Author Topic: OLED TV  (Read 292708 times)

Offline haven_77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OLED TV
« Reply #990 on: Jan 19, 2019 at 08:19 PM »
LG sale slashes OLED TV prices by up to $1,000

Amazon's price drop happened on January 13, 2019.

55" B8
78,068.78 Amazon ($1,496.99)
67,000.00 Olx

55" C8
88,498.88 Amazon ($1,696.99)
75,000.00 Olx

65" C8
140,649.38 Amazon ($2,696.99)
146,500.00 Olx

On November 2016 the price of a 65" B6 was 144,000.

Where did you find the 55B8 for 67k? Is this already a good price? I'm interested in getting one and just started to look around where to buy the cheapest B8.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #991 on: Jan 19, 2019 at 09:11 PM »
Where did you find the 55B8 for 67k? Is this already a good price? I'm interested in getting one and just started to look around where to buy the cheapest B8.
as indicated on my post I saw it on olx. Just unsure if that is the current price.

Offline keldomingo77

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #992 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:55 AM »
My 2016 55 inch LG OLED EG910 suddenly turned "off" while my kids our watching last week, buy then, it wont turned on anymore and just have the red lit on below the LG logo, Upon checking by the LG service tech, they informed me that the panel was the culprit, it automatically shuts off the unit anytime the power is turned on. Oh well... you guess is right, the panel cost 105k,  it just past the 2 year warranty last 2018 and its not practical to have it replace. So, its time to buy a new TV...I love this TV as OLED TVs has the best picture now a days but im scared to buy an OLED again as it might not last for more than 3 years just what i experienced with my EG10. Do you think the new OLEDs today improved and will last longer?

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #993 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 06:41 AM »
My 2016 55 inch LG OLED EG910 suddenly turned "off" while my kids our watching last week, buy then, it wont turned on anymore and just have the red lit on below the LG logo, Upon checking by the LG service tech, they informed me that the panel was the culprit, it automatically shuts off the unit anytime the power is turned on. Oh well... you guess is right, the panel cost 105k,  it just past the 2 year warranty last 2018 and its not practical to have it replace. So, its time to buy a new TV...I love this TV as OLED TVs has the best picture now a days but im scared to buy an OLED again as it might not last for more than 3 years just what i experienced with my EG10. Do you think the new OLEDs today improved and will last longer?

the real answer to your question is: ONLY TIME WILL TELL. hahaha

No one can 100% guarantee if new OLED tvs will last longer since they're only one to three years newer than your unit (2017-2019).

Did they explain specifically what went wrong with your panel? I'd understand if it's a burn in issue or image retention but it seems like your panel just died altogether?

So probably a real bad panel production?

***upon checking, your tv model is a 2015 model pa pala. I would say, OLED has improved a lot since 2015. But by how much? I can't say. hehe

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #994 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 08:42 AM »

You're definitely right in your decision to just buy a new TV and not bother with the panel replacement (P105k! WTF!??). Seeing from the post of DViant that a 55 B8 costs only P67k and the 55 C8 is only P75k. Even SM Appliance have their prices lower at P82,990.00 and P99,990.00 cash prices for the B8 and C8 respectively!

Offline wheelee

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Nobodies tomorrow is guaranteed
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #995 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 09:56 AM »
may mga OLED narin ba sa mga Xiaomi store dyan sa atin?
they mostly use LG panel too

https://www.mi.com/a/h/8043.html

Offline keldomingo77

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:26 AM »
the real answer to your question is: ONLY TIME WILL TELL. hahaha

No one can 100% guarantee if new OLED tvs will last longer since they're only one to three years newer than your unit (2017-2019).

Did they explain specifically what went wrong with your panel? I'd understand if it's a burn in issue or image retention but it seems like your panel just died altogether?

So probably a real bad panel production?

***upon checking, your tv model is a 2015 model pa pala. I would say, OLED has improved a lot since 2015. But by how much? I can't say. hehe

Yes, EG910 is a 2015 model, I just bought it Feb. 2016 when the price lowered from 120k to 90k...I asked my kids if they saw something on the screen, they replied none, as it just turned off suddenly...The LG Tech demonstrated how he checked the mainboard, the power supply and another board how they are functioning normally (thru the values on their tester), it just that after a few seconds the panel will automatically shuts it off altogether...I even told the techguy that the mainboard that i am worried about but he told me that LG's mainboard are not that expensive and I could be happy if that will be the problem but unfortunately its not. I probably got a bad panel.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #997 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:35 AM »

Hmm... I thought OLEDs had a 3 year warranty?

Offline keldomingo77

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM »
Hmm... I thought OLEDs had a 3 year warranty?

Only 2yrs warranty sir, if only i can buy for another year warranty just like apple care, i will do so and get an OLED again..

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #999 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:45 PM »
Only 2yrs warranty sir, if only i can buy for another year warranty just like apple care, i will do so and get an OLED again..
Alam ko sa Abenson nag offer sila ng extended warranty for an amount. Parang insurance based.

Offline keldomingo77

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1000 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 01:56 PM »
Alam ko sa Abenson nag offer sila ng extended warranty for an amount. Parang insurance based.
Will inquire Abenson next  time, Tnx for the info sir...

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #1001 on: Feb 07, 2019 at 09:18 AM »
Any B6 owners having problems achieving 4K resolution video from Netflix?

I used “check your network” in th Netflix app of the LG OLED TV and gave a connection speed of 50.63Mbps on Pldt fiber.

The app is updated. I exited all the tv apps to clear available RAM space. I restarted the NETFLIX app. I restarted the tv..

One time it started playing a 480p app stream then it improved to 720p and got stuck there beyond 10 mins of play

I recently moved the tv around and the network cable was disconnected. So you think this is the culprit?
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019 at 09:20 AM by DViant »

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1002 on: Feb 09, 2019 at 08:13 PM »
Oreo update for Sony a1e should be out soon. Via Ota ...But should be available the Sony support website too...

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Feb 11, 2019 at 07:07 AM »
Para sa mga nagcoconsider mag LG C8 OLED:

https://youtu.be/9fVYJtxgYWw

Offline areyes

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1004 on: Feb 21, 2019 at 09:36 PM »
Any B6 owners having problems achieving 4K resolution video from Netflix?

I used “check your network” in th Netflix app of the LG OLED TV and gave a connection speed of 50.63Mbps on Pldt fiber.

The app is updated. I exited all the tv apps to clear available RAM space. I restarted the NETFLIX app. I restarted the tv..

One time it started playing a 480p app stream then it improved to 720p and got stuck there beyond 10 mins of play

I recently moved the tv around and the network cable was disconnected. So you think this is the culprit?
Sir tanong ko lang ano na status ng issue na to? Na resolve na ba at paano?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 587
« Reply #1005 on: Feb 24, 2019 at 07:17 PM »
Sana umabot na sa 60t ang 65inch na OLED.

Pag naglabas na ng Samsung yung Inorganic MicrOLED nila, prices should drop bigly.  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 at 07:24 PM by t-bone »
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1006 on: Feb 26, 2019 at 02:52 PM »
Konti nalang. Right now, cheapest 55 inch OLED (na generation 8) is something like 80k pesos SRP.

So maybe a year or two (?)

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1007 on: Feb 26, 2019 at 03:04 PM »
In other news:

COMING SOON :)

-Dolby Atmos support
-Pixel Contrast Booster
-Improvements to Black Frame Insertion
-77 inch version available

ALL HAIL SONY OLED :)
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2019 at 03:05 PM by blackcyborg009 »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Feb 27, 2019 at 08:48 AM »
ganda. ganda din presyo ni sony. haha sana mabilis na android tv app nila.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1009 on: Feb 27, 2019 at 09:56 PM »
The inorganic led by Samsung looks promising. IOLED na siya and not OLED. Better lifespan and durability.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 587
« Reply #1010 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 01:08 AM »
The inorganic led by Samsung looks promising. IOLED na siya and not OLED. Better lifespan and durability.

MicrOLED yata yung marketing name nya
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #1011 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 05:56 AM »
MicroLED siya. Much higher intensity din; pwede maski outdoor lighting. Very expensive to make and miniaturize at this point, kaya wala pang smaller sizes. Mga larger high end residential displays and high end cinemas/viewing rooms ang target nila sa ngayon.

LG is developing their own MicroLED. Meron na sila sa professional displays.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 06:08 AM »
It will be very expensive to scale to a large size and the lifespan won't be as good, but the current Galaxy S10/S10+ display tech is superior to OLED TVs in color volume, accuracy and peak intensity.

Of course that would still be inferior to MicroLED with its 10000 nit intensity, equivalent color volume and much longer lifespan.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #1013 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 06:28 AM »
It will be very expensive to scale to a large size and the lifespan won't be as good, but the current Galaxy S10/S10+ display tech is superior to OLED TVs in color volume, accuracy and peak intensity.

Of course that would still be inferior to MicroLED with its 10000 nit intensity, equivalent color volume and much longer lifespan.

after experiencing permanent burn-in issue with my S9+, i'm weary of the current OLED technology .... are there any advances in the technology that prevents burn-in image?
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 08:56 AM »
after experiencing permanent burn-in issue with my S9+, i'm weary of the current OLED technology .... are there any advances in the technology that prevents burn-in image?
LG is using an RGBW array to let the white subpixels handle much of the luminance work (to extend phosphor life by using less intensity from the RGB subpixels). This results in better power efficiency and panel endurance, but reduced color volume.This is true for essentially all the OLED TVs in the market, as they have panels supplied by LG.

Samsung's OLED TVs (2012-2014) used RGB arrays which offered excellent color volume, but can't shine as bright as RGBW panels without hurting panel life.

Phone screens are not designed to last as long as TV screens. That is why they can push RGB phone OLED displays to 1200 nits.

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #1015 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 11:02 AM »

Interesting. I was thinking of getting an XS Max for its OLED screen when I re-contract with Globe this March but I guess, I'll just go with the XR.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1016 on: Feb 28, 2019 at 11:11 PM »
Interesting. I was thinking of getting an XS Max for its OLED screen when I re-contract with Globe this March but I guess, I'll just go with the XR.
I've had a number of OLED-equipped phones. No visible burn-in on my devices yet. I guess it's because I don't burn the screens bright, I normally use darker themes, I don't use the always-on display feature and I infrequently use phones for turn by turn navigation. I guess I'm also an outlier since I use 5 handhelds, so my screentime gets divided among the devices.

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #1017 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 09:01 AM »
ganda. ganda din presyo ni sony. haha sana mabilis na android tv app nila.

bro Di ba naka converge ka? natry mo na mag netflix sa oled mo if nakuha niya ung uhd streaming?

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 10:19 AM »
bro Di ba naka converge ka? natry mo na mag netflix sa oled mo if nakuha niya ung uhd streaming?

haha kita ko reply mo dun sa other thread just now.

I don't think updated yung netflix ko since I don't remember updating any app for a while now. So is it best not to update? Kuha ko Umbrella Academy at UHD+Dolby Vision.

*eye test lang yun since I don't know how to check from netflix mismo if it is UHD. But I'm 100% sure UHD quality yun. hehe

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #1019 on: Mar 01, 2019 at 10:24 AM »
haha kita ko reply mo dun sa other thread just now.

I don't think updated yung netflix ko since I don't remember updating any app for a while now. So is it best not to update? Kuha ko Umbrella Academy at UHD+Dolby Vision.

*eye test lang yun since I don't know how to check from netflix mismo if it is UHD. But I'm 100% sure UHD quality yun. hehe

Haha so sa oled ka nag play ng netflix? Press info lang sa remote para makita mo yung streaming info kasi may nagsasabi kasi sa kabilang thread na ok naman daw sa netflix nila with globe and other non pldt provider so natanung ko lang baka pde mo icheck isolating the issue kasi. :)