained about having a "sore arm" after Wednesday's game, and it turns out that he had torn a ligament late in the third quarter. It's yet another terrible blow for the Knicks, who are already without Kenyon Martin and Amare Stoudemire due to ankle injuries. Carmelo Anthony will likely slide to PF with Pablo Prigioni shifting into the starting lineup until some big men filter back into the lineup, and backup center Jeremy Tyler should also see more action.

wow. looks like I spoke too soon. Kawawa naman Knicks. Can't catch a break.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1973 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 09:20 AM »
14 new guys in the 28-man team USA pool.

LaMarcus Aldridge
Bradley Beal
DeMarcus Cousins
Andre Drummond
Kenneth Faried
Paul George
Blake Griffin
Gordon Hayward
Kyrie Irving
Kyle Korver
David Lee
Kawhi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Klay Thompson

I'd take Lillard to replace Derrick Rose, Paul George to replace Iguodala, Kyrie to replace Deron and probably Drummond or Cousins to replace Chandler. I feel like Aldridge should also be in the final team but I'm not sure which player he can replace. They're stacked! So stacked that I can't even put Blake Griffin in that roster. :D

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1974 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 09:54 AM »
Aldridge was snubbed for the AS starters. The system is really flawed. After the 3rd round of voting if a player has not played x number of games should be disqualified. It just makes it a joke when Kobe (no disrespect for the player) who only played for 6 games gets a go instead of someone who hasn't missed a game and is on a a winning team.

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1975 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 09:58 AM »
^I'm not surprised. I think there are fewer basketball fans watching the NBA compared to NBA player fans.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #1976 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM »
2014 NBA All-Star starters:

East: James, Anthony, George, Wade & Irving
West: Durant, Griffin, Love, Bryant & Curry

I'm a bit surprised that Kevin Love got voted ahead of the likes of Aldridge, but he deserves it. Same for Steph Curry. Finally!

If I could vote for the reserves (2 guards, 3 forwards/centers and 2 wild cards), I'd choose:

East: Wall, Walker, DeRozan, Jefferson, Hibbert, Millsap, Noah
West: Harden, Lillard, Aldridge, ADavis, Cousins, Dragic, Paul*

We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1977 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM »
Aldridge was snubbed for the AS starters. The system is really flawed. After the 3rd round of voting if a player has not played x number of games should be disqualified. It just makes it a joke when Kobe (no disrespect for the player) who only played for 6 games gets a go instead of someone who hasn't missed a game and is on a a winning team.

Kobe isn't playing anyway. Plus, votes for Kobe do not affect the votes that LMA would have gotten because they play different positions. Yung funny yung votes for Jeremy Lin. Mas madami pang votes kesa kay Lillard. Dwayne Wade din does not deserve to be a starter nor an all-star this year.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1978 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM »
2014 NBA All-Star starters:

East: James, Anthony, George, Wade & Irving
West: Durant, Griffin, Love, Bryant & Curry

I'm a bit surprised that Kevin Love got voted ahead of the likes of Aldridge, but he deserves it. Same for Steph Curry. Finally!

If I could vote for the reserves (2 guards, 3 forwards/centers and 2 wild cards), I'd choose:

East: Wall, Walker, DeRozan, Jefferson, Hibbert, Millsap, Noah
West: Harden, Lillard, Aldridge, ADavis, Cousins, Dragic, Paul*

My picks for All-Star Reserves

East: Lowry, Afflalo, Bosh, Millsap, Hibbert, Noah, Wall
If Wade misses the game: Stephenson or  Derozan

West: Lillard, Harden, Duncan, Aldridge, Howard, Nowitzki, Parker
If Kobe misses the game: A. Davis, W. Matthews or C. Paul

TNT picks:
EAST:

WEST:

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM by rusty »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1979 on: Jan 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM »
Looks like both conference's starting SGs won't play.