Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?  (Read 113889 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re:Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?
« Reply #150 on: Jan 26, 2003 at 12:17 PM »
When I first went to Image Harrison, nobody really took the time to entertain me.  They just entertain you if you ask a question to one of their salesmen.  

But when I bought some stuff from them, everytime I go back to their store, they greet me.  Is this true to the other shops? :-\

Offline MeowPao

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Jan 26, 2003 at 02:32 PM »
When I first went to Image Harrison, nobody really took the time to entertain me.  They just entertain you if you ask a question to one of their salesmen.  

But when I bought some stuff from them, everytime I go back to their store, they greet me.  Is this true to the other shops? :-\

Yang sa Image, its really funny talaga... I was expecting them to be one of the more friendlier stores... yun pala mayayabang. So I took my business elsewhere.

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Jan 30, 2003 at 08:35 PM »
Re: No-refund policy of "Listening Room" Megamall.

When my cousin decided to buy his first DVD player, he asked me to recommend a good brand.  Being a Pioneer fan, I recommended the DV 355 or DV 555K, the latest entry-level Pioneer players.  Both are loaded with features, sport a handsome slim-line design, and are backed up by reliable performance and after-sales service.

Cousin says his 355 is working fine so far.

This is EXACTLY why I am recommending the Nextbases and the sub 4k DVD players as long as you buy from reputable stores.  Same banana...long live all these chinese made el cheapo items that perform just as well as their 2-4x price-wise counterpart...

Offline dr_dohh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • you're in deep dohh now...
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Feb 06, 2003 at 07:09 PM »
Ok naman yung mga shops, but many of them are actually pretty nice.  

Fortunately for me, accommodating lahat ng tao sa pinuntahan ko. Electronics Depot people are really nice, good service! Unfortunately, wala lang talaga yung gusto kong particular item sa shop nila. But since he and the rest of the crew are really nice to me (bought cables a couple of times already) I think I'll be spending more pesos in their shop. Great work E-Depot!

Read that Ceratec incident too. pretty harsh nga! Man, my left nut has more personality than that guy! Baka itinayo niya yung store na yon para lang mang-bastos ng kapwa!

Each one of those stores are just out there so the owners can make a living. Can't think of any other reason. but the thing is, if you want someone's money, you gotta give him something other than the product you're selling. basic sales ettiquette and courtesy go a very long way. This is especially true for the HT business. It's not as if high-end audio/video accessories and components are something demanded/needed, but it's something to make life a little easier. What good is it when you endure experiences like that to get there?

BTW, does anyone do acoustic room treatments here in the Philippines? For 2 Channel audio. Thanks!

Offline ariel

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 09:02 AM »
Hi dr_dohh

for your inquiry regarding acoustic treatment, there is a thread just below this one  titled (Listening) Room Improvements or maybe you can look up in the tel. directory under "insulation" and you can find some contractors selling and installing acoustic treatments.

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 04:29 PM »
mr. dohh, regarding the Ceratec 'incident':  there are two sides to every story.  in more than six months of actual, first-hand experiences with the Ceratec store, i can assure you that quality of service is not the issue here.   :)

Offline dr_dohh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • you're in deep dohh now...
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 08:48 PM »
Ariel: Thanks, posted na!

notaku: That's why i plan to go there one of these days to see what all the fuss is about. That way, I can judge for myself. I don't know him, but it seems pretty harsh pa rin e, kahit anong perspective. Though I don't know if I can take that much, baka mapa-iyak niya ako  :'( Sama kasi ng press sa kanya e! you know, if it happens once, it's just an isolated incident, twice, maybe he's on a mean streak. but I've read more than three or four incidents condemning him as a store owner! Not that I don't believe you or anything, but maybe you're one of the lucky ones?

Personally kasi, even if there were rude phone calls or guests in my office, I try to be as diplomatic as possible -even if I want to rip off their heads, put it on a skewer and display it on the front door like a totem pole. Believe me, it happens, but I still keep my cool, thinking that it's not personal. Most, if not all of the time, it really isn't.

Sana lang I (or everyone else for that matter) get the treatment you got from him. seems really nice to you e.

Regarding Image Harrison, everytime I go there walang nagbabantay sa HT room nila e. Kailangan ko pang hintayin bago pumasok. But actually, they were ok once I got hold of em.

Sa fifth avenue rin sa town center, wala ring nagbabantay. I couldve left with a mordaunt short 5.1 and a kenwood receiver with only mall security to deal with! But again, once I got hold of em, they were pretty ok.

But ito napansin ko: People in Bose stores are really nice and they know their stuff. Probably due to the fact that they only sell limited items, and/or mukha namang wala masyadong trabaho. Even if you hate the product that they sell, you have to give them credit for good service.

Offline perds

• Apprentice
  • no pic
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Feb 08, 2003 at 03:35 PM »
I visited Electronics Depot in Festival Mall. The people here are very helpful. They are very attentive to my questions and I'm quite satisfied with their answers. One of the employees there (sorry, I forgot the name) even gave me a quick lecture on bi-wiring and bi-amping.

E.D.  MABUHAY kayo.  :)

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Feb 08, 2003 at 05:01 PM »
dohh:  believe me, luck has nothing to do with it.  if he can tolerate me of all people, he can tolerate anybody-that's why i don't believe it's simply a matter of 'diplomacy'.   ;)

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Feb 08, 2003 at 10:18 PM »
I'm a bit puzzled notaku, about the persistence of your defense of this Ceratec guy.  The guy is obviously an A.H. and I for one would love to have him do to me what he did to our fellow DVD member, Hamann.

And for you to attack Hamann, that is so low.  Makes me think you are Ceratec's relative or something. I think you owe Hamann an apology.  If you can't do that, please do us all (and yourself) a favor and stop overreacting whenever someone says (or even hints) something negative about your man.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Feb 08, 2003 at 11:44 PM »
Guys,

Please stick to the topic and please do your discussions in private.

Levi

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Feb 09, 2003 at 01:19 AM »
sorry for the double-post, mr. mod.  there, i removed it.  

hamann:  i apologize if i offended.  like i said, i'm only making sure that both sides are heard.

stradale:  peace!  you're right, i do owe hamann an apology.  might i now ask you to reconsider your application of the words 'overreacting' and 'low'?  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2003 at 01:20 AM by notaku »

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Feb 09, 2003 at 01:49 AM »
Mighty nice of you to respond that way.  Shows the gentleman that you are.  Thanks.  Peace offering accepted :).  

And yeah, "low" and "overreacting" were a bit too harsh.  Friends then?

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Feb 10, 2003 at 01:49 AM »
of course!  friends lahat dito, di ba?  my only intention is to voice my opinions, nothing else.  :)

-pero gentleman? me? that was too much to hope for!-pero thanks anyway.  ;)

« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2003 at 01:51 AM by notaku »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #164 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 10:02 AM »
Last last sunday i went to different audio video stores at eto lang napansin ko.

Listening Room in Mega mall,

Sa lahat nang napuntahano ko ito ang worst sa lahat. Pag pasok ko sa loob walang pumapansin sa akin maayos naman ang damit ko.. any way im asking for the Marantz SR5300..tanong ko dun sa medyo kalbo  na maputi..na parang yun ata manager dun sagot nya eh "WALA" without even looking at me..so ikot lang ako dun sa store..though merong SR4300 na tumutunog medyo pinaglaruan ko nang konti yung unti..tanong ulit ako "Kelan kayo magkaka stock nang Marantz SR5300?"..sagot nya sa akin "Di pa sure eh" again without even looking at me. Now feeling ko parang di ako welcome sa store. Tanong ulit ako "Pag nagkaroon na kayo nang SR5300 magpapa demo ako ha" sagot nya "Naku hindi namin pinapademo yun..kung gusto mo nun order ka kahit ngayon magiging available yung unit".....bakit naman sila ganun..syempre gusto ko munang i demo yung unit bago ko bilhin...ang gusto nila..kung ipapademo nila sa akin yun eh..bibilhin ko na rin....so after that umalis na lang ako..

Audio Visual at Shangri La

Ito ata yung tapat nang sights and sounds sa shangri la. any way they were the best in entertaining customers kahit alam nilang hindi ka bibili....i ask for the marantz SR5300 and ayun meron sila...sabi ko eh hindi pa naman ako bibili eh..gusto ko lang marinig yung tunog nang marantz..sabi nung manager sa akin wait lang daw ako at isesetup nila kasi ang nakakabit dun sa demo area eh denon3803..so the tech guy quickly get the Marantza SR5300 tapos pinaupo ako dun sa couch..tapos setup ni tech guy yung marantz..ang dami pang kinalas nung tech guy dun sa unang setup na nakakabit..kitang mong pawisan sya sa pagmamadali kasi para bang ayaw nila na naghihintay nang matagal ang costumers..after all the connections where made they gave me the remote nang marantz and also yung sa DVD player and ask me " Sir ano gusto nyong panoodin? Music movies..pili na lang kayo dyan" ang dami kasing DVD's na nakapatong dun sa table eh. Sabi ko na lang eh yung DTS Demo disc na lang....so lagay nila yung Demo disc and play..ayun ayus na ayus..siguro mga 1 hour ako dun na nag dedemo nang marantz..ako na ang nag sawa. Tapos hingi pa nang sorry sa akin yung mga tao dun kasi nga matagal na na setup tapos hindi na i configure nang ayus or na i calibrate nang ayus yung sounds..tapos sabi ko ok lang...sabi ko lang eh sayang hindi ko na experience yung DTS-ES kasi walang nakalagay na rear center....tapos nag sorry ulit kasi hindi pa naikakabit nung tech guy nila yung bracket for the rear center at napagalitan pa nya yung staff nya..

After that sabi ko babalik na lang ako pag nag decide na ako na bibilhin ko..then they say thank u and give me their big smile... ;D
Walang Setup

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 10:58 AM »
Last last sunday i went to different audio video stores at eto lang napansin ko.

Listening Room in Mega mall,

Sa lahat nang napuntahano ko ito ang worst sa lahat. Pag pasok ko sa loob walang pumapansin sa akin maayos naman ang damit ko.. any way im asking for the Marantz SR5300..tanong ko dun sa medyo kalbo  na maputi..na parang yun ata manager dun sagot nya eh "WALA" without even looking at me..so ikot lang ako dun sa store..though merong SR4300 na tumutunog medyo pinaglaruan ko nang konti yung unti..tanong ulit ako "Kelan kayo magkaka stock nang Marantz SR5300?"..sagot nya sa akin "Di pa sure eh" again without even looking at me. Now feeling ko parang di ako welcome sa store. Tanong ulit ako "Pag nagkaroon na kayo nang SR5300 magpapa demo ako ha" sagot nya "Naku hindi namin pinapademo yun..kung gusto mo nun order ka kahit ngayon magiging available yung unit".....bakit naman sila ganun..syempre gusto ko munang i demo yung unit bago ko bilhin...ang gusto nila..kung ipapademo nila sa akin yun eh..bibilhin ko na rin....so after that umalis na lang ako..

Audio Visual at Shangri La

Ito ata yung tapat nang sights and sounds sa shangri la. any way they were the best in entertaining customers kahit alam nilang hindi ka bibili....i ask for the marantz SR5300 and ayun meron sila...sabi ko eh hindi pa naman ako bibili eh..gusto ko lang marinig yung tunog nang marantz..sabi nung manager sa akin wait lang daw ako at isesetup nila kasi ang nakakabit dun sa demo area eh denon3803..so the tech guy quickly get the Marantza SR5300 tapos pinaupo ako dun sa couch..tapos setup ni tech guy yung marantz..ang dami pang kinalas nung tech guy dun sa unang setup na nakakabit..kitang mong pawisan sya sa pagmamadali kasi para bang ayaw nila na naghihintay nang matagal ang costumers..after all the connections where made they gave me the remote nang marantz and also yung sa DVD player and ask me " Sir ano gusto nyong panoodin? Music movies..pili na lang kayo dyan" ang dami kasing DVD's na nakapatong dun sa table eh. Sabi ko na lang eh yung DTS Demo disc na lang....so lagay nila yung Demo disc and play..ayun ayus na ayus..siguro mga 1 hour ako dun na nag dedemo nang marantz..ako na ang nag sawa. Tapos hingi pa nang sorry sa akin yung mga tao dun kasi nga matagal na na setup tapos hindi na i configure nang ayus or na i calibrate nang ayus yung sounds..tapos sabi ko ok lang...sabi ko lang eh sayang hindi ko na experience yung DTS-ES kasi walang nakalagay na rear center....tapos nag sorry ulit kasi hindi pa naikakabit nung tech guy nila yung bracket for the rear center at napagalitan pa nya yung staff nya..

After that sabi ko babalik na lang ako pag nag decide na ako na bibilhin ko..then they say thank u and give me their big smile... ;D

Having said all that, when the time comes to buy, would you go for the store with the cheapest price or the one who entertained you well?  Listening Room in Megamall is really not known to have good PR, especially the guy you talked to.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a computer game while talking to you.  He has done that.   ;D

If you chose the cheapest route, then that would justify his actuations. Don't you think?  Just a thought.

voj

Offline enygma

• Collector
  • hirameki!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #166 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 11:28 AM »
Having said all that, when the time comes to buy, would you go for the store with the cheapest price or the one who entertained you well?  Listening Room in Megamall is really not known to have good PR, especially the guy you talked to.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing a computer game while talking to you.  He has done that.   ;D

If you chose the cheapest route, then that would justify his actuations. Don't you think?  Just a thought.

voj

for me, pipiliin ko iyung the one who entertained me well. walang problema sa akin kung mas mataas ng konti iyung pagbibilhan ko kesa naman bibili ako don sa store na di ako inentertain mabuti dahil mas mura siya. bebentahan nga nila ako ng mura pero parang lumalabas na utang na loob ko pa sa kanila iyon. i've been into listening room at doon ko binili iyung receiver, dvd player and subwoofer ko before. but napansin ko na nitong huli na parang may nagbago sa kanila and tama iyung comment ni courage na kapag pumasok ka sa store nila, di ka nila papansinin unless di ka maunang magsasalita. i decided na di na rin bumili o pumasyal doon para tumingin ng bagong products. so nowna maguupgrade na ako wala sa list nila iyung pinuntahan ko aside from the fact na di naman sila nagtitinda ng harman which i prefer to buy. although, merong malapit sa amin na nagtitinda ng harman, i prefer to buy the hk5500 from architectural audio because they have good customer service. na kahit wala kang balak na bumili sa kanila, they would entertain you well. worth it na bumili sa kanila!!!  :D

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #167 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 11:36 AM »
Same observation with courage sa listening room megamall..although dun ko nabili yung set up ko na yammie...yun lang kasi ang alam ko na nag bebenta ng mga audio and video products beside sa Mga appliance centers sa malls.Di pa kasi ako member dito nung bumili ako eh..anyway now that i will be upgrading at least alam ko na kung saan saan ako pwede mag pa audition.And yes the way the store treats its customer ang basis ko where to buy lalo na pag di masyado malaki ang difference sa pricing

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 02:58 PM »
Para sa akin hindi rin ako bibili dun kahit mas mura..although mas mahal nga dun sa Audio Visual sa Shangri la..kung papipiliin ako kung saan ako bibili eh dun na ako sa Audio Visual..feeling mo kasi pag andun ka eh welkam na welkam ka kahit natingin ka lang at walang planong bumili..tipong hindi ka mahihiyang mag request for auditioning  nang kahit na anong equipment... dun sa listening eh habang nagtatanong ako dun sa manager feeling ko eh parang naiistorbo ko sya dun sa ginagawa nya..dahil ni hindi man lang nag smile...sabi nga nung barkada ko after namin sa Audio visual ang babait daw nung mga tao dun kasi asikasong asikaso kami tapos sabi nya..yung pinuntahan daw namin kanina eh parang walang paki alam(sa listening).. >:(

Para sa akin kasi..kahit mas mura ka pa tapos hindi ka naman marunong mag entertain eh hindi ako sa iyo bibili....dun ako sa eentertain ako..kahit mas mahal pa.. :)
Walang Setup

Offline arnoldc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 03:50 PM »
also consider after sales. kung nung bibili ka hindi ka na pinapansin, yung pagkabili mo pa kaya?

i will second architectural audio for the nth time, i still get support from them after everything.

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 04:09 PM »
I've seen that 'medyo kalbo' guy myself and yes he is kinda aloof and indifferent to people who browse around his store.  Unfortunately, he typifies the average high-end-audio-store salesperson in Manila.

That is why it is such a delight to encounter people like Ferdie Ludo, Rene Rivo, Wilfred Lim, or Sonny Tuazon who understand where most of their customers are coming from:  Middle class folks digging deep with a degree of guilt into their pockets to indulge in a passion that they could hardly afford.

I'm willing to bet that the bulk of sales generated by these stores come from the middle calss sector.  The problem with 'kalbs' and his ilk is they raise their noses on middle class guys interested in high end gear.  I don't know about you guys but I'd take my middle class ass (and my hard earned cash) somewhere else.  

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 04:15 PM »
I've seen that 'medyo kalbo' guy myself and yes he is kinda aloof and indifferent to people who browse around his store.  Unfortunately, he typifies the average high-end-audio-store salesperson in Manila.

That is why it is such a delight to encounter people like Ferdie Ludo, Rene Rivo, Wilfred Lim, or Sonny Tuazon who understand where most of their customers are coming from:  Middle class folks digging deep with a degree of guilt into their pockets to indulge in a passion that they could hardly afford.

I'm willing to bet that the bulk of sales generated by these stores come from the middle calss sector.  The problem with 'kalbs' and his ilk is they raise their noses on middle class guys interested in high end gear.  I don't know about you guys but I'd take my middle class ass (and my hard earned cash) somewhere else.  

Amen bro ehehehehe
Walang Setup

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #172 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 07:35 AM »
To Nico of Architectural Audio Thanks man...your the best...went there yesterday and auditioned HK and Denon...they are really very accomodating,Nice place,Nice people..more power architectural audio..I highly recommend their store.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 08:22 AM »

yup.  mr rene (hyper), mr sonny (ST) plus the guys at architectural audio (nico/epoy) are really great bunch of guys who really knows how to handle their customers & would-be customers well.  ;)
sana owners & staff of other HT shops would follow their lead.  8)

cheers.............

bladE. 8)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #174 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 10:46 AM »
I AGREE! ;D

sonny, rene, nico and epoy are great people to deal with...and they are very friendly also... ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline caycski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 12:38 PM »
I used to buy HT items at Listening Room (Mega), the Owner/Manager is really just like that. It seems PR is not part of his vocabulary. Having witnessed and experienced such "cold" treatment from this guy (though we spend quite a fortune on their store), I just deal with his subordinates and get on with our respective lives. Just ignore him if you think he's ignoring you or better yet go to Audio Visual driver or Architectural Audio for your HT needs especially if you have the spare bucks.

We cannot please everybody and if that happens, don't let it ruin your day. Cheers!!!

caycski  

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 01:01 PM »
just like to share my experience with one of the stores in shangri-la.

visited this shop to canvass for inexpensive all-in-one packages. while i was looking around, nobody cared to assist me, even though it was obvious that i was looking for something. when i found what i was looking for, i had to call the attention of the sales folk.

i asked if they have availabe stocks and the guy answered negative in a lazy monotone. so i asked if i could audition it. his reply: "it sounds the same as the one playing now" or something like that. it that was not enough, he had this irritated look on his face while maintaining his lazy monotone.

like many of the people here, i put a premium on customer satisfaction, which is not limited to the quality of the products sold. it's also how you deal with the customer.

with the treatment i got from that store, i decided to take my business  to another establishment.

:)
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2003 at 01:04 PM by onedown »
peace man!

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 01:55 PM »
I'd like to think that owners of Philippine audio stores are audiophiles first, businessmen second, kasi what kind of objective businessman would bother staking capital catering to what is effectively a rich man's hobby in a third world country?  

I'm not sure whether it's yung pagtitinda ko ng tsinelas sa lumang palengke ng Kalentong (until it was burned down 10 years ago), or my stint patrolling the lanes for a pretentiously 'upscale' department store, - that's inured me against the keeping up of appearances that I'm sure others would already consider as more than mere arrogance, ...but whenever I've found myself in a 'horror story' moment I've tried to give the person in the store the BOTD (which is a ridiculous thing to hear coming from a guy who's not even 'middle-class', try 'no-class') -

- especially when it comes to audio store owners, the ones who are audiophiles at least, kasi what is an audiophile but a cranky, opinionated fetishist who actually insists that he hears things that others can't? - now imagine an OLD audiophile, who's further compounded his obsession by turning it into a business!

Sure, I've met with the same kind of 'horror stories' listed here, but these guys, just like this 'hobby', deserve patience:  I've never regretted giving them a second chance.

BUT...while I'll be the last person to agree that 'the customer is always right' (it's a rule of selling, not a moral one), that doesn't mean I don't make exceptions:  there is ONE place, I think it's not really an audiophile's place but a franchise...a franchise of Hell.  All the second, third, and fourth chances in the world have amounted to exactly zero satisfaction here; heck, not even a simple courtesy like, say, walking out the door na walang pabaon na insulto!  Thank God I've never heard the name of that store mentioned here... >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2003 at 02:01 PM by notaku »

Offline enygma

• Collector
  • hirameki!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #178 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 02:38 PM »
since we're talking about audio/video shops, bakit di na lang tayo gumawa ng lists ng mga recommended shops na pwedeng puntahan ng mga audiophile na tulad natin where we can get good customer service? i think merong mga tao ang nadiscourage ng magtanong o pumunta ulit sa iba pang stores because of sad experiences na dulot ng mga nababasa natin dito. ang mas apektado dito ay yung mga beginners pa lang wherein sa unang pasok pa lang sa mga stores na ito, naexperience kaagad nila ang mabigyan ng bad treatment. baka kasi isipin nila na lahat ng shops ay ganito. so ang nangyayari tuloy bibili na lang sila sa mga appliance stores sa mga malls ng component o home theater in a box  kaysa naman bumili sila ng one by one (from receiver to speakerto dvd player) sa shops na di marunong magpahalaga sa kanilang mga customers to be (sasama lang ang loob nila dito). i think may bad mentality rin iyung ibang may-ari ng stores na ito kasi iniisip nila na babalik din iyung mga customers na sinalbahe nila dahil sila lang ang merong product na hinahanap ng mga ito. or since established na sila at may mga regular customers na sila esp from the high class kaya tipong nagmamalaki na sila. na di kawalan sa kanila ang mawalan ng customers which they think di naman sila makikinabang. :(

Offline aris m.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 11:23 AM »
share ko lang story ko w/ that kalbo guy.
I know that kalbo guy in listening room mega mall. I think his name is Ronald he's the owner of listening room and Golden Sound in greenhills where we've met 6 years ago for my car audio set-up. he was friendly that time co'z I let them handle the whole setup of my van from gears up to the wood works and intallation. it cost me about P140K for the whole setup. we became friends and we even won 3rd place in the sound off. after 5 yrs, i went to listening room to check out some HT stuff he was there and i think he doesn't remember me anymore. he didn't even entertain me. bakit kaya ganun diba kahit di mo matandaan pangalan kun naging friends kayo B4 kahit pano magbabatian kayo? para lang nakita mo yun classmate mo nun high school di ba? siguro I should purchase a whole HT setup para friends ulit. hmmmmp! a**hole talaga!