Author Topic: Venz V12 3D  (Read 4492 times)

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Venz V12 3D
« on: Sep 06, 2013 at 10:41 PM »
Good Day!!!

While waiting for my files to be moved to the external drive, I'll write this short review of the Venz V12 3D player. I needed a cheap media player since I'm using a PS3 (via ps3 media server) and I'm tired of Cinavia and not able to read most subtitle files. So I saw the ad of sir rochie and got myself one since it was on sale (3700php)

***Please note I'm no expert and this is all based on my (short) experience and personal views***

(This is a working progress you I'll add more as soon as I have more mileage on this unit.)

PROS:

-Cheap
- Realtek 1186
- Metal Casing
- 3D
- USB wifi dongle/HDMI cable included
- Fast boot up (20 seconds)

Cons (not a deal breaker) but just for those who want to know.

- USB 3.0 are all in the back which can be in conflict with the Wifi dongle (pangit pag ang antenna nasa harap)
- No LCD in front ( for it's price I did'nt expect it)
- Remote control needs to have direct line of sight and the buttons are hard... remember those old 5110 keypads. And there's a little bit of lag but not that bad. (Again for the price I'm not going to complain)

So Here are the specs:

1.Chipset: RTD1186DD 750MHz (2Gbit NAND FLASH)
2.3D:POWER VR SGX 3D GPU
3.3D playback: 3D blueray, 3D AVCHD, Single-file MVC, 3D Content in side-by-side or top-bottom 2D video, 3D subtitle, 3D image with transition effects
4.Blu-ray of original Disc copy, Blu-ray ISO image file play and read PGS subtitles perfectly
5.Support popular Full HD 1080P decoding(MKV/H.264/RMVB/WMV9/MPEG4.etc)
6.Support Audio format: MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,OGG,AC3,Flac,etc
7.Support 7.1 Dolby, 7.1 DTS and SPDIF   digital audio
8. DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass through HDMI
9.Support Photo format:JPEG,GIF,BMP,PNG,etc
10.Local Movie/Music/Photo search function, Movie Cover art and preview function
11.10/100Mbps Wired LAN and built-in 150Mbps WIFI antenna connection
12.UPNP, FILE COPY, BT, SAMBA, PPPoE
13.Online Vedio/Audio/Photo/Weather/News,etc.
14.1x SATA interface+ 1x USB 3.0+2x USB 2.0
15.Support external HDD to 3TB
16.OSD language:English,French,Spanish,German,Dutch,Italian,Russian etc.
17.HDMI 1.4,Y/Pb/Pr up to 1080p, AV output, Coaxial, Optical output
18.Plug subtitles:TXT, PGS, SMI, SRT, SUB, ASS, SSA
19.AC adapter:5V/2A
20.Size:179*119*42mm/0.85kg (Metal casing)

Venz is a Chinese company and it's quite obvious from the box and the remote control since there are a lot of Chinese characters.

Looks:

It's made out of metal and the front plate has a brushed finish the surrounding metal case is matte black. (good for those who don't like fingerprint smudges)

What's in the box?

- Venz 12 Player
- Cables
- Remote Control
- HDMI Cable (free)
- USB wifi (free)

Front View

2x USB 2.0 ports
IR sensor
SD card slot

Back view:

Power switch
DC in
Composite Video/Audio out
Optical out
HDMI out
Ethernet port
Reset button
2xUSB 3.0

That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Venz V12 3D
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2013 at 10:43 PM »
Wait... This one is funny... And another indication that this is really made in China.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 12:04 PM »
Bro -- hows the performance? ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 01:33 PM »
Bro -- hows the performance? ::)

It's all good. Plays everything i throw at it. Even for music. I don't have much experience with NMT's though I'm not sure if pareho lang ba ng interface but this one looks like it's the same as the Asus O-one from the menus and all.

Offline rayeth_04

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM »
The interface is nothing to be excited about though as titor said for the price of the v12 this is nothing to complain about. Tested my unit and quite satisfied with the performance. Dlna streaming is nice streamed music and videos from my smartphone to the player. Haven't tried torrent direct download yet.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2013 at 06:38 PM »
HI Titor and Rayeth

thanks for the positive review glad you both like the nmt,surprisingly i am not aware that DLNA is working on this unit as i haven't tested it hehehe but glad its working. unfortunately stocks has run out and my supplier is not sure when will the new batch of units will be available(i think they are pushing the android base nmt's that's why production of 1185/1186chipset is very low nowadays). by the way you can also control the basic remote function via your mobile phone as long as its connected to the same wifi network, just browse the nmt's ipaddress on your mobile/tablet and you can now control the basic functions if you dont want to use the included remote :) :)

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2013 at 08:22 PM »
Sir Rochie, anong app ang gagamitin for ios? I haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing can do. Movies pa lang muna.

Offline rochie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM »
Sir Rochie, anong app ang gagamitin for ios? I haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing can do. Movies pa lang muna.

ordinary web browser lang,basta enable mo yung smart display ata yun sa app folder.

Offline rayeth_04

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM »
quite enjoying the v12, just downloaded mediahouse app from googleplay on my s3 now i could stream movies from my hdd connected to the v12 to my mobile phone.

While the kids are watching "Barbie in the Pink Shoe" i could stream "Furious 6" to my smartphone.

Would like to test the 3d capabilities of the device kaso la pa budget for a 3d TV.

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM »
3D 1186 chipset, two USB 3.0 slots, free HDMI cable and Wifi Dongle.
Bang for the buck ito ah!
Nakahanap ng katapat yung Egreat R6S and Measy X5 dito!
Mas mura pa!

This would be a no brainer for me if i didnt have perfectly working Egreat R6S now.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM »
3D 1186 chipset, two USB 3.0 slots, free HDMI cable and Wifi Dongle.
Bang for the buck ito ah!
Nakahanap ng katapat yung Egreat R6S and Measy X5 dito!
Mas mura pa!

This would be a no brainer for me if i didnt have perfectly working Egreat R6S now.

Bang for the buck talaga pero sayang wala na daw stocks. But this is not for those who like those pretty interface. but as per sir rayeth ang dami pala niyang features that I didn't know existed. Wala kasing manual. hehehe.

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM »
/\
ok lang yung sa interface. a lot of *thinking* people will take substance over style anyday. :)
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline rayeth_04

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 01:10 PM »
definitely, for the price it's a nice deal, actually i was leaning on a measy x5 then saw the price drop ad of sir rochie.

The interface definitely looks like the ui of my kaiboer h1055+ another cheap media player that is bang for the buck, though the v12 has more deep colors and contrast than my kaiboer imo.

Ang mahirap nga lang walang manual hehe, in liue of the manual just ask sir rochie sya na lang manual for the v12.

For 3.7k oki talaga sya spec wise and the additional bells and whistles na meron sya are functioning properly naman. Yesterday nag leave ako sa ofc and just watched animes and 6 movies the whole day, stress test ba and the v12 passed with flying colors.

Offline rochie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 12, 2013 at 01:42 PM »
Bang for the buck talaga pero sayang wala na daw stocks. But this is not for those who like those pretty interface. but as per sir rayeth ang dami pala niyang features that I didn't know existed. Wala kasing manual. hehehe.

oo nga ako din nung tinetest ko to noon di ko halos na explore lahat,nag focus kasi ako sa media playing capabilities nya kung kaya ba nya ma play halos lahat ng file types and fortunately lahat ng plinay ko ok naman even bd iso, initially the 1st unit that they sent me has android 2.2 installed together with the default firmware kaya lang mukhang hindi stable and sometimes force close mga apps so kaya siguro inalis na lang nila.

i also tried the 2d-3d conversion in my panny vt30 ok naman ang output halos katulad din nung mga SBS encoded files,pero syempre iba pa din talaga pag yung source ay galing mismo sa 3D.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2015 at 09:29 PM »
The only regret from buying the V12 from Rochie is that I should have gotten more units :)

@Titor, which is the COAX output, I can only see an Optical Cable output.
Where is the Love? BEP