Author Topic: OLED TV  (Read 293918 times)

Offline Destroben

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OLED TV
« Reply #2070 on: Oct 22, 2023 at 01:37 AM »
Yeah I definitely miss the magic remote/ui of my LG Oled. It is also good for showing off when there are visitors hahaha. Not really a fan of the Tizen Os but easily fixed by my Apple TV 4k.

Since both of you got an s9Xc may I suggest buying the rubber remote protector from sikaicase from one of the online stores available to us? The remote now feels super premium with it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #2071 on: Oct 23, 2023 at 08:13 AM »
Yeah I definitely miss the magic remote/ui of my LG Oled. It is also good for showing off when there are visitors hahaha. Not really a fan of the Tizen Os but easily fixed by my Apple TV 4k.

Since both of you got an s9Xc may I suggest buying the rubber remote protector from sikaicase from one of the online stores available to us? The remote now feels super premium with it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung remote is crappy. It also not durable.

So far the LG magic remote is the best base on my experience.

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2072 on: Oct 26, 2023 at 02:23 AM »
Sony PH won't bring their QD-OLEDs until next year (I was told this but I have my doubts, TBH)

Whoa :o
So in your humble opinion, iniisip ni Sony Philippines na mag-launch ng A95L locally?

The return of MASTER SERIES OLED dito sa bansa (after a three year absence)?!?!?!?

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #2073 on: Oct 27, 2023 at 12:58 AM »

Whoa :o
So in your humble opinion, iniisip ni Sony Philippines na mag-launch ng A95L locally?

The return of MASTER SERIES OLED dito sa bansa (after a three year absence)?!?!?!?

I personally don't think it will happen but I was told Sony PH plans to make it happen. 

It seems the QD-OLEDs from Samsung have sold well locally and Sony wants to compete with it. The Battle of the 95's (S95 vs A95) might occur next year but I really don't think Sony can compete in price.

The A95's advantages are Dolby Vision, Google TV, and a 2-year warranty. However, Samsung's S95 will probably be priced as much as 25% lower, I think, not to mention having a really good soundbar bundled with the TV. 

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2074 on: Oct 27, 2023 at 09:54 PM »

I personally don't think it will happen but I was told Sony PH plans to make it happen. 

It seems the QD-OLEDs from Samsung have sold well locally and Sony wants to compete with it. The Battle of the 95's (S95 vs A95) might occur next year but I really don't think Sony can compete in price.

The A95's advantages are Dolby Vision, Google TV, and a 2-year warranty. However, Samsung's S95 will probably be priced as much as 25% lower, I think, not to mention having a really good soundbar bundled with the TV. 

Interesting.
I hope they do.

Initially kasi, I was under the assumption na the reason bakit pinahinto ni Sony Philippines ang MASTER SERIES OLED was dahil sa pandemic (which ate up a lot of budgets and purchasing power).
Now, given na we are experiencing post-pandemic rebound, it looks like purchasing power is starting to return.............to the point na hindi sila malulugi nang husto if ever they decide to re-introduce MASTER SERIES OLED dito sa atin.

Let's make it happen =)

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2075 on: Nov 19, 2023 at 12:26 PM »
There's a 55" LG C1 for sale in the Marketplace for ₱42k; used with 1.1k viewing hours and warranty until July 2024 (which means the tv was bought July '22). This model already has support for HDMI 2.1, which includes VRR and 120Hz.

Still a good deal, in my humble opinion, considering maalaga naman usually mga pdvd peeps with their equipment. I doubt there are burn-ins but you could always check anyway.

At that price, you couldn't even get a used A-series OLED of the same model year. Sa bnew naman, ₱45k can get you no bigger than a 42" OLED these days.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2076 on: Nov 25, 2023 at 09:03 AM »
https://youtu.be/pHfdCpxzt8I?si=3jCOFRjM7NRyQ_1c

QD-OLEDs win again in 2023.

HDTVTest's annual best TV blind test results:

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Disharmony

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2077 on: Nov 28, 2023 at 10:28 PM »
Do you guys recommend buying one of those remotes sa Amazon that turns off ABSL for the LG OLEDs?

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2078 on: Dec 02, 2023 at 10:23 AM »
Over at https://www.bhphotovideo.com/ 83" S95C OLED is $3,497.99 or P193,612.

Is it being offered that low in PH?

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2079 on: Dec 02, 2023 at 10:44 AM »
I haven’t seen the 83 inch, but the 77 inch was offered 130k before.

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2080 on: Dec 02, 2023 at 08:48 PM »
I haven’t seen the 83 inch, but the 77 inch was offered 130k before.

So the only domestic brands that have a 83" OLED are Sony & LG?

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2081 on: Dec 31, 2023 at 04:35 PM »
Anson's just did a price reduction on the JZ1000.  It's not as wild as 2021 but it's still a good price for an OLED.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2082 on: Jan 02, 2024 at 09:25 PM »
Was TV shopping today as my 12 year old 50” Pioneer Kuro plasma appears to have given up the ghost (I’ll try to have it fixed and give it to my dad). 

Was comparing 65” OLEDs from Sony and LG.  Leaning towards the LG since it is 28t cheaper with discounts.  The LG is a C3 with a cash payment price of 92t while the competing Sony (did not get the model) is 120t.  I have a 65” 2018 C8 LG OLED that still works great.  Given the choice, which will you get?
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2024 at 09:27 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #2083 on: Jan 02, 2024 at 10:15 PM »
Was TV shopping today as my 12 year old 50” Pioneer Kuro plasma appears to have given up the ghost (I’ll try to have it fixed and give it to my dad). 

Was comparing 65” OLEDs from Sony and LG.  Leaning towards the LG since it is 28t cheaper with discounts.  The LG is a C3 with a cash payment price of 92t while the competing Sony (did not get the model) is 120t.  I have a 65” 2018 C8 LG OLED that still works great.  Given the choice, which will you get?

Sony for me because of the Google TV OS. NBA app does not work on LG. Picture quality wise same lang sila; in terms of HDMI ports may advantage yung LG (more 2.1a  ports, although same total number naman sila); sa audio malaki advantage ng Sony.

Besides the discounts, look for the store promos or credit card promos, you might get better pricing.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2084 on: Jan 03, 2024 at 05:26 PM »
Got the C3 na.  Would have opted for the Sony if it was the A90 or A95 but A80 pa lang ang available sa stores.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2085 on: Jan 04, 2024 at 01:25 PM »
Here's a sneak preview of the 2024 LG OLED lineup:

https://youtu.be/NdOnEh0kvDE?si=KT2Nzwuwu2OcC_Vj

_

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2086 on: Jan 10, 2024 at 07:36 AM »
Here's a sneak preview of the 2024 LG OLED lineup:

https://youtu.be/NdOnEh0kvDE?si=KT2Nzwuwu2OcC_Vj

_

parang sobra incremental lang ang changes sa C4.

Dapat wala masyado changes din sa presyo.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2087 on: Jan 10, 2024 at 09:59 AM »
parang sobra incremental lang ang changes sa C4.

Dapat wala masyado changes din sa presyo.
Yes, which makes getting a C3 now (on discount) as a much better deal than waiting for the C4.

But those thinking about a G3 today might want to just wait for the G4 instead.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2088 on: Jan 14, 2024 at 01:58 AM »
Any recommended seller / shop for an LG C3? Looking to get a 77.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #2089 on: Feb 18, 2024 at 09:09 PM »
my LG Oled CX is acting up, don't know if its the panel or board. when using streaming via Nvidia Shield around 3 to 4 mins into viewing the display shuts down & power led blinks 3 times & turns back on, but the screen sometimes hangs, I have to unplugged the Shield to normalize again.

When using Blu-Ray player everything works fine.

the bad thing 2years & 3months already so warranty is out, either Panel & Board it usually costs a lot so will just wait if its  really not usable anymore.
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2090 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 06:52 AM »
my LG Oled CX is acting up, don't know if its the panel or board. when using streaming via Nvidia Shield around 3 to 4 mins into viewing the display shuts down & power led blinks 3 times & turns back on, but the screen sometimes hangs, I have to unplugged the Shield to normalize again.

the bad thing 2years & 3months already so warranty is out, either Panel & Board it usually costs a lot so will just wait if its  really not usable anymore.

Yikes. 

Hope you don't mind me asking.

How many hours are logged into the tv? Are you using an AVR?

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2091 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 07:13 AM »
Yikes. 

Hope you don't mind me asking.

How many hours are logged into the tv? Are you using an AVR?

Hours, I havent check on this. My own calculations, it hasnt exceeded 100hrs. I only hang out in this room on Sundays & usually watch 1 or 2 movies the most.
AVR- Yes.

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2092 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 09:36 AM »
Hours, I havent check on this. My own calculations, it hasnt exceeded 100hrs. I only hang out in this room on Sundays & usually watch 1 or 2 movies the most.
AVR- Yes.

My C1 is turning 2 this month, should I be worried?

The reason I ask on the AVR is after googling, that issue seems to point to power supply.

Suggest to have it checked, before it gets worsed. I wouldn't think its the panel since as you said, it normalizes after a while.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2093 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 10:47 AM »

Baka naka-set to HDR yung screen?  Set it back to standard and see if it behaves.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2094 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 10:56 AM »
I have a 5 year old LG OLED C8 and recently purchased an LG OLED C3, both 65" and 4K.  You'd think the new TV will trounce the older one but no - I honestly cannot detect a difference in picture quality.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2095 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 11:38 AM »
Baka naka-set to HDR yung screen?  Set it back to standard and see if it behaves.

ok will try this, I know the shield is set to HDR & Dolby Vision. where's the setting located for the LG?

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2096 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 11:44 AM »
My C1 is turning 2 this month, should I be worried?

The reason I ask on the AVR is after googling, that issue seems to point to power supply.

Suggest to have it checked, before it gets worsed. I wouldn't think its the panel since as you said, it normalizes after a while.

If ever it gets worst, I think Ill  just get a new one, I've been always eying a 77", but wala naman nagbenta dito. I saw a SAMSUNG OLED 77" @P169k. I wonder if it's any good?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2097 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 12:50 PM »
ok will try this, I know the shield is set to HDR & Dolby Vision. where's the setting located for the LG?

Under "Display".

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2098 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 03:05 PM »
If ever it gets worst, I think Ill  just get a new one, I've been always eying a 77", but wala naman nagbenta dito. I saw a SAMSUNG OLED 77" @P169k. I wonder if it's any good?

Reviews online and feedback on this thread are pretty good, just note the absence of Dolby Vision and the local one-year warranty (compared to 2-year warranties for LG and Sony OLEDs in the PH).

Offline chrisrac

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2099 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 05:05 PM »

Hi, just my opinion. Maybe the Nvidia Shield is the culprit? From what you posted, you have to unplug the Shield to normalize the function of the TV. And you don't experience the issue from using your bluray player. Maybe you can try streaming using the TV's apps to isolate the cause.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk