Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?  (Read 112272 times)

Offline vacuumtubes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smile!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Are your Thoughts on Phlippine Audio Stor
« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2001 at 07:14 PM »
pioneer,

store name = SOUND DIMENSION
ask for = EDWIN
telephone # = 894-2388
location = PARK SQUARE 1, Ayala Center,Makati City

okey ba brother complete na yan ha, hehehe.

vax
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2001 at 07:35 PM »
vax,
si boss nasa likod mo he he he ;)

Offline dvdfan

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2001 at 09:34 AM »

Manila:

I think some of your comments are not as everyone experienced their Audio Stores.

1. Listening Room

JR is great, very friendly accomodating and knows his stuff. He maintains several stores already and I believe his staff and relatives can handle sales and inquiries even without him.

2. AVDI

Wilfred is very professional but I agree that their products are expensive. Their service is great and you have to remember... you get what you pay for. Good service ain't free.

3. Electronics depot

Been there so many times to for DVDs and their staff seem courteous and accomodating. Read a lot about their good service in this thread.

Been impressed with their setup of the OM5 as well as compared Yamaha and Denon at the switch of a button. The best demo room to audition AVRs and matching with speakers. Their matrix switchers are the same as circuit city and good guys.

HAve talked to the owners and they seem to know their stuff.  Their knowledge on acoustics were explained to me in detail like flutter echoes, standing waves, room modes, pressure waves, etc.. explained to me in lay man terms and not marketing stuff. explain the relation of wavelength and frequency, etc... Explained why subwoofers are louder in the corner by 6dB due to loudspeaker diffraction. Some just say that putting subs will be louder but can not explain why.

They even showed me a software worth USD $10K they use for acoustic and sound system design called EASE (Electro-Acoustic Simulator for Engineers). I was impressed with the graphic display and was stunned when they gave me a headphones and listened to how your room will sound in the design stage.

4. DCM

The owners see probably more than 10 faces a day and you can not blame them for not remembering everyone.

location is relative. If you live in QC, cubao should be okay where makati can be far.

thanks!

Offline manila

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 09:00 AM »

Manila:

I think some of your comments are not as everyone experienced their Audio Stores.

1. Listening Room

JR is great, very friendly accomodating and knows his stuff. He maintains several stores already and I believe his staff and relatives can handle sales and inquiries even without him.

2. AVDI

Wilfred is very professional but I agree that their products are expensive. Their service is great and you have to remember... you get what you pay for. Good service ain't free.

3. Electronics depot

Been there so many times to for DVDs and their staff seem courteous and accomodating. Read a lot about their good service in this thread.

Been impressed with their setup of the OM5 as well as compared Yamaha and Denon at the switch of a button. The best demo room to audition AVRs and matching with speakers. Their matrix switchers are the same as circuit city and good guys.

HAve talked to the owners and they seem to know their stuff.  Their knowledge on acoustics were explained to me in detail like flutter echoes, standing waves, room modes, pressure waves, etc.. explained to me in lay man terms and not marketing stuff. explain the relation of wavelength and frequency, etc... Explained why subwoofers are louder in the corner by 6dB due to loudspeaker diffraction. Some just say that putting subs will be louder but can not explain why.

They even showed me a software worth USD $10K they use for acoustic and sound system design called EASE (Electro-Acoustic Simulator for Engineers). I was impressed with the graphic display and was stunned when they gave me a headphones and listened to how your room will sound in the design stage.

4. DCM

The owners see probably more than 10 faces a day and you can not blame them for not remembering everyone.

location is relative. If you live in QC, cubao should be okay where makati can be far.

thanks!

DVDFAN : I hope you read my message correctly and was my own opinion only and nobody else's.  :D

For your first topic : LISTENING IN STYLE
-JR is good I know and I never said he isn't. I just said that his staff aren't. Try calling now and ask for the price of an Air Tight ATM-3 without JR. Or say if they have a stock on Transparent Audio Wave Super. Or maybe ask them what model Jadis preamplifier they  have on their shelf for months. See for yourself what I mean. If you aren't sure what I am talking about that is fine because your are not selling them they do and they don't have a clue only JR does!

For your second issue : AVDI
-I said Wilfred is awesome didn't I? I am not asking for a service that is free, I mentioned that their pricing is US RRP x50 and that is your buy price! Check it out, that is a fact and I am not making a mockery of myself eventhough that is how you believe it may be.

For your third issue : Electronics Depot
-It's good that you had a good demo. I must admit that their switchboard is a plus though it added noise into their receivers then we were demoing, we can hear slight clutter from the Mirage's and thought it was the Denon that was clipping. They couldn't fix the distortion and we left wondering if the Mirage's were good. They may have fixed that now and that is good but from my experience it was bad and other audio retailers like AVDI and Listening in Style would have better setups!
-Oh yeah that USD$10k EASE software? My advice is for Electronics Depot to use line conditioners instead of power extensions and better quality interconnects than cheapy ones. This will improve the sound of their equipment rather than spending on the EASE software. How can you "really" hear your actual room acoustics through the headphone? We being realistic here?  :D

For your fourth issue : DCM
-I can see that you are my antagonist huh?  :D
-Let me see you prefer DCM's spot in the middle of Cubao rather than Upscale Audio in Megamall, Listening in Style and AVDI at the Shang or Electronics Depot in Libis? You prefer Cubao?  :D

No hard feelings DVDFan! Just some thoughts! :D

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 09:35 AM »

I HOPE ONE DAY WE CAN HAVE STORES LIKE SOUND BY SINGER IN THE US WHERE HI-END COMPONENTS ARE CARRIED BY KNOWLDGEABLE STAFF AND VERY GOOD AFTER SALES SERVICE TO BOOT! IF THAT HAPPENS, THEN I BELIEVE THAT ALL THE MARK LEVINSON'S, KRELL'S AND AIR TIGHT'S CUSTOMERS IN THE PHILIPPINES GOT THEIR MONEY'S WORTH!

I've had some experience in selling audio/video equipment before and believe me not all our sales staff are knowledgeable.
pero ang maganda dito sa states is that companies will spend money to get you trained. i've been sent to different convention/companies for product training (i.e. bose system, rca, pioneer etc.). ang maganda panga noon is that they will even let you borrow their equipment (to take home for a week) para you would have a more hands on experience and knowledge of their product. and the best benefit noon was they give special discounted prices for employees...the reason behind this..is
if you’re using their product, then it is easier for you to sell them.
so maybe if the owners would devote a training time like an hour or so everyday to their sales staff, then we would have better experience in their stores.

my 2 cents
bently
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 21, 2001 at 03:23 AM »
I think most of you have already covered the major audio stores.  I agree to most of your comments.  rtsy did mention about an audio store in Makati Cinema Square and I think no one has mentioned it yet.

SENSIBLE AUDIO - this store is located at the basement of MSC, near the gun shops.  Store basically sells second hand goodies (very few brand new stuff), mostly 2 channel stereo stuff.  Very few HT stuff though.  You can find old school tube amps and pre-amps which were the rave 10 or 15 years ago at bargain prices.

Not all the goodies bieng sold by the owner is in the store.  Other second hand gems or "hidden wealth" are at the owner's home for better auditioning.  The store is so small that there is no room for a descent audition.

The owner is a true blue audiophile since way back.  I have known this person for about 15 years.  He is very knowledgeable about hi-end audio.  Problem is most of the time, he is not in the store.  Only his "katiwala" is there. This "katiwala" is not that knowledgeable about hi-end or HT.  The owner usually goes there after office hours.  

Offline vacuumtubes

• DVD Guru
  • Smile!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2001 at 08:23 PM »
M_Shoe_Maker,

yun bang store na malapit sa nagbebenta ng mga long playing  or plaka yung sinasabi mo?

thanx,

vax

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2001 at 08:41 PM »
vacuumtubes,

Yep, that's it.  If you don't see anything that interests you in the store, try going there at around 7:00 pm in order for you to meet and talk to the owner personally.  He is a cool guy, and he has more cool and hot (vacuum tubes)stuff at home.

rtsy

« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2001 at 07:09 PM »
SENSIBLE AUDIO - this store is located at the basement of MSC, near the gun shops.

Thing is, whenever I pass this store, it's always closed.  What are this store's operating hours?  Till what time is the owner there?

I'm starting to save up for a tube integratd to go with my Concertinos.

Thanks!

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 22, 2001 at 08:29 PM »
As per Makati Cinema Square rules, stores must be open from 11:00 a.m. up to 8:00 p.m.  In reality, MSC, unlike SM and other malls, is not strict on this policy.  As to SENSIBLE AUDIO, this is their schedule:

"Katiwala" named Raul opens the store at 11:00 am to 11:30 am from Monday to Saturday.  Raul normaly closes shop (lights still open) during lunch time. Raul's unofficial lunch-break varies, sometimes 12:00 to 2:00 (buti pa siya - free working hours).  Lito, the owner takes over after office hours.  This is around 6:30 pm.  He is there normally up to 8:00 pm.  During Sundays, Lito goes to the shop at 11:00 am, opens the lights, then locks the door, then goes home. (para mukang bukas ang store - to prevent MCS imposing a fine on his store).  Unless someone has an appointment with Lito to audition, pick up some stuff, Lito will not stay in the store during Sundays.  He just comes back to the store at around 7:30 pm to close the lights and officially close shop.

If you are going there, it is advisable to call-up Raul and say you are coming at this time in order for him not to take an early or long lunch.  Remember, Raul is not that knowledgable about hi-end or HT.  In addition, you really cannot bargain with this guy.

It is advisable to talk to Lito and ask what you want.  He may have it in his home.  You can also bargain and trade-in (if he likes your unit) some stuff.  BTW, this guy is the exclusive distributor of those great Audio Research Tube Amps in the country.  He has a relatively big inventory of 2nd hand Audio Research stuff, some selling at bargain prices.  These were the old units his clients had which were eventually traded in for newer models.  

Offline Garuda

• Collector
  • You give love a bad name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2002 at 04:14 AM »
Hey guys. Did you know that the owners of Listening Room, Listening in Style, and Sounds and Sights are all related. Siblings, I think. The business runs in the family, huh!  :)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2002 at 05:32 AM »
I think even the Golden sound store in Virra Mall is owned by the same group. This is the website of Listening in style.

http://avcorner.com/

rtsy

« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2002 at 01:02 AM »

Hey guys. Did you know that the owners of Listening Room, Listening in Style, and Sounds and Sights are all related. Siblings, I think. The business runs in the family, huh!  :)

Are you sure Sights & Sounds and the Listening chain are owned by the same family?  If they are, they certainly give gravely different service.  I've thrown quite a bit of business JR's way because of this.

In fairness, Jun at Sights & Sounds if fairly knoweldgeable and gives decent prices.  Problem is when issues crop up that require the resolution of people above Jun.  That's when it gets unpleasant.  My father-in-law bought a grey-market 29" Wega that conked out with limited use after less than 3 months.  S&S passed us around for service.  When they finally picked up the unit, it took them 2 months to repair!

M_Shoe_Maker,

Can you give us an idea how much those bagsin Audio Research stuff are at Sensible Sound?  How's after sales support?  Thanks!

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2002 at 02:57 AM »
rtsy,

The smallest Audio Research Amp the owner is selling right now is a D70.  This amp is rated 30 watts per channel and came out during the mid 80s.  It is pure tube.  It is selling for P35T.  

If you want more power, there is also a D150, a 150 watt per channel beast weighing approximately 100 pounds!  If I am not mistaken, this was ARC's top of the line model during the late 70s.  I think this one is selling for P95T.

If you want one of the best sounding ARCs not to mention one of the most sought after classic tube amps ever, this one is for you.  A D79 power amp.  This amp is rated 75 watts per channel and was considered to be one of the best sounding amplifiers during its time.  Up to now, audiophiles as well as tube amp collectors are interested in this particular model. I think the owner is selling this for US2,000.  The owner plans to sell this through EBay, but if someone is willing to pay $$$$$, he is open to a local sale.

Aside from what I have mentioned, there are other second hand ARCs available.

As far as after sales service is concerned, the owner has a technician who is well versed with ARC electronics.  For busted parts, the owner can order parts directly from ARC.  One thing nice about ARC is that in its 30 years of existence, parts from their out-of-production models are still available.  If not exactly the same, ARC has substitute parts even for its 25 year old amps.

BTW, I am selling a McIntosh MC240 power amp, circa 60s, never been modified or upgraded.  Its in the "Assorted Buy and Sell" Section if you are interested.

Offline manila

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2002 at 05:11 AM »

SENSIBLE AUDIO - this store is located at the basement of MSC, near the gun shops.

Thing is, whenever I pass this store, it's always closed.  What are this store's operating hours?  Till what time is the owner there?

I'm starting to save up for a tube integratd to go with my Concertinos.

Thanks!

Im selling a Dynaco ST70 (35wx2) integrated amp for P25k. It uses an Audio Note preamp which is also tube so it is a full tube integrated! I personally use SF Tino as well and I can assure you it is matched well with the tino's. Im using Van Den Hull THE WIND cables with it. You may be interested for an audition. Just PM me.

rtsy

« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2002 at 11:32 PM »

The smallest Audio Research Amp the owner is selling right now is a D70.  This amp is rated 30 watts per channel and came out during the mid 80s.  It is pure tube.  It is selling for P35T.

If you want more power, there is also a D150, a 150 watt per channel beast weighing approximately 100 pounds!  If I am not mistaken, this was ARC's top of the line model during the late 70s.  I think this one is selling for P95T.

If you want one of the best sounding ARCs not to mention one of the most sought after classic tube amps ever, this one is for you.  A D79 power amp.  This amp is rated 75 watts per channel and was considered to be one of the best sounding amplifiers during its time.  Up to now, audiophiles as well as tube amp collectors are interested in this particular model. I think the owner is selling this for US2,000.  The owner plans to sell this through EBay, but if someone is willing to pay $$$$$, he is open to a local sale.

Aside from what I have mentioned, there are other second hand ARCs available.

As far as after sales service is concerned, the owner has a technician who is well versed with ARC electronics.  For busted parts, the owner can order parts directly from ARC.  One thing nice about ARC is that in its 30 years of existence, parts from their out-of-production models are still available.  If not exactly the same, ARC has substitute parts even for its 25 year old amps.

BTW, I am selling a McIntosh MC240 power amp, circa 60s, never been modified or upgraded.  Its in the "Assorted Buy and Sell" Section if you are interested.

Wow, those US$2k are way out of my league for now.  But it would be interesting to hear them so I get inspired to save up.

Do you know where I can find objective reviews of the models you mentioned, especially the old, out of production models?

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2002 at 07:28 PM »
rtsy,

I'm pretty much sure both Streophile and The Absolute Sound had reviews of both the D150 and D79 models.  These 2 magazines were the ones raving about these 2 amps.  Not sure though what issues/dates they were.  These were mid 70s equipment.

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:Your Thoughts on Philippine Audio Stores?
« Reply #47 on: Apr 23, 2002 at 11:08 PM »
bump!  :)
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline Mc

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Apr 24, 2002 at 12:51 AM »
It was a pleasure to drop by and audition JBL speakers (they also carry Infinity speaks and H/K recvrs) at Architectural Audio at New World Hotel; very accomodating and knowledgable staff. They will gladly setup any speakers you want to hear and at any position you want to hear it from, or at speaker placements you want. Their audition-room is made up to be an average living room with no special acoustics treatments, etc. This is actually a good thing because many of us will setup the speakers we buy in regular rooms, so when you listen to their speakers at Architectural, you're hearing the speakers' normal everyday performace in a normal room. Needless to say, if you set up the speakers you buy in an acoustically sound room, then the speakers will perform even better in your home.

It will also be nice though if they also set-up an acoustically "ideal" room to hear the speakers optimum performance, too ;)

They are definitely recommended if you're looking for JBLs, Infinity and HK receivers; and I think I'll be getting my audio gear from them :)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2002 at 12:54 AM by Mc »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 12:34 AM »
Reposting

After my short visit to Home Theater where i was privileged to listen to the Mission 773 and M72, I went to Upscale Audio at Park Square, also in Makati.

I was looking for Dominic because he was mentioned on PinoyDVD and I had a chat with him yesterday.  He was on leave and I ended up talking to a "person" who does not know what customer service is.  First and foremost, as I was asking about the models that I am interested with, he continues to put in some folded cardboard under one of the speaker stands.  The AE models I was looking for were not available, and as I continue to ask about other AE bookshelf models, he told me "ibang brand na lang." (look for other brands) and so I did ask about the other brands. And as I ask, I have this feeling that he does not want to talk to me because I'm probably not in suit, and I look like one who cannot afford to buy an Acoustic Energy, much less the other speakers like "en-kor" (referring to Energy Encore).  I opened up my notebook where I have my list of floor standing models and as I ask about the AE309 and the other AE floor standing models, he has the intelligence to snap at me and said, "iba kasi yang tinuturo mo eh!" (you are pointing at a different model) without him even looking at what I am looking at and pointing at.  At this point in time, I lost all the patience I have for this person, and I shouted back to him that he is mishandling a customer.  As I ask for his name, where the only murmurs I got from people there is 'Den', I also asked for the person in charge which himself didn't care, won't give the name of the offending "person" and when I told him I will publish my experience with them, just "nodded." Yeah! They're proud of what they are, and how they treat people!

Upscale Audio - where you will be ignored, and be treated as an annoyance, and not worthy to look at their products.  I can just imagine what if I asked them to play my samples!

Clap, clap, clap!

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 01:17 AM »
Reposting

Got the same crapty experience with upscale audio too... During my first visit I talked with a really nice sales person.  After watching a movie and thinking about the speakers that I heard I went back in there to only have a crapty salesperson to talk back to me.

crap!  All you said man was right on the money!  Walang ganang makipag usap pati walang knowledge ng products.  Nung nag pa audition ako eh naka simangot pa si idiot.   Sobrang nawalan ako ng gana kaya di na ako bumalik dun.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 01:18 AM »
Reposting

And as I ask, I have this feeling that he does not want to talk to me because I'm probably not in suit, and I look like one who cannot afford to buy an Acoustic Energy, much less the other speakers like "en-kor" (referring to Energy Encore

I had several experience like this when I was shopping for my home theater system last year.I always like to wear maong shorts and t-shirts.My GF hates me when I where that, it looks untidy daw but hey only us guys can relate huh? ;D Well I would say 90% of the time the sales people would not even entertain me properly especially those in Shangrila Mall particularly listening room.In this case in listening room the sales people were watching something on TV and they wouldn't even get up to talk to me.But then I got to this store in Shang named Audio Visual Driver , they have this salesrep named Sam (girl) who was very accomodating even though I dressed kind of ordinary. She even offered to test whatever speaker I want. The main thing is she approached as soon as I entered and even though someone else came in with a better looking attire she continued to talk to me.She had a good sales pitch and she would ask your budget so she would know what models to show to you, unlike the other stores that don't really care. I was not even set to buy that day and I told her but she went on to demo the AVR and the speakers. After that I canvassed the price in some other snotty store and called Sam up and see if she could match the price. She called me up after to give me the best price they could and even if it is a bit more expensive I ended up buying from them a 70k home theater system.

Bottom line, who wants to buy from someone who looks down on you and judge you with how you look.Even if it's cheaper I wouldn't go back to that store. Man if they think I'm small fry their stupid.Get 5 guys like me then the sales would have been near equal to 1 high end system compared to not selling even 1.These people seem not to like their job, its a free country leave and find another.Dumbass!

Another good and accomodating store is Premier Sights and Sound in Makati in Park Square if I remember right.Bought my DVD player naman there.Price is not everything, PR also helps the sale.
Elf 8)
Bad moments while purchasing in a retail store

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 01:19 AM »
Reposting

Ahem... this happened to me earlier when I bought my Sony RPTV and at that time they were selling at Php 99,999.00

Anyway, I think it was around December then and I was just wearing walking shorts, driving shoes and plain tshirt (plus a backpack that contains the money in cold cash) when I checked at AVID UN Avenue. Guess what, nobody wanted to attend to me... there was even one guy who ignored me and attended to better dressed customers who were looking at a smaller priced item... so what ended up the impasse was when I approached the supervisor and ask the question, "if I buy that RPTV now, can you deliver within an hour to my place?"

Man, you could see the guy's jaw dropped when I told the supervisor that I am going to "test drive" it and if they can deliver within an hour I can pay in cash....

well.... sometimes you think about it and then you wonder how these guys treat there customers....

what an experience i tell you... but sweet redemption when I look back getting back through the supervisor then...

-jackryan 8)

Offline luther

• Collector
  • protegetech.org rav4world.com tsikot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 08:28 AM »
HYPERAUDIO

Location is not so good but he is really accomodating and his products are great and is reasonably priced.  No sales pressure.  Will definitely buy from him.

ARCHITECTURAL AUDIO

Really nice location!  Very friendly and accomodating.  A wide variety of stuff is in there. No sales pressure, they even said that I could inform them if I have ever purchased another product!  Will definitely buy from them.

ELECTRONICS DEPOT LIBIS

Really great location and great room setups.  The staff is OK.  The speaker and receiver selection is not so good though.  A bit overpriced too.  I might come back for their DVDs though.

UPSCALE AUDIO MEGAMALL

Went in there and a guy hesitantly comes out from the listening room (he was chatting with some other guys there).  Answers my queries in a yes or no manner.  Wouldn't be going there again.

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 04:40 PM »
Regarding hyperaudio's location, here is a tip.  If there are cars already parked in front of his shop (his L300 and other visitors), you can park at Cash and Carry for free.  Its just a block away from "The place where Vacuum Tubes are born". ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2002 at 04:42 PM by M_Shoe_Maker »

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 05:05 PM »
Here are my experiences with regards to stores that sell A/V gear:

AMBASSADOR (Shangrila) ***
No demo room but try haggling with the 'owner'... he gives great prices and is quite funny with his sales talk.  :)

LISTENING IN STYLE (Shangrila) ***
The staff are ok, but its a good thing I was able to talk to their boss (JR). I was able to demo some stuff for around 2 hours 2-3 times. :)
They sent me a used pair of speakers (probably by mistake), and when I called up JR, he immediately scheduled it for replacement THE NEXT DAY before lunchtime. Now that is what I call customer service!  :) :) :)

AMBASSADOR (Virra Mall)
Full of B.S. characters. WILL NEVER RETURN to that place. If you want to have your day ruined try going there and ask some questions.  >:(

LISTENING ROOM
Ok ang staff, but they could do better. They only noticed me when I asked some questions, but then, they were always quite busy and the small area is always full of people.

UPSCALE AUDIO (MEGA)
The guy here is accomodating enough, but I didn't ask too much since they don't carry what I want. :)

UPSCALE AUDIO (PARK SQUARE)
So-so ang staff, but the guys I talked to are always ok (lucky me!)

THE HOME THEATER / SOUND AND CINEMA ***
Mr. Sonny is one of the best persons to talk to before buying an HT. The place to go for newbies who are seriously considering a new setup. :)

AUDIO DEN (ARANETA)
Ok ang boss dito (Mr. Eric Lim), nice guy to talk to, and he let me demo a set of Paradigms for a few hours. He carries a lot of high-end stuff too.

SIGHTS AND SOUNDS (PARK SQUARE)
So far ok ang staff, gave me answers asap. :)

ARCHITECTURAL AUDIO (NEW WORLD HOTEL)
Finally met the guys behind the store! :) Nice to talk to and very accomodating. If you are looking for Haraman/JBL/Infinity stuff, this is the place to go. Pwedeng gawing tambayan pa ang store (yata!).  ;D

IMAGE VIDEO (HARRISON PLAZA)
Of all the places to meet lousy sales people... I was expecting them over at the high end a/v stores, but lo and behold! I met them right here! Hmm...their prices are quite reasonable though. You get what you pay for!  :(

FOCAL (GHILLS)
The people here are accomodating too.

A/V DRIVER (SHANGRILA)
Nice staff, always on their toes, like they were expecting me to ask something... :) Ahh...one more thing, I still have to see one of their staff na nakasimangot... hehe...  :)

____

*** purchased stuff from them :)
____

The bottom line: if you want to buy something over at these stores, show them that you are dead serious in 'investing' your hard earned money in their equipment. In my case, if I am just looking around, I'll immediately say so, para the sales person can do something else. :) Pero if I want to buy something, I get right to the point. Pag mukhang pa-patay-patay ang sales, then OUT I GO, never to come back! hehe..  :)

Also, if possible, try talking to the owner / boss of the store. They are usually more accomodating and will give you bigger discounts. :)

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 05:16 PM »

Its just a block away from "The place where Vacuum Tubes are born". ;D

Hi M_Shoe_Maker,

Did I read this right? Isn't it supposed to read: "The place where Vaccumtubes is born" ??  :o ;D ;D

Offline Rnold

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 14, 2002 at 06:26 PM »

HYPERAUDIO

Location is not so good but he is really accomodating and his products are great and is reasonably priced.  No sales pressure.  Will definitely buy from him.

Very near my place

ARCHITECTURAL AUDIO

Really nice location!  Very friendly and accomodating.  A wide variety of stuff is in there. No sales pressure, they even said that I could inform them if I have ever purchased another product!  Will definitely buy from them.

AMEN! I bought from this guys too and will definitely buy again :)

rtsy

« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2002 at 04:42 PM »

Reposting

I ended up talking to a "person" who does not know what customer service is.
Upscale Audio - where you will be ignored, and be treated as an annoyance, and not worthy to look at their products.  I can just imagine what if I asked them to play my samples!

When I read your post here and on Pinoydiophiles, I spoke with one of the people I know there.  Here's the result of the conversation:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pinoydiophiles/message/895

Further to move this forward, it'd be great to hear your views on what to do in case you get bad treatment in a store:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pinoydiophiles/message/901

Sorry I just had to link it since I don't have time to re-type.   8)

Offline luther

• Collector
  • protegetech.org rav4world.com tsikot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2002 at 06:04 PM »

HYPERAUDIO

Very near my place

ARCHITECTURAL AUDIO

AMEN! I bought from this guys too and will definitely buy again :)

Still haven't bought anything yet from them but will do in the near future.  First impression always lasts right?