Author Topic: subwoofer repair help  (Read 556 times)

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
subwoofer repair help
« on: Jul 01, 2013 at 11:47 AM »
Hi, I haven't used my HT in 11 months. I turned it on last night and heard a humming sound from my DIY subwoofer (I bought second hand from a member 3 years ago) even when it was turned off and there was a faint burning smell. I took out the power supply plate and I noticed one of the 2 big capacitors has a bulge on it. Is that causing the problem and can it be repaired?

Thanks.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: subwoofer repair help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 10:09 PM »
Hi, I haven't used my HT in 11 months. I turned it on last night and heard a humming sound from my DIY subwoofer (I bought second hand from a member 3 years ago) even when it was turned off and there was a faint burning smell. I took out the power supply plate and I noticed one of the 2 big capacitors has a bulge on it. Is that causing the problem and can it be repaired?

Thanks.

it can easily be repaired kung yun lang ang sira.if your handy with the soldering iron kahit ikaw kaya mo palitan yun just buy a replacement capacitor with the same value and observe the polarity,but better kung ipacheck sa qualified technician na lang baka kasi may ibang components ang apektado just to make sure.

Offline joelsoldao

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • "Cute sa picture gwapo sa personal"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: subwoofer repair help
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2013 at 11:56 PM »
Try mo dalhin kay Sir Anthony baka may iba pang sira para macheck rin :)